Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Ethos »

This is a blatant prod-dodge, my statistics final is in three hours and my law final is in twenty four hours. I'll devote the needed time to this game when those end.

Regfan.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 am

Post by saporovirus »

Unvote
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by saporovirus »

Swag136 wrote:Para, you've made a lot of unbiased posts, and not very smart moves. You're trying to cover yourself up too hard. Obvious scum is obvious. VOTE: Parabollocks

What does "unbiased posts" mean?
but I love you still

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Ythan wrote:Did you not read further than that?

Is there a reason you're making me play guessing games, and are so reluctant to actually explain the reason for your vote?

If you have an actual case on me, make it. If you don't, go find scum.

I have been poking holes in his play. This is clear. You replaced into a horrible slot and are doing the best you can with a bad situation.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Chair wrote:In response to Spyrex 420:

You talking about generic hatred towards hydras (which is apparently being instigated by this account's lack of posting) seems odd when Ethos has been one of the biggest posters and Îdher had 30 or so shorter posts.

Also, a clarification: would us moving up your scumlist if Yos/Ethos were both to be declared town be due to them being town, or just because we're your next biggest scumread?

As for the voting block, me only being averse to the town reads that I disagree with is to an extent a fair point. I dislike your calling my reaction to the voting block "itchy feet," and even more than that "tentative prodding." I'm not being tentative at all; I explained in detail what's wrong with the block.

I'll look at other stuff tomorrow.

-implosion

If you think that my dislike of hydras is "instigated" by your account from THIS game barring nothing else welllll.

If they are both town (they're not) then, especially with my town reads, then yes you're the "next biggest scumread" although that means a fat stack of nothing at the moment.

You aren't voting for anyone. If it was more than itchy feet you could have easily thrown a vote out.

Yos wrote:Looking at Para's play, he made a vote on Overlord for reasons that don't make a lot of sense, he self voted, he made bad posts, he acted like an asshole. All of those things are explained by the fact he's a total VI, none of it has any obvious scum motivation.

IF that is the case, then what do you make of Ethos very clearly giving a pat on the back in a "you're not a VI" way?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Ethos »

Alright, finished one final, one more to go and I can focus on this properly. SpyreX, this is the last time I'm going to respond to this because I'm growing extremely tired of repeating myself: I noticed a similarity in TheMasks play this game to a previous scum-game of his prior to his V/LA and considered it suspect therefore I placed him on my scum list. Incase it isn't obvious my scum-list that early in the game isn't "They are mafia without a doubt in the world" but rather just players that I suspect. I haven't attempted to act offended intentionally, I was legitimatly frustrated by the constant attacks from Ythan and yourself, how you fail to see that is beyond me. Please for one second go back put yourself in our shoes and read how the attack took place, you'll realize where out frustrated stems from. You're exaggerating our intial defence of Para, I stated I had a minor town-read on Para due to that post not that I strongly felt it made him town. I care not if you disagree with my Para-town read at all nor do I care if you have a particular problem with the logic behind the reasoning for it but the fact that you attempt to call my defence of him a scum-tell is something I can not understand. I haven't attempted to use our hydra as a defence or a shield, this point is actually fucking pissing me, both you and Kayne are attempting to push it. I haven't attempted to shift blame away due to us being a hydra but instead attempted to explain our thought process.ought processes in depth.

kanyeknowsbest wrote:im not obligated to tell you any of my reads im just going to keep them to myself so i can completely change my opinions at what appears to be the drop of the hat and when you call me at it, god, its in my hydra qt. please keep up. Fuck that. if you were town you would have no issues with being up front about your reads instead of hiding them.

This is a massive misrepresentation, I've stated all of our reads near the second that we both agree on them. This should be highly evident if you actually read our ISO however you seem content to rather ignore that and continue making piss-weak jabs at us.

Regfan.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ythan wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Ythan wrote:Did you not read further than that?

Is there a reason you're making me play guessing games, and are so reluctant to actually explain the reason for your vote?

If you have an actual case on me, make it. If you don't, go find scum.

I have been poking holes in his play. This is clear. You replaced into a horrible slot and are doing the best you can with a bad situation.

Getting tired of this "obviously my play is perfect why cant you see it my way without me having to explain it at all". If you legitimately have been poking holes in his play it shouldn't be too hard to quote a few places to answer the question.

Chair wrote:As for the voting block, me only being averse to the town reads that I disagree with is to an extent a fair point. I dislike your calling my reaction to the voting block "itchy feet," and even more than that "tentative prodding." I'm not being tentative at all; I explained in detail what's wrong with the block.

The thing is you weren't averse to only town reads you disagreed with. See your ISO #6 compared to where you called out the voting block in your subsequent ISO #7. Clearly states town read on KoC. Yet you mention having an issue with KoC in the voting block. Also your wording seems more out to kill the whole block on the basis of a few, rather than suggesting to limit it to lesser players.
Welcome to the Network.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Ythan »

No see it's because Yos came into an unfortunate player slot and is now continuing his predecessor's attempts to take the heat off of his scumbuddy through what meager means he has left given his own precarious position. It is sad to see Yos only enter this game in an already doomed slot. :(
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by saporovirus »

Ethos seems to leap to conclusions they don't really need to be making. I don't agree with their initial logic for town reads (oversoul is town because of HA HA IDHER WAGON, parabollocks is town because he voted for Ythan (?) then switched to someone we found scummy (Kanye) with no other reason than "THIS IS MY REAL READ) at all and I think they tend to leap to conclusions. However, I can buy their claim that they make absolute statements based upon faint suspicions and that they aren't explaining their thought process to us completely, but that there is a genuine thought process going on. Furthermore, I think they have made an adequate attempt to explain the seeming inconsistencies in their logic. Though I still feel like they make a lot of statements that seem just plain wrong, their behavior just does not seem scummy to me. They do not seem to be flailing at the attacks against them, just responding in a frustrated manner to an antagonistic (yet townie town town) Ythan.

Yosarian also steps up the game quite a bit from where parabollocks left off.

I'm going to take a look at Kanye in a bit.
but I love you still

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yes, Ythan, I'm replacing into a "horrible slot". The thing is, it's a horrible town slot.

Really running out of patience with you here. You haven't justified your terribly overblown attacks on Ethos, you haven't justified your attacks on me, you refuse to explain yourself at all, and your only thought seems to be "Yos and Ethos are scum because I say they are scum and because Yos is defending Ethos."

Again, your whole case against Ethos was that he thought that one post of Overlord's was a town tell, and your whole case against Para was that he thought that same post of Overlords was a scum tell. That's it. If anything, I would tend to agree with Ethos here, but either way, that's a really weak thing to base all the scumhunting you've done all game on.

In fact, weren't you the one who said that this kind of behavior is a scumtell?

Ythan wrote:You picked one specific player to apply one very specific opinion to to the exclusion of all the intelligent things you could have contributed.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Ythan »

I don't see what about my attack you consider overblown. If you could actually pick something out then you wouldn't be having this problem.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yos:

IF that is the case, then what do you make of Ethos very clearly giving a pat on the back in a "you're not a VI" way?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Chair
Chair
Goon
Chair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Chair »

I'm waiting to discuss some stuff with Misder at this point. He doesn't agree with me on spyrex, hence the lack of a vote on spyrex.

kunk wrote:The thing is you weren't averse to only town reads you disagreed with. See your ISO #6 compared to where you called out the voting block in your subsequent ISO #7. Clearly states town read on KoC. Yet you mention having an issue with KoC in the voting block. Also your wording seems more out to kill the whole block on the basis of a few, rather than suggesting to limit it to lesser players.

Hence me saying that it was a good point "to an extent." The reason that I had an issue with KoC on a voting block was the apparent strength of spyrex's read on him. The people that I took no issue with were people for whom i can understand having a ridiculously strong townread.

-implosion
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Blatant prod dodge.

Intend on rereading kanye, kunkstar and KoC tonight
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SpyreX wrote:Yos:

Still not sure what you mean, Spyrex. What post of Ethos are you talking about?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

Yosarian2 wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Yos:

Still not sure what you mean, Spyrex. What post of Ethos are you talking about?

The one after Para lost it and called everyone dense.

I'll try to find it for you...

Ethos wrote:Hey bud, Unvote first. Also don't leave the site you're a good player, probably right and town, which is why the bandwagon is on you.

If you think about Ethos's actions as scummy McScummerson then you can "create" a plausible reason why he is defending Para. He "claims" to not want to end the day phase in 3 days because it won't actually be good for the town since it will end with a town lynch and he also tries to comfort his "scumbuddy" telling him to stay and play since he has hopefully ended the early lynch wagon with his earlier plea.

I can see the scumminess of his actions, but why would he support my position as town, going as far to get into a pissing contest? Because it is clearly obvious that I am town and anyone refuting that would look scummy? :\ I still find it hard to believe that Ethos is scum.

Spyrex says one or the other is scum (Ethos/Para), but Ythan claims that they are both scum and yet he doesn't specify which one would be a better candidate.

I also think that Ythan has more information than just reads...

Spryex, you honestly have me stumped, buddy. I am going to try and ISO your posts later. That is, if I learn how to ISO posts. Is there any specific forum function I should use to make my job easier?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Ythan »

Oversoul wrote:I also think that Ythan has more information than just reads...

This is a weird thing to say considering we know all the roles that can appear in this game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ythan wrote:

This is a weird thing to say considering we know all the roles that can appear in this game.

Ya, but we don't know who has what, Benedict.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Ythan »

Oversoul wrote:
Ythan wrote:

Except none of the roles present in the game could inform my suspicion, genius.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Chair (1): T-Bone
Yosarian2 (4):
Quilford
, Swag136, Knight of Cydonia, Ythan
Hiraki (1): dramonic
Îdher (1): Oversoul
kanyeknowsbest (1): Ethos
Ethos (4): kanyeknowsbest, Untrod Tripod, Hiraki, SpyreX
Quilford
(2): Îdher, Yosarian2
saporovirus (1): kunkstar7

Not voting: Chair, saporovirus

Deadline is in (expired on 2011-06-27 21:00:00).
With
alive, it takes
votes to lynch!
dramonic is V/LA until June 22nd.
Searching for a replacement for Quilford.
Prodding Swag136 (strike two) and T-Bone.
green shirt thursdays
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Ythan »

It's 4-4 but if I do this
unvote vote ethos

then ethos has five!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Empking replaces Quilford.
green shirt thursdays
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Ythan »

The replacements in this game!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ythan wrote:
Oversoul wrote:
Ythan wrote:

Except none of the roles present in the game could inform my suspicion, genius.

You sure? ;)

Not all roles need day/night actions to give information.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Empking »

Seriously the two slots I was planning on sheeping are apparently the two scummiest in the game?

Reading now.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”