Mini 1159 - Powerrox93's Mini Normal I (Game Over)

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Jase »

Imaginality: I pretty much didn't suspect you at all until late yesterday. You did a good job with zdeneks defense, it was pretty well reasoned, and didn't look like scum defending his buddy (until the flip anyways). Well played.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

*will be polite and wait until the game's officially over*
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Pine »

^lolirony
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Never been killed on Day 1 before willingly as a VT. Rude.

Also, ALWAYS read the reads of a person who is killed Night 1 as a VT when they replace in. 99% chance of it being a threat kill.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

*Night 1

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

DemonHybrid wrote:Up to this point, my scumreads:

Jase
imaginality
Zdenek

Ending this at post #77 right now. I'm hungry and I need to eat, but this will be finished later.

DemonHybrid wrote:Well, that gives me time and a wagon to read over the next few days, unless I'm killed or something.

If I do get killed, please look at the people I singled out. Early game play tells all. Sorry I haven't caught up since I replaced in. Finals hell, modding my own game and getting ready to move out of my apartment has killed my time.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

But great game, and I can't imagine what would have happened if Pine didn't investigate imaginality. He probably would have wrecked us.

You want this one.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Firstly DemonHybrid, I haven't declared that the game is officially finished yet
:evil:
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Votecount 4.2

Updated as of post #757

imaginality(4) - Pine, Setael, Jase, tarsonisocelot

Not voting (3) - Me=Weird, imaginality, Uncle Pain

If there's a mistake let me know.
7 Alive == 4 to Lynch && 4 to No-Lynch
imaginality, a
Mafia Goon
was lynched Day 4

Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Game over,
Town wins {Jase, [L], Me=Weird, bvoigt, tarsonisocelot, DemonHybrid, Setael, Pine, mastin2, Uncle Pain}

Notes and such in a momemt
Last edited by Powerrox93 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Set-up

7 Vanilla Townies - {Jase, [L], Me=Weird, bvoigt, tarsonisocelot, DemonHybrid, Setael}
1 Cop - {Pine}
1 Bodyguard - {mastin2}
1 Deputy - {Uncle Pain}

2 Mafia Goons {C-Worl, imaginality}
1 Mafia Roleblocker {Zdenek}

Night 1

Mafia sends imaginality to kill DemonHybrid (Successful)
Zdenek roleblockes crazypianist1116 (Successful)
Redtail896 doesn't do anything
crazypianist1116 investigates C-Worl (Failed)

Night 2

Mafia sends imaginality to kill bvoigt (Successful)
Zdenek roleblockes crazypianist1116 (Successful)
crazypianist1116 investigates RangeroftheNorth (Failed)
Redtail896 fails to send in anything at all.

Night 3

mastin2 protects Pine (Successful)
Pine investigates Imaginality (Successful)
imaginality kills mastin2 (Successful)

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Jase »

I think this has been my best game ever in terms of my performance. Exciting! I'd say my biggest problem in this game is I had a very difficult time getting good strong town reads. I was super paranoid all the time about everyones motives. UP was my only really solid town read.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Pine »

"God bless Pine. My hydra head in another game was gracious enough to fall right into my WIFOM bomb. I am so going to hound him for this once the game is over."

Lol. Sorry bro, chalk up another scum loss. I was only half serious with my Jase vote after people started going 'wtf' at me. Wanted to see who'd get the most bent out of shape and who'd quietly let me go.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Time to thanks a few people

Thanks Empking for backing up the game

Thanks RichardGHP, Kitorai, bv310 and the Normal Game Review Group (In this case Hoopla, Patrick and SpyreX) for helping me with the set-up and other things

And thank you to every player who offered to replace in and to actually stay the course. You helped a sad mod in a hard time.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by imaginality »

Jase was super-town in my view, the towniest player in my eyes for most of the game - I was hoping he'd get some of that 'too townie to be town' suspicion coming his way later on if we left him alive.

DemonHybrid, yep, we killed you because of how well you were playing, especially in contrast to StefanB. It screwed up my hopes of getting StefanB mislynched, and we thought it better to NK you before you had the chance to start making cases against us rather than just reads.

Actually, the replacements in general worked out pretty well for town in this game I think. DemonHybrid on D1, and Setael and mastin2 D3, were all considerably townier than their predecessors (even aside from the lurking/flaking) and came at awkward times. Pine and bvoigt also played well.

Thanks to Powerrox93 for persevering with finding replacements. I enjoyed this game and this group of players.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

I had a hard time following the game. Partly because of IRL-things, but mostly because of the number of replacements.
But again thanks to those who replaced in and stayed the course

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

Good game, gentlemen. Sorry again about replacing out. Solid game overall.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

...no comment from anyone about the set-up?

Anyway, this set-up looks a bit swingy with the deputy. Yes I know that but it's also hard to predict the human factor. In this game the cop didn't get back any results the first two nights and the bodyguard didn't do anything during the first two nights.

Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

Whoa what, game over already?! I have to gather my thoughts…

First of all, thank you all for this game. I taught me a lot in ways I didn’t think about.

I was in fact very surprised to see that Zdenek really was scum – his play was a bit lurkish but he never managed to rub me the wrong way really. I’m sorry I gave town the wrong impression that I could be a scumbuddy. I hope I’ll get better at this. At least I managed to not get targeted by scum; although my deputy role was only a backup role, I felt that it could get important.

What I still don’t get is how scum knew so sure that crazypianist1116/Pine was the cop. Was it luck? If he did breadcrumb on Day 1, I fail(ed) to see it.
Having read the scum QuickTopic, it looks like pure luck that crazypianist1116 was chosen as the one to be blocked – and also Night 2! I wonder though what I did to be the second in line for this choice on Night 1 (QuickTopic #13) and why I was an “ultra-obvious target for a doc protect” during Night 1. Most had a good town read on me but is this alone enough to warrant a doc protection?
Nevertheless, the two roleblocks on crazypianist1116 were a major drawback for town; had we not lynched Zdenek on Day 3 (thank goodness mastin2 managed to convince you of his claim), Day 4 wouldn’t have happened like it did. When I read the night choices, my first thought was why the hell scum didn’t kill the cop Night 1/2 but then I realized that by doing so they downgrade the cop to vanilla while killing others, which effectively means doing a better job while avoiding the risk of a possible deputy to take over (who in turn would have to be identified by scum first).
So, good play scum team, you tricked me well the whole time.

On the other hand, I think that I myself don’t deserve the win. I tried to look for clues but I didn’t bring up much, especially compared to Setael’s elaborate case or Jase’s active hunting, and in fact I even managed to incriminate myself by saying stupid things that triggered scum reads for some of you. Especially Setael’s case against me was something I wasn’t sure I could defend against because yes, my play had flaws that she pulled to the surface with brilliant accuracy. What do I learn from this? I don’t know, I think I’m already quite careful about what I say but it seems it’s not sufficient.

Powerrox93 wrote:Anyway, this set-up looks a bit swingy with the deputy. Yes I know that but it's also hard to predict the human factor. In this game the cop didn't get back any results the first two nights and the bodyguard didn't do anything during the first two nights.

I think town won because of strong town players, regardless of power roles. The setup looks fairly intuitive; as I said earlier in the game, 10 town vs. 3 scum looks balanced as long as town has power roles. In comparison to “traditional” setups (like F11 or Trendy and Subversive), you decided to trade town’s investigative power for protective power by putting in a bodyguard instead of a doctor (decreasing town’s protection) and by having a deputy (increasing town’s investigation) – I think it’s a fair trade and you should try the setup several times to see if there’s a tendency towards town or scum. As a game setup noob, I think it’s a good setup.

Powerrox93
: Thank you a lot for modding this game! Regular vote counts, clear statements, intuitive rules, quick actions when there is need. I really don’t envy you for having had to look for so many replacements, I wish you more luck in this regard with your future games.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by imaginality »

Uncle Pain wrote:Having read the scum QuickTopic, it looks like pure luck that crazypianist1116 was chosen as the one to be blocked – and also Night 2!

Not really pure luck. D1 he fitted with the 'being town but not so much so as to be nightkilled' sort of PR play, which was why I first suggested RBing him. Then before the night ended, I saw that breadcrumb which gave additional reason to go for him.

D2, no-one else had suddenly looked more PR-y, so it made sense to just go for him again.

As for the comments about you N1, from my perspective you had been one of the towniest players during the day. (In fact I was a bit surprised at how much pressure you came under on D3.) A doc with no PR reads would probably protect one of the most useful players, so that's one reason why it made more sense for us to take out DemonHybrid, who'd only just joined but who already looked likely to us to become a big threat if we let him live. Given how badly StefanB had played in that slot, it seemed less likely Demon Hybrid'd be protected.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:02 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I had no choice but to replace out, being unable to slack even second semester senior year. I really, really, really wanted to continue in this game.

Let's see, I had imaginality pegged out front (and there, without any support), but wow, C-Worl and Zdenek were no less labelled as super-obvTown by me. I think when I've tried for 2 years and still can't get it right, it's quitting time. :lol:
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:54 am

Post by StefanB »

Happy to see town win, apologies to all players and the mod for ever joining the game. I probably won't do it again. Exspecially apologies to yabbaguy and Me=Weird if I wen't over the lyne.
Yabbaguy don't quit!!! Your gambit (which I didn't believe would help) would have caught 2 scum, if I haven't played that bad. You had imaginality and Zdenek was one of your voters.
Mastins theory of the first few pages was right.
The only think that I don't feel sorry for, was the replacing out, didn't have the time and energy I needed for the game.
Now everone can shout at me.
Just 2 funny points: I played scum at the same time than this game (did replace out, but the slot wasn't voted, when I played and I am quite shure never afterwards)
I am not as experienced as Zdenek made me sound.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 am

Post by bvoigt »

Like I said the dead QT, it's good that the scum killed me before I either got mislynched or pushed cases on a bunch of townies. :P Good game everyone, and thanks for modding, Powerrox.

Powerrox93 wrote:...no comment from anyone about the set-up?

Anyway, this set-up looks a bit swingy with the deputy. Yes I know that but it's also hard to predict the human factor. In this game the cop didn't get back any results the first two nights and the bodyguard didn't do anything during the first two nights.

I like the setup. Doesn't a deputy actually reduce swinginess, though? Even if the cop dies early, you'll still have the backup getting results.

A suggestion is to be a little more lenient with the rules-- for example, when Jase violated the claiming to be scum rule, it was pretty clear that he was being sarcastic/outlining a hypothetical situation, not really claiming scum.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:37 am

Post by yabbaguy »

A suggestion is to be a little more lenient with the rules-- for example, when Jase violated the claiming to be scum rule, it was pretty clear that he was being sarcastic/outlining a hypothetical situation, not really claiming scum.

And condense the ruleset. Basically, less about rules and trying to keep an already controlled game in control and more about making a fun game. :)

Stefan, have a look at the yGDB in my sig. Although these two games don't go up there since I left (or maybe I'll mark them as such) - you'll notice how I'm constantly complaining about getting it wrong, blowing LyLos especially. It's one of those situations where I keep losing and continuously thinking I'm learning something new from each game but realistically, a tell that proves to be obvious truth in one game proves to mislynch and lose in LyLo. Here, I've seen lots of people who lash out at L-1 or so, and hence why I thought C-Worl was obvious Town and proudly admitted it, but whaddaya know, this time that's a scumtell.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 am

Post by StefanB »

Just a few other thinks.
Congratulation on Zdenek for getting that "You can active lurk in one post in the RVS" serious (okay from his scumbuddy and Uncle Pain). That was bad. But I was in the end not sure what I could do anymore.
Sorry for never getting in the game before I quit.

At all about Powerrox warning to Jase: I asked about it per PM, and the answer he gave was quite okay, don't agree that the warning was necessary, but it was understandable why he thought he should give a warning.

Bvoight: What other situation was Powerrox to strict.

An other think how near was I on breaking sidewhite rules? I planed to use the replacment request only as a warning and wanted to play until I had answered all potentiel question. What would he happened if I had posted a shorter post, that was allready half written when I was replaced (if I had theoreticly finished it before the mod posted the replacement?)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”