Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Ythan »

What, Ethos making an unreasonable leap?
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Ethos »

Amrum, in Speed Mafia, and oh jesus christ I thought skeet just meant to slide by but I just looked it up, I'm going to find myself the nearest cliff and jump.

SpyreX, again, I've said this the similarities between Spare Me Mafia and this game read as strong.

Ythan, can you rephrase or explain Post #295, I'm having difficulty understanding it.

Regfan.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Quilford »

SpyreX wrote:Quilford is throwing out some easy pitches that make me a little itches but townish for the minute. Need more.

what does this mean
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:Amrum, in Speed Mafia, and oh jesus christ I thought skeet just meant to slide by but I just looked it up, I'm going to find myself the nearest cliff and jump.

SpyreX, again, I've said this the similarities between Spare Me Mafia and this game read as strong.

Ythan, can you rephrase or explain Post #295, I'm having difficulty understanding it.

Regfan.

If your partner is freaking out then at least he has a good excuse.
Îdher
Îdher
Goon
Îdher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by ├Ädher »

Ethos wrote:Amrum, in Speed Mafia, and oh jesus christ I thought skeet just meant to slide by but I just looked it up, I'm going to find myself the nearest cliff and jump.

Holy shit, that is beautiful. :lol:

Back to the game: I was in Speed Mafia. Mask was terribly lurky, so if you want to use that as an example, you'll have to be specific in what makes his townlurk different from his scumlurk and why that applies here, two days into the game.

-Amrun
Amrun + Ether hydra.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan, are you attempting to imply that I have no excuse for not answering your questions because I have been doing so whenever I believed productive.

Amrum, in Speed Mafia his posts generally included large quantities of content without any real excuse posting, this differs from his scum game that I was in with him as well as Resurgance Mafia.

Regfan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Ythan »

Your slot has been dodging a lot of posts in favor of playing the victim.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:Your slot has been dodging a lot of posts in favor of playing the victim.

List them (Post #'s would be more prefered than quotes) because I believe I've responded to everything.

Regfan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Ythan »

No, see. You act like you've "proved" something or other in the responses you make. You do a fine job of clicking the reply button but you do a very poor job of actually resolving anything.

This is not new.

It's been going on while you have been posting so you must know.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by Ethos »

Would you agree that the following are your four main points that you attempted to bring up, a simple yes or no shall suffice:

1. That you believe we're exaggerating Para's actions.
2. That you believe we're making incorrect assumptions in regards to our Oversoul town-read.
3. That asking for a scum game from Para invalidates the entire reason for aking him for anything.
4. That you believe we're using a lot of selective absolutes.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by Ythan »

Those were the early basis of my case against you. Your shifty play in I would say more than 50% of your posts since then and your overflowing generosity with minor scum points have not helped.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:Those were the early basis of my case against you. Your shifty play in I would say more than 50% of your posts since then and your overflowing generosity with minor scum points have not helped.

See no. Just no, you attempt to attack me and accuse me of dodging questions and posts directed towards me via playing the victim card when this isn't true at all, everything that's been brought up I've discussed as shown again below. So again if there's something I haven't addressed link it, otherwise stating that I'm dodging posts is a blatant lie.

1. That you believe we're exaggerating Para's actions
I've explaiend in detail that my town-read on Para isn't strong though I brought it up intially because if a player that I have a town-read on regardless how weak is likely getting lynched I need to be vocal about disagreeing with it.

2. That you believe we're making incorrect assumptions in regards to our Oversoul town-read.
This issue has been beaten to death, Overs play reads as town through and through and this is a read that's not weakening at all, I still fail to see him acting in the way he did as scum.

3. That asking for a scum game from Para invalidates the entire reason for asking him for anything.
Again, been answered, I know Para's town meta via playing with him therefore only needing the scum meta.

4. That you believe we're using a lot of selective absolutes.
Slaxx discussed this, we both have a tendacy to attain stronger town-reads than scumreads thereby stating any reads we get when we gain, I'm aware that the reasoning behind some of them this early in the game are weak however they change as the game progresses.

Regfan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by Ythan »

You incurable fool. I'm doing my best not to play the beat scum over the head with their own goddamn shortcomings game. You can be lynched without your own participation. Your errors are plain to see with half a brain.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:You incurable fool. I'm doing my best not to play the beat scum over the head with their own goddamn shortcomings game. You can be lynched without your own participation. Your errors are plain to see with half a brain.

See, this is exactly what happened last time I pointed out all the flaws in your arguments, if you're actually town like I believe you are attempt to discuss it with me here now, otherwise you're going to look like a massive idiot later for blindly tunneling.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by Ythan »

In the morning or afternoon when I'm not swamped I'll swift through your iso for you. So I can hammer into that thick skull of yours not only that there more than you address but that you do a poor job of holding up what you offer against those points you do address.

You just say NOPE PROVED IT LOL.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:last time I pointed out all the flaws in your arguments

The absolute shittiest type of player on this site is the one who can't grasp the fact that simply providing answers to points is distinct, by an incredible distance, from proving anything, and often from even providing a satisfactory excuse for bad play.

Do you want to be that guy?
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:The absolute shittiest type of player on this site is the one who can't grasp the fact that simply providing answers to points is distinct, by an incredible distance, from proving anything, and often from even providing a satisfactory excuse for bad play. Do you want to be that guy?

If you attempt to come across and say x is mafia due to a, b and c and then find a b and c to all be invalid it should be more than a reasonable amount of proof that your conclusion is indeed wrong. I look forward to your post later though, I very much do. As much as I would love to stay and continue to have this completly pointless discussion with you now though I have far more vital thing I need to do. Have fun being a complete moron while I'm gone though.

Regfan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

Um.

I checked the possible role list for crybaby.

Ethos is fakeclaiming.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Quilford wrote:I would be surprised if neither Ythan nor Ethos were scum at this point

I agree. And I have a mega town boner for Ythan.

Ethos: what makes my fluff (I don't believe that my pointed comments towards Hiraki were fluff) more of a sin then the half a dozen players who have contributed less? also meta arguments are bad and you are making a whole bunch of them please stop!

Ethos wrote:
Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:Idk about reg but I am done arguing until we get some fresh thoughts in here.

When you don't follow through with things like this it just looks like you want an excuse to stop posting.

Its 1 fucking AM.

I have an appointment at 9 AM.

We're going nowhere with this. IF I wanted an excuse to stop posting, I would have said "I'm done" or "Whatever" or something dismissing.

except it was an excuse to stop posting. you originally said you were done arguing and just left it at that. then you backpedal and say its a time issue, you could have just said that from the start.

SpyreX wrote:Hiraki isn't scum yo. Ythan is town though so 1 for 2 aint bad.

Its not quite 2 out of 3 though. on that note my next forum name will be meatloafknowsbestmostofthetime.

I wrote the above before in between outings 2 and a half hours ago. I come back and Ethos has made even more meta arguments and thinks the mask is scum for 2 posts followed by a 2-3 day v/la? Like, really? There is absolutely no excuse for this.

Hiraki is still scum, and I hope you will come to see this in the future SpyreX, but for now I am perfectly content with this Ethos wagon.
unvote, vote: Ethos
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Ythan wrote:Um.

I checked the possible role list for crybaby.

Ethos is fakeclaiming.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Ythan »

Having a pretty rough, stressful night outside of this game.

Although I still think Ethos is doing everything I say they are doing.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

going back over the last 8 pages or so that i missed while i was out~

my initial thoughts on Ethos revolved around his bad reasoning on the kanye vote, and i also dont like him attaching it to town reading of para (even tho i think (thought?) para is town)

Ethos wrote:Think about when scum get on a bandwagon. Think about what they do. They need town cred to survive. There are two ways to get that:
1. Bus a scumbuddy
2. Argue against a townie's lynch

So you don't think that scum can get on a wagon they know will flip town?
Also notice that the second is exactly what Ethos is doing right now.

Ethos wrote:I'm honestly baffled as to why people aren't reading the taking credibility for the wagon as either

1. Indicative they are both scum
2. Indicative he is town

because scum can be on town wagons!!

lol at #204.

#257 claiming that you arent being contradictaroy because youre a hydra isnt a very good excuse. as spyrex pointed out earlier, its your own responsibility to make the hydra work.

#268 spyrex isnt hirakis buddy as spyrex is town. fyi.

#275 agreed.

also seriously, the "meta v/la, but i dont think hes faking v/la" shit just blows my mind. like, theres two of you there, how did you both come to a consensus on this and not dismiss it immediately?

In other news, parabollocks has gone completely silent since people came to his defense. i dont like that at all and i am much less certain in my frustrated town read on him. im null on oversoul and quilford is leaning town. idher is still town and everyone else needs weigh in on the last 8 pages.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by Quilford »

Quilford wrote:
Ethos wrote:Quil, Idher, go back and read our tells and tell us what you think of them. I'm specifically interested in the Oversoul tell which is a tell I think Quilford agreed with.

Ethos wrote:2. Oversouls claimage over the ownership of the Idher wagon reads as a town-tell, I don't see scum openely taking responsibility as an Idher town-flip would put them in an awful position, similary I don't see Oversoul bussing Idher.

So I really don't think Oversoul 'claimed' anything. With the 'w00t!' in front of the 'claim' it reads less like "oh I started that wagon I want due credit" and more like "hey I'm a noob and I did something right for once".
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

What the fuck was all that??
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

A few observations.

-Arguing in circles for 7 fucking pages over a span of just 3 hours only helps scum. There are 17 of us, and the three or four of you who contributed to that effectively alienate the rest of the player list, and assuming that there is no way all of you are scum, thus you alienate scum from the discussion.
- As I've just shown it's easy to go "I don't know what is going on" and not provide content. I'm struggling because honestly? About page 2 into the argument it looks like you guys totally forgot about what you were arguing about in the first place, but continued to post for the sake of argument. What does winning said argument accomplish exactly? Sure as hell doesn't help the rest of us.
- How the hell did I get dragged into the argument?
- Why 10 minutes after I go to bed do people start posting again? I was waiting all evening!

Okay, I'm left with just one single question I'd like answered. What the heck did all that accomplish? Because I don't think it accomplished anything but the negatives I noted above.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”