DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:06 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1, DEFCON 3 - Vote Count IV - Another Fine Navy Day]

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." --Voltaire

[Votes]

AurorusVox
(5) - Magua, HezLucky, Mina, Screaming Death Clan, PookyTheMagicalBear
danakillsu
(2) - gorilla, RedCoyote
Gammagooey
(0)
gorilla
(0)
HezLucky
(3) - SpyreX, Gammagooey, danakillsu
Hinduragi
(1) - ooba
inHimshallibe
(0)
Internet Stranger
(1) - ToastyToast
Katsuki
(0)
Lady Lambdadelta
(0)
Magister Ludi
(0)
MagnaofIllusion
(0)
Magua
(0)
Mina
(0)
ooba
(0)
[PLAYERNAME] (Vi & CSL hydra)
(0)
PookyTheMagicalBear
(0)
RedCoyote
(10) - Regfan, Magister Ludi, inHimshallibe, MagnaofIllusion, Lady Lambdadelta, [PLAYERNAME] (Vi & CSL hydra), Hinduragi, Katsuki, AurorusVox, Internet Stranger
Regfan
(1) - SocioPath
Screaming Death Clan
(0)
SocioPath
(0)
SpyreX
(0)
Swift Justice
(0)
ToastyToast
(0)
Toogeloo
(0)

Not voting
(2) - Toogeloo, Swift Justice

[Activity]

The deadline is Monday, 27 June at 23:59 EST. Thirteen votes are required to lynch.
No prods currently needed.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Swift Justice »

Hinduragi wrote:

Equinox wrote:Faraday's thinking on this was that early setup speculation from Mina was a weak town tell; furthermore, he doubted that Mina-scum would want to face the scrutiny of
having to come up with a pro-town-looking plan and then following through with it

...Since town hasn't been able to follow through with it, wouldn't scum be more likely to try it and pretend they followed through with it and failed?

we're not talking about scum or town, we're talking about Mina. and i'm pretty fucking clearly saying NO.

as for this whole recruiting equinox wtf? i had no more money to spend on internet airport, and it's a fucking bitch to type from my phone anyway.

HEY GAMMA WHY ISN'T ME AGREEING WITH YOUR READS A TOWN TELL, OR VICE VERSA?
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Screaming Death Clan
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Screaming Death Clan »

OH HAI FARADAY PROBABLY SHOULDNT BE LOOKING AT YOUR TOWN ROLE PM WHILE IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU

LOL GAME BROKENS

<_<

>_>
Show
RAGE INTO THE SUNSET

OUR GLORY WILL BE ETERNAL

Fate/Reck/SpyreX/Socio/Elli
If you see this sig, it's one of us.
Screaming Death Clan
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:16 am

But yeah, skimming I've seen nothing changing:

Vi has RE-claimed scum, and its not cute anymore.
RC and AV are both scum, I almost want RC to die first because of MEMORIES for letting him live (and its not like AV is going anywhere LAWLZNUKE)

Unvote:
Vote: RedC

I'm warming up to IS town, but we'll see when the nukes fly his true colors.
Show
RAGE INTO THE SUNSET

Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Swift Justice »

Screaming Death Clan wrote:OH HAI FARADAY PROBABLY SHOULDNT BE LOOKING AT YOUR TOWN ROLE PM WHILE IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU

LOL GAME BROKENS

<_<

>_>

WE'RE MASONS ANYWAY.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Screaming Death Clan
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:25 am

Oh yeah, Hez is TOWN Mr. SpyreX.

If you KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Socio can't be lynched Toog, just like you can't avoid my influence here.

Dana is for nukes and for not reading, his posts are still of no value to this thread.

inHim is town in case he hadn't posted before my first content post.

K wow I missed a whole chunk of pages I'm definitely seeing IS town now.

So what was my scumteam call again?

I'm amending it to

RC
AV
Vi
[MYSTERY READ OH YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE HEHEHAHAHHAEA]
One of those lurker easily bussed clowns among Dana, Toasty, Gorilla,

SK
SOCIOPATH STILL
Show
RAGE INTO THE SUNSET

Screaming Death Clan
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:25 am

Swift Justice wrote:
Screaming Death Clan wrote:OH HAI FARADAY PROBABLY SHOULDNT BE LOOKING AT YOUR TOWN ROLE PM WHILE IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU

LOL GAME BROKENS

<_<

>_>

WE'RE MASONS ANYWAY.

LOL I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT QT

FUCKIN HYDRAS
Show
RAGE INTO THE SUNSET

Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Swift Justice »

Swift Justice wrote:
Town: Mina, Toogeloo, Katsuki, Regfan, ToastyToast, inHimshallibe, Magister Ludi
Maybe Town: AurorusVox, Internet Stranger
Maybe Scum: Vi, HezLucky
Scum: RedCoyote, SocioPath, danakillsu
In Limbo: Screaming Death Clan, PookyTheMagicalBear, MagnaofIllusion, ooba, SpyreX

I don't get any warm fuzzy feelings about Toast, apart from that yes? maybe? Idk about Toogeloo I probably can't read him in a fair manner due to :outofgamestuff: so I'll just see what happens. Move Hezlucky down to maybe town, Ooba's maybe town. Haven't read that many(any?) of Moi's posts so sure why not. Let me read him now and let you know. Mina's like on a chesskid from defcon 2 level, btw.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:31 am

Post by Swift Justice »

Swift Justice (spefically Faraday) gets scum-points for 353. Why? Because I know for a FACT that Faraday scum pulls the kind of exact shit Mina / others were talking about. You did it in MetaMafia. So it being your biggest pet-peeve means jack crap.

hurr durr I do it as town too. that's why it's notascumtell.jpg

MOI's probably town, didn't read past his first 5 posts but dgb lent me her scumputer for the day, so it's pretty much fact.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:06 am

Post by danakillsu »

SwiftJustice wrote:Scum: RedCoyote, SocioPath, danakillsu

Odd. So you think that RC and I have a scum QT together, and planned that he would bus me to no end, but I would refuse to bus him in return? That doesn't sound like any scum plan I've ever heard.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Mina »

On V/LA because of Goofbash. I'll try to find time to write an actual post if I can get away from the crowd today, because I have lots to say in response to Vi and AV.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Magua »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Now that ooba has claimed to have picked up Airbase

@MagnaofIllusion:
Please explain what you mean here.

Other things:

Hinduragi's defense of #665 reads pretty true to me; I can see it coming from town defending town or scum defending town, but either way, it makes me think more strongly of Hez-town.

Hinduragi wrote:
You know what pisses me off? I posted a pretty damning piece on the entire AV wagon and it gets ignored.

Point me at this, because I don't see it. I see you saying that AV isn't playing like AV-scum did in DEFCON 2, and that you have a town read. But I see nothing about the wagon or the people voting AV.

RedCoyote: I'm meh on this. His posts read scummy, but without a real scum motivation on them. The best scum motivation I can see is RC-scum trying to derail AV-scum's wagon...but that's pretty a pretty weak derail if its the intention, and I don't really believe it. Much rather prefer to lynch AV.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:48 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Magua wrote:
@MagnaofIllusion:
Please explain what you mean here.

I thought it was pretty straightforward. If I was a smart-ass who liked graphics I'd post a pic of some sort of map right here.

1. SDC came into the thread right after DEFCON 3 started saying "What Rat Bastard .... blah blah". What I took from this - he is claiming to not have Airbase given he's throwing a fit in that post.
2. ooba's next post has a pic of a Rat and he says something along the line of "You rang?" I took from this he was taunting Fate / SDC about getting Airbase.

This of course can clearly be WIFOMing everyone about who does or doesn't have Airbase by those two.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

danakillsu wrote:Odd. So you think that RC and I have a scum QT together, and planned that he would bus me to no end, but I would refuse to bus him in return? That doesn't sound like any scum plan I've ever heard.

It's not impossible. Besides, not all things that scum do are planned.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Magua »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
I thought it was pretty straightforward. If I was a smart-ass who liked graphics I'd post a pic of some sort of map right here.

1. SDC came into the thread right after DEFCON 3 started saying "What Rat Bastard .... blah blah". What I took from this - he is claiming to not have Airbase given he's throwing a fit in that post.
2. ooba's next post has a pic of a Rat and he says something along the line of "You rang?" I took from this he was taunting Fate / SDC about getting Airbase.

This of course can clearly be WIFOMing everyone about who does or doesn't have Airbase by those two.

Carry on. I had failed to make the connection between the graphic and SDC's post.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:38 am

Post by danakillsu »

Swift Justice wrote:(Equinox)

danakillsu wrote:Odd. So you think that RC and I have a scum QT together, and planned that he would bus me to no end, but I would refuse to bus him in return? That doesn't sound like any scum plan I've ever heard.

It's not impossible. Besides, not all things that scum do are planned.

I think you can be pretty darn sure that RC and I would have planned something that major if we were going to do it as scum together. But it not being impossible is not really good enough, because just about everything's POSSIBLE. This obviously indicates you realize it's unlikely, which means your scumlist doesn't make sense. I've got my eye on you.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

Aaaaaarrghh FINE.

Give me a nail and I'll be the hammer.

When Hez does something reaaaly stupid in the near future you will hear my lack of surprise echo across the universe.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

danakillsu wrote:I think you can be pretty darn sure that RC and I would have planned something that major if we were going to do it as scum together. But it not being impossible is not really good enough, because just about everything's POSSIBLE. This obviously indicates you realize it's unlikely, which means your scumlist doesn't make sense. I've got my eye on you.

Correct. Anything is possible. I also found your "I wouldn't do this with RedCoyote!" to be wholly unconvincing. You don't even bother addressing the rest of my reads; you opted to merely discredit the entire thing by picking at a piece of it.

If you have your eye on me, great. You can see the nuke coming straight for you as soon as it's launched and then feel how utterly useless your defenses are when it hits.

Let's play a game. I know your top 4 town reads, I know your top scum read, I know the names of two people you've done the Defense Dance around, and I know you've got an eye for me because I have a nice singing voice and a beautifully decorated nuke. Who else is scum?
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Swift Justice »

danakillsu wrote: I've got my eye on you.

JUST ONE OF THEM? :mad: what's the other one doing eh???
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

Faraday wrote:JUST ONE OF THEM? :mad: what's the other one doing eh???

Got poked by a snail while he was trying to cook it, I reckon.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Faraday you had pretty much all the same reads I did in Metamafia. Thus notatowntell.gif

RC can die later tonight. If YOU, <INSERT PLAYERNAME HERE> want something done before then Get On With It.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Toogeloo »

AurorusVox wrote:Toog: Opinions on the RC wagon?

I liked RC before DEFCON 3, I really should go back and see how his wagon started, and why it's raging at this point. I can see a lot of names on the Wagon that I just don't like though.

The lack of effort from RC to combat his wagon, make some defenses, and be more proactive to swing players in a different direction makes me less comfortable with my original read on him however. Maybe he's not around, maybe he has no fire... maybe he's scum and just going down. RC wouldn't have been my first choice for lynching today. I recall RC being pretty decent in DC2, and something seems to be missing here that was in that game.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

Screaming Death Clan wrote:RC and AV are both scum, I almost want RC to die first because of MEMORIES for letting him live (and its not like AV is going anywhere LAWLZNUKE)

What do you think of the movement from the AurorusVox wagon to the RedCoyote wagon?
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:47 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Hey ya'al I've been gone for over a day, so I have a lot to catch up on. Expect a catch-up post of sorts later.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 am

Post by ToastyToast »

The only noticeable difference I see in AV’s scum meta as opposed to town meta (this is from skimming) is post length. As town, he tends to be more descriptive and spend more time making wall posts. As scum, the posts average to be around two paragraphs. That’s same length is being utilized in this game.

However, this is nowhere near enough to warrant a vote.

I’m just going to start at RC’s post, and go from there.

RC wrote: At this point either ML or AV would be my strongest scumreads. My strongest townread is probably SP.

I don’t understand how SP is your STRONGEST town-read. Feels off. Scum-buddy of RC is more likely ML than AV, given the vote choice.

AV wrote:This is precisely what I was thinking when reading that post. AV, my poor AV, has got to eat the first lynch this game, I'm afraid.

…Maybe not. I don’t like this, for it both appeals to a player and suggests that AV is a mislynch waiting (poor AV, I’m afraid, etc.) to happen.

For such a long post, it actually doesn’t have that much content. I didn’t see much of anything about dana, and yet you put it as the second-most favored lynched. Similarly, most of your posts about AV are along the lines of “Awww, poor AV, it’s a shame you muse die today!” He attacks IS more than his actual scumreads.

Hindu wrote:You know what pisses me off? I posted a pretty damning piece on the entire AV wagon and it gets ignored.

whelp there are a lot of really long posts atm, its easy to miss things.

MoI wrote:But why aren’t Sociopath, Swift Justice, SDC or any number of normally prolific posters who aren’t lighting up the boards suspect in your eyes? Why is Internet Stranger the only one you mention?

because I already suspect IS. IS had provided the least amount of informative content, which is my main problem with him. Its just been “AMERICA” and not real scumhunting. His newer posts are much better.

RC wrote:@Everyone: If we could make the first lynch a competition between dana and AV, I think we'd be off to such a good start. Both of these lynches are based on very solid ground at this point. Hez, well, not so much.

Its pretty obvious that AV has considerably more suspicion on him. Also, this is the first day. Why in the world would choosing from two suspects only be a good idea? From a numbers perspective, its much better to have a larger lynching pool in this situation.

Also, don’t see any strong connection b/w dana and AV. What MoI said.

IS wrote:Come DEFCON 1, the socialists will pay.

Do you think EVERYONE is socialist? Also, I’m curious why you focused on Vi’s vote and called it scummy but didn’t even mention mine.

RC wrote:Given the fact that I think both dana and AV have a good chance at being scum, then it's more likely that I'm right about one of those predictions than it is if I advocated, say, Hez, who I do not consider to have a greater chance at being scum (over dana or AV).

This doesn’t make me feel good. Like, I shivered when I read it.

RC wrote:Mmm, this is a bit frustrating now because I see where y'all are coming from. I wasn't intending to pull any sort of trick. I, uh, I think I'm being a little too analytical and distant for my own good here. I think I'll just stop talking for a while.

Sounds like your mocking AV. Didn’t you attack him for his “do you want me to shut-up” post?

OMG that was only like two pages WTF I’m tired.

Ooba’s vote is…random, unexpected.

SJ wrote:Today happens to be Read DEFCON Day, so I'm doing that now and continuing when I come back home. Hold me to this, etc.

Orly? ME TOO. Is it strange that I’m getting great town-vibes from Equinox but scum-vibes from Faraday? Torn hydra is torn.

Swift Justice wrote:i'm not reading the thread but she need to die.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone was torn.

Toogeloo wrote:Not a single person has even commented on my opinion of SocioPath since I voted him? Is he not worth people's time, and my opinion mean very little, to at least comment on the case I posted? His content is still fluffy. There is nothing there, and I imagine we won't see him again with anything remarkable for some time.

Yeah, its fluffy. I have a null on Sociopath, so its more of an issue of I find many other people scummier. Its also one bad quality when compared to suspects with multiple bad qualities.

Magister Ludi wrote:This is bad reasoning. If you think someone is playing in a scummy manner (as Socio is in fact doing), you don't pass it up or fail to call them out on it. You try and push the wagon. The fact that you also consider him acting in a scummy manner, but not worth lynching, but nukeable, is not a stance I understand or expect to come from a town point of view.

hmm I read MoI’s post differently. I think he was saying that even if SP is scummy, the chance of him getting lynched today is very small because of where the focus is. Similarly, an IS lynch is very unlikely because there were only two votes on him. Also, people who are “in-the-line-of-fire” scummy are much more likely to be lynched than “under-the-radar” scummy. SP is more of a likely nuke target than someone to use up a lynch on.

AV’s hop on the RC wagon is predictable given that he’s very much underpressure.

Swift Justice’s giant post. INSERT URL HERE TOASTIn addition to the funny bird, this post has appeased me for now. I agree with most of his reads (except for Magna and IS, I would switch the two) If it doesn’t keep up, however, my opinions on Faraday will likely take over again. Seriously, I think Swift Justice either as dissociative identity disorder or AGM forgot that they were in the same slot and sent 2 rolePM’s

SJ wrote:If I've left you out, I have no idea who the heck you are, and I expect to acquaint myself when I read the first 20 pages or so of game. If, after that, I still don't know who you are, I'm nuking you, Faraday fervor be damned.

My one problem. How did you manage to leave out LLD in your reads, then talk about her right after. She didn’t even make it to limbo?

SJ wrote:HezLucky needs nuking, I think, but I'll need to reread him also, particularly his later posts when the momentum moves off him and onto RedCoyote.

You sound unconfident + 5.

I have to pee really bad.

inHimshallibe wrote:Well, then Equinox comes and posts up ins. Re: RC saying he could be wrong - definitely agree that is not the scum part of this equation. It is that he claims that while not providing a reasonable justification for bumping AV down/moving dana up than "Competing wagons are good."

This

SDC wrote:One of those lurker easily bussed clowns among Dana, Toasty, Gorilla

HOWS THAT FOR LURKING, YO.

And so, my final decision is….
drumroll plz

Unvote:Vote:RedCoyote.
Come on down! (to the gallows)
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”