DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:33 am

Post by DarkFlashlight »

glowball wrote:I just love it when people try to fake town slips- they always sound so ignorant. Now I am not opposed to anyone being attacked and saying straight up "I am town" it's not helpful, but it's just more honest then playing dumb. Oversoul, if you are in 3 games and none of those seem to be newbie games although you only have 67 posts I am going to assume you have some offsite experience and I am also going to assume you've read the role PMs provided by the Mods on the first page of every game- MEANING you KNOW there is a QT and pretending that you don't know is just playing dumb. Town slip=failed.

I was gonna say the same thing in a lot less words.

Oversoul wrote:Muffin, you are null-leaning scum.

That's not what it sounded like.

Amrun wrote:When Hoopla said she suspected you so strongly, I took a look back and noticed some of the same things as Oversoul.

Secrets don't make friends. Why would you not mention scummy things?

glowball wrote:Oversoul you are scum. You are active lurking scum, who's decision to suddenly become active was based on the opportunity to corner neil since many player have some suspicions of him already.

This would make sense with trying to incite a wagon...but he didn't even vote. That could spark a whole new debate, but regardless, I can't see it as trying to get momentum if he didn't even add the finishing touch.

glowball wrote:I swear my head is going to explode if jakesh is scum stalling for no lynch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH

UNVOTE

VOTE: Jakesh97

What's the point in this? He can't react if he's not here, which is what the reaction would be about, actually lynching him would FUBAR the execution of the plan that's the whole reason we need him, and if he replaces, you'll likely revote Oversoul. Seems overly frustrated.

Oversoul wrote:Oh Glowball. You are so silly. However, I guess we can agree on something. Jakesh is annoying. ;) Just don't beat yourself up too much when you are wrong.

Gah. It sounds like you're trying to make friends with her first of all, and second, "when you are wrong," implies that you're going to die and flip. One person has their vote on you, Neil is obviously apprehensive towards you because he disliked your wall on him, but everyone else seems rather neutral or on your side. It's overly defensive.

Quilford wrote:#173: DarkFlashlight beats the dead horse's zombie (scumtell)

People are still baw'ing about this? I know she said she would go through with the plan, but that seems irrelevant when she had earlier refused to read the plan, and didn't say she had caught up until the post directly AFTER the one you're referring to. I'd rather excessively repeat than have a wallflower sabotage a well set up plan. In fact, she had clearly said that she had no intent to go through with the plan after saying she would:
glowball wrote:then go forward with the plan- and I want you [Hoopla] lynched today

Had she read it, she would've known that that's not necessarily possible. Hoopla would have to be in the little 1/4 of the game's players to be able to do that, yet said that she wanted it to happen regardless.

I realize Glowball did read the thread, eventually agreed to the plan (after saying she read, I'm not counting the first for the reason I just gave), and even ran through scenarios with it, but that all happened after that post.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Amrun »

Why didn't I post it? I am very busy, and filed it under "to be posted about later," but by the time I got around to it, Oversoul had already posted and it was just silly to post it then.

I didn't find it important because neil still isn't one of my top scumreads.

I have been scumhunting across the board more than anyone else in this game, just about, so if you atre trying to say something about what I said or didn't say about neil, say it. Don't approach it so obliquely.

As I've said several times, I'm not going to waste my life making cases until the lynchpool is decided. I will and have stated my reads before then, but convincing everyone else of their validity is a futile gesture at this juncture.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

neil1113 wrote:
Oversoul wrote:Just gonna leave me hanging, Quil...? That's cool. I guess.

Anyway, I have already stated that Neil is scum and one of my reasons is that he has continually
tried to hinder the plan
which I feel like he just tried to do again.

Just wish Jakesh would either replace or ... do anything really.

Last time I checked, "trying to rush things" and "trying to hinder the plan" is contradictory... I'm not sure what you're accusing me of anymore.

If you rush the plan so that it goes out of the already set order or just completely ignore a PR for now, that is trying to hinder the plan. You are hindering the plan by rushing things.

Quilford, I agree on your points except for Amrun being scummy. I have her as leaning town and I don't really understand your #198 comment. Amrun is stating that Glowball wants to do a different plan in order to confirm that Hoopla is townie. Amrun states that this would lose the original efficiency of the plan and then indirectly states that Hoopla is town by saying Glowball knows that the plan is town driven because Hoopla isn't in Glowball's scum group.

Basically, Amrun thinks Glowball's suggestion is a ploy to lose the first night and day and then proceed with the plan after Hoopla has been lynched and confirmed town which Amrun says Glowball would know and scum get a free mislynch, plus they have successfully impeded the plan.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:11 am

Post by neil1113 »

Oversoul wrote:Quilford,
I agree on your points
except for Amrun being scummy.

I understood the point of rushing it now. I apologize, I didn't really think through what would happen if we went on without one person. You're right about one thing, I want this day to get moving. It's been boring so far, and I don't think I've ever been in a game where the whole game basically went on pause because one lurker decided not to play. Unless it was like Ly-Lo or something.

As for the quote above, what points? Quilford didn't make any scum-hunting points, or any points at all actually. He simply posted his reactions and responses. There were no cases made, no points delivered, and no facts stated.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Amrun »

I thought that was perfectly clear the first time I said it, but thanks for explaining the obvious anyway, Oversoul. It's good to know I'm not delusional.

P-edit: He hid some things in there, but it does lack a good summary or explanation of conclusions. He has a couple of "scumtells" for me, but also several towntells, for example, but I am still scum. He didn't connect the dots - and he should, at some point.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:26 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Need a more replacement, so we can get a jakesh replacement. A side note though, he flaked in another of my games (was lynched just recently for reasons unrelated to his flaking, and flipped VT). So it's not like a scum-lurking tactic. Not to say he isn't scum, but that his inactivity isn't a tell of any sort.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Amrun »

Good info. Thanks.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

zMuffinMan wrote:Need a more replacement, so we can get a jakesh replacement. A side note though, he flaked in another of my games (was lynched just recently for reasons unrelated to his flaking, and flipped VT). So it's not like a scum-lurking tactic. Not to say he isn't scum, but that his inactivity isn't a tell of any sort.

Agreed. He is about to be force replaced in another game that I am in so I don't think scum motives are behind his inactivity, just lack of interest.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:01 am

Post by neil1113 »

Oversoul wrote:
zMuffinMan wrote:Need a more replacement, so we can get a jakesh replacement. A side note though, he flaked in another of my games (was lynched just recently for reasons unrelated to his flaking, and flipped VT). So it's not like a scum-lurking tactic. Not to say he isn't scum, but that his inactivity isn't a tell of any sort.

Agreed. He is about to be force replaced in another game that I am in so I don't think scum motives are behind his inactivity, just lack of interest.

It could just be things going on in his life stopping him from playing Mafia, not even lack of interest. But I agree that he's about to be replaced in [redacted] and so I can't really take this as a town tell or scum tell. It's null to me.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:32 am

Post by glowball »

OKAY...my vote on jakesh was out of frustration but seriously if he isn't going to get replaced I am going to vote him...I mean he picked up his fucking prod and he's making us wait for nothing...I wouldn't over look what he is doing as scummy- you may see it as null but I don't. We won't do the claiming without him it seems and if he's scum that's perfect then we have to quick lynch just to back the deadline or no lynch and let scum do as they wish. I just know if he's town he needs to get in here soon
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Hoopla »

Yeah, I'm pretty unimpressed. He's completely killed this game's momentum. Send in the pacman please, so we can all start playing.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

@Mod
If he doesn't post anything of substance or say that he agrees with the plan can he be modkilled or forced replaced?

And Neil. :(
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Amrun »

Ps mod said he would get replaced on sunday if he hadn't posted.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by DarkFlashlight »

By this point Jake even catching up would take so much time it'd be a hassle. He just needs to replace. I think Pac's been keeping up with the game, since he was in queue to replace, not just random.
swankidelic
swankidelic
Goon
swankidelic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by swankidelic »

Wow, you call people out on letting momentum drop and everyone posts walls.

On Oversoul v. neil. I've been suspicious of neil from the beginning, and I don't think they're both on the same side. My gut doesn't like Oversoul, but I think that's just his smugness.

I'm not sure I like Quilford's wall. I don't think his approach is effective, I'm not sure if looking at a person's iso granularly instead of holistically is useful. It appears that he's just rating posts on a scale of 1 to 5 and summing them up to produce a scum score or something. Looks fluffy
swankidelic
swankidelic
Goon
swankidelic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by swankidelic »

Woops, meant to hit preview.

Looks like he's showing a lot of work only to jump on the LittleGrey wagon.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by andrew94 »

muffin explain 399 please
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Amrun »

Swankidellic, what gives you the impression that Quilford didn't read hollistically?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

andrew wrote:muffin explain 399 please

errrr... I think it's pretty self-explanatory. I want Amrun to be in the lynch pool.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
swankidelic
swankidelic
Goon
swankidelic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:21 am

Post by swankidelic »

Why do you want Amrun in the lynch pool, though?

The way he gauges the scumminess of each individual post. Some posts are singularly self-evident like that, but not a lot; in my experience I have to judge content in situ to get a reading.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Amrun »

Yes, but he did the posts in order as they appeared organically.

I agree that his method is not very effective, and not one I've seen him employ as any alignment, but that doesn't make him scum. Intent is more important.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 am

Post by neil1113 »

Amrun wrote:Yes, but he did the posts in order as they appeared organically.

I agree that his method is not very effective, and not one I've seen him employ as any alignment, but that doesn't make him scum. Intent is more important.

It could just be that he's learning and maturing through the game of Mafia, and is figuring out new tactics and ways to play that would make his effort more effective while playing. I don't think it'd be fair to attribute a new playing style that someone brings to the game, due to scumminess (or lack of).
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Amrun »

^that is what I was trying to say.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:26 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

swank wrote:Why do you want Amrun in the lynch pool, though?

I'll give you three guesses.

And one hint: if you guess that I want to lynch Amrun, you'd be right.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:11 am

Post by MrBump »

evilpacman18 has been asked to replace in.

Vote Count 1.07

andrew94 - 2
(zMuffinMan)
Quilford - 1
(jakesh97)
Glowball - 1
(andrew94)
LittleGrey - 3
(Amrun, swankedelic, Quilford)
jakesh97 - 2
(LittleGrey, glowball)

Not Voting:
neil1113, Hoopla, Oversoul

With twelve alive, it takes
seven
to lynch! The deadline is on the 8th of July at 9:42 GMT!

andrew94 has returned from his V/LA!
Last edited by MrBump on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST

Return to “Completed Open Games”