DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:20 am

Post by HezLucky »

AurorusVox wrote:This isn't my scum meta in the slightest. Don't know where you got that from Toast.

Reg: So sure I'm scum but where's the vote? Scum.

Vi defended me when I was town and she was scum in txtMafia. But she's like the only person I agree with right now so I don't even know.
SpyreX is town. Ooba is town.

Hez + possibly MoI are the scum pushing my wagon, apparently Katsuki has hidden towntells? Completely don't know why Kat's voting me though.

Did you even read the past page and a half? You're scum guilty of skimming.

I'm not going to nuke you, because I fully expect you to be DEAD BEFORE ME.

SpyreX wrote:Protip: This didn't start with you saying you were going to nuke me. That was icing on the cake.

I don't understand. I mean, I understand the part about "Hez is going to cause so much damage" starting before I suggested nuking you, but I don't understand how that answers the question (specifically because YOU QUOTED THE QUESTION and gave a response to a different question)
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

IF THIS STARTED NOT AS ME TRYING TO KEEP YOU FROM NUKING ME THEN ITS NOT A MATTER OF SELF PRESERVATION NOW IS IT.

GOD
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 am

Post by HezLucky »

but

a) I've said that I'd consider nuking you and only you.
b) You aren't even convinced I'm scum (as by your post on the previous page)
and
c) I've clearly calmed down a bit in the past few days and stopped ZOMFG RAGE that started tihs business to begin with.

And you're still voting for me. Quite self-preservationist.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 am

Post by AurorusVox »

HezLucky wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:This isn't my scum meta in the slightest. Don't know where you got that from Toast.

Please link me to posts where someone has used meta as a reason for finding me scummy.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 am

Post by HezLucky »

AurorusVox wrote:
HezLucky wrote:

Please link me to posts where someone has used meta as a reason for finding me scummy.

I quoted your whole post as a response to you, not that specific point.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Magua »

Vi wrote:B4574rD Br05 came under fire and replaced out of a high-pressure game without warning. His replacement did nothing to look better.

Now let's swap that name out for Zhero and see if those two sentences still make sense.

1) Zhero's posts were crap, but Zhero was never under fire. To the best of my knowledge, no one even threatened to nuke him.

2) Town replace out too.

So, no. Not seeing it.

@AurorusVox:
Who's scum besides HezLucky?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 am

Post by AurorusVox »

HezLucky wrote:I quoted your whole post as a response to you, not that specific point.

Okay, you want to talk about the whole post then.
What do you make of Toasty talking about meta when the only player to mention meta has said it's not my scum or my town meta?
What do you make of Reg sounding sure I'm scum but not voting for me?
You don't like my reads I assume.
I've not been skimming. Is that comment something to do with Katsuki?

@Magua: Graded scumlist;

Hez
Regfan

Swift Justice

MoI (possibly)

Vi (potentially, as she's buddied/white knighted me very successfully in the past)

(Waiting on an explanation from Toasty about his latest post too)
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:42 am

Post by ToastyToast »

I'm trying to find it. There's a possibility I'm confusing myself due to multiple [redacted]
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Regfan »

Finally fully caught up. Toogs claim reads as town, I'm finding it difficult seeing scum aim for something told is an instant lynch and then openly claiming it in the thread. As frustrating as Pookys play has been so far I don't see any way that he would have planned on continuing with this persona throughout the entire game knowing that it's likely to lead to players nuking him. Everyone who is currently or plan on voting Hez can you explain what makes you believe scum would openly claim to revenge-kill players as early as Defcon 4.

AV wrote: Reg: So sure I'm scum but where's the vote? Scum.

I don't vote until I'm completly caught up with the thread. You also realize the contradiction in this post, right? You're attacking me for not placing a vote while claiming me scum and witholding your vote.

Town (Strongest to Weakest):
Mina, SDC, Toogeloo, Toasty, Gamma, Katsuki, Magua, SpyreX, Ludi, Hez, Pooky.
Null:
Vi, Swift Justice, Socio, Ooba, MoI, inHim, Hind.
Scum (Stongest to Weakest):
RedCoyote, IS, AV, Dana, Gorilla, LLD.

Vote: RedCoyote
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Regfan wrote:
AV wrote: Reg: So sure I'm scum but where's the vote? Scum.

I don't vote until I'm completly caught up with the thread. You also realize the contradiction in this post, right? You're attacking me for not placing a vote while claiming me scum and witholding your vote.

Fair enough on wanting to wait, but you could have voted in the meanwhile. Meh. Not so scummy then.

Also it's not a contradiction. I'm voting Hez. Who's scummier than you.

"Why is he scummy?"
Because he's been trying to scare people off his lynch by raging at them. Apparently it would just be for PL'ers. But as soon as I called him scummy on it, he forgot all about PL'ers and went straight for my throat. He isn't being consistent with his words and actions, something I find very very scummy.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:55 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Hex wrote:Agreed. One of them is using meta to their advantage.
Vote: AurorusVox

saw this and misinterpreted it.

Mina wrote:VOTE: AurorusVox
FOS: Anyone voting for someone other than AurorusVox
It is incredible how easy he is to read.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Vi »

Magua 605 wrote:
Vi wrote:B4574rD Br05 came under fire and replaced out of a high-pressure game without warning. His replacement did nothing to look better.

Now let's swap that name out for Zhero and see if those two sentences still make sense.
1) Zhero's posts were crap, but Zhero was never under fire. To the best of my knowledge, no one even threatened to nuke him.

2) Town replace out too.

So, no. Not seeing it.
No kidding no one threatened to nuke him; he replaced out in like the beginning of DEFCON 4.
On the other hand, I called him out from my first post and certainly no one has DENIED his posts were bad.

Sure Townies replace out; they usually say something publicly about why.

AV 606 wrote:Vi (potentially, as she's buddied/white knighted me very successfully in the past)
I say you look better as a result of you vs. HezLucky and as a result I'm buddying/WKing you?
Pardonnez moi?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Regfan »

Vi, can you explain CSL's avoidance of posting in this thread. From what I can tell he hasn't even showed up here yet and it's not like he hasn't been online during the game as I've observed him post elsewhere on multiple occasions.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:18 am

Post by AurorusVox »

@Vi; Plus your most recent post to Mina.

I'm not saying that you're buddying or WK'ing me now, I'm saying that you've done it in the past so I'm wary in case this is the beginnings of the same thing.
Fool me once, etc. You can't tell me I should ignore what happened in txtMafia, surely.

---

@Mina: in SAIII where I was town, I drew a lot of early heat on D1, from Scum SpyreX and SK-hopeful-MoI, in particular. You read me as town then. I'm seeing parallels to that game...but no Mina townread? This upsets me.

Or was it Faraday that read me as town then?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@AV: would you plz link me a game with you as scum?

AV wrote:I'm pretty sure scum could just shut up and fly under the radar if they wanted. There's no incentive to talk for the sake of it.

Which is exactly what INTERNET STRANGER IS DOING.
I still don't like you using this as a defense. The incentive for scum to talk is to stay around. This "im not lurking, so im not scum" thing is bad.

Toogeloo wrote:
Magua wrote:Toog, Counterintelligence was your #1 choice, yes?

yes

Toog is town

AurorusVox wrote:That's two things.

lol

SpyreX wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3121742 <--- unless otherwise noted (such as you Toasty) this pretty much stands.
Zhero was a bastard?

So I can assume that you are more confident in your Hez-read. Thank you.

Mina wrote:Fake contribution is the rare scumtell that actually works.

So true. But one question: do you consider the setup speculation/role selection process to be fake contributions? I feel it WAS a necessary part of this type of game.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:42 am

Post by AurorusVox »

ToastyToast wrote:I still don't like you using this as a defense. The incentive for scum to talk is to stay around. This "im not lurking, so im not scum" thing is bad.

I never said "I'm not lurking, so I'm not scum." I'm saying that scum can feasibly just sit on their hands and wait for today to kick it up a notch, if they wanted, and no one would really care all that much. I mean you yourself said that it's difficult building cases during DEFCON 5 and 4. Couldn't scum have said the same and been done with it? I'm not even trying to relate this to me, I'm saying that thinking scum "talk for the sake of talking" is a bad assumption to make in this particular game when we've only just gotten to the voting stages and people have been making it known that they're struggling to do much with what they had. If there's a crowd for scum to try to blend into, why not that one?

Wiki
Take your pick, all my games scum and otherwise are on there.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

AurorusVox wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:I still don't like you using this as a defense. The incentive for scum to talk is to stay around. This "im not lurking, so im not scum" thing is bad.

I never said "I'm not lurking, so I'm not scum." I'm saying that scum can feasibly just sit on their hands and wait for today to kick it up a notch, if they wanted, and no one would really care all that much. I mean you yourself said that it's difficult building cases during DEFCON 5 and 4. Couldn't scum have said the same and been done with it? I'm not even trying to relate this to me, I'm saying that thinking scum "talk for the sake of talking" is a bad assumption to make in this particular game when we've only just gotten to the voting stages and people have been making it known that they're struggling to do much with what they had. If there's a crowd for scum to try to blend into, why not that one?

Wiki
Take your pick, all my games scum and otherwise are on there.

-twitch-

UNVOTE: VOTE: AutorusVox
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I'm failing to see where all these
"Toog taking CI = town"
reads are coming from.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Is everything I'm saying just digging the hole deeper? Am I really acting that scummy?
I'm asking that honestly because I'm town and if I'm just distracting everyone then I'll just shut up for a day or two so you can all decide who (other than me) you think is scum. I'll take the rope today if needed but first people need to look elsewhere because when I flip town you'll all realise that today has been a waste, since most of the people on my wagon have simply voted and haven't even explained it, so it's not like I (or anyone else) can even do a proper wagon analysis to see who I (etc.) think is scum or town.

@Katsuki, its because he claimed it without prompting. Guess scum could be ballsy with it but why not just not say anything at all?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Katsuki wrote:I'm failing to see where all these
"Toog taking CI = town"
reads are coming from.

Scum saying that would be trapping themselves.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Regfan wrote:As scummy as Hez may sound this is actually Town-Hez, read through Jungle Republic and you'll notice he gets very aggresive and vengful when FoS'ed or voted by another player. Really disliking the rest of the back-and-forth between AV and Hez on page 15, AV comes out of it looking quite bad.

I went through about half of his Very long iso there. And I saw a hell of a lot of reads and thought put into those reads, despite being wrong in a lot of them.
Whereas HERE I see him attacking anyone who's attacking him and then going after the other lead wagon with almost no mentions of people who aren't attacking him.

And I don't think that Hez and AV are scum together- This vote does not read like a bus vote:
Hez wrote:
LLD wrote:
I'm of the opinion that at least one of the people jockeying for the ability to lead town is scum.

I'll be watching SDC/IS/Pooky closely for this reason.

Agreed. One of them is using meta to their advantage.

Vote: AurorusVox

It reads like a "oh cool maybe I can not die today" vote.

Zhero on the other hand fits in REALLY NICELY with Hez-scum given Hez's "i think he's town WELL I GUESS THAT MEANS HE'S SCUM" but Hez needs to die first.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Magua »

AurorusVox wrote:Is everything I'm saying just digging the hole deeper? Am I really acting that scummy?

Do you think the people voting you are town? The tone of your post indicates that you do (that is, its something you are doing wrong, rather than scum trying to mislynch you).
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Gamma read the other half of my ISO in Open 302.

If you STILL think I'm scum you're just pathetic.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Magua are you even reading?
I've said that Hez (on my wagon) and Moi (on my wagon) are two scumpicks.
I've also said I'm suspicious of Katsuki but am a little put off by a supposed secret towntell.

I doubt all the scum are on my wagon, and I equally doubt that my whole wagon is scum (certainly true as there are more than five people voting me now I think).

I gather I'm making myself an easy target for scum by doing something wrong, i.e. scum can blend in because I'm a viable wagon due to town misreading me. For the life of me I can't tell you what it is I'm doing, since most people are neglecting to mention anything other than their vote.

---

Hez: thoughts on Magua?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by HezLucky »

No read yet on Magua, sorry.

I don't develop reads as quickly as the people of this generation, who go OMG HE POSTED ONCE HE'S TOWN/SCUM GUARANTEED.

I need to figure out how to do this, because they tend to be right more than I do. :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”