The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:16 am

Post by The Mask »

KoC: Thank you, I suppose. I'm actually unable to sit down for a good hour or so to read all these pages. I will torture myself in a few more days by reading what I've missed but right now I NEED to play from page 15 onwards. Nice to know my swag vote is shitposting... oh but it's SpyreX saying that so yeah, of course he's chainsawwing.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Îdher wrote:Oversoul, I have many reasons for my vote on Quilford and it has little to do with Ethos. I'll throw you all a bone, though, and offer a few:

Quilford, you've asked a lot of questions. What I'm missing are the conclusions.

And the way you talk about people's alignments is sketch.

Oversoul, those in glass houses throw the most stones. (Hint: give actual content before criticizing others' style of play.)

SpyreX, just because parabollocks called you a faggot doesn't make him scum.

-Amrun

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Îdher wrote:You should probably re-evaluate that KoC townread.

-Amrun

You should probably come up with some kind of reasoning behind this.
Being in a hydra doesn't mean you get to throw shit around without explaining yourself.

I'm going to keep asking you for a reason for all this backhanded calling me scum until you give me one.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Oh, and yes, Mask, when you've been lurking like fuck all game so far, to vote for someone because you "still think there's something behind him lurking when the game started", that's shit posting. Also kinda scummy. Oh, and also, what the hell did you mean by
Haven't read the 11 pages I missed but I see 6 votes on Para so lol, no.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Chair (1): T-Bone
Parabollocks (6): Ythan, Quilford, Swag136, Knight of Cydonia, SpyreX,
Parabollocks

Hiraki (1): dramonic
Îdher (1): Oversoul
Swag136 (2): kunkstar7, The Mask
kanyeknowsbest (1): Ethos
Ethos (3): kanyeknowsbest, Untrod Tripod, Hiraki
Quilford (1): Îdher

Not voting: Chair

Deadline is in (expired on 2011-06-27 21:00:00).
With
alive, it takes
votes to lynch!
The Mask is V/LA until June 22nd.
dramonic is V/LA until June 17th.
Searching for a replacement for Parabollocks.
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

KoC: Thank you, I suppose. I'm actually unable to sit down for a good hour or so to read all these pages. I will torture myself in a few more days by reading what I've missed but right now I NEED to play from page 15 onwards. Nice to know my swag vote is shitposting... oh but it's SpyreX saying that so yeah, of course he's chainsawwing.

Who in the what now?

SpyreX, just because parabollocks called you a faggot doesn't make him scum.

-Amrun

No, no it doesn't.

However taking your ball and going home sure as hell doesn't make you town.

And I am talking about Ethos'es responses to the business.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Likes Spyrex's townblock list. Good stuff. Guessing most of the scum is in the not posting much section this game.

Also Hiraki and The Mask make good scum. Post 395 by Hiraki is such a weak jab at Ethos and TheMask's "lol spyrex is chainsawing" implying that spyrex is scum just for questioning his vote and no other reasoning whatsoever is sad.
Vote: The Mask.
Welcome to the Network.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Ethos »

SpyreX, the 'you're right' bit revolved around his shared suspicion of Kayne with the 'this is why it's happening' involving two of our scum-read being on the wagon though in hindsight sure it's not the reason his wagon is being pushed but that's semantics. I told you to pull your head out of your ass because you're not reconsidering other suspects just tunnelling towards Para and us. You telling us that our thoughts are only from our point of view thus meaningless is proof of this. Do me a favour, read the thread, heck skim it from all I care with the mindset that Para and ourselves are town, then tell me who your leading suspects are.

Idher, can you explain the KoC suspicion as well as stating your read on Kayne.

Regfan.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Hiraki »

Most invaulable townie award goes to...

Kunkstar7!

Give him a round of applause!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yosarian2 replaces Parabollocks.
green shirt thursdays
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hi everyone.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hi.

Vote Death Note.

Thanks.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Strike that, wrong game.

Vote Ethos.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Well he did it, actually replaced out.

I really was expecting him to come crawling back to us today.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok. I’m tired, a little bit sick, and in caffeine withdraw, but I’m trying to at least skim the thread. If I don’t sound coherent, I apologize in advance.

- I really wanted to think that Hiraki was scum after some stuff of his I didn’t like in the random voting, but his behavior around the Parabollocks wagon feels town. I’m having trouble justifying why, tbh, but…first, he joined the wagon, then he unvoted and said that the wagon was probably pushed by scum because it was moving too fast. The whole thing gives me a town vibe on Hiraki.

- Ythan seems townish early on.

Parabollocks play so far is terrible.

Ethos might be town. Not really sure why Ythan is attacking him so hardcore over the comment that Oversoul’s play looks town; the comment made sense to me.

As this goes on, Ethos looks more town, and I get more confused by Ythan’s play. Ythan gets so upset by Ethos calling it a “logic disagreemenent”, but that’s what it looks like from where I’m sitting. Also a little wierded out by Ythan apparently mason-fishing.

Ythan wrote:You're using selective and ridiculous absolutes. And that's one part of why I'm calling you scum.

Ythan, can you explain why that’s a scumtell?

(This is irrelevant, but I’m just going to mention that this is right about the point where I took a break from my readthrough because my goddamned water heater just started leaking hot water all over my utility room floor. Argggh.)

-Spyrex is also weird

- SKEET

Ythan wrote:Your slot has been dodging a lot of posts in favor of playing the victim.

This is a fair point against Ethos, Ethos is doing a little more ATE then I really like to see. Still, I think the Ythan/Ethos thing could very well be town v town here.

”Knight of Cydonia” wrote:
This whole Ethos vs. Ythan/SpyreX... thing reads like three townies beating the shit out of each other. Guys, there are far squishier, scummier targets.

Yes, thank you.

Parabollocks then calls SpyreX a “faggot” and self votes. God, I almost want this guy to just die no matter what his alignment is.

…and this is the point when I realize that Parabollocks is the guy I just replaced. Greeeaaattt. Well, at least I don't have to play with that guy.

Ok, so, yeah. Caught up, more or less. Going to try to do some ISO's and try to see if I can get a better idea for who the scum are next; I have a few town reads from my skim through, but don't have any strong scum reads yet. For now, I'm going to
unvote
in case that horrible self vote from that idiot still counts.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by The Mask »

I don't like flaking. But I really need to replace out, Reck.
I will be in better spirit in a week.
Chair
Chair
Goon
Chair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Chair »

Yosarian2 wrote:-Spyrex is also weird

Something about Syprex's play has been bugging me. The small quote at the end of 162, for example. Something just feels really off about it to me, like it shouldn't be there. I just don't feel like it makes sense to say it ("Is this already at L-1?"). I feel... idk. It kind of feels like a really backhanded way to mention that the wagon reached l-1. Or his post 180:
Selective absolutes and I don't understand it.

I dont even know if a Bookie would be worth this defense. Definitely not the other scum roles.
First of all, his attack on Ethos largely looks like he's just piggybacking off of Ythan (who is possibly my strongest townread, and who Misder also reads as town). And second of all, the second sentence has a similar gut feeling like something's off to 162. It kind of feels like the sentence assumes that Ethos and para are scumbuddies (implying that it's a scum on scum defense) and then saying that it makes no sense. It just doesn't feel right. Or his TEAM MURDER DEATH SQUAD list:
Hiraki
KKB
KoC
T-Bone
SpyreX
Ythan

Ythan, I understand why he's on there. Spyrex, it makes sense to put oneself on there. Hiraki, I also understand. But knight, t-bone and kanye? I can understand townreads on these people - but it seems like spyrex has ridiculously strong townreads on them for this point in the game. Especially t-bone and kanye. I also just kind of don't like the proposition of a 6-person voting block when: A, there are plenty of people that still have barely posted; B, it's only a 17-person game and 6 people is 2/3 of a lynch wagon; and C, there's no town reason to have such damn strong town reads on these people. Another notable point:
îdher wrote:SpyreX, just because parabollocks called you a faggot doesn't make him scum.
QFT, and more than that, spyrex should know this. His reaction doesn't seem genuine.

So yeah. That is, as much as i can, my explanation of my spyrex scumread. I'm also notably starting to think both ethos and para (now yos) are town.

kunk wrote:Guessing most of the scum is in the not posting much section this game.

This seems like an odd thing to say in your third post.

-implosion
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The Mask has requested replacement due to personal issues.

Searching now.
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, the 'you're right' bit revolved around his shared suspicion of Kayne with the 'this is why it's happening' involving two of our scum-read being on the wagon though in hindsight sure it's not the reason his wagon is being pushed but that's semantics. I told you to pull your head out of your ass because you're not reconsidering other suspects just tunnelling towards Para and us. You telling us that our thoughts are only from our point of view thus meaningless is proof of this. Do me a favour, read the thread, heck skim it from all I care with the mindset that Para and ourselves are town, then tell me who your leading suspects are.

Idher, can you explain the KoC suspicion as well as stating your read on Kayne.

That is not a semantic debate. Again:

Also don't leave the site you're a good player, probably right and town,
which is why the bandwagon is on you.

Your scum reads evan after the fact: TheMask and Quilford. They couldn't get a bandwagon on someone this game thus far if the person they were on said they were scum in thread in bold letters. So either you're saying they're somehow doing it or your town reads are scum because para is a paragon of town and a good player.

But, I'll play the game. More because of the replacement which I'll get to in a minute.

If both of you are town I'd be looking real hard at:

kunkstar the magnificent of the lurkers - yea yea he's been on null lists but my first response when I saw him post was "That was a quick replacement for para....wait a second"

Chair. A hydra who's paying attention with 8 posts at this stage of the game is ridiculous. Further, he's the one who's got them itchy feet about my MURDER DEATH SQUAD and a scum flip there would be awesome because that would be even more evidence (not that I need it) of me being right about my peeps.

UT. If both of you are town then one of the more vicious connectors has a pretty damn high chance of being scum. It sure as hell isn't Ythan and UT has a lot of bite in his posts but no bark. This one, of all of them, has everything to do you with your alignments - if you're scum, no way in hell he is.

So, yea, I'm paying attention to this game.

THAT doesn't change a peep about anything.

Yos though. That gives me a little pause. It takes gigantic stones to replace into a scum slot and call out
your own slot
for being a jackass first class. So, I definitely want some more Yos. A lot more actually. Especailly in regards to Ethos (note: not Ethos/Ythan parade).

A chunk of my extreme dislike of Ethos was the sweet two for one with Para and WHILE I probably am going to wagon that way on the merits of Ethos scum alone I'm going to take a bit and reconcile this game some in my head.

Unvote
Show

Proud member of BaM
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

@ Idher, whats wrong with a KoC townread?

@Chair: On reread it felt like I was hitting a lot of townreads from 3/4 of the main posters. Never said I was prolific myself.
Also, Spyrex answered why he made the comment, and from what was going on I could see it too, I was waiting to see if we were going to get a flip from para because I didn't count the wagon right either. Did you miss his answer or was it not sufficient for you?
You seem pretty determined to break down that voting block of townreads when you appear to agree with most of them. They don't all have to be "OBVTOWN TO THE END OF THE EARTH" reads to make it there ya' know.
Also would like an explanation of why you view Ethos town.
Welcome to the Network.
Chair
Chair
Goon
Chair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Chair »

kunk wrote:Did you miss his answer or was it not sufficient for you?

Frankly, no answer really could be sufficient since my feeling about the statement is largely just a gut feeling that it doesn't belong, which I then tried to explain. I didn't miss the answer. It doesn't change my feelings about the statement.
kunk wrote:They don't all have to be "OBVTOWN TO THE END OF THE EARTH" reads to make it there ya' know.

SpyreX begs to disagree.
SpyreX wrote:Its been a good long time since I've felt this strong about town town up ins. I'd be shocked and awed if this list was all that was left and there was a game still goin on.

I suspect that spyrex would have more than 6 townreads in a game of 17 players. Based on this statement, I can infer that his standard of town for being in his voting block is very high.
SpyreX wrote:Chair. A hydra who's paying attention with 8 posts at this stage of the game is ridiculous. Further, he's the one who's got them itchy feet about my MURDER DEATH SQUAD and a scum flip there would be awesome because that would be even more evidence (not that I need it) of me being right about my peeps.

First of all: 8 posts isn't ridiculous when, first of all, I'd been largely withholding posting early on until I could talk with Misder, which didn't happen until last night, and second of all, you seem to be implicitly comparing this hydra to the other hydras and Îdher's 30 posts generally consist of 1-3 lines. Second, you say that this slot flipping scum would have an effect on your town reads - does this mean that you have a scumread on us? If so, why not just outright say that you think we're scum? if not, why speculate about us flipping scum? Third of all, "itchy feet" is a strange way to describe my feelings about the voting block proposition - why don't you respond to the criticisms that I've made of it (namely, insufficiently justified town reads along with it being very early to create a very large voting block when many people haven't contributed) instead of essentially implicitly attacking me for attacking the voting block?

-implosion
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

First of all: 8 posts isn't ridiculous when, first of all, I'd been largely withholding posting early on until I could talk with Misder, which didn't happen until last night, and second of all, you seem to be implicitly comparing this hydra to the other hydras and Îdher's 30 posts generally consist of 1-3 lines. Second, you say that this slot flipping scum would have an effect on your town reads - does this mean that you have a scumread on us? If so, why not just outright say that you think we're scum? if not, why speculate about us flipping scum? Third of all, "itchy feet" is a strange way to describe my feelings about the voting block proposition - why don't you respond to the criticisms that I've made of it (namely, insufficiently justified town reads along with it being very early to create a very large voting block when many people haven't contributed) instead of essentially implicitly attacking me for attacking the voting block?

-implosion

1.) One person, two people, 10 people. 8 posts is ridiculous. Yes, there are a myriad of other rediculousnessers but you, and you've said it yourself, are paying attention to this game and not posting. I don't care WHY and this game has firmly cemented my hatred of hydras (which has been brewing for a long, long time but I digress).

2.) Read context, TIA. That was part of his huge game. I wouldn't lynch you at the moment, BUT assuming the mod came in and said Yos AND Ethos were both town yes you'd move waay up that list. And yes there are more than two scum but crawl before we walk. And, yes, like I said you flipping scum would cement said DEATH SQUAD because this is the tenative prodding I come to expect.

3.) Its itchy feet. I haven't "justified" any of my town reads but the only ones you're worried about are the ones you dont agree with. Very early is a cop out and sometimes it takes a post and sometimes it takes 4 flips but when I find town I find them. And, further, their contributions are not a factor of the "others" not playing the game. Those aren't flip-based reads. Those are town reads. Take it to the bank.

And if I'm going to attack you you'll know it. I dont pussyfoot around.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Ethos »

SpyreX wrote: Your scum reads evan after the fact: TheMask and Quilford. They couldn't get a bandwagon on someone this game thus far if the person they were on said they were scum in thread in bold letters. So either you're saying they're somehow doing it or your town reads are scum because para is a paragon of town and a good player.
Ethos wrote: Essentially it was a plea to not quit playing mafia completly because Para is infact a good player.
The intention behind it wasn't saying that the people strongly pushing para are scum as we only had two scum read on the wagon both relatively early on it however I can understand how you may read it as that initally.

We're running in circles here, again. Thanks for providing your reads though can you attempt to explain your Kayne town-read because his entire post and vote scream as opportunistic scum attempting to find a reason to jump on a future mslynch. Commenting on the part where he begs us to stop using meta, and then states he doesn't care if we use meta would also be appreciated. Need to have a discussion with Slaxx when he's next online in regards to everything else that has occured recently. Also, welcome Yos.

Regfan.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

What other intention COULD there be? Was that just absolutely an unnecessary mispeak?

Since I'm mellow some at the moment sure I'll give you some bits on KKB:

KKB didn't jump on para. In fact, if the idea is being opportunistic scum AND you're both town he'd have every reason to firmly, firmly hitch his wagon to the more vocal group. He didn't. In fact, he's arguing about hiraki WHILE firmly laying down his opinion on me. Further, while he steps back some on para it is directly in relation to para's vanishing act during the turbulent times. Additionally, and this is key, he's firmly calling you out on the hydra business AND TheMask v/la business. Both of which deserve a call out - but, not from a scum trying to blend. And, and when everyone went "Ohh no these pages are just Ethos and Ythan duking it out" he went "no, no its not." because it isn't. This is paying attention and pretty solid town.

I thought I commented on the meta business before? That logic makes perfect sense to me(this is KKB speak): Stop using meta, because meta is bad (regardless of alignment). However, since you are scum and are going to keep doing it I'm going to keep calling you out on it. I dont have a problem calling you out on it, of course.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Ethos »

Yes, I can agree that it was a bit of a misspeak, as I said the sole purpose was to attempt to convince him to stay in the game becuase he is a player that I consider good and have had an enjoyable experience with him in the past.

I disagree about KKB, I believe scum have more incentive to lock the lynch between two town players then to just place another vote on the leading one. His vote forced the attention to be stay between myself and Para whereas if he just voted Para and Para claimed a PR there would be a scramble of votes off Para which could result in going anywhere. The hydra business that you state he called us out on has been elaborated on multiple times, the contradiction he attempted to push was one merely stating that we both have different strengths of reads which is in no way a scum-tell.

Regfan.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Ethos wrote:Yes, I can agree that it was a bit of a misspeak, as I said the sole purpose was to attempt to convince him to stay in the game becuase he is a player that I consider good and have had an enjoyable experience with him in the past.

I disagree about KKB, I believe scum have more incentive to lock the lynch between two town players then to just place another vote on the leading one. His vote forced the attention to be stay between myself and Para whereas if he just voted Para and Para claimed a PR there would be a scramble of votes off Para which could result in going anywhere. The hydra business that you state he called us out on has been elaborated on multiple times, the contradiction he attempted to push was one merely stating that we both have different strengths of reads which is in no way a scum-tell.

Regfan.

Conflict between your heads is not in itself scummy, but your manner of handling it and using the excuse of it being a hydra is what strikes me as scummy. Note I haven't called any of the other hydras on this because none of them are going about it in a scummy fashion thus far. And saying that I am forcing attention to stay between your and para is just laughable - how is not voting for someone i think might be town and instead voting someone i think might not be town scummy? also remember that i initially tried to move attention away from para and called out hiraki on voting him to L-2 and then immediately unvoting him. thats hardly trying to get people to choose between you and para.

anyways, i just got home, time to read from page 14. ill have a post on anything juicy i see asap~
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”