Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

Because a serial killer wants to survive until the endgame to win.

Spontaneously claiming vig, attracting nightkills from scum, and then claiming "extra secret info" when nobody is wanting you lynched, attracting votes from the town, is not ideal play as a serial killer.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 am

Post by dramonic »

Considering his aim so far, I doubt the scum has a specific interest in offing him.
He's a SK, what's to say he's not BP? That way he lives, and oh joy, mafia can't go "HE'S BP!" because that... would be outing themselves.
It also explains the lack of a scum kill night 1.
And the town usually doesn't want to lynch their vig, so it wouldn't be attracting votes if he played it a bit better :P
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

Claiming and pushing the fact that you have extra information when your claim was initially successful is not something that a serial killer does. That play belongs to jesters and townies who give out more information than they should.
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

And people who want to look imperfect, but from what i understand, acting perfect as scum works fine enough around here.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

Ragnarokio wrote:Anyone pushing MBF to get at the information he's witholding is still being ridiculous. MBF knows what information he's witholding. He says that the information would hurt the town if he released it. What reason do you think he'd have for lying? Incompetence? He KNOWS what information he has. you don't, he actually has the ability to judge it's effect on the game upon release, where as you don't.

Then he shouldn't have hinted at its existence.
That's the beginning, middle, and end of the argument. He was believed, he was thought of as not a lynch, he was already drawing kills from scum, I was discussing lynching other people and directing his kill and..."supah sekret not yet full claimed!" Ah...no, no that doesn't work.
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

Why would scum do that?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why would town do that?
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

to stop a wagon on me
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:54 am

Post by dramonic »

what... wagon...?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

mikeburnfire wrote:
(1) She has been scumhunting more than people give her credit for
(2) I am 100% of her flavor, and it's a good character from the show (from what I've gleaned off a wiki)
(3) <Can't say reason 3 right now>

The first time MBF hinted at having hidden information it was in response to people doubting his opinion of me being town.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 am

Post by dramonic »

I know THAT. <_<
I'm a hoot
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ragnarokio wrote:to stop a wagon on me

There was a total of 0 votes on you when he made that post. EmpKing had just unvoted the single vote on you.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

The town intention is still to protect me.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

I have some quick free time now to post in my games!

Hmmm so he is at L-1 right now? Interesting...so that leaves me, MoS, and Rag to hammer right? Bah, gibe me a bit to actually wake up and think about this
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

Ragnarokio wrote:The town intention is still to protect me.

By revealing he hasn't full claimed yet?
Naaaah.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:49 am

Post by dramonic »

By painting a target on your back?
suuuuure!
I'm a hoot
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

The effectiveness of the maneuver isn't so relevant as the fact that it is something that a townie with the information might do, but that a serial killer wouldn't do.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:54 am

Post by dramonic »

It's also the kind of stuff someone who wants to get their partner killed without looking suspicious would do, in theory.
I'm a hoot
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:I have some quick free time now to post in my games!

Hmmm so he is at L-1 right now? Interesting...so that leaves me, MoS, and Rag to hammer right? Bah, gibe me a bit to actually wake up and think about this

Would rather have no hammer right now and have lots of discussion first. But yes, please read and let us know what you think.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Rag - That's awesome.
Now we're getting the full claim out of him.
Because the Vig/Neighbor/? needs to be made something town doesn't want to kill.
That would be pro-town, yeah?

@Pere - I'd be fine with a sudden speed hammer, but I play differently sometimes. How about we start with a claim and move forward?
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

@Dramoric:

Why would he want me killed? I think he's town.

We've got a cop and another confirmed townie alive, and it's just as likely or more likely that the mafia would kill him before me anyway.

@Thor: No, the information isn't pro-town, he's saying that revealing it will hurt the town. If you think he's town, then you should trust him. It's incredibly likely that he's town, which is what i've been trying to demonstrate.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:02 am

Post by dramonic »

Ragnarokio wrote:@Dramoric:

Why would he want me killed? I think he's town.

We've got a cop and another confirmed townie alive, and it's just as likely or more likely that the mafia would kill him before me anyway.

@Thor: No, the information isn't pro-town, he's saying that revealing it will hurt the town. If you think he's town, then you should trust him. It's incredibly likely that he's town, which is what i've been trying to demonstrate.

clearing himself from your death while at the same time attracting it isn't novelty.
We have a cop alive.
your "confirmed townie" could also be a godfather.

You're the only person who seems to believe he's town. Start from there.
I'm a hoot
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Rag - First off, you're coming with your "incredibly likely he is town" angle from a very strange bubble that no one else can apparently see. Ockham's Razor suggests you're the one with the skewed perspective.
Second, he was going to be obv. town up until he dropped the hint. You have not been able to explain why he dropped that hint that he hadn't fullclaimed yet. There was no reason, at all, to drop that hint for pro-town benefit. You weren't going to be lynch, no one was seriously getting a wagon together for your lynch, and the same can be said about MBF - we were mocking him for being fail vig, but everyone and their uncle was willing to give him another night.

Than he dropped a role hint and threw the WHOLE think into lolomgwtf-ville for no reason whatsoever.

Maybe you're right, maybe he is town, and this reveal will hurt us. But it's HIS fault for dropping the hint, and I don't trust him enough as town to not hear what the whole hint is at this stage now that he's pulled this gak.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:42 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Quite frankly, I can't believe how ridiculous this has gotten. Dram and Thor are either idiots or scum, perhaps both. We're here, trying to figure out who the scum are, and I tell you that I have information that implies that Rag is town. Suddenly, you bring the game to a standstill until I full claim. If this game really is "stalling", it's because you're stalling it.

I wasn't under any suspicion at the time of my vig claim. In fact, everybody seemed to be confused about who killed who. A serial killer would have taken advantage of this confusion. I claimed in order to clear it up.

Rag was under suspicion at the time of my vig claim. I risked my neck to vouch for her towniness, and am sticking by it, something a serial killer would not do.

Everybody was talking about how Magua and RC were obv town, and that anyone who killed them is probably scum. I claimed to be their killer. Is this a smart SK move?

Thor already knows all this, and said so himself, but chooses to vote me anyway. So I'm going to tentatively move my vote.
unvote MoS, vote Thor
. I'm also going to
FoS: Peregrene
for being so easily persuaded to bring somebody he doesn't suspect to L-1.

I'm standing firm. I can't give you anymore information without giving away Rag's role (hint: not vanilla). Either you believe me to be town and take me at my word that Rag is highly likely to be town too, or go against everything logical and waste a lynch on me. Decide now, because I'm not going to waste my time analyzing this game if you're going to continue to act like fools.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Look...
Everyone can agree on Peregrine being scum right? Why are we not forcing him to claim first? Because there was no lynch yet, I am considering that they are already on MBF. A dana/pere/thor team makes sense and I can see it.

MBF: Would you be willing to claim your target for tonight so I don't run the chance of investigating them?
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”