Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ythan wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:So, now that I'm voting you, are you going to stop blowing me off and start answering some questions, or do we have to put you at lynch -1 before you'll start doing that?

I'm blowing you off because you're bullshitting and have been since your first post. But I understand and am not forming a judgment of you as a player based on this game because you replaced into a terrible slot. <3

So, what, I was "bullshitting" because I correctly read Ethos as town while you were tunneling on him for a idiotic reason, while pretending you had more of a case then you did but refusing to ever explain what it was?

Let me say this one more time. I am town, and I am voting you, because you are acting like either scum or like a tunneling idiot, and I don't think you are an idiot, so that probably makes you scum at this point.

You have consistently refused to explain your reads on either Ethos or on me. That's just scummy as fuck; if you were town, and you actually thought I was scum, you'd be glad to explain why, to try to convince other people, to make your point, to run your logic past the town and see if there was anything wrong with it.

Pretending that T-Bone is just OMGUSing you rather then responding to his points isn't winning you any town points either.

You're not going to get out of being lynched today by just sticking your head in the sand and refusing to say anything, Ythan. It doesn't work like that.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

UT: Seriously? You're voting me becuase Para was a VI?

Explain to me what Para did, at any point in the game, that actually seemed to have any kind of scum motivation behind it. Anything.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Yosarian2 wrote:So, what, I was "bullshitting" because I correctly read Ethos as town
One of my favorite scum plays is "correctly reading" a scummy town player and then pulling out the I-told-you-so really hard to lynch the person pushing the lynch after the flip. This argument isn't winning you any town points, only town pwnts. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Untrod Tripod wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:So, what, I was "bullshitting" because I correctly read Ethos as town
One of my favorite scum plays is "correctly reading" a scummy town player and then pulling out the I-told-you-so really hard to lynch the person pushing the lynch after the flip. This argument isn't winning you any town points, only town pwnts. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Except I was doing everything I could to prevent the Ethos lynch, even when the top two wagons (the only two wagons, really) were Ethos and me, and I was directly putting myself at risk by trying to get people off the Ethos lynch.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, the point I was making was that the only case Ythan was even trying to make against me was the lame "Yos is scum trying to protect his buddy" case. This was the only case he was willing to make against me, no matter how many times I asked him:

Ythan wrote:No see it's because Yos came into an unfortunate player slot and is now continuing his predecessor's attempts to take the heat off of his scumbuddy through what meager means he has left given his own precarious position. It is sad to see Yos only enter this game in an already doomed slot. :(

And now he's been proven wrong, and he's still just going to keep voting me. It's gone beyond the point when I can write off Ythan's behavior as stupid town; he's scum, he's trying to get a mislynch, and he doesn't care that his pet theory has already been proven wrong.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Yosarian2 wrote:UT: Seriously? You're voting me becuase Para was a VI?
Untrod Tripod wrote:We should probably go for someone who's scummy AND has gotten a lot of attention. You know, kind of like Parabollocks.
Blatant misrep? What what?

Yosarian2 wrote:Except I was doing everything I could to prevent the Ethos lynch, even when the top two wagons (the only two wagons, really) were Ethos and me, and I was directly putting myself at risk by trying to get people off the Ethos lynch.
Anyone puts themself at risk by trying to prevent a lynch. This is not a towntell. As I recall, a number of people (myself included) said "well let's let Yos talk for a bit now" when you replaced in. You weren't really in danger of being lynched over Ethos. You're a good enough player to know that you could argue your way out of the you vs. Ethos situation. He was acting crazy scummy.

Your defense is that you're not mafia because you were defending the seemingly-inevitable lynch of someone you would have known to not be mafia (giving you the opportunity to turn a wagon onto the person leading that wagon)? Seriously?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Untrod Tripod wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:UT: Seriously? You're voting me becuase Para was a VI?
Untrod Tripod wrote:We should probably go for someone who's scummy AND has gotten a lot of attention. You know, kind of like Parabollocks.
Blatant misrep? What what?

How about you actually explain how Para was scummy, how you think his actions make more sense coming from a scum instead of a VI town, instead of just, I donno, doing whatever it is you're doing.

Anyone puts themself at risk by trying to prevent a lynch. This is not a towntell. As I recall, a number of people (myself included) said "well let's let Yos talk for a bit now" when you replaced in. You weren't really in danger of being lynched over Ethos.

I was at, what, lynch -2 when I replaced in? Something like that? I don't know about you, but I certanly thought I was in danger.

You're a good enough player to know that you could argue your way out of the you vs. Ethos situation. He was acting crazy scummy.

Ethos was never acting scummy. The whole case against Ethos was always crap. It was just Ythan tearing him apart with a bunch of witty one-liners that didn't actually have any real substance or meaning to them.

Your defense is that you're not mafia because you were defending the seemingly-inevitable lynch of someone you would have known to not be mafia (giving you the opportunity to turn a wagon onto the person leading that wagon)? Seriously?

You know, I don't think I need a defense until someone actually tries to make a case against me.

Ethos was not going to get lynched today, even if he didn't claim mason; I was not going to let that happen, and neither were a number of other reasonable people. When we got close to deadline and the Ethos lynch didn't happen, and I was the only wagon left, what do you think was going to happen? Sheesh.

In any case, I always go with town reads and defend people who seem townish against bad wagons. It's a pro-town thing to do, and you acting like me correctly defending town is somehow scummy is just absurd.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

Never said they were masons or scum.

One of the two scummiest players defending the other is a scum tell.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Ythan »

Pretty much just qq and pay attention to the slot next time you offer to replace into a game next time.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ythan wrote:Never said they were masons or scum.

One of the two scummiest players defending the other is a scum tell.

Ethos was never "one of the scummiest players" by any stretch of the imagination. He made a rational argument about Overlord being town, and you jumped all over him for it for no good reason, and almost managed to get him mislynched over it. Para did some weird moves, but he wasn't scum either.

You have this whole crazy circular argument going here. Para and Ethos were scummy. Why were they scummy? because they were defending each other. Why is it scummy that they were defending each other? Because they were scummy.

Anyway, your whole house of bullshit collapsed now that Ethos is confirmed town, so why are you still voting me?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ythan wrote:Pretty much just qq and pay attention to the slot next time you offer to replace into a game next time.

Heh. Pisses you off when you almost manage to get some newb town mislynched and then a competent player replaces into that slot, huh?
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Ethos »

Although I agree that Ythan has tunneled excessively, provided no reasoning behind his shit as fuck reads and continual refrain from admitting he was wrong I don't read him as scum Yos. Perhaps read his playstyle in Hard Boiled mafia and you'll notice a massive similarity between this and that game. Furthermore I don't believe he would continue attempting to push our lynch had be been mafia he would know that doing so would damage his image. His play resembles egotistical, awful town rather than anything else. I'm not understanding the shift towards Yos again at all, as stated the only reasoning put forward behind his lynch is that Para's play was flailing however looking back at it it screams frustrated town rather than anything else.

In summary, Yos vs Ythan is town on town and they both need to step back and realize that. Instead they should be focusing their time noticing the blatant contradictions and opportunistic play that Untrod has shown recently. He attempts to attack Yos for a minor misrep while completely ignoring the misreps that were presented in the case against me and pointed out multiple times, in particular those done by Kanye.

Regfan.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Then why aren't you voting for me or any of your other scum reads?
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Ethos »

I am. I'm voting for Empking my strongest scum-read.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Your strongest scum read and vote is for Empking but you're telling people to focus on me? Do you realize how little sense that makes?
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Ethos »

Never have I stated that I would like players to soley focus on you, just that they should take note of your recent actions. Had you read my previous posts I have mentioned multiple, multiple, multiple times that I want to hear everyones opinion and thoughts on Empking along with reasoning.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Ethos wrote:Never have I stated that I would like players to soley focus on you, just that they should take note of your recent actions.

Yeah, I never said that either. Let me just put the relevant quotes up...
Ethos wrote:Instead they should be focusing their time noticing the blatant contradictions and opportunistic play that Untrod has shown recently.
Untrod Tripod wrote:Your strongest scum read and vote is for Empking but you're telling people to focus on me?
I used the exact same word you used...
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Focus on NOTICING your play.

Yes Ethos I notice his play.

You're doing exactly what he's accusing you of to his face. Amazing balls.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Ethos »

I fail to see what you're attempting to portray here. What about the follow can you not understand:

1. I' stated I suspect you Kanye and Empking.
2. I have my vote on Empking my largest suspect.
3. I've asked people to state their opinions on Empking.
4. I ask people to spend time to notice your contradictions and opportunistic play.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Focus on noticing?

Wooooo
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Chair
Chair
Goon
Chair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Chair »

I’m back from out of town. Honestly though, I haven’t read through the thread carefully yet.

Implosion however has provided a list for me to post:
Town reads: dram, ethos, hiraki, oversoul, t-bone, yos2, ythan, îdher, knight

He also comments that this game is a game where he’s better at finding strong town reads than scum reads.
And that Spyrex lynch is not necessary today.

We do agree with Ethos that UT has been even scummier. I also want to note how he’s been on both the Para/Yos wagon and the Ethos wagon, seemingly always jumping on a bandwagon.

Vote Untrod Tripod

We are okay with a Quilford/Emp lynch, although honestly, neither of us get a strong scum read from them.

-Misder
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by Ythan »

A post.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

Hold up.

I'm not a town read in your... 8? town reads (and kudos on two masons being 1/2 with DRAM being #1 but T-Bone the towniest out of them stuffed in the middle) but.... I'm not a "necessary" lynch today?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 am

Post by T-Bone »

I feel like we're missing a bunch of players recently. Mod, some prods maybe?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Empking »

Chair: Actually, why were the masons split up?

Ythan: Did you change your avatar?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”