Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:32 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Watched the first half last night on Netflix... hopefully will finish it today.

Vote: MehPlusRawr

Fun name.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:42 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Alright, finished the movie last night. A tad bit bloodier than Salome and Wozzeck, but not quite as incestuous and demented.
Incognito wrote:Anyway, TripMyWire was on around the same time I was earlier this morning and didn't post in the thread despite the fact that the mod sent PMs to everyone saying that the game had started. I thought it was a good choice for a vote as a result.

Ah! Stalker. I didn't realize your 'serious vote' was actually serious. I was at work and got busy. Ta da! Simple as that. I came back and posted a little bit later when I had the time.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Incognito wrote:
TripMyWire wrote:I didn't realize your 'serious vote' was actually serious.
I don't really see why not.

Probably because the opening posts involving random voting are full of facetious comments... I just attributed it to that because at that point, nothing had been said. With no explanation, I had no reason to think more of it.
Incognito wrote:
My "reservation" was me thinking that maybe the "Who's Online" list wasn't being accurate, but Trip's admitting that he did get the PM but chose not to post anyway, which tosses that out the window.

I'm surprised that this is an issue at all. How exactly would it be a 'scumtell' anyway? I don't see how posting immediately makes someone seem more town.
Medicated Lain wrote:just a case of mafia being open in the background.

This is exactly the case. I'm always at a computer and I often keep mafiascum open in a tab in my browser.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Green Crayons wrote:
TripMyWire wrote:I'm surprised that this is an issue at all. How exactly would it be a 'scumtell' anyway? I don't see how posting immediately makes someone seem more town.
It is the delayed posting that is the scummy tell. It doesn't go the other way for a town read as you're suggesting. At least not for me. Speaking purely from personal experience (so thus of limited use), being their own biggest critics, scum second guess their posts. So scum will delay posting for the "best time" to interject into the conversation as to avoid suspicion.

I see what you mean, but there are a gazillion reasons why someone may wait an hour or so to post. Has this ever really been useful for catching scum? I wouldn't think so, but it may explain why so many people are 'hidden' in this forum.
Incognito wrote:@Trip: [...] Anywho, any thoughts about what's been going on now outside of that early stuff?

Why, yes! Thanks for asking.
1. When reading through the posts I did not find camn's suggestion of a name claim terribly scummy. I don't think it's a great idea at this point, and I see why people would jump on it as if it were scummy, but to me it just didn't seem like scum would suggest something like that. Those were my first thoughts. Then she pointed out how she does that kind of thing often, which concerns me a little because it could possibly be used as a cover. That, to me, concerns me more than the actual suggestion of the name claim if it were to be an isolated incident.

2. bvoigt stands out to me as somewhat suspicious due to his near-immediate sheeping of Incognito's votes. Incognito votes me, bvoigt votes me. Incognito votes camn, bvoigt votes camn in his next post. Incognito votes Haylen, bvoigt votes Haylen. camn then points this out and bvoigt immediately votes someone else. Hmmmm. May not be a scumtell, but when it's pointed out that he's sheeping he asks camn to elaborate, but within that same post he switches it to someone else without waiting for an answer. Almost seems like he was caught being naughty, doing something he knew he shouldn't have been doing.

3. The thing that stood out to me the most so far this game, however, was Pine's opening post.
Pine wrote:I don't care if you did it as Town. Mass nameclaiming at this point in the day is an anti-Town suggestion. Don't ever do that as Town again.
When I first read it I thought I caught a whiff of scum due to the content as well as the tone. The last sentence initially struck me as some kind of a slip... and it just doesn't sit right with me. The more I think about it, however, the less scummy I feel with it... mostly because of the way that quote started saying "IF you did it as Town." It's just kind of a gut thing at the moment.

4. I feel comfortable thinking Green Crayons is town.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Incognito wrote:bvoigt <-> Pine seems like nothing more than a semantics disagreement. That said, I don't see what Trip and Green Crayons are seeing about Pine's "slip"; I don't think Pine's use of the word "if" there is exactly the same way Trip has described it.

What I was trying to say was that it makes it seem like it was less of a slip as the 'slip' sentence was following from his "IF" scenario... however, I now realize that he was referring to camn's previous suggestions of name claiming when she was town in another game. So now I believe I misunderstood what he said, and that affects my opinion on him... but I'm not ruling out that it wasn't a slip. And finally, his actions remind me of a player from the last game I played who threatened to replace out due to ill-treatment even though there is no evidence of personal attacks... that player was scum. Also his actions after that are not helping my opinion of him. So, in short, my initial reason for finding him scummy has somewhat slightly been negated ;) , however I'm not taking him off my list just yet in this early stage of the game, even though he shares a similar view of Incognito that I have. And, like I said in my earlier post, it's partly a gut thing.

No takers or comments on my 'case' for bvoigt in my post #92? Oh, well.

And... MehPlusRawr... huh?! I guess you're catching up then? :)
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 am

Post by TripMyWire »

bvoigt wrote:
BTW, with the exception of Green Crayons-town, TripMyWire hasn't taken any strong stances this game.

It's still kinda early and there are several people that haven't said much, and one not at all... I'm hesitant to focus on a few people so early when there are many others we still need to learn about... also I thought I was making it clear that I was definitely leaning in Pine's direction as to which person is scummiest to me so far.
Incognito wrote:along with some of the "qualifier" stuff he pointed out recently about Trip too.

I think I know what you guys mean by 'qualifier' posts... but before I make myself look more foolish, can you explain it to me?
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:43 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Incognito wrote:Trip, qualifiers are the things bvoigt bolded in his last post. It's like you'll say something about someone but then add something that completely counterbalances the thing you said about the person.

Gotcha. Yeah, I totally had that definition wrong.
Incognito wrote:For example, if I said something like "Haylen is obvscum" (which, I should add, she pretty much is)

I never got a scummy vibe from her so I've been looking into this. You're saying she's obviously scum because of the inconsistency you pointed out with another game? I kind of mentioned it earlier, but at first I had a feeling from your posts that you were trying to toss out ideas to see what would stick... and then you rolled dice for your decision. Also, Haylen's "bandwagon" on you at the beginning was obviously not serious, but you reacted it to as if it were. I really don't believe there is anything scummy in the inconsistency you are basing your case on... I only read town things from Haylen and your belief that she's obvscum surprises me. Or am I taking the definition of 'obvscum' too seriously?
Unvote, Vote: Incognito

Green Crayons wrote:This here makes me feel like Trip is the most probable town player because the description of his reaction to Pine describes my own almost to a T.

So... you think I'm 'the most probable town player' because I agree with you? I get what you're saying, but to declare that I'm the most probable town player with that as your reason kinda surprises me.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Incognito wrote:I don't really see why me finding her to be obvscum would be worthy of a vote though; that kind of came out of nowhere.

Well, I was still going on my random vote and since you're now my #1 suspect why wouldn't I vote you? A quick review reveals it became the only vote on you at the time so it's not like it was too threatening. You seriously voted me for just being online when the PMs sent out, and you rolled dice for another vote... I don't see it being all that radical by comparison.
Incognito wrote:The other reason why I think Haylen is obvscum has to do with meta,
which I don't expect you to know about

This comes off as, "she's scum, just trust me on this" and it doesn't help convince me she's scum... especially since that other game was from 8 months ago. You're right that I'm new* and I've never played with anyone in this game before... but I don't believe that someone can be identified as obvscum by comparing a current game to previous games... well, at least in the super majority of cases, and definitely not in this situation with Haylen. People change their gameplay and style and their tactics evolve.

Haylen wrote:
Medicated Lain wrote:I'm inclined to believe that it wasn't scum lurking, and just a case of mafia being open in the background.

Can you explain this please? I get the part up to the comma but not the rest.

This was regarding Incognito's vote for me because I was online at the time the PMs went out... she was pointing out that I had the mafiascum website open in another browser tab (in the background) while I was doing other things.

*While my registration date says I'm from 2004, I only played a couple of newbie games back then. After a 6-ish year break I came back (thanks to my bff Medicated Lain) and played another newbie game which just finished.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:17 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Yosarian2 wrote:Why would it bother you *more* that she does it often? If she does it often, and has done it as town, dosn't that make it less of a scumtell? I think it's plausable to suspect Camn for the claim thing, but he seems to not find it scummy, but then say it's scummy because she's done it before. Huh?

I didn't find it scummy. The only problem I could see with her doing that would be the excuse that "she does it every game" which could be used as a cover... hypothetically speaking: She could say, "oh that’s just my playing style as town," and then as mafia one time she could say “but that’s how I always am” as a defense… you know, a cover. Yes I did say that it concerns me more, but you have to remember that it originally didn’t concern me at all… I clearly said I didn’t find it scummy. Very hypothetical situation. She was just the favorite target at the time and I was saying my views on the situation. I still don’t find camn scummy at all… sooo I’m thinking you just misunderstood.

In the same post, he also kind of has it both ways with Pine, first calling him scum and saying the "town" line was a scum slip, then turning around and doubting himself. Don't really like that.

I was asked to state my observations of the game so far. So that’s one of them. I said I wasn’t entirely sure what to think at that time. If he had asked for which person I thought was scum I probably would have said ‘no one so far’… I already mentioned in #132 that I hadn’t made any decisions yet.

I really don't get why he's attacking incog here...are you attacking him just because you don't agree with his logic on Haylen?

Yes. I don’t agree with him and I don’t think he has a good enough case on Haylen to state that she’s obviously scum.

He justifies it by saying "Incognito is my #1 suspect at the time." That's really odd; in a previous post, he attacks Camn, Bvigot, and Pine, but he dosn't vote for any of them. Why is Incognito your #1 suspect, when you made stronger points against other people just a few posts ago?

WAIT. I did NOT attack camn… I made it very clear that I said I did NOT find her scummy. I think you may have misunderstood that. I was asked what I thought about what was going on and I had to mention camn since that was the main even going on at that time. No attack. Just my opinion.

As for bvoigt, I found his sheeping suspicious, but I didn’t think he was scum just because of that. I even said so in that same post.

I don’t believe, as you’re claiming, that I had strong points against any of those three, (maybe Pine, but there was also a misunderstanding on my part) and they were all cleared up in later posts. Once again, I was asked to make observations. Also, I did not just make a vote on Incognito on a whim as you’re implying. After he told me that Haylen was obvscum I ISO’d him to see what his case against her was and did some comparisons and analysis and decided that I found him scummy. Much more involved than the other three observations (“attacks”) you’re saying I made.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:03 am

Post by TripMyWire »

bvoigt wrote:The entirety of Trip's latest post seems to be fencesitting. :igmeou:

TripMyWire wrote:I said I wasn’t entirely sure what to think at that time.

TripMyWire wrote:As for bvoigt, I found his sheeping suspicious, but I didn’t think he was scum just because of that.

TripMyWire wrote:I don’t believe, as you’re claiming, that I had strong points against any of those three.

Those are all in the past tense. In the entirety of that last post I was explaining a previous post to Yosarian, which you already pointed out for the fence-sitting-ness... so now you're just kinda repeating yourself using the same info even though things have since changed. Again, I was asked for observations so I gave them. In fact, that last quote of mine you gave was deliberately saying so... you're not really saying anything new. In that last post I also said how I felt currently about those issues which ceases the fence-sitting-ness.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:20 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Trip wrote:Well, I was still going on my random vote and since you're now my #1 suspect why wouldn't I vote you? A quick review reveals it became the only vote on you at the time so it's not like it was too threatening. You seriously voted me for just being online when the PMs sent out, and you rolled dice for another vote... I don't see it being all that radical by comparison.

He's trying to downplay the importance of his vote. He's doing everything he can to imply that his vote on Incog is meaningless and shouldn't be worried about. That's not what you do when you actually think that you're voting for a scum; you try to pressure them, you try to get other people to agree with you. It looks like what Trip wants here is for everyone to just forget about his vote and ignore him.

I'm not trying to downplay it at all. Incognito said he was surprised by my vote and I was pointing out how it compares to his votes... kinda saying the pot calling the kettle black or whatever. Oh, and it did bring attention to him... BM even voted for him. If you believe that I'm scum trying to stick a vote on someone hoping that everyone will forget about it, why would I put it on someone without any votes already on them and try to make a whole new case for them? Wouldn't that bring about MORE attention than if I were to put it on one of the bandwagons going on at the time? Much easier for a vote to get lost among others that way.

Check out what Peregrine says in post #178...
Sure. I generally leave my vote where it is until I re-vote someone else, or until someone gets close to lynching. Then I re-examine if I want to keep my vote there.
now that looks to me like what you might be attacking me for. Sounds like a good technique for scum... especially one who just leaves their vote on someone, tries not to bring attention to it, and then can just use "that's how I roll" as an explanation in case they get questioned about it. So his vote was on Haylen and it was up to 3 votes at the time, as you yourself pointed out... now that sounds like a good technique for scum. How come you don't attack him for it?

Yosarian2 wrote:Trip's comment was terrible because throwing out stuff to see if something happens and to try and get the game moving is what a townie should be doing at the start of day 1

Yes, but content and technique matter. I believe the stuff he was throwing out, and the way he was doing it, was scummy. I explained it all in my voting post, and I know you don't agree with it, and I wish I could find some more evidence to convince you but he has somewhat disappeared.

camn wrote:Does that make sense?

Yeah, I was just dumb for bringing it up. I didn't find you scummy at all, and for argument's sake against meta I tried to find reasons how your actions could be scummy etc. and it just kinda backfired on me. Like I said in a previous post, I'm also very much against meta arguments.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 am

Post by TripMyWire »

I was very surprised with Pine's sudden hammering of Peregrine. Yes, Luigi really seems like he would be a mafia character, but I do not believe that a mafia member would fake claim with such a condemning role, knowing that he is a bad guy and all. You based your vote solely on this idea, and it is the perfect excuse for a mafia member to get away with it: "Well, of COURSE Luigi is mafia.... oops!"
VOTE: Pine
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Pine wrote:I figured she was going for the "Mafia wouldn't fakeclaim that role, it's too damning" defense. Looks like it produced that reaction from Trip.

Really? Well you certainly left that out of your explanation for the vote, and that definitely would have been an important thing to state as it would have helped your case. It seems to me like you realized your mistake, said 'oh yeah, I totally considered that' to try to cover it up, and then that last sentence has an accusatory feel that would make sense for you to say only IF Peregrine turned out to be mafia... which he's not... so why say it? So back to the point... if you're telling the truth, why did you leave that reasoning out of your vote? It only could have helped you and I believe it was worth discussing before hammering.
Pine wrote:Trip, have you seen Repo?

Yes.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:07 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Hey guys. Sorry I've been gone but I had surgery on Tuesday and the recovery was not as easy as it was supposed to be. I mentioned it to the mod last week but I forgot to mention it here in the game. After a quick read I'll UNVOTE: Pine since he shot me down in #331. Oops.

bvoigt wrote:
Yosarian2 kind of explained this already, but BM was trying to get Incognito lynched early in the day, and then when Yos defended Incognito, and attacked Trip (who was also voting Incog), BM tried to get him lynched as well. To me, this says that Yos was a townie standing in the way of a mislynch.

Yeah, that looks suspicious, but BM didn't try all that hard to get him lynched, and changed his vote just a few posts later. I was in no real danger of being lynched at that point, so his actions to me seem more like he was just looking for a new target to get a wagon going on after the previous one got cold. He found what he saw were faults in someone's argument and went after them instead. He was probably hoping that Green Crayons, who had not been getting along with Yosarian at that point and was also the most town-looking player, would join him.

Fugitive wrote:I'm excited for when Trip gets back so I can see him in action. At this moment his wagon is meaningless to me.

The wagon ON me or the wagon I was ON?

I'll post more later.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 am

Post by TripMyWire »

V/LA from later today through the 4th
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:16 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Back in town - got the prod - will post soon.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Okay. I'm back.

Medicated Lain wrote:Anyways, if I were pointing to anyone based on BM connections, it would definitely be Trip based on their interactions day one, sorry trip ><

Aw. It's okay, I still love you.
I've already said my thoughts about the speculation on his supposed connection with me... and there isn't much to add. I don't think, as Green Crayons is suggesting, that BM was trying to put space between himself and Yosarian. I still believe he was just hoping for a wagon (with Green Crayons as the most likely supporter) on Yosarian. I believe Yosarian is town.
Incognito wrote:but I really think we should be lynching Thor Today.

Just because the previous two in the slot never posted anything? At least give him a chance to catch up first.
Pine wrote:Picking up prod. Skimmed the thread, looks like nothing important has happened since I left for vacation. Vote on Incog remains. Had a good time, even worse 3G access than expected in the mountains.

Thanks for the postcard.
Wait.... so that's it? Pressure's off you so now you're just gonna lurk?
Pine wrote:Been paying attention, just not had comments come to me.

I don't think that's how you're supposed to play the game.
So why are you voting Incognito again?
Pine wrote:I've had suspicions from the start.

Oh, that's right. Can you elaborate on that please?
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Hi guys. Sorry, busy weekend.
I'm leaning towards an Incognito lynch. In addition to why I voted him day 1, I believe his determination to lynch Thor's slot was scummy. It's a way to narrow down the town without raising too many flags. It's a safe move for scum to make since at that time there were no solid scum suspects, yet plenty of fingers being pointed... it would have been an easy way to get a kill without revealing as much information as would be revealed if a more prominent participant were lynched. He didn't seem willing at all to wait around for Thor to get a word in either.
The thing that is keeping me from voting for him is what Yosarian pointed out in 475. It makes me hesitate a bit... but BM was so fickle in his actions that I believe it definitely could have been distancing from Incognito. Maybe he overdid it a little? Incognito wasn't in terrible danger of being lynched at that time at all so it seems it was pretty safe for him to do that.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Oh man. So much has happened.
Thor... Papa Smurf?
Green Crayons wrote:- Glad to see Trip is doing the non-committal dance once again in post 489 (that's sarcasm). Is this is play style or is his vocal back-and-forth new to this game? It's one thing to see or vocalize a conflict in opinion. But to then just leave it there and do nothing - especially at this stage of the game, when there is plenty ability to contribute something substantive and a deadline in coming up - is suspicious.

Ugh. This is the same thing that got me in trouble last game... and to make it worse I've had very little time to commit to the game since my surgery. If I would have known I would have asked for a replacement.
So other than that, the big thing going against me right now is BM's activity? Sigh. I can't explain his actions anymore than I already have tried.

VOTE: Incognito
Should have done that in my last post.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Thor665 wrote:
That I am fatherly and/or participate in a lot of Newbie games so there's some sort of paternal thing towards Newbies implied.

After my newbie game with you as IC, I say it fits :)

Do you think Incog is actually scummy, or is this a 'I'm not scum, he might be' vote?

Scummy. It was between him and Pine.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:48 am

Post by TripMyWire »

bvoigt wrote:Now that he's seen that Incognito does have a good chance of getting lynched, he finally places a vote on him.

No, that's not the situation at all. It WOULD have been the case if I voted for him back in the post you quoted. However since that post many votes on him have been removed. (Though it's been kind of hard to keep track of votes without an official vote count.) The "good chance" was over by the time I made my vote so I don't see how that helps your argument.
Medicated Lain wrote:Alright Trip, Thor may not be interested, but I'm interested in a claim from you before this happens!

Should I claim now then?
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:05 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Medicated Lain wrote:I call for a claim.

Okie dokie. I am DJ Granny, a VT. If you blink while watching the movie you'll miss her. To quote the role PM: "As one of the most important members of the Genetic Opera, it's up to you to help drive out the scum. Just because you're old doesn't mean you're defenseless, after all."
Ta-da!
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Egad! Am I a goner? Is that how you spell that? Looks like go-ner rather than gon-er. Sigh. Oh well.

Medicated Lain wrote:Ah that be trip by another name. ^^

Hehehe. Wrong username, Yoko! ;)
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Aww c'mon guys, I'm still at work. I was planning on posting when I got home, but probably won't get there in time before the deadline.
Pine wrote:I find the claim plausible but unlikely. It's just too obscure, when Repo! hardly lacks for enough characters to fill a mini.

Yeah, we know how well it went the last time you hammered someone because of their character. Poor Peregrine. Knowing what we know now, I don't think it's worth basing votes on character claims. I'm sure after tonight's flips you'll finally agree.

I don't have time to write a bunch and pretty much everything I need to say I've already said.

Farewell, my dearest Medicated Lain. I will miss you, my love. See you after work.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:49 am

Post by TripMyWire »

VOTE: Incognito

So everyone is voting me just because of BM's actions and PoE, right?
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Incognito wrote:@Medicated Lain: Trip hasn't been in the hospital all game, so I don't get why you're still using that as a defense for him. When he was out of the hospital his posting still was pretty bad; why haven't you considered that when deciding whether or not to vote for him?

I'm close friends with Medicated Lain outside of the Mafia world and she knows my situation and knows how difficult it's been for me to be involved with the game since the surgery... so I'm sure that's why she's giving me plenty of slack in this game. I didn't want to keep using it as an excuse for the sudden lack of posting... and I didn't want to make any promises about when I'd be back in the game. If I would have known what things would be like I would have asked for a replacement. I underestimated things... but it's all returning to normal now.

I'm fairly confused about the camn slight claim thing. I don't know the game well enough to know which role fits her explanations... my guess is that her role has some kind of mechanic specific to this game...?

I believe Incognito is the best choice for a lynch. The same reasoning as before since he hasn't done anything since, and I'm obviously not going to attribute his 'disappearance' to being scummy.

I don't have any additional time right now, but I'll do my best to post either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Medicated Lain wrote:Ugh, alright, we are just waiting and waiting right now. Trip: I give you 48 hours to post something of substance and convince me not to vote you. Otherwise, I will vote you, and have this game move on. Unless others find a reason to object.

Alright, Medicated Lain, here’s why you should vote for Incognito instead of me.

His first initial votes were all based on reasons that didn’t have to do with this game. He took Haylen’s obviously joking wagon seriously, then when he decided to vote between camn and Haylen he used dice, he rolled Haylen, then he declared her “obvscum”. He then leaves his “obvscum” choice to hop on Peregrine’s wagon claiming he wants to just ‘turn up the heat’. If Haylen is so “obvscum”, why would he leave his #1 suspect to hop on the bandwagon of someone he didn’t even suspect of being scummy until a juicy wagon started rolling. To me, it looks like scum going after an easy kill. Then on day 2, he goes after Thor’s slot, wanting an immediate lynch of a slot that had posted essentially no content. The problem with that is Thor is a very active player, and, from what I’ve seen, a very experienced one as well. Why kill off a slot before someone they get a chance to speak and to provide information? Information is what the town needs to lynch scum... and Incognito wanted to cut him off before he had a chance to speak. To me, it looks like a chance at another easy lynch. Part of his evidence?
“And for even more anecdotal evidence, I should mention that the only time I've just given up and replaced out of a game that I JUST replaced into was a game that I was scum in. So yeah, Thor needs to die.”
That really doesn’t help us, though. Shouldn’t we have gone on the information and scum leads we had at that moment rather than kill off someone we knew NOTHING about? So Thor posted and it didn’t go anywhere (like his case on “Obvscum” Haylen) and so he then goes to camn for a day, and then switches to the wagon on me. And now we’re here.

So that's my case on him.

And the major evidence against me? Speculation based on BM's actions.

Vote for Incognito since we at least have actual substance and evidence for his lynch, and just speculation for mine.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Thor665 wrote:@TMW - also PoE and ennui.

What's ennui?
Medicated Lain wrote:Triiiiiip! Rest of town, where is your head on them?

Quick reads:

Scum:
Incognito is scum.
Pine would be my second choice for scum. His quick hammer of Peregrine without allowing discussion on his claim bugs me. His whole attitude bugs me. His light touch bugs me. His statement of his game plan bugs me... he says he only posts when asked a question. Or when he is under pressure. He then chooses someone, sticks with it, then comes back every once in a while saying, 'oh yeah, I believe this person is still scummy, same reasons, my job is done here, bye.' It seems like a good game plan for scum. The problem is that he is voting for Incognito.

Town:
Yosarian is town.
Bvoigt is town.
Thor is town... it's hard to think of him as anything but town after my newbie game with him as IC...

Undecided:
You, my love, are a puzzle. I've been very wary of analyzing you... but you seem just as sweet and innocent as you are in reality so if I had to make a choice... I'd say town.
camn is a tough one. I was convinced she was town day one, but now I'm not sure.
Haylen... can't tell.

Medicated Lain wrote:
My guess would be that either one of Incog or Camn is scum,
but based on my readings, I'm more likely to think that camn is scum than Incog.

Is Pine still your #1 choice though?
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:26 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Thor665 wrote:
TripMyWire wrote:
Thor665 wrote:@TMW - also PoE and ennui.

What's ennui?

Google is your friend;

Gosh I'm dumb. Since it was immediately following a mafia abbreviation I thought it was some mafia term...
Thor665 wrote:Oh, hey TMW and camn, how're tricks?

Huh?
Thor665 wrote:Yos is stridently against the Incog lynch.
I think Yos is town.
I'm giving him benefit of the doubt on the read.

Noooooooo. Sigh. I think Yosarian is town. I also think Incognito is scum. Does that just not compute?
InflatablePie wrote:

[2] camn - Incognito, Thor665

A camn wagon? I can possibly see it in her actions lately. Alright, so it seems no one has looked into the interactions between camn and BM yet and since that is the main reason people are voting for me I figure it would be the best way to help clear my name.
BM mentions camn very little in his posts. He first 'PoS'es her jokingly. Then he asks why someone thinks camn is town. Then he defends camn against Yosarian in the same post he defends me against Yosarian. "I suppose i'll offer a courtesy FoS: Yosarian2 for inconsistency of argument. Why are you attacking Tripmywire for something (admittedly i hadnt noticed this) that i am equally guilty of? I'm not buying the point about Camn either." He 'FoS'es Yosarian. He uses this as a stepping stone to his vote against Yosarian. camn was a part of his Yosarian case just as much as I was but he had more to go on with me. He definitely could also have been wanting to defend camn just as much as he could have wanted to defend me. Then in post #186 he says "i think we can safely assume Camn is town, simply from the fact that everyone is happy to buddy her at this point. lol more later" I think this could definitely be scum defending his scum partner in an innocent way by using everyone else as his excuse. In the very next post he says "btw, please take anything i am posting now with a pinch of salt, as i might have incurred a concussion." Though, in my opinion, this is not a serious post, he may have felt that he 'revealed' too much in the previous post by posting some illogical reasoning, that he had to immediately post a "qualifying" (did I use that term correctly?) post. So I guess she's moving out of my "undecided" category towards the "scum" category, but I still think Incognito is our best bet.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Thor665 wrote:Trip wagon really should have happened yesterday.

We're blaming Pine and Haylen for that, right? I just want to know who we're cursing about after endgame ;)

Awww I guess you didn't like my post... *sniff* Would it help if I buddied up with you on your camn wagon? ;)

Mod: I will be V/LA Friday through Sunday for a stupid wedding. Grrr.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

I was just making a joke since you're always talking about how people should buddy you and sheep your vote etc. What shift did I give you? And I don't need permission to vote someone. I'm voting Incognito, not camn. I'm not convinced camn is scum. I've been looking into the possibility (two posts ago) but I'd rather go with Incognito. Your post saying that I really should have been lynched yesterday came immediately after I made my post about camn/BM... what part of that message made you say that?
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Oy. I see what you mean.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:45 am

Post by TripMyWire »

bvoigt wrote:
TripMyWire wrote:Oy. I see what you mean.

Do you have a legitimate response to Thor's case?

I don't think anything I could have said would have convinced him otherwise. What he pointed out looked scummy indeed and I really wanted to leave work already ;) And when I got back I was lynched. Oy again.

So long, cruel world... back to Newbieland for me.
You can call me Trip.

TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

I didn't know there was a Dead QT!!

Wow. I'm bad at this. I never want to play as a mafia member again... I'm just too innocent.

Oh, and Battle Mage: It seems like you took offense by what we said after you died. We weren't blaming you... you really didn't do anything wrong. We were blaming your death which was out of your control. Haylen really crippled our chances during night 1 when she killed you.
You can call me Trip.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”