DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Because she's a likely nightkill target and if the day ends before she says anything and she dies I'll be more than a little irritated.
Yeah it isn't likely that 3 people will vote and hammer AV before I notice if I vote AV. But if it does happen and I'm on the wagon I'm just as responsible as those other guys for ending the day earlier than I want to.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Maybe you should nuke him tomorrow, Vi
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Revenge of Wei
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Revenge of Wei »

Gammagooey 1025 wrote:Because
[someone who hasn't posted D2 is]
a likely nightkill target
ok
We're back, and this time, it will be US who will conquer YOU!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Equinox »

(Equinox)

Vi wrote:Swift Justice dropped right off the radar; everything else is about the same as it was before.

y halo thar

Internet Stranger ignores my 1:1 nuke trade proposal with
Vi
Revenge of Wei and instead states he'll nuke them himself. Yeah, cool. I totally get it. Yep.

The Battle of the Walls between AurorusVox and MagnaofIllusion makes me want to poke my eyes out and give up on Mafia forever. I'm getting the feeling that AurorusVox is pulling MagnaofIllusion into this word war from this exchange:

AurorusVox wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:Also I notice you really wanted my answers to (3a) and (3b) but you have no comment to make back about them. If you were town you'd be ready to engage with what I said there, but you obviously don't care about real analysis since you know who the scum are already (your buddies).

Rhetoric. I saw your responses and don’t feel they warranted further discussion. Pro-Tip: everything you say isn’t worth re-hashing constantly.

But they were direct negations of your previous points. I'd have liked to see what you made of the points - do you just accept that they're right, then?

Admittedly, I've been skimming the walls rather than doing any deeper reading of them. I'll probably have to read them a lot more closely than I have been doing, but I'm a lazy prick and all I really want to do is get a trigger pulled as soon as possible. Yes, really.

I think I just talked myself into reading AurorusVox-MagnaofIllusion. Sigh. Later, dammit. I have to read HezLucky, too, blarghfhmjgfk.

If we were to go for concrete reads and whatnot, MagnaofIllusion is being a seesaw, but I'm leaning town on him. The above and similar comments from AurorusVox makes me think he should be swinging or glowing, but I'd like to defer a read until I finish reading these walls properly and possibly get a metagame of AurorusVox getting into a wall battle like this.

Gammagooey waiting for his top town reads to give input on the happenings of the thread makes sense on a surface level, but I have a concern that he's stalling given how long Mina has been away and the number of stuff on which she would need to catch up. Stalling for what, I don't even know, since he's been screaming since dawn that he'd vote AurorusVox if he weren't waiting for Mina on a horse or something.

Though now that Gammagooey has gone with "Well, what if Mina has a result or something and we let her die," we might as well wait. :|

danakillsu is probably town, but I wanted to stab his eyes out when he went on his "I hope people listen to me!" jingle when he's been barely visible. Yes, danakillsu, I just called you "barely visible" because that's what you bloody are. Yell louder if you want people to listen to you.

ToastyToast's post 993 gives me the twitches.

gorilla wrote:I don't really care if I end up getting nuked tomorrow, though, since I'm kind of useless.

gorilla wrote:That was sort of why I said I'm useless - this is a ~soft claim~

Wait, what?

Last I checked, we were running on a draft system. If you're "kind of useless," that would mean you purposefully chose a "kind of useless" role, and you're now using this role you've chosen with which to play martyr.

I am having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around this idea.

Magister Ludi wrote:Swamped by graduation and other such things.

Congratulations!

Magister Ludi wrote:Saw one question aimed at me. MoI, yes.

Magister Ludi, no.

tl;dr - Useless catch-up wall with some opinions of little worth. I don't care. Now to read more so that I may produce even more of these things for your reading pleasure.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

DAMMIT, I WAS GOING FOR A RECORD OF NEVER POSTING ON THE WRONG ACCOUNT.

Spoiler: The Entirety of Post 1028
(Equinox)

Vi wrote:Swift Justice dropped right off the radar; everything else is about the same as it was before.

y halo thar

Internet Stranger ignores my 1:1 nuke trade proposal with
Vi
Revenge of Wei and instead states he'll nuke them himself. Yeah, cool. I totally get it. Yep.

The Battle of the Walls between AurorusVox and MagnaofIllusion makes me want to poke my eyes out and give up on Mafia forever. I'm getting the feeling that AurorusVox is pulling MagnaofIllusion into this word war from this exchange:

AurorusVox wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:Also I notice you really wanted my answers to (3a) and (3b) but you have no comment to make back about them. If you were town you'd be ready to engage with what I said there, but you obviously don't care about real analysis since you know who the scum are already (your buddies).

Rhetoric. I saw your responses and don’t feel they warranted further discussion. Pro-Tip: everything you say isn’t worth re-hashing constantly.

But they were direct negations of your previous points. I'd have liked to see what you made of the points - do you just accept that they're right, then?

Admittedly, I've been skimming the walls rather than doing any deeper reading of them. I'll probably have to read them a lot more closely than I have been doing, but I'm a lazy prick and all I really want to do is get a trigger pulled as soon as possible. Yes, really.

I think I just talked myself into reading AurorusVox-MagnaofIllusion. Sigh. Later, dammit. I have to read HezLucky, too, blarghfhmjgfk.

If we were to go for concrete reads and whatnot, MagnaofIllusion is being a seesaw, but I'm leaning town on him. The above and similar comments from AurorusVox makes me think he should be swinging or glowing, but I'd like to defer a read until I finish reading these walls properly and possibly get a metagame of AurorusVox getting into a wall battle like this.

Gammagooey waiting for his top town reads to give input on the happenings of the thread makes sense on a surface level, but I have a concern that he's stalling given how long Mina has been away and the number of stuff on which she would need to catch up. Stalling for what, I don't even know, since he's been screaming since dawn that he'd vote AurorusVox if he weren't waiting for Mina on a horse or something.

Though now that Gammagooey has gone with "Well, what if Mina has a result or something and we let her die," we might as well wait. :|

danakillsu is probably town, but I wanted to stab his eyes out when he went on his "I hope people listen to me!" jingle when he's been barely visible. Yes, danakillsu, I just called you "barely visible" because that's what you bloody are. Yell louder if you want people to listen to you.

ToastyToast's post 993 gives me the twitches.

gorilla wrote:I don't really care if I end up getting nuked tomorrow, though, since I'm kind of useless.

gorilla wrote:That was sort of why I said I'm useless - this is a ~soft claim~

Wait, what?

Last I checked, we were running on a draft system. If you're "kind of useless," that would mean you purposefully chose a "kind of useless" role, and you're now using this role you've chosen with which to play martyr.

I am having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around this idea.

Magister Ludi wrote:Swamped by graduation and other such things.

Congratulations!

Magister Ludi wrote:Saw one question aimed at me. MoI, yes.

Magister Ludi, no.

tl;dr - Useless catch-up wall with some opinions of little worth. I don't care. Now to read more so that I may produce even more of these things for your reading pleasure.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Equinox, your new avatar dissapoints me.

Also, I'm REALLY nervous about the speed at which the AV wagon rose + the stagnation it has now found.

Can we lynch Gorilla instead?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Equinox, your new avatar dissapoints me.

Don't worry yerself over it too much. I reckon it'll grow on ya real soon.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Also, I'm REALLY nervous about the speed at which the AV wagon rose + the stagnation it has now found.

Let's discuss this, then. As I recall, people were pushing AurorusVox in DEFCON 3, but the RedCoyote wagon eventually won out, and he's flipped town. Do you think this wagoning activity yesterday is linked to today's? If yes, who do you think is responsible for it?
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

AurorusVox wrote:Socio as SK makes sense, as I said earlier he wasn't posting like his town or mafia self as I've far as I've seen in DEFCON games before, and SK is the one role that's neither mafia nor town.

:what:

Oh, hey, that'd actually make a really cool emoticon, wouldn't it?

Anyway, quick speedy through AurorusVox's posts shows that he called SocioPath scummy in DEFCON 3 for not reading the thread "for the same reasons as RedCoyote", continued calling him scummy at the start of DEFCON 2, and then decided he was the serial killer? (On the other hand, this post makes it look like AurorusVox suspected SocioPath of being the terrorist this whole time, so some clarification in this arena would be nice.)

The text emoticon still applies, though.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

rofl @ MAgna

learn to read french scumbag.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:03 pm

I hope you're ready for the headlines tommorrow Magna,

"Paris nuked by American Superhero, White Flags raised too late!"
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:10 pm

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I hope you're ready for the headlines tommorrow Magna,

I actually don't think you'll hit much of anything in Paris.

They have extensive experience in running away.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I hope you're ready for the headlines tommorrow Magna,

So in summary ...

You refuse to actually respond to direct questions with anything but pointless fluff.

You seem to think your 'threats' carry weight.

Yeah, if you are Town the game of Mafia has left you way behind.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:21 pm

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

So in summary ...

You refuse to actually respond to direct questions with anything but pointless fluff.

You seem to think your 'threats' carry weight.

Yeah, if you are Town the game of Mafia has left you way behind.

-twitch-

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

-twitch-

- Boggle -
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Oh, I know what was bothering me.

MoI, why are you discrediting his playstyle, when he is clearly providing reads and potentially doing more? He does a LOT more than people like CES/Jack?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Wow I am going to be so happy when the NUKES START FLYING ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Who else is excited?

I hope to god you aren't all idiots and create a town holocaust though.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:00 pm

nice defense of me hot babe. I will make a superheroine out of you yet.

Your pointless babble is ridiculous MoI.

I'd Wall of Text refute your absurd points, but it's a waste of time for me cuz I'm already going to nuke your euro scumbutt a mile high tommorrow anyway. Plus true American heroes don't write long walls of text that noone reads.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Magua »

Hez is town.

Toasty is town.

Toogeloo is probtown.

Gorilla is either getting massively railroaded as town, or massively bussed as scum. Regardless, there are scum in the people who are voting him: Lady Lambdadelta, Toogeloo, Magister Ludi, Regfan, MagnaofIllusion

AurorusVox is still scum, and still needs to die.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm going to explain very clearly to you why I am going to nuke you tommorrow.

This is your opening statement to me:

MoI wrote:
Pooky wrote:yo dana

u trying to protect your boy AV?

Was it common in 2003 for scum to stupidly stick their neck out when their partners were 95% assured to be the lynch for the day and say “Hey, they aren’t scum”?

At no point does Dana say that AV is not scum. The CLOSEST he ever gets to saying AV is not scum is when he says in his 15th Post that he DOES NOT HAVE A SCUMREAD ON AV. This is in NO WAY SAYING AV IS NOT SCUM.

The point that I made as regards to Dana is that he is not committing to AV either way, he won't say if he thinks AV is scum or not scum and I questioned whether he was trying to protect his buddy by pushing another wagon.

Now somehow you've conjured up this fantasy situation where Dana has said "AV is not scum" when he has not made any such statement or backed it up with any logic or read and then sent me a snarky sarcastic post about how people played in 2003..

I will repeat this in all caps: DANA DID NOT STICK HIS NECK OUT AND DEFEND AV AT THAT TIME WITH A REASONED DETAILED DEFENSE OR EVEN A POST THAT SAYS "I THINK AV IS INNOCENT". YOU ARE MAKING UP A COMPLETE FANTASY SCENARIO AND THIS IMPLIES YOU ARE NOT REALLY READING/PAYING ATTENTION TO THE THREAD AND HAVE DECIDED TO RANDOMLY HURL REFUSE AT US IN THE HOPE THAT WE DO NOT SEE YOU ARE A LYING FRENCH SCUMBAG.

Let me tell you something, we didn't make stuff up back then.

You then proceed to projectile vomit a bunch of other questions at me like

What do i think of blah blah and blah
and Why am I posting not in an American accent.

ARE YOU !@#$ING SERIOUS? I'm not writing an essay on every person you happen to want to know about when it doesn't even matter. If every person in this game wrote a summary of every other person in this game, what do you think would happen? NONE OF IT WOULD GET READ AND THE GAME WOULD BE BORING AS HELL. The whole point of Mafia is to focus and force discussion on RELEVANT points.

The only thing you've show me is that you're able to hurl a bunch of absurd questions at me to distract from the fact that your initial attack on my questioning of Dana is flimsy and made of Euroscum lies.

In short. You are full of crap. You are likely french. You will be nuked tommorrow by my shiny missile as it flies out of my silo. Have a nice night in Paris the city of love cuz tommorrow it's going to turn into the city of radioactive mushroom clouds.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Magua wrote:Hez is town.

Toasty is town.

Toogeloo is probtown.

Gorilla is either getting massively railroaded as town, or massively bussed as scum. Regardless, there are scum in the people who are voting him: Lady Lambdadelta, Toogeloo, Magister Ludi, Regfan, MagnaofIllusion

AurorusVox is still scum, and still needs to die.

Magua, did you even give consideration to the Gorilla!SK idea? Or are you totally ignoring that on purpose?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

PookyTheMagicalBear brings up a point I'm interested in. danakillsu did, in fact, call AurorusVox town outright; I'll let the teddy bear search for that post himself. However, what I'm interested in is why danakillsu hasn't tried to push this point further given the swollen AurorusVox wagon right now, and danakillsu hasn't given any indication that he's recanted his strong town read of AurorusVox. Do you still think AurorusVox is town, danakillsu?
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Okay, I found it. MoI, this is all you should need to lynch HezLucky, plain and simple:

danakillsu wrote:
HezLucky wrote:nor does this apply if I flip scum

Uhh...why include this if you're town?

danakillsu wrote:Okay, fun. Vi and Hez apparently have no intention of responding to me.

NEXT HEZ POST:
HezLucky wrote:I am not scum.

That is all.

I don't think that really matters at this point anymore though.

Look at this! This is not remotely acceptable, and it would have gotten anyone else lynched in a heartbeat. It is blatantly ignoring my question on top of completely scum-slipping.

IS THIS SHOUTING LOUD ENOUGH, EVERYONE??? HEZLUCKY IS SCUM, SCUM, SCUM!
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by danakillsu »

@ Swift Justice
AV right now is one of those players I just can't be sure about. You can look at my other games if you want to find that I'm not lying when I say I'm not shy about giving townreads. But I'm going to have to say that he's not exactly a townread of mine anymore. He hasn't said anything REALLY scummy imo, and his voting pattern has honestly been quite admirable. But his attitude is not very pro-town. If he's scum, he's bussing scum, I'm almost certain. That's the reason I haven't been saying much about him. If people aren't going to lynch HezLucky, AurorusVox isn't the worst alternative they could choose.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

*scratches head*
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by HezLucky »

danakillsu wrote:
IS THIS SHOUTING LOUD ENOUGH, EVERYONE??? HEZLUCKY IS SCUM, SCUM, SCUM!

Can you please link me to a game where you've been right about anything?

I'm completely serious.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”