DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:20 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Mina wrote:Um...

Exactly whom are you defending yourself from? The town as a whole? I didn't even mention any of those points. For so early in the day, isn't this is a bit excessive?

Mina wrote:I'm just imagining the whole "set-up speculation for the sake of talking, fake scumhunting, and useless questions" vibe

AurorusVox wrote:
"For the sake of talking"

I'm pretty sure scum could just shut up and fly under the radar if they wanted. There's no incentive to talk for the sake of it.

"Set-up speculation"

Why is your promised-but-failed attempt at setup breaking any better than my attempt at neutering the usefulness of Sub?

"Fake scumhunting, and useless questions"

I questioned SJ because they were being (to use SDC's fave word) cheeky. All this "Oh I'm being sarcastic about you Mina" bullshit is cheeky because it's noise that doesn't stick to them. Their flipflopping between "Don't make my points look less than serious!" --> "It was a fucking joke" makes it impossible to pin them on anything they said about you there.

Mina wrote:Actually, now that you bring it up, I hated the sub thing, too. It's not an attempt at neuter the usefulness of Sub, because your plan was actually harmful to the town. (I mean...saying town shouldn't get the sub just so we know whether or not the submarine is definitely in scum hands? Having the sub and USING IT TO SHOOT OBVTOWN WHILE NOT CLAIMING IT is
more
of a scum claim.)

><" No, that wasn't what I was saying at all. I was saying that in my scenario, we WOULD KNOW scum had it, and so when it came to launch-time, anyone who launched a nuke but somehow didn't have their name attached to it, would be caught out. I.e. it would have made it impossible for scum to use the secret aspect of the daykill because to do so WOULD have been a scumclaim.

Mina wrote:It's almost so bad that it might be a towntell that you were
brave
enough to say it, but I hate how you backtracked the moment you got heat for it and said, "yeah, I wasn't expecting anyone to take me seriously, because it's just a pipe dream, so go for that submarine, town!").

Because I realised quickly how idealistic it was, and to debate it would have been a waste of time. A good idea in my head, but a bad idea in the thread.

Mina wrote:But I didn't even
mention
it in that post. So why are you trying to tie it to me not breaking the set-up?

You mentioned that you thought I was using set-up speculation as an excuse to talk. The Sub is the only real setup spec I've been doing.

Mina wrote:For the record, whatever you think of SJ, I can state with 100% certainty that he was not in the slightest attempting to be taken seriously with his "case" on me, if you know anything about Faraday's sense of humour. The "why aren't you taking me seriously" line was also dripping with scorn.
So are you still suspicious of his towntell of you? By making that joke post it totally deflected away from the issue you were trying to raise.

Mina wrote:And no incentive for scum to talk? Are you kidding me? Try not posting anything all game and see how long you live in DEFCON 1. That's exactly what scum try to do all the time: look like they're helping the town just to get their approval. Fake contribution is the rare scumtell that actually
works
So can you tell me without checking the activity counter who has been lurking through the previous couple of DEFCONs? I can't. In a Large surely it's easiest to attack the more visible people, especially when you could treat DEFCON 5 & 4 like a glorified pre-game stage.

Since lack of posting isn't a scumtell to you, what do you make of Magua saying he'll nuke the person with the lowest postcount?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:20 am

Post by AurorusVox »

/fail quote tags.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:22 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1, DEFCON 3 - Vote Count I - Another Day, Another International Crisis]

"War is a poor chisel to carve out tomorrow." --Martin Luther King Jr

[Votes]

AurorusVox
(5) - Magua, Toogeloo, HezLucky, Mina, MagnaofIllusion
danakillsu
(1) - Hinduragi
Gammagooey
(0)
gorilla
(0)
HezLucky
(4) - SpyreX, Gammagooey, AurorusVox, Lady Lambdadelta
Hinduragi
(0)
inHimshallibe
(0)
Internet Stranger
(1) - ToastyToast
Katsuki
(0)
Lady Lambdadelta
(0)
Magister Ludi
(0)
MagnaofIllusion
(0)
Magua
(0)
Mina
(0)
ooba
(0)
[PLAYERNAME] (Vi & CSL hydra)
(0)
PookyTheMagicalBear
(0)
RedCoyote
(0)
Regfan
(0)
Screaming Death Clan
(0)
SocioPath
(0)
SpyreX
(0)
Swift Justice
(0)
ToastyToast
(0)
Toogeloo
(0)

Not voting
(14) - danakillsu, gorilla, inHimshallibe, Internet Stranger, Katsuki, Magister Ludi, ooba, [PLAYERNAME] (Vi & CSL hydra), PookyTheMagicalBear, RedCoyote, Regfan, Screaming Death Clan, SocioPath, Swift Justice

[Activity]

The deadline is Monday, 27 June at 23:59 EST. Thirteen votes are required to lynch.
No prods currently needed.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Magua »

AurorusVox wrote:Since lack of posting isn't a scumtell to you, what do you make of
Magua
Magister Ludi saying he'll nuke the person with the lowest postcount?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 am

Post by AurorusVox »

^that.

Sorry Magua.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:29 am

Post by ooba »

Someone called? Lol ..

@Pooky: I don't do paragraphs - I think the best way to show you I'm a true American hero is sending a nuke in the scum's direction ..

Hinduragi wrote:
Vote: Dana

We've already got the first scum.

Magua needs to be nuked at Defcon 1.
So if Magua is the "first scum", why vote for Dana - why not lynch Magua right now?
Screaming Death Clan
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Screaming Death Clan »

fate's V/LA for GOOFBASH so we won't be posting as much BUT WE AGREED ON ONE THING

1) whoever took our airbase needs a goddamned nuke in the face
2) AV's wagon is sexy

Vote: AV
Show
RAGE INTO THE SUNSET

OUR GLORY WILL BE ETERNAL

Fate/Reck/SpyreX/Socio/Elli
If you see this sig, it's one of us.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:36 am

Post by AurorusVox »

That's two things.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Magua »

AurorusVox wrote:That's two things.

I'm so sad you're scum.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 am

Post by danakillsu »

vote: HezLucky

Glad to see we've got 4 blatantly pro-town players. It gives me a little faith in the American people.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Magua »

danakillsu wrote:
vote: HezLucky

Glad to see we've got 4 blatantly pro-town players. It gives me a little faith in the American people.

And who are these four?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Regfan »

Toasty wrote: Why is Socio a higher suspect for you than both LLD and Toog, if you have no posts to go off of? Also, what about my combination of scummy and townie posts places me in the scum list when compared to those of Dana and Ooba?

My scum-read on Socio was mostly gut-based something which I normally attempt to avoid doing which is why I wanted to go back and re-read it to see where exactly it comes from, not feeling anywhere near as certain as I was about him as scum now though. The scum-posts of yours overpowered the town ones at the time wheras Dana and Oobs didn't, the reads changed significantly since then though.

HezLucky wrote: Yay I am being policy-lynched. Beware of meta, folks. I'm very vengeful. (This does not apply to the scum on my future wagon -- nor
does this apply if I flip scum -- but any town who policy lynch me beware I WILL get my revenge)

As scummy as Hez may sound this is actually Town-Hez, read through Jungle Republic and you'll notice he gets very aggresive and vengful when FoS'ed or voted by another player. Really disliking the rest of the back-and-forth between AV and Hez on page 15, AV comes out of it looking quite bad.

Magua wrote: Regfan's being unusually reserved, which is meta-scummy. Same goes for gorilla, though I'm less solid on his meta.
1. Hez is more likely overcompensating scum trying to do a Fate imitation. 2. Toasty is town.

This implies that you know my scum-meta on forum mafia which if you did you would notice that I'm normally extremely vocal as scum early in the game and then suddenly drift of the radar with a decreasement in content posting somewhere around the middle of it. 1. Wrong. 2. Right.

Gamma wrote: Zhero's early posts look like words for the sake of having words and his iso 2 covers fail safe not working against the terrorist and sub being able to launch normally if needed, both of which seem like likely topics of interest for the scum QT.

I can agree with this very much.

Gorilla wrote: I thought Hez looked like a wounded gazelle being singled out, though admittedly I have no knowledge of his meta to know if he normally digs his own grave or not. AV reminded me of fish-slap mafia with his questioning of him in that way.

This is a blatant lie, you followed part of my Jungle Republic game in which Hez was town meaning you should have some knowledge of his meta.

RedCoyote wrote: This is a fair point, although I didn't like how the post started. Still, this is assuming lurkers would be taken out by those with nukes. A fair assumption, but an assumption nonetheless. Further, I agree that lurkers should deserve nuclear pressure and action if they fail to comply.

This is awful, awful reasoning if you openly state that lurkers will be nuked sure the scum-team are more likely to post more however it means that the likelihood of town being nuked over scum would be incredibly high. Not a good trade at all.

RedCoyote wrote: I've seen worse, but this is acceptable. Enough to keep you low on my death wish list, at least. I don't like the post numbers, because I have no idea what's moving you to read these people in this way without actually going back to look. I don't care enough to do so at the moment, but hopefully my willingness not to want you dead as any sort of priority will outweigh that. I have faith you'll comment more directly as the game moves on though.

Those were moreso notes for myself rather than anything else, I as previously stated planned on goign into far more depth but I'm still highly limited on time due to finals being in the next few days, a week from now however I will have no more commitments in which case I plan to devote this game the attention it deserves.

RedCoyote wrote: First off, just because Fate did something in Defcon 2.0 has no bearing on what he will or won't do this game. Second off, he could be scum. Sure, the scum wouldn't necessarily benefit from this power as much as town would, but there is still a third party here. Third, the scum should in no way be given a roadmap as to who is getting what power. The sole exception being Fail Safe, in which case Magua laid out a fairly strong case for it being unfavorable when compared with an active nuclear silo.

This is also wrong, you state that scum don't gain too much from this ability decreasing the chance they would go for it and then attempt to bring up the threat of a third party recieving it which is moot due to it being the most likely ability the terrorist will take with his free ability. Sure, we may not want scum to know who has which ability however with Air Base it doesn't make too much of a difference because they're still night-kill immune if they recieve it.

Alright, I'm up to page 21. Skimmed 21-24 but need to read them properly before I take anything from them. Going to head to do a practice test now but hopefully I can power through the rest of this thread when I get back. Summary of my reads and current thoughts are below:

AV is scum. Dana is leaning scum. Gamma is town. Gorilla is leaning scum. Hez is bad town. Hind is null. inHim is null. IS is scum. Kats is town. LLD is floating around null/scum. Ludi is town. MoI is null. Magua is leaning town. Mina is town. Ooba is null. Vi is null (Where is CSL?). Pooky is null. RedCoyote is leaning scum. SDC is town. Socio is null. SpyreX is town. Swift is null. Toasty is town. Toog is leaning scum.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Katsuki »

SILLY PANDA.

VOTE: AV
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

GOD IN HEAVEN

Hez is going to do bad things. Bad bad things. Yea he's not super awesome techno dance party scum but lord almighty give me this before the doom.

Since lack of posting isn't a scumtell to you, what do you make of Magua saying he'll nuke the person with the lowest postcount?

He's a hero of the highest order.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:59 am

Post by HezLucky »

Fine, I won't nuke you.

Jeez.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

I seriously trust scum to take a less damaging shot than ANY you'd take considering what you've professed thus far.

And that's IF you're town.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Vi »

Mina 518 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Mina 501 wrote:1) Vi still bothers me, but my case can be summarized as *twitch*. Hey, Vi, just curious, what are those other reasons you find MoI scum beyond his V/LA?
I never said Moai was scum for V/LA.
All of his posting up until then was weak.

I haven't actually paid attention to him since he came back. I need to re-organize my reads.
Um...maybe you completely missed what I was getting at. I'm on a phone and in proximity to Faraday, so I can't find the exact quote...but you'd said something along the lines of, "There are other reasons to find MoI scummy, but his inactivity is a null tell because of his V/LA." So I'm asking what those other reasons are.
ITT, you don't read my posts. Also on this subject, Moai 561 reads as "easy".

HezLucky 556 wrote:Do you want to lynch scum or do you want to lynch anti-town
[HezLucky]
?
:?

Mina 559 wrote:VOTE: AurorusVox

FOS: Anyone voting for someone other than AurorusVox

It is incredible how easy he is to read.
You'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

Mina 564 wrote:And Vi, can you please give one genuine emotional reaction to anything? It really is amazing. You keep being all protown and asking questions and giving reads...but you just look so damn insincere doing it. It throws me off.
No for a multitude of reasons, the top ones being this.
1) I'm already at a peak of being jaded and cynical right now due to events online and off.
2) In the rare times I do become emotional, it's almost always because I actively hate someone onsite. Not only is this unpleasant to experience but it carries over IRL as well. Mafia literally has been bad for my health.
3) Nobody has made me come to actively hate them (in this game) yet.

---

Vote: Internet Stranger
(L-11)
because Zhero was a B4574rD and I put more faith in that than the HezLucky and AurorusVox wagons.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:07 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@SpyreX: You've been vocal about your opinion on Hez, what do you think about the counter-wagon (AV)?

In fact, I myself have said very little about AV. It seems a lot of people are like "OMG THIS IS SCUM META," but I haven't actually finished a game with him in it, so I don't like to rely on it completely.
My biggest problem with AV atm is this "OH WOE IS ME!" attitude he's giving off. Its just a matter of deciding between upset scum or pissed off town.

I am liking Mina a lot now. In Defcon 5 and 4 she was really only half-present, but she's taken a very convincing stance on AV

PEDIT: I hope that isn't your real reason for voting IS, Vi
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:09 am

Post by SpyreX »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3121742 <--- unless otherwise noted (such as you Toasty) this pretty much stands.

Zhero was a bastard?
Show

Proud member of BaM
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:11 am

Post by HezLucky »

SpyreX wrote:I seriously trust scum to take a less damaging shot than ANY you'd take considering what you've professed thus far.

And that's IF you're town.

Why is your behaviour so self-preservationist?

My most recent suggestion was that I would only nuke you. Hell, I just looked at my ISO and completely forgot about my exchange with Magua.

But your self-preservationist behaviour is VERY interesting. Especially given that it started BEFORE we chose roles.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Magua »

HezLucky wrote:Fine, I won't nuke you.

Jeez.

That's too bad. I've been using your "I'm going to nuke you" posts as indicators as to who the town is.

Vi wrote:3) Nobody has made me come to actively hate them (in this game) yet.

As to your IS vote: I can see voting IS for something that Zhero did, but I don't get the link between Zhero and Bastard Bros.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:14 am

Post by HezLucky »

Magua wrote:
HezLucky wrote:Fine, I won't nuke you.

Jeez.

That's too bad. I've been using your "I'm going to nuke you" posts as indicators as to who the town is.

Fine I'll continue threatening nuking people, but I make no promises that it will actually happen.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:16 am

Post by AurorusVox »

This isn't my scum meta in the slightest. Don't know where you got that from Toast.

Reg: So sure I'm scum but where's the vote? Scum.

Vi defended me when I was town and she was scum in txtMafia. But she's like the only person I agree with right now so I don't even know.
SpyreX is town. Ooba is town.

Hez + possibly MoI are the scum pushing my wagon, apparently Katsuki has hidden towntells? Completely don't know why Kat's voting me though.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Vi »

ToastyToast 592 wrote:I am liking Mina a lot now. In Defcon 5 and 4 she was really only half-present, but she's taken a very convincing stance on AV
w^
*notices 573 for first time*
I'll look at it elsewhen.

Toast 592 wrote:PEDIT: I hope that isn't your real reason for voting IS, Vi
Mmmyesitis.

Magua 595 wrote:As to your IS vote: I can see voting IS for something that Zhero did, but I don't get the link between Zhero and Bastard Bros.
B4574rD Br05 came under fire and replaced out of a high-pressure game without warning. His replacement did nothing to look better.

Now let's swap that name out for Zhero and see if those two sentences still make sense.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 am

Post by SpyreX »

Why is your behaviour so self-preservationist?

Protip: This didn't start with you saying you were going to nuke me. That was icing on the cake.

Annnd AV's last post gives me pause.

GOD

----

AHHH a function of behavior not of actual people. Touche Vi. Touche.

Word
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”