Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:
Ythan wrote:You're using selective and ridiculous absolutes. And that's one part of why I'm calling you scum.

They are selective to you, not me. I'm totally up for the fact that I might be wrong, but don't think I am. I use ridiculous absolutes a lot, its just what I do. Yeah, its self meta, but its what I do. You can literally look back at any of my recent games and see that I have adapted a new strategy of committing to town reads and lynching based on PoE in the non-town read pool. It happened in nightless. From my point of view, it looks like you are calling me scum because I am wrong. And I realize that some of those tells were stretches but they were literally from pregame to our current page we were on before this started. So yeah, some of the tells would be stretches at first. Its the beginning of the game, so its to be expected. What specifically is scummy about the selective absolutes? Where specifically are we being selective?

-Slaxx

No, they're selective. You picked one specific player to apply one very specific opinion to to the exclusion of all the intelligent things you could have contributed.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by Ethos »

Quil, Idher, go back and read our tells and tell us what you think of them. I'm specifically interested in the Oversoul tell which is a tell I think Quilford agreed with.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by Quilford »

Ythan wrote:
Quilford wrote:Ythan: I don't care. Draw a conclusion.

I drew a conclusion and included him in my three scumreads. Did you make it that far?

Why did you not post this in your original reply?

ninja'd
Ethos: will do
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Ethos »

God Ythan give me specifics. Quote me, tell me why you believe the thought process is incorrect.

-Slaxx
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Ythan »

Quilford wrote:
Ythan wrote:
Quilford wrote:Ythan: I don't care. Draw a conclusion.

I drew a conclusion and included him in my three scumreads. Did you make it that far?

Why did you not post this in your original reply?

ninja'd
Ethos: will do

Because it's
obvious
? He placed the latest vote on a wagon then backed off it with the explanation that it was moving too fast for his liking. How many interpretations of that can you make. It was clearly a criticism and I'm awaiting his response.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:God Ythan give me specifics. Quote me, tell me why you believe the thought process is incorrect.

-Slaxx

Yeah I JUST quoted like four posts I had made at you from before this all blew up. It is inconceivable that you have this much trouble keeping up. You're obfuscating, and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Just got worked in Altitude booo

Ethos wrote:It's probably easier to go through the system I'm attempting to use here, it's as follows:
a) Make notes on a sticky notepad while reading through the thread. b) Bring up these notes when having a discussion with Slaxx, find out what reads we share and where we have disagreements. c) Once the exact post has been discussed I attempted to delete it from the notepad with the exclusion of impossible scum-teams which I move to our Hydra QT for later usage. d) Proceed to posting the reads we both share agreement on in-thread.

This amounts to post # do not like.

no.

Ythan wrote:Oh I see.

You can't read.

I apologize for my tone then.

Please no learn to reads it makes me sad

Ythan wrote:SpyreX: what's your read on Ythan?

I'm pretty confident that regardless of whats going on here in the grandiose scope ythan is town as town can be.

AN INTERESTING TIDBIT OOOU:

Our reads are not rock solid, if they were we would be yelling for everyone to unvote Para however I believe it's needed to mention them as we attain them.

Ythan, I speak in absolutes a lot man, you know this.

How quickly the tides turn
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:1. Activity as in the activity you were discussing, not his posting frequency.
2. No, see, you're lying. And you're framing it as something on which we can't hope to come to an agreement so you can avoid supporting it.
3. You're disagreeing with my reasonable logic.

1. There's no exaggeration done whatsoever, I've openely stated that the town-read on him isn't strong.
2. I'm not doing anything of the sort, I've said I find it unreasonable to believe that Overs actions against Idha make him likely to be mafia at all as I believe mafia would avoid claiming resposibility for a town lynch and I don't see him bussing that manner. You're saying I can't believe that which is where the issue is formed.
3. There we go again, because I disagree with your opinion that must result in us being, scum. Your logic is impeccable.

SpyreX, you've just quoted two differents heads posts and attempted to call that a contradiction.

Regfan.
(Ythan, Slaxx isn't "Having trouble keeping up", I've requested for him to let me reply to you because right now he's incredibly ticked of by the fact you're continuing to ignore everything we're saying)
Îdher
Îdher
Goon
Îdher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by ├Ädher »

'll answer Ethos even though they neglect the circumflex. The Oversoul tell is null to me. It's a noobtell, non-alignment specific. But I didn't go OMG THAT SHIT IS CUHRAZY when you posted it.

Oversoul is probably town anyway, though.

Answer me, Quil.

-Amrun
Amrun + Ether hydra.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Ythan »

I'm not playing the "repeat the same shit over and over to stubborn scum" game. Lynches don't require unanimity. They require a majority. I don't need to convince you to self-vote to get rid of you. Everyone else can read your posts.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Quilford »

Îdher wrote:Quilford: So are you saying one of them is scum? Which one, and why?

-Amrun

They're doing an excellent job at eliciting emotional responses from each other and I see no reason for town players to do that

I want Parabollocks and Hiraki to answer their questions before I go any further in this vein though.

Ethos wrote:Quil, Idher, go back and read our tells and tell us what you think of them. I'm specifically interested in the Oversoul tell which is a tell I think Quilford agreed with.

Ethos wrote:2. Oversouls claimage over the ownership of the Idher wagon reads as a town-tell, I don't see scum openely taking responsibility as an Idher town-flip would put them in an awful position, similary I don't see Oversoul bussing Idher.

So I really don't think Oversoul 'claimed' anything. With the 'w00t!' in front of the 'claim' it reads less like "oh I started that wagon I want due credit" and more like "hey I'm a noob and I did something right for once".

Ythan wrote:...

Because it's
obvious
? He placed the latest vote on a wagon then backed off it with the explanation that it was moving too fast for his liking. How many interpretations of that can you make. It was clearly a criticism and I'm awaiting his response.

Wait what

First you said you couldn't answer because he hasn't posted since then

now you say it's obvious?
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan, I just addressed all of the points you brought up earlier about why you believed we were mafia, disproved them and and now you're honestly attempted to quit arguing, really. Alright, I too am heading of for the night Statistics exam I need to study for. I'm going to leave a list of our reads so Ythan can poorly attempt to tear them apart while I'm gone.

Town:
Swag, Idher, SpyreX, T-Bone, Oversoul, Parabollocks.
Null:
Dramonic, Knight, Hiraki, Quilford, Tripod, Chair, Kunkstar
Mafia:
Kayne, TheMask
Uncertain:
Ythan (I say badtown, Slaxx is yelling scum.)

Regfan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Ythan »

Quilford wrote:They're doing an excellent job at eliciting emotional responses from each other and I see no reason for town players to do that
Town doesn't know town is town.

Quilford wrote:First you said you couldn't answer because he hasn't posted since then

now you say it's obvious?

I never said I couldn't answer it. You asked me to do something with my question and I said he hadn't been on. You asked for how it related to my read and I told you, as if it wasn't plain enough to begin with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

After showing me the five step plan to posting I literally get arguing out of both sides of the mouth is a-ok cause hydra maaan

If not for cart-before-horse paranoia I'd leap from the rafters buttt Ythan what do you think of para-ethos?

Quilford wrote:
They're doing an excellent job at eliciting emotional responses from each other and I see no reason for town players to do that

I want Parabollocks and Hiraki to answer their questions before I go any further in this vein though.

If they are both town they wouldn't know the other is so this logic doesn't really make sense?

Preview Edit OHH MAN

Kunk of 2 posts is null and Mask of three is scum are you SERIOUS

WELP

Unvote, Vote: Ethos
Show

Proud member of BaM
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:disproved them
This is THE worst kind of misinformed egotistical play. Please don't come back and post more this time.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Ythan »

SpyreX wrote:If not for cart-before-horse paranoia I'd leap from the rafters buttt Ythan what do you think of para-ethos?

I haven't looked at relationships like that yet. I can though.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

For me its 100% that bizarro world Para town because I would have made that vote on #36 from KKB business.

I freely admit its not deeper than that
Show

Proud member of BaM
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by Ythan »

I have scumreads on both of them. Para has not mentioned Ethos. Ethos has discussed Para as far as calling a town read I don't really buy.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Hiraki I see as slightly scummy just for his general attitude towards the game . I have Hikari and Spyrex as possible scum buddies because of their relative lack of communication yet continual support from Spyrex. Also, Hikari seems to be pretty much following along what other people say. He unvoted me after Ythan proposed a plausible statement of "implausible" as well as changed his mind when Idher said he believed Swag. He seems to act too flippy floppy and I would not mind a lynch on either him or Spyrex.

Ythan... I don't even know how to read. I am completely stumped. He seems mainly interested in arguing rather than the reason for arguing. I'll put him as town, but his dumb mason test makes it sound really scummy. Why would another town want masons to softclaim?

Parablocks I have as a town. 126 indicates that he cares about not being mislynched. At the early in the game, I don't think a scum would really care that someone started to /lean/ towards them. He shrugged when the pressure was put onto him and didn't really give adequate reasons for voting me other than saying my actions were unnecessary.

Sorry this took so long write up. I'm new at this and I hadn't really been paying attention to the thread.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Quilford »

@Ythan: whaaatever this is clearly something we're going to disagree about for all eternity

@Regfan: explain how you've deduced The Mask mafia

Let me rephrase:
Ythan, you're town, right? Why do you post stuff like
Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:You are literally trying to through flak at me every opportunity you get.

Fucking cry about it. I'm criticizing your actions. If you don't like it go to Neopets or something.

and
Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:The crux of your reasoning

Oh I see.

You can't read.

?

SpyreX I do not understand that post rephrase please
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Quilford »

Oversoul wrote:I have Hikari and Spyrex as possible scum buddies because of their relative lack of communication yet continual support from Spyrex.

I think you may have gotten some players' names mixed up here. Correct please?

Reading the rest of your post now.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Ythan »

Had he been a mason it would have excused some part of his suspicious play. I did not reveal the purpose of my questioning, or that it related to masons in any capacity, until he made it completely obvious that he had no idea what I was getting at.

You just used 126 as support for Para being town? Because he asked for reasons why he was being suspected? That is a huge stretch to chalk something up in his favor.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Quilford »

Also SpyreX thoughts on Hiraki please
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Ythan »

Quilford wrote:@Ythan: whaaatever this is clearly something we're going to disagree about for all eternity

@Regfan: explain how you've deduced The Mask mafia

Let me rephrase:
Ythan, you're town, right? Why do you post stuff like
Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:You are literally trying to through flak at me every opportunity you get.

Fucking cry about it. I'm criticizing your actions. If you don't like it go to Neopets or something.

and
Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:The crux of your reasoning

Oh I see.

You can't read.

?

SpyreX I do not understand that post rephrase please

Why am I not being nice as town? Is that what you're asking?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sure:

4. Parabollocks intial post #36 we read as a town-tell because it's where I would have placed my vote as well mainly due to Kaynes continual filler and fluff posts look bad. His recent backpedalling to a degree reads as very off though the speed of the bandwagon and his reaction towards it reads as geninuely frustrated town.

This quote makes SO little sense to me my brain goes "Welp, Para and Ethos are scum together and Para is some kind of super juiced PR that they've got to save because otherwise why in the hell would you do this?"

I think you may have gotten some players' names mixed up here. Correct please?

Reading the rest of your post now.

No I see what he's saying (and in the grandiose scheme of things it makes me laaaaugh):

Its the fact I'm fairly confident in the gutmeat about Hiraki being town.

You know like certain players leaping from the trees to call him town (who are then town as far as he's concerned)
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”