Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Yosarian2 wrote:His vote on town Suyve day 1 was really bad. The timing was bad, and I still have no idea why he decided to suddenly drop the Furc wagon and leap over to the Suyve wagon. It's even odder the way he attacked me for NOT voting Furc for the vanilla claim at the same time he was unvoting Furc; consistanty is a lame argument, especally if his read that Furc was town was similar to mine (and if it wasn't, why did he unvote Furc?).

That we both had town reads on him, means nothing - you held that read long before it was even remotely justifiable and I've seen no indication that you saw what I saw. And no, inconsistency is not a lame argument when applied to basic meta-stances.

Yosarian2 wrote:CES is generally really hard to read, but when he's town I usually agree with his votes when he's making them, even if he dosn't explain them I can see why he's doing it based on what's going on at the time.

That was true in Hydras too. Obvious explanation for us not synching up is that you're scum.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

BrianMcQueso wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Defensivness isn't scummy, period. If you defend yourself against a mild attack with a mile long post, then that might be an overreaction, but it isn't at all scummy; there's no reason to think scum is more likely to do that then town.

Agree to disagree, I suppose. In my eyes, I see it as:

*The mafia's motivation is to survive as long as possible (a defensive motivation)
*The town's motivation is to find the scum before their time runs out (an offensive motivation).

I understand everyone has self-preservation (d) in mind, which also leads them to wanting to get others lynched rather than themselves (o), but I can't agree that there's absolutely no correlation between alignment and defensiveness.

It's a matter of priorities.

Town's first priority is to find and lynch scum, town's second priority is to not get mislynched. Scum's priority is to not get lynched.

So if the only thing someone is doing is trying to not get lynched, that's a scum tell. But if someone is both defending themselves and also, independent of that and separately, scumhunting, that's pro-town behavior.

The only downside is that that means that when you're under attack as town, you basically have to post twice as much as you normally would, so that your scumhunting dosn't suffer as you defend yourself.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:His vote on town Suyve day 1 was really bad. The timing was bad, and I still have no idea why he decided to suddenly drop the Furc wagon and leap over to the Suyve wagon. It's even odder the way he attacked me for NOT voting Furc for the vanilla claim at the same time he was unvoting Furc; consistanty is a lame argument, especally if his read that Furc was town was similar to mine (and if it wasn't, why did he unvote Furc?).

That we both had town reads on him, means nothing - you held that read long before it was even remotely justifiable and I've seen no indication that you saw what I saw.

You're still attacking me for NOT voting for someone you think is town. No matter how I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to vote for that guy, that doesn't make sense. You're making it sound like there is ONE AND ONLY ONE possible way that anyone could have gotten a mild town-read on Furc day 1, and that's just silly; there's as many different ways to read someone as there are mafia players.

If Furc is in fact town, then the most likely explanation for your actions is that you're scum who wanted to mislynch Suyve, but also wanted to keep the Furc wagon alive so you could mislynch him later, so you moved to the Suyve wagon while trying to pressure me onto the Furc wagon.

And no, inconsistency is not a lame argument when applied to basic meta-stances.

Consistancy is scummy. It usually means that you're more worried about making all of your arguments look like they're logically compatable with each other then you are about actually lynching the right guy.

Using "lack of consisntancy" as an excuse to attack someone for not doing something you personally don't believe in is just scummy on your part.

Yosarian2 wrote:CES is generally really hard to read, but when he's town I usually agree with his votes when he's making them, even if he dosn't explain them I can see why he's doing it based on what's going on at the time.

That was true in Hydras too. Obvious explanation for us not synching up is that you're scum.

In Hydras, I thought you were town. After the game was over, you said that I was actually basically right about your day 1 play, that you were made a mistake and taking risks you really shouldn't have taken as scum because you were too locked into a town mindset at the time. Well, I think you decided to fix that mistake this game, so you're just scum playing as scum.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Patrick »

Vote Count #19:

ReaperCharlie (10) - (BrianMcQueso, SensFan, Internet Stranger, Furcolow, Yosarian2, Ranmaru, Toon Fighter, Medicated Lain, Cogito Ergo Sum, Porochaz)
Toon Fighter (5) - (Kublai Khan, Kison, HezLucky, DeathNote, Death Ninja)
DeathNote (2) - (Albert B. Rampage, LlamaFluff)
SensFan (1) - (MrBuddyLee)
Albert B. Rampage (1) - (Zindaras)
Ranmaru (1) - (Nobody Special)

With 21 alive, it takes 12 to lynch. The Day 2 deadline is Sunday, June 12th at 9:00 PM GMT
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:28 am

Yosarian2 wrote:You're still attacking me for NOT voting for someone you think is town. No matter how I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to vote for that guy, that doesn't make sense. You're making it sound like there is ONE AND ONLY ONE possible way that anyone could have gotten a mild town-read on Furc day 1, and that's just silly; there's as many different ways to read someone as there are mafia players.

I don't see how attacking you for not voting for a town read of mine is the least bit problematic. Your motivations are more important than your actions.

Yosarian2 wrote:If Furc is in fact town, then the most likely explanation for your actions is that you're scum who wanted to mislynch Suyve, but also wanted to keep the Furc wagon alive so you could mislynch him later, so you moved to the Suyve wagon while trying to pressure me onto the Furc wagon.

CES, the master manipulator!

Yosarian2 wrote:Consistancy is scummy. It usually means that you're more worried about making all of your arguments look like they're logically compatable with each other then you are about actually lynching the right guy.

Using "lack of consisntancy" as an excuse to attack someone for not doing something you personally don't believe in is just scummy on your part.

Consistency is scummy when we're talking about consistency over time. Being overly concerned about this type of consistency would also be scummy. But judging two highly similar actions similarly is the furthest thing from scummy!

Yosarian2 wrote:]In Hydras, I thought you were town. After the game was over, you said that I was actually basically right about your day 1 play, that you were made a mistake and taking risks you really shouldn't have taken as scum because you were too locked into a town mindset at the time. Well, I think you decided to fix that mistake this game, so you're just scum playing as scum.

We also had very similar positions on e.g. Profane Confusion, Balam's roleclaim. The basic synching up was there throughout the game.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

How is "Furc claiming under pressure to a big but illogical wagon" at all similar to "Vez claiming for no reason as a stupid gambit as soon as he saw his role PM"? One is scummy, the other isn't.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 am

If you thought the timing of Vez' claim was scummy, you sure did a hell of a job hiding it until now.

Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

#425 (Albert B. Rampage): "Wow look at all the scum come buzzing around the easy lynch targets. Irony" >> 100% this. LOL so right.

#426 (vezokpiraka): "The speed of furc's wagon was incredible. I know he is pretty bad but that wagon was lightning fast." >> Again, agreed.

#428 (Cogito Ergo Sum): "Why isn't Furcolow dead yet?" >> Wasn't pro-town at this point (terribad flash wagon and all), but I find myself asking the same question, here in the future. Why and how did all the pressure on him seem to disappear? I suppose I'll find out more on that as I get to the latter parts of the thread.

#429 (Zindaras): "I don't care if it's a dying wagon. It's on scum. My read on Surye is far stronger than the other reads I have." >> What do you have to say about this, now that Surye is dead and flipped town?

#436 (Internet Stranger): "The Vezo and Furc wagons are full of opportunistic scum looking to get easy lynches on notorious players." >> 1. I was on neither wagon. 2. Every scumbag on those wagons is still alive. 3. Do you have anything to say about the fail you've made by not pushing ACTUAL scum? 4. Who do you think is scum today, besides me?

You appear to be notorious for tunneling one player at the expense of pretty much everyone and everything else, and then when they flip, not looking back, and continuing in the same path as before, picking a new target without adjusting your reads based on what is now known due to flips. Your new target in this case appears to be me, someone who's had very little interaction with anyone else and would provide nothing in the way of associative tells if in fact I were to flip. And even less if I were to flip town, which I assure you I will. So do you have anything to say about any of the other ACTUALLY viable wagons for today? Or are you going to continue with your inanity and basically just solely try to keep up your meta and (apparently) your self-image of "alpha male", at the (rather obvious) expense of doing anything useful?

#442 (Zindaras): "Why aren't you voting Surye anyway? Clearly he's a better lynch than ToonFighter." == :? (Zindy's gradually losing that initial town read I had on that slot). What do you have to say now that Surye's flipped town? Or are you now trying to push Toon Fighter in somewhat of atonement for your past sins? In which case, I find that entirely acceptable.

#446 (BrianMcQueso): "Way to suck up to the people you agree with and blast the people against you. This is textbook scummy behavior." >> On the contrary; I generally find Furcolow to be a discerning judge of character and motive. I will go on the record here as saying I believe Furcolow to be probably town in this game, regardless of how scummy it looked that he lurked until a wagon formed (or just before).

#447 (Zindaras): "Can't really go wrong with getting on some sweet wagons. I'll be honest, though. It was much more fun when you were still on the Surye-wagon. Now I'm just stuck with the Joker, a guy who only listens to his headphones and doesn't actually talk and, well, Vezok. This wagon is lacking snuggliness." >> I don't like
buddying
. A townie has to be suspicious of everyone, and can't go around making comments like this on Day 1, for the most part. (-.5 for Zindaras)

#449 (MrBuddyLee): "@AGar, Primate and LlamaFluff:
If you were scumpartners with vez in this game, would you advise him to claim vanilla town right off the bat?" >> The very definition of a useless, loaded, and suspiciously specific question.
Scummy
. (-1 for MrBuddyLee)

Also, I made a mistake, but there's something even better about it that I did not see:
And another thing: Has SensFan followed up AT ALL on bristep123 (Furcolow's replacement?) I suppose we'll find out as I go along.

I was curious, and since I just posted that post with the Activity Overview in it, I just saw that bristep JUST replaced in for Furcolow. In other words, SensFan hasn't even been pushing FURCOLOW any more, who he was so eager to lynch on Day 1. Even
more
scummy
. SensFan can swing any second now for all I care.

#463 (Medicated Lain): "Why would Vez say threats to town, and not anti human factions?" >> Because he's dumb and doesn't read. Duh. Also, news flash: It's basically the same thing.

#467 (AGar): The letter to GummyBear is
pure win
. Go read it! (+1 for AGar, -1 for GummyBear)

#476 (Zindaras): "Fine. Who on [the Furcolow] wagon are scum?" >> Did ABR ever answer this question? If not, he needs to do so, and rather snappily please.

#481 (SensFan): "Oh look. Furcolow is now outright playing against the interests of the Town regardless of his alignment." >> Oh look, here comes SensFan-scum out of the woodwork again, making a drive-by post detailing just how very, very scummy it is that somebody did something scummy. Again, I'm fine with lynching SensFan, who is so
scummy
it's ridiculous. Let's do it today, please.

#484 (BrianMcQueso): "
sigh
.. All I wanted was for you to help the town, and this is as far away from that goal as possible. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish by voting yourself? So when you flip innocent you can go "I told you so!"? Yeah, brilliant. Nobody's ever thought of doing that before. You're not proving anything, except that you're a quitter. Thanks for playing." >>
WHAT??!?!
This is exactly what I'm
NOT
doing, and <<surprise!>> it's exactly what you are
VOTING
me for! How can you want Furcolow to contribute, and feel like "sigh" when he doesn't, but on the flip side, when the same thing happens to me, suddenly I'm scummy for contributing? >> Huge
contradiction
here from BrianMcQueso.
Very scummy
. (-2 for Brian McQueso)

Also, I don't like the tone with which he addresses Furcolow. It's almost like he's 100% positive that Furc will flip town.
Moar scumpoints
. (-1 for BrianMcQueso)

In fact, here. That reminds me. This is a list of people who are scummy, in relation to where the votes now sit.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Vote Count #18:

ReaperCharlie (8) - (
BrianMcQueso
SensFan
Internet Stranger
, Furcolow,
Yosarian2
, Ranmaru,
Toon Fighter
, Medicated Lain)
Toon Fighter (4) - (Kublai Khan,
Kison
, HezLucky, DeathNote)
DeathNote (3) - (
Porochaz
, Cogito Ergo Sum, Albert B. Rampage)
SensFan (2) - (ReaperCharlie, MrBuddyLee)
Porochaz (1) - (LlamaFluff)

My (considerable) e-pride, says at least three or four of the red are scum. When the game is over, anyone who can provide me with a better guess of who scum is, will get a high five. And my high fives are magical and heavenly.

#494 (AGar): In this post, AGar completely misses the gist of what ABR is saying, does not read the contextual posts where ABR was having a conversation with somebody else about there being multiple wagons (Furc, vezok) that were terribad, and then comes to the wrong conclusions based on not having understood the context of the conversation.

If AGar's hate for ABR first reared its ugly head anywhere near this post, then I heavily recommend that AGar/ABR go back to this point and recalibrate on each other. I have a huge town read on AGar so far, and I'm not sure what I think of ABR yet. One thing I do know, though, is that if they are both town, then it is a damned waste to be at each other's throats so much.

#496 (Yosarian2): Good point. But it's nothing that hasn't been mentioned already, specifically by Amrun. She made an excellent case on him, and now you are trying to say this as if you're the first one saying it.

As an aside: I'm baffled that there hasn't been more adverse attention on Toon Fighter thus far. His posts are clearly contradictory, and overall it feels like he is just skating
scum
. Let's not let him skate by any longer. I very much want a
SensFan
lynch (i.e. ASAP, as in, today if we can swing it), but I will vote for
Toon Fighter
as well.

#497 (Toon Fighter): "[insert town-credo here] [insert another town-credo here] ... see guys, I'm town!" >> Not buying it. Not to mention the tone of this entire post
feels completely insincere
. (-1 for Toon Fighter)

#498 (GummyBear):
Error... post too full of fail for proper computation... shutting down... (in other words, -1 for GummyBear)

#506 (Yosarian2): "What everyone agrees on is that if you're town, you don't claim vanilla for no reason." >> Ummm... No. Obviously "everyone" does NOT agree on that. Even putting your Appeal to Majority aside, this is a terrible post.

#507 (name): "Uh. ABR said 'scum are going to vote for Furcolow.' So....you vote for yourself to 'prove him right'? ... Are you trying to win the 'biggest VI' award with this post or something? Because this may be the single worst 8 word post I have ever seen." >> This post reminds me altogether too much of SensFan's posts: i.e. find a post that can be construed as scummy, blow it out of proportion, and most importantly (this is key), OVERSELL YOUR POSITION. Granted, you don't oversell nearly as much as SensFan does, but it still reminds me of him, and I still don't like it.
Scummy
. (-1 for Yosarian2).

#509 (Yosarian2): "ToonFighter: A lot of his posts seem somewhat off or somewhat self contradictory. Not a strong read, but something just feels wrong here." >> This feels more like self-image damage control than anything else, not to mention a non-commital bus of your partner. I'm not liking this either. (Note: Why do I feel as if Yosarian2 is scum with so many people? That makes IS, Zindaras, and Toon Fighter so far). Either way, it's
scummy
. (-1 for Yosarian2)

#510 (Zindaras): This is
:goodposting:
, you should click the link and read it.

#511 (Amrun): Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. Nobody commented on the fact that Yos had parroted her Toon Fighter case, except me (and I am far too late). My apologies, young lass. I shall avenge your untimely demise, and our glorious reunion (either in the afterlife, or after I resurrect you) shall be indeed glorious.

#513 (Yosarian2): "Amrun: Yeah, I read your case. I don't disagree with it, and Toon Fighter is currenlty on the very short list of people I might consider lynching over Vez." >> So, at this point, Yosarian seems to basically believe that, VT or not, vezok should be lynched.
Strike 1
, because that's stupid. Secondly, he says that Toon Fighter is on a very short list of people he wants to lynch over Vez. This is
May 9th
. He doesn't mention Toon Fighter again until
June 5th
. Not exactly behavior for someone who is on the short list. And going by his "New, Improved" short list in post
(the one on June 5th. READ it.), it looks like his short list includes only me (who was non-existent at the time of the previous comment), Toon Fighter, and Kison. This is
Strike 2.
Why? Because the only people on Yosarian2's list (and remember, this is Yosarian2, the mighty, the famous, the much-agreed-with), includes obvscum which he hasn't mentioned in A MONTH, and two lurkers (me and Kison). And then the obvious
Strike 3
is that instead of voting the obvscum, he votes one of the lurkers. LOL.

Say goodnight,
Yos-scum
. You're now on The Scumbag List right next to
SensFan
, and from here, we've got nowhere to go but up.

#527 (SensFan): I find it hilarious that SensFan is trying to get town cred for being the first person on both of the worst wagons I've ever seen. I'm literally speechless at how utterly fail he is.

#530 (Kison): Relative :goodposting:, but this is still a scummy snipe-shot out of nowhere (i.e.
lurktacular
). Where have you been, Kison? Coding stuff for the forum back-end, you say? PSHHHHH. FoS: YOU. (-1 for Kison)

#532 (Medicated Lain): Really? After 20 pages, the only thing you can think of to do is to vote a lurker? And not just a lurker, but somebody who hasn't posted?
Super scummy
. Who would waste a vote here, when there are plenty of other prospects, all of differing viability? When scum don't want to vote for their buddies, and the only people on the table in terms of wagons are obvtown, who do scum go for? Lurkers. And this isn't a "Mod, can you replace him please?" This is a straight up vote. So... in case it's not clear, ML. You just failed. Big time. (-3 for Medicated Lain) (seriously, go read this post. It's terrible.)

More coming later.

And I'd appreciate a few more unvotes. The deadline is not until sunday, leaving me at L-2 isn't going to accomplish anything. Put me at L-3 or L-4, and then if you're not satisfied by the time I'm done, then lynch me. Oh the flip side, if my lynch goes through before I finish my read-through, then the scum will have wasted an entire day, and to boot you'll have lost a lot of potential for awesome content by an obvtownie (yours truly).

Your choice! :)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:If you thought the timing of Vez' claim was scummy, you sure did a hell of a job hiding it until now.

This is a really horrible trap argument you're trying to make here, questioning me on this now considering in how much detail I described exactly what I thought about Vez on day 1, and you're probably scum for making it.

Your whole attempt to manipulate me into voting for Furc yesterday, while you were getting off the wagon yourself, was scummy as hell, and no amount of double talk or stupid BS about "constancy" is going to change that at this point. The way Furc claimed vanilla looked much more town-ish then the way Vez claimed vt, and the way you're trying to pretend one is the same as the other to make a BS constancy argument is also scummy.
Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

Holy sh*t. Very next post was #533:
AGar wrote:People need to open their eyes here and we can actually lynch one of several different players who are LIKELY to be scum rather than someone who is HIGHLY PROBABLE to be town.

Awesome! ... This, 100%. :D
Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

P.S. Yos, you can stop arguing.

You're going to die, after people see my last catchup post. ;)

Especially this part:
Death Ninja wrote:#513 (Yosarian2): "Amrun: Yeah, I read your case. I don't disagree with it, and Toon Fighter is currenlty on the very short list of people I might consider lynching over Vez." >> So, at this point, Yosarian seems to basically believe that, VT or not, vezok should be lynched.
Strike 1
, because that's stupid. Secondly, he says that Toon Fighter is on a very short list of people he wants to lynch over Vez. This is
May 9th
. He doesn't mention Toon Fighter again until
June 5th
. Not exactly behavior for someone who is on the short list. And going by his "New, Improved" short list in post
(the one on June 5th. READ it.), it looks like his short list includes only me (who was non-existent at the time of the previous comment), Toon Fighter, and Kison. This is
Strike 2.
Why? Because the only people on Yosarian2's list (and remember, this is Yosarian2, the mighty, the famous, the much-agreed-with), includes obvscum which he hasn't mentioned in A MONTH, and two lurkers (me and Kison). And then the obvious
Strike 3
is that instead of voting the obvscum, he votes one of the lurkers. LOL.

Say goodnight,
Yos-scum
. You're now on The Scumbag List right next to
SensFan
, and from here, we've got nowhere to go but up.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RC's most recent analysis post is just as bad as the previous one. He's still calling me scum for the Vez thing, which is just bad since he already admitted that it's part of my town meta to lynch vanillas. His claim that I'm scummy for agreeing with Amrun's post is also terrible, since he just agreed with it as well, and honestly the way he's doing this makes me more willing to lynch him over Toon fighter. The rest of his analysis post is basically fluff; he agrees with my case on toon fighter, but calls me scum for making it. He also repeats the argument MBL just made, while pretending it's original and completely ignoring the fact that I already answered it. Nothing here looks townie enough to make me want to unvote a claimed vanilla townie who's been intentionally and purposefully useless all game.

PPE: Lol. I'm pretty sure you're the one who's going to die "after people see your last catchup post", RC.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Well I kinda stopped reading after you proclaimed Im scummy with no precursor.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

DeathNinja, 1707 wrote:In fact, here. That reminds me. This is a list of people who are scummy, in relation to where the votes now sit.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Vote Count #18:

ReaperCharlie (8) - (
BrianMcQueso
SensFan
Internet Stranger
, Furcolow,
Yosarian2
, Ranmaru,
Toon Fighter
, Medicated Lain)
Toon Fighter (4) - (Kublai Khan,
Kison
, HezLucky, DeathNote)
DeathNote (3) - (
Porochaz
, Cogito Ergo Sum, Albert B. Rampage)
SensFan (2) - (ReaperCharlie, MrBuddyLee)
Porochaz (1) - (LlamaFluff)

Surprise, surprise. Most of the people you think are scum are the ones voting for you. You're not even being subtle about the OMGUS.

BrianMcQueso, 484 wrote:sigh All I wanted was for you to help the town, and this is as far away from that goal as possible.

Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish by voting yourself? So when you flip innocent you can go "I told you so!"? Yeah, brilliant. Nobody's ever thought of doing that before. You're not proving anything, except that you're a quitter. Thanks for playing.

DeathNinja, 1707 wrote:WHAT??!?! This is exactly what I'm NOT doing, and <<surprise!>> it's exactly what you are VOTING me for! How can you want Furcolow to contribute, and feel like "sigh" when he doesn't, but on the flip side, when the same thing happens to me, suddenly I'm scummy for contributing? >> Huge contradiction here from BrianMcQueso. Very scummy. (-2 for Brian McQueso)

What I said yesterday to Furcolow over his self-vote doesn't apply to you. That's why I said it to him, not you. You didn't self-vote, and I never accused you of such. I originally voted Furcolow for not contributing, and yes, I voted you for not contributing. That's not contradictory. You're not scummy for contributing, that's the opposite of the problem we have.

Look, I'm willing to cut you some slack. You have made a genuine effort to make your opinions known, which is what I blasted you for. But let's be realistic here, RC. You're up to post #532 of a 1700+ post game. Even if you somehow posted a full post-by-post analysis up to now, the time it would take for the other players to read it, decide you're worth keeping around, unvoting to spare your life... probably isn't gonna happen by Sunday.

Skip the PBPA. That's not what I want, and I wouldn't expect any replacement to do that. What I want from you is what I've always asked of you: show us what you think of the other players in the town. You're wasting your time and ours; just cut to the end where you summarize what you think. If you did that, I won't be able to vote you for not making your opinions known.

In addition, what I would like from you is a battleplan. There really aren't that many hours between now and the deadline. If you could have your way, how would the rest of Day 2 pan out for you? Clearly, Step 1 is that people unvote for you. What happens next? What would you like the town to do? Someone has to be lynched, because No Lynch is bad for the town (and I hope that's something we can all agree on).
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

RC wrote:#449 (MrBuddyLee): "@AGar, Primate and LlamaFluff:
If you were scumpartners with vez in this game, would you advise him to claim vanilla town right off the bat?" >> The very definition of a useless, loaded, and suspiciously specific question. Scummy. (-1 for MrBuddyLee)

Why's the question suspiciously specific? vez flipped town.

The reason I asked that question is because those three people treated vez's claim like gold. And to be honest, the best play if you're scumpartners with vez is to have him claim vanilla right off and then ride him whichever way the wind blows. I wanted to see if I could get acknowledgement of that, and maybe a scummy ping, from any of them.

Also
@RC
: Speaking of Agar, Primate and Llama, have you figured out yet that your Readapalooza isn't teaching you anything about Primate or Agar's replacement? Neither are posting, and yet you're leaving them off your scumlist/commentary entirely.

Also:
RC wrote:
ABR wrote:"Wow look at all the scum come buzzing around the easy lynch targets. Irony"

100% this. LOL so right.

Albert was talking about vez AND Furcolow there. Do you really agree with ABR's thought at that time that Furcolow is a townie who's an easy lynch target?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:If you thought the timing of Vez' claim was scummy, you sure did a hell of a job hiding it until now.

This is a really horrible trap argument you're trying to make here, questioning me on this now considering in how much detail I described exactly what I thought about Vez on day 1, and you're probably scum for making it.

Oh yes, I checked your iso carefully. Your stance on Vez is crystal clear - he was a "better than random" lynch. At no point did you suggest that there was anything there beyond the vt claim.

Yosarian2 wrote:Your whole attempt to manipulate me into voting for Furc yesterday, while you were getting off the wagon yourself, was scummy as hell, and no amount of double talk or stupid BS about "constancy" is going to change that at this point. The way Furc claimed vanilla looked much more town-ish then the way Vez claimed vt, and the way you're trying to pretend one is the same as the other to make a BS constancy argument is also scummy.

I did push you towards the wagon, but that was before Furc committed the town tell that made me get off; I was still fully committed to the Furcwagon at that point. I think the two vt claims were sufficiently similar for a consistency argument to apply; if you disagree with that statement, why don't you explain to me what was so town about the Furcclaim (we know you didn't think the Vezclaim was scummy, so don't start with that BS)?

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Seriously, Albert, vig this guy.

Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

ReaperCharlie wrote:I have never played with IS before.

Oops, I lied. Just remembered, he was half of Untrod Stranger, who I played with for one day out of Mafia w/the Hydras. Nothing worth remembering though, as anyone who was in that game can attest. That was literally the worst game I have ever seen, and I have seen some royal trainwrecks.
Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

BrianMcQueso wrote:Surprise, surprise. Most of the people you think are scum are the ones voting for you. You're not even being subtle about the OMGUS.

I'm re-reading and formulating conclusions as I go along. If you had
ACTUALLY READ
my analysis posts, you'd find that 100% of what I've ascertained so far is NOT omgus. Why? Because I hadn't even replaced yet.

I suggest you pull your head out of your ass and
ACTUALLY READ WHY
I suspect these people, instead of just stating the obvious: "most of the scum are on Reaper's wagon, because he's the one who's re-reading the thread and finding the scum".

Porochaz wrote:Well I kinda stopped reading after you proclaimed Im scummy with no precursor.

If you'd have
ACTUALLY READ
my posts, you'd have
FOUND
the precursor, dimwit.

Here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3117603 (#246, #294, #324)
Here:

What happened to
your post #297, saying that your pet peeve was people who didn't read the thread
?

I'm warning you now. I can be your worst nightmare, if necessary. I have a memory like a steel trap.

Yosarian2 wrote:RC's most recent analysis post is just as bad as the previous one.
He's still calling me scum
for the Vez thing, which is just bad since he already admitted that it's part of my town meta to lynch vanillas.
His claim that I'm scummy
for agreeing with Amrun's post is also terrible, since he just agreed with it as well, and honestly the way he's doing
this makes me more willing to lynch him over Toon fighter.
The rest of his analysis post is basically fluff; he agrees with my case on toon fighter, but calls me scum for making it. He also repeats the argument MBL just made, while pretending it's original and completely ignoring the fact that I already answered it. Nothing here looks townie enough to make me want to unvote a claimed vanilla townie who's been intentionally and purposefully useless all game.

If you were looking for it, Brian:
THIS
is the definition of omgus.

But I know you weren't. You were just trying to push my wagon through before I finished my catching up.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Did you read the rest of my post? You might want to do that.

Also:

DeathNinja, 1718 wrote:I have a memory like a steel trap.

DeathNinja, 1717 wrote:Oops, I lied. Just remembered, he was half of Untrod Stranger, who I played with for one day out of Mafia w/the Hydras.

:lol:
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

ABR: For the record, I agree with CES.
I haven't finished the thread yet, so I haven't gotten to your claim of vig or w/e, but if you are one, then
Yos is a fine choice to slay
. After that, if they're still alive, kill off these people, preferably in this order:
SensFan, Toon Fighter, and Internet Stranger.
I can't even begin to describe how much incompetent vigging grates on my nerves. Last game I played, Vi (town) killed off like FIVE townies. Didn't hit scum once. I was like "....................uh, Vi. wut"

p-edit: Fine BMQ, I also brag a lot. But that's not a scumtell. So stfu, before I e-punch you in the face! :good:
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Albert, if you hit scum tonight I'll bake you brownies. Even if you're an SK.

Now
that's
how you direct a vig.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

BrianMcQueso wrote:Look, I'm willing to cut you some slack. You have made a genuine effort to make your opinions known, which is what I blasted you for. But let's be realistic here, RC. You're up to post #532 of a 1700+ post game. Even if you somehow posted a full post-by-post analysis up to now, the time it would take for the other players to read it, decide you're worth keeping around, unvoting to spare your life... probably isn't gonna happen by Sunday.

Skip the PBPA. That's not what I want, and I wouldn't expect any replacement to do that. What I want from you is what I've always asked of you: show us what you think of the other players in the town. You're wasting your time and ours; just cut to the end where you summarize what you think. If you did that, I won't be able to vote you for not making your opinions known.

In addition, what I would like from you is a battleplan. There really aren't that many hours between now and the deadline. If you could have your way, how would the rest of Day 2 pan out for you? Clearly, Step 1 is that people unvote for you. What happens next? What would you like the town to do? Someone has to be lynched, because No Lynch is bad for the town (and I hope that's something we can all agree on).

I think SensFan is scum.
I think Yosarian2 is scum.
I think Toon Fighter is scum.
I think Internet Stranger is likely scum.
I think Medicated Lain is likely scum.
I think Kison is possible scum.
I think Porochaz is possible scum.
I think you are possible scum.

I am willing to lynch and/or see dayvigged TODAY: Any of the top 5. Nobody on this list should make it to LYLO, or anywhere near.

Rest of Day 2: I'm gonna post the rest of my PBPA, hopefully keep semi-current with the thread, and I'll probably get NK'd, if scum is anywhere near smart.

After that, I'm gonna unbookmark the thread until the game is over, then sit back and sip some champagne when town follows my reads and wins the game.

Hope that clears things up for ya. Now, can I continue where I left off?
Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

Wait, awwww... :igmeou:... ABR's not a dayvig? From the way people were talking about it, I assumed he was... Damn.

Regardless, he should kill someone in my list above. Guaranteed to hit scum in the top 3, 75% chance in the top 5.

Make it happen, Mr. Rampage.
Death Ninja
Death Ninja
Townie
Death Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Death Ninja »

Primate:

ISO 0-6 : Defends Vezok on meta

ISO 7: I agree with this, up to the SensFan post. This was Primates first post that wasn’t entirely about vezok. Could have been made just so he could separate himself from his voting reasons.

ISO 12: self voting is indicative of town? No, it is more like scum trying to appear fed up (are fed up), votes Suyre for no reason

ISO 18: Again, no reason for vote. ---- Initial vote on SensFan had reasoning, so the lack of one now and on Surye is weird (early game where there is not much to go on, versus D2).

ISO 19: Says he only gives reasoning for votes if it is controversial or if he wants support---- Did you not want support on the Suyre wagon or for Gummybear? What about SensFan?

Explains reason for voting Suyre as “I didn’t really want to try and start another wagon at that point, as well as the fact that I didn’t feel like my reads on a lot of people were up to date enough to do a full review of the game, so I picked the subset of people who were under suspicion and just concentrated on trying to get a good read on them” Which is the same as, voted the person on the most heat who acted scummy to the town and didn’t want to start waves by attacking someone not under pressure.

And that’s about it. All he’s done D2 was explain D1, call this slot null, and tried to debunk the Cult recruiter message of llama fluff by claiming an OoG comment by the mod

SensFan is a little long, and I don’t have the time to do a full ISO read, so I’ll summarize:

ISO 0-90: Is scummy :wink:

I’ll try and do SensFan tomorrow, I’m trying to multitask right now so it will take much longer than it should if I do it now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”