Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:10 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Hrm...

Now, we have a VERY INTERESTING issue.

I'm a cop. I TOO investigated Aelyn. I recieved an INNOCENT result.

How many times did I say Aelyn was NOT the lynch today?
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:30 am

Post by Fiasco »

Now that is EVEN MORE interesting.
How many times did I say Aelyn was NOT the lynch today?
Exactly once.

LML, you'll have to admit that everything DG has said until now SCREAMS "I'm a cop with a guilty result on Aelyn". If he's a scum cop, he's prepared this very well. And it's pretty strange that it turns out you investigated the exact same person out of eleven possible targets.

My preferred explanation is that LML and Aelyn are scum together. Non-sane cops seem less likely, and a scummy DG also seems less likely.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:41 am

Post by Fiasco »

sorry for double-posting;
Fiasco wrote:If he's a scum cop
should have said "if he's a scum pretending to be a cop", obviously.

LML gets points for counterclaiming within an hour. On the other hand I don't see what DG did making much sense for a scum.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:41 am

Post by Don Gaetano »

To be honest the possibility that one of us is insane is quite high. I doubt that LML is scum, because the logical thing to do now IMHO opinion is to lynch Aelyn anyway, and why would LML put himself in the position of defending Aelyn with a claim if he knew that Aelyn would turn out to be scum.

It's extremely strange that both I and LML investigated the same person, but I still think that's the case. If Aelyn is innocent, then we have a huge problem, expecially since it could mean that someone would advocate lynching me tommorow, but I still think it's our best option.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:48 am

Post by Fiasco »

If one of you is non-sane, then we have no information about Aelyn that we didn't have before the claims. His death will give us possibly useful information, but he isn't more likely to be scum than he was before the claims.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:58 am

Post by Fiasco »

(sorry for double-posting AGAIN...)

LML, DG, why did you choose Aelyn to investigate?

LML, what's your opinion on your sanity? What's your opinion on DG's sanity and alignment?
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:12 am

Post by KingPin »

Very, very interesting.

Two ‘cops’ that have both investigated the same person on night one. All things considered, Aelyn is now in a bigger predicament. Once a cop has declared you scum on D1 you are pretty much toast, IMO. However, when ANOTHER cop comes out and says exactly the opposite then the town is forced with a tough decision.

The town would be able to accredit at least one of these guys after a lynch. However, it takes a ballsy move to step up and call someone out on D1 as scum. But I agree that it is the right thing to do. OTOH, scum could easily come forward with a similar claim and declare someone as innocent, since they have an idea as who is scum with them… unless they are the SK. But this too would be pretty damned ballsy, since they are drawing focus to themselves.

Cautiously
UnVote
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:18 am

Post by vikingfan »

Hmm- an extremely interesting conundrum occurs here. If LML is scum, I'm not sure I would see the need to claim- it would unnecessarily draw attention to himself and if he's proven wrong, he's on the chopping block tomorrow. The same thing tends to apply to Don, but yet it could be construed as WIFOM.

The simplest and safest thing to do, I think, is lynch Aelyn. In either case, we will have a cop handy (assuming he wasn't just a scum that got lucky) to help us in finding further scum.

What concerns me is our doctor situation- we already lost our doc night 1 and there's no guarantee that there's a backup. It's entirely possible that one of these two is scum trying to draw out the real cop so as to create a scum-cop swap.

All that said, the best play is to lynch Aelyn and see what happens. I obviously still want to hear from him, of course, but in the meantime,
unvote
vote Aelyn
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:24 am

Post by Jaguar »

Hhhm. Food for thought. If both LM and DG are telling the truth, this could be interesting. Is one insane? Is one paranoid? There are a lot of options, but seeing as we are in a situation where both claim to have investigated the same person, we have a unique situation on our hands. Of course, both, if they are telling the truth, are in a predicament, because one if not both will likely be targeted by scum tonight.

With this information, I think Aelyn is certainly a good option for a lynch today, as has been pointed out by various people so far.

vote: Aelyn
I need a new tagline...
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:33 am

Post by Fiasco »

Jaguar wrote:we have a unique situation on our hands.
In my first mafia game, two people actually claimed a guilty investigation on Aelyn (one real, one fake).

One thing we should do before lynching Aelyn is discuss whether both LML and DG might be scum. I'm not sure that would make any sense, but I haven't heard the possibility mentioned yet.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:15 am

Post by Aelyn »

Yikes. Two cops apparently investigating me night 1? Two different results, no less...

Firstly, LML, DG: Are you both standard Cops? Is there anything that might suggest inaccuracies?

Secondly, I should point out that I kinda agree with VikingFan that LML sticking his neck out is probably a bad idea if he was scum, and so I'm more inclined to believe him. Of course I am biased somewhat by LML getting the correct result on me :lol:

Thirdly, Don Gaetano's posting has been what you'd expect for someone with a Guilty result on me, but that said it's not hard for scum to fake and there's still a very real possibility that he's simply somehow insane.

Fourthly, and finally, my role. I am immune to nightkills, and I'm happy to be tested if you want.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:27 am

Post by vikingfan »

That last seems like an SK or 'lover' qualification- it seems too powerful otherwise. Thoughts?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:28 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Aelyn wrote:Yikes. Two cops apparently investigating me night 1? Two different results, no less...

Firstly, LML, DG: Are you both standard Cops? Is there anything that might suggest inaccuracies?

Secondly, I should point out that I kinda agree with VikingFan that LML sticking his neck out is probably a bad idea if he was scum, and so I'm more inclined to believe him. Of course I am biased somewhat by LML getting the correct result on me :lol:

Thirdly, Don Gaetano's posting has been what you'd expect for someone with a Guilty result on me, but that said it's not hard for scum to fake and there's still a very real possibility that he's simply somehow insane.

Fourthly, and finally, my role. I am immune to nightkills, and I'm happy to be tested if you want.
Note: Going to say this as "nicely" as possible.

Aelyn was my target because he's a little above the middle of the pack in players in this game.

I find, when I'm the cop, I take the players and rank them based on my knowledge of them. I never investigate #1 and #2, knowing that the odds are that they are not scum together, and I'll let their less experienced scum partners rat them out,

I picked Aelyn because, quite frankly, I had him as #3,

PS: Standard scum thing to do - just hop on the bandwagon when a guilty verdict on a scumbuddy is found so NO NEW CONVERSATION happens.

Now, for the real reason I'm posting now.

IMMUNE TO NIGHTKILLS?

With that claim, I'm... almost willing to test if I'm insane. and I know how to do it, too.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Aelyn »

LoudmouthLee wrote:IMMUNE TO NIGHTKILLS?

With that claim, I'm... almost willing to test if I'm insane. and I know how to do it, too.
*shrug*

I wouldn't blame you. I'm not gonna deny I was kinda annoyed by the role, because I know how it looks when you have to claim. But what can I do?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:41 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Fiasco wrote:(sorry for double-posting AGAIN...)

LML, DG, why did you choose Aelyn to investigate?

LML, what's your opinion on your sanity? What's your opinion on DG's sanity and alignment?
My opinion on my sanity? Not Paranoid.
My opinion on DG's Alignment? In my notes, currently, 90% pro-town. His sanity? Not Naive.

We have a problem, though...

THE SCUM ALREADY KNOWS WHO IS SANE!

And, that's bad news for us. So, here's the (gulp) play... and it's a new one on me.

I'm going to
Unvote: Fiasco
and
Vote: Aelyn
so the town has the same info as the scum. We go from there.

As of right now, dollars to donuts, DG's sane, I'm not. But, We'll see when we get that info.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:43 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Don Gaetano wrote:
Jaguar wrote:So do you have a reason other than "there isn't really any better home for my vote" to keep it on Aelyn? That's really not a good reason. Do you find Aelyn scummy? And what are your thoughts on the Fiasco wagon? Do you support it, not support it? What?
I have no reason to move my vote, it doesn't have anything to do with Aelyn. I've already said what I think about the Fiasco wagon.
Uh... WHAT?
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:44 am

Post by Aelyn »

I'm not dead yet, LML, stop panicking. It's 6 to lynch and I'm at 5.

I expect to die any minute though. There's no reason for scum not to speedlynch me, they probably know it's safe based on the evidence.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:44 am

Post by Fiasco »

unvote

That was five, and I still need time to think! Aelyn is now at four.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:46 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Do you all have counting problems?

DG confirmed vote. He's now at 3. (sigh) READ PEOPLE!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:47 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

EDIT: Vikingfan. Missed. Sorry :)
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:56 am

Post by Fiasco »

This situation is complicated enough that it would benefit the town to THINK THINGS OVER before lynching. Aelyn's nightkill-immune claim does sound rather like a serial killer. I still think Aelyn's probably the correct lynch, but LML, why in the heck are you almost-lynching him this fast? We haven't even heard from everyone yet.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Fiasco »

Hm, you're saying it's a miscount? That was really careless.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Fiasco wrote:Hm, you're saying it's a miscount? That was really careless.
And I STILL think you're scum, so why mince words?

You're right. i shouldn't have moved my vote. You make things so clear for me, Fiasco.

Unvote: Aelyn, Vote: Fiasco
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:02 pm

Post by Fiasco »

I think a "WTF" is in order here.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:19 pm

Post by Fiasco »

We've just gained three new pieces of information a few hours ago -- DG claims to be a cop with a guilty result on Aelyn, LML claims to be a cop with an innocent result on Aelyn, Aelyn claims to be nightkill-immune. And LML is pushing bandwagons around like mad, first putting a (mistaken?) fifth vote on Aelyn and then an unexplained fourth vote back on me? I don't get it. We've got a lot of new information to process, and the right move is to calm the heck down. Both Aelyn and LML seem horribly scummy to me, but is there a combination of SK/mafia alignments that would make their behavior make any sense?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”