Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Incognito wrote:bvoigt <-> Pine seems like nothing more than a semantics disagreement. That said, I don't see what Trip and Green Crayons are seeing about Pine's "slip"; I don't think Pine's use of the word "if" there is exactly the same way Trip has described it.

What I was trying to say was that it makes it seem like it was less of a slip as the 'slip' sentence was following from his "IF" scenario... however, I now realize that he was referring to camn's previous suggestions of name claiming when she was town in another game. So now I believe I misunderstood what he said, and that affects my opinion on him... but I'm not ruling out that it wasn't a slip. And finally, his actions remind me of a player from the last game I played who threatened to replace out due to ill-treatment even though there is no evidence of personal attacks... that player was scum. Also his actions after that are not helping my opinion of him. So, in short, my initial reason for finding him scummy has somewhat slightly been negated ;) , however I'm not taking him off my list just yet in this early stage of the game, even though he shares a similar view of Incognito that I have. And, like I said in my earlier post, it's partly a gut thing.

No takers or comments on my 'case' for bvoigt in my post #92? Oh, well.

And... MehPlusRawr... huh?! I guess you're catching up then? :)
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:24 am

Post by camn »

Pine wrote:Further, I find Camn's reaction to my suspicion even MORE scummy than my initial reasons.

Ooh, fun!

Since you are ignoring my dare still, can you explain exactly what scum motivation I have for whatever scummy 'reactions' you might have seen?
Maybe just point out exactly what you think is scummy? That might help us, the poor mental incompetents of this town.
If you use small words to explain..
maybe
we will be able to follow your
incredible insight!

I will admit..... it has been SO DIFFICULT to keep up with the amazing workings of your mind so far! Please! Guide us!

(i have fun)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:28 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Mod

Spoiler:
Re: last vote count, Camn only has two voters

Fixed. Thanks. ~iPie
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:Yes, I found Camn's play scummy, most noticeably in the stunningly anti-Town suggestion of a massclaim.

And he
still
can't explain what about it makes her more likely to be scum.

TripMyWire wrote:2. bvoigt stands out to me as somewhat suspicious due to his near-immediate sheeping of Incognito's votes. Incognito votes me, bvoigt votes me. Incognito votes camn, bvoigt votes camn in his next post. Incognito votes Haylen, bvoigt votes Haylen. camn then points this out and bvoigt immediately votes someone else. Hmmmm. May not be a scumtell, but when it's pointed out that he's sheeping he asks camn to elaborate, but within that same post he switches it to someone else without waiting for an answer. Almost seems like he was caught being naughty, doing something he knew he shouldn't have been doing.

I did happen to follow Incognito's votes, but he was bringing up the most information early in the game. Then, since you and camn explained yourself well, I voted Haylen, but the reasons were not the same as Incognito's. My reasons for suspecting Pine were stronger than my Haylen suspicions, so I switched to him.

BTW, with the exception of Green Crayons-town, TripMyWire hasn't taken any strong stances this game. He uses qualifier-like phrases to keep his options open:

TripMyWire wrote:3. The thing that stood out to me the most so far this game, however, was Pine's opening post.
Pine wrote:I don't care if you did it as Town. Mass nameclaiming at this point in the day is an anti-Town suggestion. Don't ever do that as Town again.
When I first read it I thought I caught a whiff of scum due to the content as well as the tone. The last sentence initially struck me as some kind of a slip... and it just doesn't sit right with me.
The more I think about it, however, the less scummy I feel with it
... mostly because of the way that quote started saying "IF you did it as Town." It's just kind of a gut thing at the moment.

TripMyWire wrote:
Incognito wrote:bvoigt <-> Pine seems like nothing more than a semantics disagreement. That said, I don't see what Trip and Green Crayons are seeing about Pine's "slip"; I don't think Pine's use of the word "if" there is exactly the same way Trip has described it.

What I was trying to say was that it makes it seem like it was less of a slip as the 'slip' sentence was following from his "IF" scenario... however, I now realize that he was referring to camn's previous suggestions of name claiming when she was town in another game. So now I believe I misunderstood what he said, and that affects my opinion on him... but
I'm not ruling out that it wasn't a slip
. [snip]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Incognito »

I'm actually liking bvoigt so far; the thing he pointed out in his post 100 about Haylen was something I was thinking as well along with some of the "qualifier" stuff he pointed out recently about Trip too. I'm stunned that Green Crayons apparently has a town read on Trip; Trip seems flat-out neutral maybe even leaning slightly scummy if anything.

I no longer have a problem with Pine; I'm beginning to think he's likely town.

@Magua:
I noticed you voted Peregrine for "terribad posting" but you yourself never commented on what you thought of that Haylen-stuff I mentioned. Did you just disagree with it or something?

Medicated Lain, Battle Mage, MehPlusRawr: sometime this year would be nice.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Incognito »

Yo, GC, since nobody else asked, what's up with the Battle Mage vote anyway?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Magua »

Incognito wrote:
@Magua:
I noticed you voted Peregrine for "terribad posting" but you yourself never commented on what you thought of that Haylen-stuff I mentioned. Did you just disagree with it or something?

I simply found it to be uncompelling. Forcing justifications for RVS votes, or saying that someone needs to react to RVS votes in the same manner as they acted 9 months ago, isn't a good tell.

Whereas Peregrine doesn't post content, agrees with you that the Haylen meta case is good, but then when called on it by Green Crayons says, "No, it's pretty weak"...but then doesn't do anything or even acknowledge or comment on the camn/Pine brouhaha. All he does is correct the votecount.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 am

Post by TripMyWire »

bvoigt wrote:
BTW, with the exception of Green Crayons-town, TripMyWire hasn't taken any strong stances this game.

It's still kinda early and there are several people that haven't said much, and one not at all... I'm hesitant to focus on a few people so early when there are many others we still need to learn about... also I thought I was making it clear that I was definitely leaning in Pine's direction as to which person is scummiest to me so far.
Incognito wrote:along with some of the "qualifier" stuff he pointed out recently about Trip too.

I think I know what you guys mean by 'qualifier' posts... but before I make myself look more foolish, can you explain it to me?
You can call me Trip.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Magua- lol sorry, you are right.

Pine and Camn are really expressing their opinions in a manner I find intriguing. For example, I feel Pine is town, although his playstyle is very tempermental, and he takes offense and finds fault easily, and translates that into meaning they are scum, which is not necessarily so. Camn is doing an outstanding job of scumhunting and presenting her cases as they arise.
I find both equally capable players, and as of yet do not find either to be candidates for the mafia team.

Re: Pine/Camn: They'll work it out eventually. Meanwhile, they are providing more data for later use.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Incognito »

Trip, qualifiers are the things bvoigt bolded in his last post. It's like you'll say something about someone but then add something that completely counterbalances the thing you said about the person.

For example, if I said something like "Haylen is obvscum" (which, I should add, she pretty much is) but then added something at the end of it like "but I can understand why she might do that as town" that'd be a qualifier.

It's like you're trying to avoid stepping on people's toes.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

according to the scum-quicktopic i have been prodded. Consider me back on the case!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Haylen wrote:~ I've witnessed BM intentionally lurk as scum, by the way.

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN!? Sly Haylen, sly!

I think Pine could be scum.

Unvote, Vote: Pine

still reading...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

i changed my mind! PeregrineV is scum. If necessary i shall provide reasoning tomorrow.
Unvote, Vote: PeregrineV

The pine blow-up feels more like town than scum. he's just a kid with a dream.

[quote="Haylen"]BM is giving me tingly feelings, will keep an eye on that.

Pervert.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Medicated Lain is also scum. the "digging for gold where there was none" seems to put the emphasis not on the action of digging for gold, but on the (unfortunate?) fact that there was no role to be fished. Every cloud has a silver lining eh? Nice to see another mislynch lined up.

GreenCrayons, where are you taking me on our next date? ;)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by camn »

Nice of you to join us.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Us? There's only you and i here! I think after i've been prodded, more than 12 hours without a post is unacceptable.
lets lynch the last person to post from NOW

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Yes, let's. :nerd:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

holy hasdgfas that was quick! Before i remove my vote, would you like to explain in 20 words or more, why you feel Camn is town in this game?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:43 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Incognito wrote:Trip, qualifiers are the things bvoigt bolded in his last post. It's like you'll say something about someone but then add something that completely counterbalances the thing you said about the person.

Gotcha. Yeah, I totally had that definition wrong.
Incognito wrote:For example, if I said something like "Haylen is obvscum" (which, I should add, she pretty much is)

I never got a scummy vibe from her so I've been looking into this. You're saying she's obviously scum because of the inconsistency you pointed out with another game? I kind of mentioned it earlier, but at first I had a feeling from your posts that you were trying to toss out ideas to see what would stick... and then you rolled dice for your decision. Also, Haylen's "bandwagon" on you at the beginning was obviously not serious, but you reacted it to as if it were. I really don't believe there is anything scummy in the inconsistency you are basing your case on... I only read town things from Haylen and your belief that she's obvscum surprises me. Or am I taking the definition of 'obvscum' too seriously?
Unvote, Vote: Incognito

Green Crayons wrote:This here makes me feel like Trip is the most probable town player because the description of his reaction to Pine describes my own almost to a T.

So... you think I'm 'the most probable town player' because I agree with you? I get what you're saying, but to declare that I'm the most probable town player with that as your reason kinda surprises me.
You can call me Trip.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:21 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Prodding Medicated Lain.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:28 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Mage- Camn is currently holding a place as "neither town nor scummy" in my list, but I do like the activity level, as it gives more info. And this tends to lean town to me (depending on what is said, and how it's said also, of course).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:38 am

Post by camn »

My activity level is high regardless of alignment, as you know from our recent scumgame, Peregrine.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Yeah, that's why I can't fully place you town. :)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:16 am

Post by camn »

Seems hardly worth mentioning, no?

(ps: for crayons- Pere recently replaced in as my scumpartner where I, without question, played my best scumgame of all time.)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Hmm ok peregrine, lets try a different tack. Can you name the 3 people you believe are completely and totally above suspicion today?
Also, Medicated Lain, when you show up, please tell me exactly why Bvoigt isnt dead yet.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”