SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by SpyreX »

1.) Its the simple fact you've went ohhh 36 is a good solid town vote because of the streams of fluff and then showed your notes that are one post of don't like at that point.
2.) I'm not prescient and can't read your
scum
mason
hydra QT so what in the hell. You said these are the reads and their based on....rollerblades?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Ythan »

It's a scum qt, he claimed not-mason.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Ethos »

Oh Jesus fucking christ now spyrex is even being snarky.

This has escalated out of control. Idk about reg but I am done arguing until we get some fresh thoughts in here. We can bring it up after some new people add to the discussion. Night guys.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I know I'm being smarmy that whole "what a joke" comment got me in a tither a bit.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Ythan »

There is minimal snark in this thread. Ethos's active head is just super whining about every little thing and failing to engage in any sort of real dialogue about his actions.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:It's a scum qt, he claimed not-mason.

Tsk.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Ethos »

SpyreX wrote:1.) Its the simple fact you've went ohhh 36 is a good solid town vote because of the streams of fluff and then showed your notes that are one post of don't like at that point.
2.) I'm not prescient and can't read your
scum
mason
hydra QT so what in the hell. You said these are the reads and their based on....rollerblades?

It's probably easier to go through the system I'm attempting to use here, it's as follows:
a) Make notes on a sticky notepad while reading through the thread. b) Bring up these notes when having a discussion with Slaxx, find out what reads we share and where we have disagreements. c) Once the exact post has been discussed I attempted to delete it from the notepad with the exclusion of impossible scum-teams which I move to our Hydra QT for later usage. d) Proceed to posting the reads we both share agreement on in-thread.

Ythan wrote:Glasses to, what, show me where I'm calling you scum because we disagree on logic? Are they some kind of zany cardboard things out of the back of a comic book? Your inability to even reference the real reason you've being attacked is bad news.

I believed you were attempted to reference #218, my apologies, from a look-over I would assume you're referencing #220. If this is the case, please quote it in the future. The crux of your reasoning behind suspecting us stems from a disagreement of reads where you believe it's illogical or implausiable that we could believe what we currently do, so yes it does come done to logic disagreements.

Regfan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:Idk about reg but I am done arguing until we get some fresh thoughts in here.

When you don't follow through with things like this it just looks like you want an excuse to stop posting.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:The crux of your reasoning

Oh I see.

You can't read.

I apologize for my tone then.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:Idk about reg but I am done arguing until we get some fresh thoughts in here.

When you don't follow through with things like this it just looks like you want an excuse to stop posting.

Its 1 fucking AM.

I have an appointment at 9 AM.

We're going nowhere with this. IF I wanted an excuse to stop posting, I would have said "I'm done" or "Whatever" or something dismissing.

I DID NOT SAY THAT. I said this is going in circles, lets wait for some fresh thoughts. You are literally trying to through flak at me every opportunity you get.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Ythan »

Some posts.

Spoiler:
Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:1. Sways eagerness to get the game started and constant observation of the thread as shown in post #23 reads as a town-tell. Mafia would have no instant need to rush into the gamestart as they would be much more interested in discussing thoughts and tactics in the mafia QT. I don't find his L-1 vote a scum-tell purely due to his lack of experience.

2. Oversouls claimage over the ownership of the Idher wagon reads as a town-tell, I don't see scum openely taking responsibility as an Idher town-flip would put them in an awful position, similary I don't see Oversoul bussing Idher.

1. You're exaggerating his activity and framing it as townish when there is no reason to take it that way.
2. You're making assumptions that you have no reason to be making.

Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:2. Uh, no. What scum newbie comes in, RVSs someone, sees a bandwagon has formed on that player, and then totes about it. That isn't scum behavior at all.

And you think it's town behavior? Just because it would be dumb for scum doesn't mean it's town. It's null at best.

Ythan wrote:Ethos is speaking in ridiculous absolutes imo.

Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:For now Parabollocks can you provide links to your offsite scum-games.

Specifying only scum games invalidates what you are pretending to be doing here btw.

Ethos wrote:
Ythan wrote:Ethos is speaking in ridiculous absolutes imo.

What was the point of this post?

To criticize you for using ridiculous absolutes. Selective ones, as Spyre contributed.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Quilford »

Chair: your five contentless posts annoy me. Could you please elaborate on your reads; there was much you could've said when you made your most recent post.

Slaxx: your perspective on Parabollocks?

Hiraki: what was the point of your Parabollocks vote when you unvoted in your very next post? Why did you want to lynch off his wagon?

kunkstar: what's your updated read on Swag?

Oversoul: quick summary of your reads on Hiraki, Ythan and Para please

Ythan: your post here failed to conclude anything. Finish the task please.

Para: what do you think of the people voting you? Do you think your vote is still on a useful player? If so, why? If not, can you move it to somewhere where it can be more productive?

SpyreX: what's your read on Ythan?

Swag: how is Parabollocks trying to "cover himself up"? Update your reads with explanations.

T-Bone: why is your vote still on Chair?

UT: reads on Hiraki, Ethos and Ythan as well as an updated read on Parabollocks would be nice

Idher: is there a reason you're not voting? Do you think either Ythan or Ethos is particularly scummy?

holy shit so many ninjas

I'll answer as many of these that are relevant to me soon as well
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:You are literally trying to through flak at me every opportunity you get.

Fucking cry about it. I'm criticizing your actions. If you don't like it go to Neopets or something.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Ythan »

Quilford wrote:Ythan: your post here failed to conclude anything. Finish the task please.

He hasn't posted since then.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan, I speak in absolutes a lot man, you know this. Think about when I was in your nightless game. I had solidifed town reads and I used PoE to get lynches. (yes lol one of the town reads was scum) but thats just how I play man. I get as many town reads as I can on day 1. I am not good with scum tells. You know that, if you had read your modded game you would know I start with town and work my way down, and that I trust my town reads. You would also see that every now and then I get one wrong. This might be the case, idk. But to call me scum for that is silly.

You get what im saying?
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:
Ethos wrote:You are literally trying to through flak at me every opportunity you get.

Fucking cry about it. I'm criticizing your actions. If you don't like it go to Neopets or something.

Go fuck yourself Ythan, there was no need for this at all.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

You're using selective and ridiculous absolutes. And that's one part of why I'm calling you scum.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:
Ythan wrote:

Go fuck yourself Ythan, there was no need for this at all.

Well you won't quit trying to frame my play against your slot in whatever bullshit way you choose to as an attempt to undermine me without addressing me. So yeah fcai.
Îdher
Îdher
Goon
Îdher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by ├Ädher »

Quil: Yes.

No, though Ythan is townier than Ethos.

Their argument iis going nowhere.

-Amrun
Amrun + Ether hydra.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Quilford »

ethos sign your posts all the time please

Ythan: I don't care. Draw a conclusion.

I would be surprised if neither Ythan nor Ethos were scum at this point

also cut out the fucking insults. it doesn't make for pleasant reading and it's not getting us ANYWHERE
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Ythan »

Quilford wrote:Ythan: I don't care. Draw a conclusion.

I drew a conclusion and included him in my three scumreads. Did you make it that far?
Îdher
Îdher
Goon
Îdher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by ├Ädher »

Quilford: So are you saying one of them is scum? Which one, and why?

-Amrun
Amrun + Ether hydra.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:1. You're exaggerating his activity and framing it as townish when there is no reason to take it that way.
2. You're making assumptions that you have no reason to be making.

1. We never mentioned his activity and we've explained our reasoning behind our read on him.
2. We've already discussed this and it boils down to a different opinion on logical conclusions that can be drawn or not.
Ythan wrote:And you think it's town behavior? Just because it would be dumb for scum doesn't mean it's town. It's null at best.

This is the defintion of disagreement on reasonable logic.
Ythan wrote:Specifying only scum games invalidates what you are pretending to be doing here btw.

I've read his town-games, as I've said I played in one therefore the only meta I was missing was a scum-game.

Regfan.
(All mine have been signed except for #214, #218 and #223, the rest are Slaxxs.)
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Ethos »

Ythan wrote:You're using selective and ridiculous absolutes. And that's one part of why I'm calling you scum.

They are selective to you, not me. I'm totally up for the fact that I might be wrong, but don't think I am. I use ridiculous absolutes a lot, its just what I do. Yeah, its self meta, but its what I do. You can literally look back at any of my recent games and see that I have adapted a new strategy of committing to town reads and lynching based on PoE in the non-town read pool. It happened in nightless. From my point of view, it looks like you are calling me scum because I am wrong. And I realize that some of those tells were stretches but they were literally from pregame to our current page we were on before this started. So yeah, some of the tells would be stretches at first. Its the beginning of the game, so its to be expected. What specifically is scummy about the selective absolutes? Where specifically are we being selective?

-Slaxx
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ethos wrote:1. We never mentioned his activity and we've explained our reasoning behind our read on him.
Activity as in the activity you were discussing, not his posting frequency.
2. We've already discussed this and it boils down to a different opinion on logical conclusions that can be drawn or not.
No, see, you're lying. And you're framing it as something on which we can't hope to come to an agreement so you can avoid supporting it.
This is the defintion of disagreement on reasonable logic.
You're disagreeing with my reasonable logic.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”