Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Magua wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:@Magua- Before I answer that, I'm curious as to why your so insistent on it.

My insistence on getting an answer is directly related to your insistence on you not giving me an answer.

Well, as I said to Green, he's a null alignment wise.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@Battle- I'll be happy to read any links to recent (past 2 months) normal type games where scum bussed on purpose, esp. day 1.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Battle Mage wrote:I feel i've been doing pretty well here so far, so i'm not particularly sympathetic to a self diagnosed "meh vote" that is entirely based on my personality...
I think that this is fair and I will summarize my cause for your continued vote within the next day or so depending upon how my weekend goes.

---

Medicated Lain wrote:More on green crayons: Everything about the situation with Magua sits so wrong with me. If Magua hadn't of been referencing an old game, would it really make sense to pull someone with a day kill ability out on day one? They're obviously not scum, because giving scum a day kill ability in this game.. I just don't see that happening. Does it make sense to direct someone with a day kill on day one? I'm thinking about an argument that came up in the other game I'm playing now, about how day one is the worse day for the town. We're in day one, there was no night one first, which means the only people that have information on other people in the game are the mafia, and I guess if there's a mason group... but the only one we can be certain on, is the mafia. That means they hold a higher amount of information than everyone else, and thus have a higher ability of manipulating the town. So why is it, that it makes sense for you to direct someone who you think is a day killer to make an extra kill on the day that we are most blind in our abilities to judge the information we see?

All this being said, the only person you've voted for this whole game is Magua himself, yet you throw questions and comments in every direction. You talk about other players pretending to contribute, while not actually. But I think you are more guilty of this than any others here.

- No it wouldn't make sense to put a day kill ability out on D1, that's why I first asked if he was serious because it was a stupid thing to claim/hint at/breadcrumb.

- Yes it would make much more sense for a day kill to be a town ability in the abstract, and it would make much more sense to be a town ability in this specific situation because Magua was seeming to breadcrumb the ability. Although possible a scum with a day kill ability might breadcrumb, that seems like a strange risk of attention to make early on in the game and doesn't fit. Regardless, I never suggested that his ability was linked to any alignment.

- I was wanting clarification because if he had a day kill ability and was breadcrumbing it, he was doing it poorly and was painted a target on his back -- and, as such, we might as well benefit from his ability (if he had it) prior to his death. I in fact explained all this in Post 37, which was in response to your first round of questioning my Magua interaction.

- I wanted him to use his ability prior to the scum killing him (also explained in Post 37). Any time that the town can skip the night phase is a benefit to the town. It doesn't matter if that night skip is on D1 or D4 -- although there are varying degrees of helpfulness, depending upon the individual circumstances (usually the day of the day kill). Your post boils down to D1 being least effective for a town day kill because of the knowledge disparity. That's true, but the fact of the matter is, is that we are going to lynch someone today regardless of any player's abilities. If we can effectively "lynch" this most suspected player already slotted for D1 lynching (via day kill ability) and skip the night phase to go into (what is effectively) day two, that is a good thing. While it would be better to hold this ability off, the player with the day kill ability basically asks to be nightkilled upon revealing this ability because the longer the wait the more powerful the ability becomes (and thus more dangerous to scum). Therefore, IF Magua had the ability it appeared to me he said that he did, at the time he had revealed it, it was the best strategic move to day kill the preferred lynch option for D1, effectively skip N1, and move on to our next suspect in the extended D1 (which would now be acting akin to a D2). Otherwise, the likelihood of Magua being killed because of his ability was real, if not readily calculable. I felt like it was best to definitely use the ability when it was helpful instead of maybe using the ability when it was more helpful.

- I've voted for Magua and Battle Mage. I've pointed out to you that I've voted Battle Mage. I've explained to you why I did, have been, and still am voting for Battle Mage. Battle Mage is actually complaining that I'm still voting for him. Stop saying I've only voted for Magua.

- "You talk about other players pretending to contribute, while not actually. But I think you are more guilty of this than any others here." Misleading and unsupported. Misleading because I've "talked" only about Yos providing fluff and later trying to prop it up as something more. That's a singular other player, not "players." A minor but important distinction because your comment alone may lead the uncritical reader to believe that it is this accusation that I have flippantly thrown around against several others. This is not the case. Unsupported because your statement that I am "more guilty of this" is only a conclusion. There is no supporting reasoning or rationale. As such it is not something to which I can respond. Well, I can respond with my own conclusion: nope, that is not true. Yay, conclusion-battle!

---

I figure I should throw out how I'm feeling. If it isn't helpful, at least it's notice that at least I'm reaping benefit from my play style:
- I am most comfortable with not lynching Pine or Trip.
- I am comfortable with not lynching camn, Magua, or Lain.
- I have no idea about MehPlus because he's lurking and I would love a replacement for his slack ass.
- I am middle of the road for Pere, bvoigt, and Incog. Other players have made points I caught in various read-throughs that were good but which I did not follow up on. So I may be persuaded upon further review.
- I am comfortable with a Yos, Haylen, or Battle Mage lynch. I don't think that there is any current order of preference, but I think that my position is more developed for some more than others. If need be I can either point to where I have voiced my suspicions (Yos, obviously; Haylen to a lesser extent of obviousness) or do so for the first time if I have not made myself clear (BM, coming up over the weekend; Incog, I don't think I have voiced to any real degree). As an aside, I think the Incog-suspicion is the most out of the four where my personal suspicion is just a mere nugget that has been cultivated by others' observations and criticisms.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Correction note for that post above:

I moved Incog from the "comfortable" to "middle of the road" category right before I posted. That's why he's mentioned in the "comfortable" category's explanation text but actually listed in the "middle of the road" group. I realized that my suspicions for him were mostly from my own initial anxiety regarding being absolute shit at reading him, which was exacerbated by other player's suspicions throughout the game. I didn't think that this was sufficient for me to be "comfortable" with a lynch, so thus the move. It's late and I'm tired and I therefore didn't correct the explanation text.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:44 am

Post by InflatablePie »

VC #5 - The Ashes and Dust Votecount

PeregrineV (2): Magua, bvoigt
Haylen (1): Incognito
Pine (1): camn
Incognito (1): TripMyWire
camn (1): Pine
Battle Mage (1): Green Crayons
TripMyWire (1): Yosarian2
Green Crayons (1): Medicated Lain

Not Voting (3): MehPlusRawr, Haylen, PeregrineV, Battle Mage

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch or 7 to No Lynch.
Deadline is at 10 AM Eastern on July 1st.
Please notify me of any votecount mistakes.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Magua »

PeregrineV wrote:Well, as I said to Green, [Pine]'s a null alignment wise.

PeregrineV wrote:As for scumreads...let's say Magua, Pine and MehPlusRawr for now.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:20 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Trip wrote:Well, I was still going on my random vote and since you're now my #1 suspect why wouldn't I vote you? A quick review reveals it became the only vote on you at the time so it's not like it was too threatening. You seriously voted me for just being online when the PMs sent out, and you rolled dice for another vote... I don't see it being all that radical by comparison.

He's trying to downplay the importance of his vote. He's doing everything he can to imply that his vote on Incog is meaningless and shouldn't be worried about. That's not what you do when you actually think that you're voting for a scum; you try to pressure them, you try to get other people to agree with you. It looks like what Trip wants here is for everyone to just forget about his vote and ignore him.

I'm not trying to downplay it at all. Incognito said he was surprised by my vote and I was pointing out how it compares to his votes... kinda saying the pot calling the kettle black or whatever. Oh, and it did bring attention to him... BM even voted for him. If you believe that I'm scum trying to stick a vote on someone hoping that everyone will forget about it, why would I put it on someone without any votes already on them and try to make a whole new case for them? Wouldn't that bring about MORE attention than if I were to put it on one of the bandwagons going on at the time? Much easier for a vote to get lost among others that way.

Check out what Peregrine says in post #178...
Sure. I generally leave my vote where it is until I re-vote someone else, or until someone gets close to lynching. Then I re-examine if I want to keep my vote there.
now that looks to me like what you might be attacking me for. Sounds like a good technique for scum... especially one who just leaves their vote on someone, tries not to bring attention to it, and then can just use "that's how I roll" as an explanation in case they get questioned about it. So his vote was on Haylen and it was up to 3 votes at the time, as you yourself pointed out... now that sounds like a good technique for scum. How come you don't attack him for it?

Yosarian2 wrote:Trip's comment was terrible because throwing out stuff to see if something happens and to try and get the game moving is what a townie should be doing at the start of day 1

Yes, but content and technique matter. I believe the stuff he was throwing out, and the way he was doing it, was scummy. I explained it all in my voting post, and I know you don't agree with it, and I wish I could find some more evidence to convince you but he has somewhat disappeared.

camn wrote:Does that make sense?

Yeah, I was just dumb for bringing it up. I didn't find you scummy at all, and for argument's sake against meta I tried to find reasons how your actions could be scummy etc. and it just kinda backfired on me. Like I said in a previous post, I'm also very much against meta arguments.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:04 am

Post by camn »

Can you explain it to Medicated Lain?

I Kid. I kid!

Anyway.. I am moving apartments this weekend.. excuse my brevity!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

PeregrineV wrote:@Battle- I'll be happy to read any links to recent (past 2 months) normal type games where scum bussed on purpose, esp. day 1.

You'll be happy to take my word for it. Not only is it facecious to ask me to cite games from the past 2 months when this is my first game back after a year's absence, but i hate to burst your bubble; this is a mini theme game. OOPS! :roll:

I dont see why the timeframe is of any relevance, the logic/psychology of bussing remains the same. Perhaps once you've played/read a few more games, you can come back to me and apologise for questionning the incredibly obvious.

Unvote, Vote: Peregrine

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Incognito »

Prod avoidance post.

Will catch up tomorrow.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by camn »

Holy shit.

UNVOTE
VOTE PERGRINE.

this is serious.
Incog, Hayl. Kill this fool.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote

i've calmed down a bit but not really feelin it atm. will review in the morning.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by camn »

Get the fuck back on.

This wagon is going all the way.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by camn »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=17529
exhibit A.

Peregrine: Explain yourself.
Are you really saying scum dont bus day 1?
WHat ARE you saying?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Haha, i suppose he's toast then. I unvoted because whilst my typically calm persona slipped after his snide remark and i was in disbelief at his ignorance, along with other factors which have already been done to death. I'm not going to read the game u cited Camn, but im assuming it shows him bussing? Happy to lynch Peregrine today, but we have plenty of time and other business to discuss first.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:59 am

Post by camn »

just read my 1st few posts... then read the flips.

in his defense.. he replaced in.. but it was a tour de force in bussing.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Haylen »

With regards to Peregrin, I actually doubt scum would try to pull off that level of a lie with players whom have been around on site as we have. I would like Peregrin to do some homework and review every game on this site :D In one of my most recent games, I bussed my scumbuddy on Day One and went on to win, because people didn't think it would happen. I think Peregrin is just misguided information and I would love to know who his IC was.

camn wrote:Whoa.. Yos-lynch Day 1?
I don't know if I can cope with that.
It's like trying to kill God or the Devil or something to me. I gotta work up my courage.

Not a good enough reason. If you find someone scummy, they should be lynched regardless of who they are.

I would be interested in knowing why Crayons would not mind a hayl lynch - I might have missed it in the walls if it's already been said.

@ ML - You think I don't know my play is inefficient? <_<

More tomorrow. Did I forget to mention I'm V/LA at weekends?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Prodding MPR.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by camn »

EXPLAIN YOURSELF PAREGRN!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

TripMyWire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Trip wrote:Well, I was still going on my random vote and since you're now my #1 suspect why wouldn't I vote you? A quick review reveals it became the only vote on you at the time so it's not like it was too threatening. You seriously voted me for just being online when the PMs sent out, and you rolled dice for another vote... I don't see it being all that radical by comparison.

He's trying to downplay the importance of his vote. He's doing everything he can to imply that his vote on Incog is meaningless and shouldn't be worried about. That's not what you do when you actually think that you're voting for a scum; you try to pressure them, you try to get other people to agree with you. It looks like what Trip wants here is for everyone to just forget about his vote and ignore him.

I'm not trying to downplay it at all. Incognito said he was surprised by my vote and I was pointing out how it compares to his votes... kinda saying the pot calling the kettle black or whatever. Oh, and it did bring attention to him... BM even voted for him. If you believe that I'm scum trying to stick a vote on someone hoping that everyone will forget about it, why would I put it on someone without any votes already on them and try to make a whole new case for them? Wouldn't that bring about MORE attention than if I were to put it on one of the bandwagons going on at the time? Much easier for a vote to get lost among others that way.

You first gave an excuse for your vote. ("Well, I was still going on my random vote and since you're now my #1 suspect why wouldn't I vote you?"). Then, you told him that your vote on him was not a threat to him. ("A quick review reveals it became the only vote on you at the time so it's not like it was too threatening.") You compared it to Incog's vote at the very start of day 1, and then to the vote where he rolled dice. ("You seriously voted me for just being online when the PMs sent out, and you rolled dice for another vote...") Finally, you said your vote wasn't "all that radical".

If you actually thought you were voting for scum, or if you were voting for pressure and trying to get a read on Incog's alignment, you wouldn't be making excuses for your vote, you wouldn't be trying to reduce the pressure on Incog by saying your vote "wasn't a threat to him", you wouldn't be comparing your vote to a start of day 1 not-quite-random vote. If you actually meant what you said, when he asked why you voted him, you would have said you were voting him because you thought he was scum, and here's why. You wouldn't feel like you needed excuses, and you would WANT him to feel threatened by your vote. You would want EVERYONE to take as much notice of your vote as you could, to get more people to comment on it. Instead, you did everything you could to make it sound like your vote was not a big deal, like your vote was only slightly better then a random vote, and like it was nonthreatening in general.

I believe the stuff he was throwing out, and the way he was doing it, was scummy. I explained it all in my voting post, and I know you don't agree with it

Why? Why are the early game attacks he made "scummy"? Isn't it better to vote for something like "was here and didn't post" rather then make a random vote? Sure, it's not a strong reason, but it's more helpful to the town to make a vote for a weak reason then to make a completly random vote, isn't it?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

So Yosarian, according to you, it isn't a reason to vote someone for being inconsistent, and placing the first vote of the game with meaning behind it, directly followed by a random decision openly declared for a second vote? I certainly find that at least a bit suspicious.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Will be posting on Tuesday.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

Magua makes a good point in #230. I'm still happy with my Peregrine vote.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Medicated Lain wrote:So Yosarian, according to you, it isn't a reason to vote someone for being inconsistent, and placing the first vote of the game with meaning behind it, directly followed by a random decision openly declared for a second vote? I certainly find that at least a bit suspicious.

Inconstancy is a town tell.

Besides that; explain to me how it's scummy, how scum would benefit from playing like that. "I've got two suspects, and I suspect them so equally I'm going to flip a coin to decide who to vote" in the early stage of the game when everyone else still has on their random votes is weird, but it doesn't seem to have any obvious scum motivation I can see.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Incognito »

I think I'm just about caught up again.

BM, if I understand your case against me, you're basically saying that my attack on Haylen looks contrived because you think Haylen hadn't put forth much in the way of content to be considered "stable" and not "all over the place." If that's the case then I disagree with you; the Haylen that I know would be doing all kinds of silly stuff on the first few pages like claiming to be an octupusduckgoosehenchicken with laser beams shooting out of its ass and NOT producing actual reads like she did in say, her post 96. That's the kind of thing I'm noticing when I say she seems stable so far.

Separate post to follow.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”