• Kublai Khan - 4 (inHim, mastin2, Reck, Scott) L-3
    Scott - 2(Slaxx, inHim) L-4
    Silver1337 - 1 (Hiraki) L-6
    mastin2 - 1 (DeityKabuto) L-6

With 12 players, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline countdown timer:
(expired on 2011-06-23 18:39:00)
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a lurker.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Hiraki »

Why?
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:24 am

Post by gorilla »

keep it civil please I don't want obvtown getting modkilled for breaking rule 9

To be fair, I've only threatened to force-replace for that.

VOTE: scott

I don't have much of the way in reassons here, it's kinda process of elims + khan not being here but hey I'll move my vote to khan as soon as he's actually here to respond. in the meantime, might as well hear from someone else instead of sitting on my hands.
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:31 am

Post by gorilla »

silver I'm going to try to be as polite as possible because I believe you are town and I do not want to upset you, but it's page 34 and day 2 - have you been reading the thread at all? When won't it be too "early on" to vote? do you have anyone you suspect? do you have any opinion on khan? scott? mastin? me? play the game, damn it
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Skyquiem wrote:
^^^^

Seriously.

YOU
shut the fuck up
Reck, and accept that your being a fucking prick.

Enough is enough. I want it gone.

GONE I SAY.

:mad:

-MH

Wahhhh Reck's being a prick because DeityKabuto is 110% mentally challenged and is arrogant about it wahhhhhh
green shirt thursdays
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Skyquiem »

xRECKONERx wrote:Wahhhh Reck's being a prick because DeityKabuto is 110% mentally challenged and is arrogant about it wahhhhhh

Yeah, ignore it last thing we need is the game to turn into personal arguments, if head one has an issue with you he can take it up outside of the thread, same vice-versa.

Mastin, can you provide links to 3 of your most recent scum and town games please. Also no one better even consider hammering or blitzing anytime soon.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Hiraki »

Skyquiem.

Are you honestly going to make a point on Mastin's meta?

There's still two heads, or did you split it to be one for this game?
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Skyquiem »

Trust me when I say this is going somewhere. I'll just need those links from him and roughly 24 hours to go through them before I go into it.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Hiraki »

Unvote, Vote: Skyquiem

Trust is for pussies.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:02 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Bad Hiraki.
green shirt thursdays
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Skyquiem »

Heck, might as well post what I noticed. If he showed interest in observing and viewing players games when he hasn't heard of them you think one of the first things he would have done is check up who RisingPhoenix is in which case he would find RisingPhoenix has only played one game which is relatively short (23 pages) and would have attempted to gain an idea of him as he did with us. The fact he never once attempted to even as the game progressed is highly explained by the fact that scum don't need to know the meta of their partners however they do gain an advantage of knowing the meta of townies, to bring up to defend them or attack them.

mastin2 wrote:Just noticed Sky had "Goon", rather than "Townsperson". Meaning, They've played before. (Though I am a bit concerned at a trend I noticed there. Mainly, that they replaced out of both.)
Skyquiem wrote:Out of curiosity, do you check a players previous games regardless of allignment?
mastin2 wrote:When I have the time, and am not familiar with them.

It tends to take too much time, normally.

But, yeah. Habit I started when I was scum (first scum game other than 688), but which I began to use regardless of alignment eventually.
mastin2 wrote:9. RisingPhoenix <--Never heard of RisingPhoenix.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

That's horrible reasoning, and you know it.
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Skyquiem »

You don't believe there's a lack of incentive for scum to read up on their partners meta as opposed to them reading up on a townies meta? Yes, I'm fully aware the reasoning is cement solid which is why it's not attached with a vote and why I want to read some of his recent scum games to compare his partner-interaction with.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mastin wrote:Habit I started when I was scum (first scum game other than 688), but which I began to use regardless of alignment eventually.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I swear, if I have to do this one more time, I'm just putting this--word for word--on my Wiki Page and when asked will just go, "READ MY FREAKIN WIKI!" >_<

Spoiler: Games
If you want a total list of my games, it's on my Main's wiki page, Mastin. Almost all are two years old, since I took a long hiatus. (My recommendation is to view them on the old forum rather than the archives, by replacing the "http://www.mafiascum.net" with the "http://67.222.17.61". It's a little work, but it makes for far better reading.) If you're interested but too lazy, I did compile a list with fixed links, for reading. (But since they're old, I just assumed you don't want 'em.)

My more recent games are also on the Wiki. "New Games", "I'm Back", something like that. It only covers up to TWBBS, since after that, I switched to mastin2 (Ask Pine) and have neglected to put my new games on there.

Alternatively, just look at every single Large Game which is running right now. I'm in every single one. The oldest being Outdoorsmen Mafia 2, as a hydra with Nacho, Calcifer.

I did two games which aren't Large Normals since returning, both Newbies. Newbie 1024 (I met Nacho) and 1048 (I met DarthYoshi).
1024 contains a key defining moment of me as scum: I had the chance to hammer Nacho, but I didn't think I could pull off the win alone. I was 'suspicious' of him, but couldn't do it. I knew that if it was just me, I wouldn't be able to pull off a win by myself.
1048 contains the prototype to my Guide on Cop Play.

I'm most concise when I lock on immediately and don't get emotional. If I don't get solid reads, I wall. If I get emotional, I wall. If I have neither, I tend not to. The newbie game with DarthYoshi is an example of this--I had maybe two or three long walls, the rest of my posts quite short.

My style briefly: since I'm fresh from retirement, I haven't settled down INTO a style, so my play changes with every game. It's honed with off-site experience combined with wisdom of my time away and time spent reading MD along with refining my methods of scumhunting, so my play is slowly improving every game.
There's certainly some things remaining the same throughout all my games, but a lot of what "Mastin2" is hasn't been defined, yet, because I'm still trying to work that out, myself.

General trends--Scum: Start out calm, cool, and logical, generally seen as town. I put myself into my town meta, and it works beautifully. (However, I often am trapped--boxed in--by it, locking into an action which I feel I cannot back out of as scum more often than I do as town.) Initially. Then I freak out. The facade cracks; my mask disappears when emotions start to pour in--for instance, insulting me certain ways makes me sensitive as scum, whereas when I'm town, it doesn't bother me. (I dunno why.)

Town: Impulsive, with certain compulsions. I follow feelings far more than I follow my head, doing whatever I think I should in order to win. I take a lot of risks that aren't exactly optimal play. While I do gambit as scum, I much prefer gambitting as town. I'm prone to overconfidence (related to confirmation bias tendencies and reverse-confirmation-bias), and I am slow to accept being wrong. That's pretty much as much as I know about my town meta.

Third party: Only once. The Large "Normal" run by Jebus, with Llamafluff as the backup mod. I was a Lyncher, outed Day One by a JOAT who Rolecopped me.
I truthfully told the town everything--my true target, what I was planning on doing, how I was planning on winning, everything. And proceeded to try and legitimately scumhunt...but people didn't believe me. We fought for 30 pages. I got distracted, emotional, stopped scumhunting and worked on defense. It didn't work; I got lynched Day One. When the game ended, I grumbled an "I told you so!" about my play having town's interests in mind.
Summary: I try to play identical to town, but when attacked, I react exactly as scum, the alignment acting as a bridge between the two sides, ironically.

Other: I'm fond of meta. Both for myself, and others when I have the time. I know, bad habit. 'Been trying to get rid of it in my play, but it keeps coming back. 'Working theory: I am a sentimental guy who ponders the past, seeing what he's done well and what he's...'not done well'. :P

I'm better at reading other's meta (when I research it enough) than mine. I Wall, always have, and--despite efforts to get rid of them--likely always will. It used to be that if I didn't wall, I was lethargic or dangerously close. AKA, lazily lurked around somehow managing to be more anti-town than walling. (As both alignments.) Either way, greatly anti-town, and have tried to stop that from being me again. I was a VI, who has become more wise (though not good >_<) with experience.
(Also, I evolved over time to become someone who tends to get strong reads, though it became tunneling often.)

I'm also quite fond of MD, if you haven't noticed. Love theory a lot, but suck at putting theory into practice, especially as a player.

Overall Summary: I'm a messed-up guy. :P

The person in this game most likely a Mastin Expert would be Pine--ask him and he'll challenge anything in here he sees as wrong.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Skyquiem »

... huh :neutral:

Ask for a simple A,B,C-1,2,3 explanation, and out comes a dissertation...

-MH
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by mastin2 »

This is not the first time someone's asked me for my meta recently. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Skyquiem. Just hop your vote on Mastintown so I have motivation to annihilate you.

Btw. I already have motivation, just not time.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:03 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

xRECKONERx wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:Reckoner, haven't you took into consideration that mastin and Khan could be distancing eachother to not appear scummy? Or are you just the 3rd member of the scumteam?

You shut the fuck up and accept that I'm more fucking protown and obvtown than you'll ever be you ignorant piece of Anthony Weiner's shit.

Lolx, I've been in your position before, when I was Vanilla Town, and had to yell at people to get it across their minds that I'm not scum.

But meh... I forgot to target someone last night. :/
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:40 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

^^That's not necessarily a bad thing.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

DeityKabuto wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:Reckoner, haven't you took into consideration that mastin and Khan could be distancing eachother to not appear scummy? Or are you just the 3rd member of the scumteam?

You shut the fuck up and accept that I'm more fucking protown and obvtown than you'll ever be you ignorant piece of Anthony Weiner's shit.

Lolx, I've been in your position before, when I was Vanilla Town, and had to yell at people to get it across their minds that I'm not scum.

But meh... I forgot to target someone last night. :/

Are you fucking kidding me.
green shirt thursdays
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:38 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

inHimshallibe wrote:^^That's not necessarily a bad thing.

yea, I guess, it would be random again at D1, but today you guys have to tell me who to target
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

There's no need to reveal who you target ahead of time, gives scum more information. There is an obvious pool of players to choose from.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

DeityKabuto wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:^^That's not necessarily a bad thing.

yea, I guess, it would be random again at D1, but today you guys have to tell me who to target

I gave you a list already
fuck off
green shirt thursdays
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:44 am

Post by mastin2 »

I'm kinda guessing here. But are the votes something like four for Khan, three for Scott, and one or two *coughcoughdeityonmecoughcough* stray?
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”