Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

Don't be too happy with me, I'd still rather see you lynched, but I suspect this game has DH on the brain. I suspect he's town quite strongly, but also suspect we'll never move past it till he's dead.
Or, to paraphrase one of my favorite (only?) Benmage posts;

Hey Sotty. Here's my case: I'm town. I think Demon Hybrid is town. I'm voting Demon Hybrid. Sup.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I understand it's a comprise.

Also Babyspice flipped scum, but then I don't need to tell you that. :P
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:44 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

DH calls me out for "a lack of hounding" of Chris B for his mere 15 posts, coming to the conclusion that "mith's notification of ChrisB's lurky and scummy behavior but unwillingness to explore that really shows a connection between the two."

As in: You really don't give a shit whether or not he scumhunts. It's not about his post count, it's about his lack of concrete scumhunting which you failed to even pretend existed.

DH tries to make something of this absence.

Posting "Lynch this person, slackers" without any followup is active lurking.

a. I think he's town, and haven't had much reason to doubt that read throughout the game.
b. I don't hound people for their post count anyway, so long as they are posting regularly and with content.
c. Chris B hadn't posted from the start of day 2 to his "slip" post because of a stated V/LA, and the day talk stuff has further reinforced my town read.

a. Then you aren't looking close at all.
b. He has barely any content, barely any votes. He fencesits for most of the game and agrees with cases and then backs away.
c. The daytalk IS null because it started on Day 2 and scum have nighttalk. I don't see how anyone can't see the connection there. I'm not saying it's SCUMMY, I'm saying it's NULL.

Apparent annoyance at me responding to the original point of contention (and in doing so, I have "totally cleverly avoided talking about his play")... damned if I don't respond, damned if I do. Then a subtle shift from "Why isn't mith hounding Chris B for the lurky and scummy things he noted?" to "Why else is he town?".

Because you aren't talking about his play. You're just avoiding his play and focusing on superficial stuff that always loses games for town. You, as the site CREATOR, should know better than to just say "oh, he said daytalk and went on V/LA. So he's town". Honestly, it's bewildering that I have to tell the mafiascum.net creator that.

The conclusion here is: There are some things I don't like about Chris B, mainly related to the DGB flip,

And this is what bothers me. You went from "Even if Chris B did this/Chris B did that/Even if this was scummy/Well, whatever, but" to now "I don't like some things about Chris B"? If you don't like some things about Chris B, why is he obvious town to you? You won't even try to push through the Chris B discussion to even make sense of stuff and it points to you two being scumbuddies.

This is the post which begins with "But you have nothing to say on the scummier parts of his play? You know, how his posting fits in more with active lurking? And how he avoided voting DGB?"... all of which I have talked about in the previous post.

And again, you didn't talk about the scummier parts of the play. You just said stuff like "Oh, well, that's not necessarily scummy", "Even if he DID do this", to try to warp my argument into being falsified and protect Chris.

He also invokes Sotty here: "Also, ask Sotty about how his cases lack substance. And his vote on me is just lulz-worthy." This is a really interesting comment, and one that got a bit lost in my utter disbelief at what he tries to do in his next post

I'm not invoking Sotty. I'm bringing up an example. Another scummy way to twist my argument around.

DH 762 - His response to this is "Also, your tone was that of assumed Chris B confirmed town. Get real." Which apparently means I haven't really been talking about Chris B's play all along, or something? Yeah, I'm still confused.

You don't read. At all.

Lynch this joker after I die. Fuck my team's Sotty read. Mith is so obvious that it hurts.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:51 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

My team's case on Sotty:

Sotty tries to read the DGB case but just shows up and says it's interesting and votes for pressure. She avoids stating what she agrees with, however. Posts #210, #251, #252.

Sotty avoids contact with Sevei. She has contradictory reads and tries to line up future lynches. See posts #405 (the "Sevei is a distant third" comment), #447, #449 (lays off suspicion of Sevei)

Lastly, Sotty pushes the idea that lynching off the wagon was the best decision, but was backed by an illogical argument. DGB's end-of-the-day scum interactions would leave scum wanting to control the amount of suspicion placed on them. It'd be likely if the end of DGB's wagon had 1 or 2 scum on it. #538, #623 and #625 supports this.

They also say that Amrun is town. Can't discuss much because of the ongoing Team Mafia game, however; it has to do with Klazam and Amrun's role picks.

^ Read into this later when Pick Your Power ends. I don't want to risk a modkill.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:53 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I promised to post the case, but I'm not going to follow it and vote Sotty. mith is misrepresenting me real hard, not even looking past superficial crap like V/LAs and Day 2 "town slips" and continues to chalk it up to "me trying to get a mislynch off of Chris B" instead of reading the case.

My scum picks are mith and Chris B. My team's picks are mith, Sotty and Sevei (I don't agree with the Sevei read in the least, but don't shoot the messenger).

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:56 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

And Thor, I love you too, you jerk. >_>

You want this one.
Chris B
Chris B
Townie
Chris B
Townie
Townie

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Chris B »

DemonHybrid wrote:I promised to post the case, but I'm not going to follow it and vote Sotty. mith is misrepresenting me real hard, not even looking past superficial crap like V/LAs and Day 2 "town slips" and continues to chalk it up to "me trying to get a mislynch off of Chris B" instead of reading the case.

My scum picks are mith and Chris B. My team's picks are mith, Sotty and Sevei (I don't agree with the Sevei read in the least, but don't shoot the messenger).

What's your teams case on mith, since it evidently doesn't include me? Meanwhile, what are their points/cases on Sotty and Sevei?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@DH - If you're scum, you've owned my face.
If you're town, than I sort of equally hate this tunneling muck of a town too - so we have that to bond over ;)

@Chris - he already gave the one on Sotty, so...
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Chris B wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:I promised to post the case, but I'm not going to follow it and vote Sotty. mith is misrepresenting me real hard, not even looking past superficial crap like V/LAs and Day 2 "town slips" and continues to chalk it up to "me trying to get a mislynch off of Chris B" instead of reading the case.

What's your teams case on mith, since it evidently doesn't include me? Meanwhile, what are their points/cases on Sotty and Sevei?

Well, I had JUST covered Sotty.

I'll get their thoughts on Sevei and mith; I think their mith points are the same as mine despite a town read on you.

You want this one.
Chris B
Chris B
Townie
Chris B
Townie
Townie

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Chris B »

Apologies, I missed that post. Went straight from the one about Mith/me to the post I responded to, and didn't see the one in the middle.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Amrun »

Thor665 wrote:@DH - If you're scum, you've owned my face.
If you're town, than I sort of equally hate this tunneling muck of a town too - so we have that to bond over ;)

Sorry, DH bro. Looks like you're going to hang today. No fault of mine.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Amrun wrote:
Thor665 wrote:@DH - If you're scum, you've owned my face.

Sorry, DH bro. Looks like you're going to hang today. No fault of mine.

IF I'm going to die today, give me some time for my teammates to respond so you can take some information into the next day.

Kind of annoying, but the momentum is pretty high at this point.

You want this one.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Amrun »

I say we take all the time we need. I don't know why people's panties are getting all bunched up.

Your town flip will help my cases so oh well.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Amrun wrote:I say we take all the time we need. I don't know why people's panties are getting all bunched up.

Your town flip will help my cases so oh well.

Whatever lynches scum.

You want this one.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Amrun »

It's not LyLo, so I'm not worried. I said what I think about your slot. Others don't agree.

In case I'm pants-on-heading this, the game could be over. So whatevs.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Equinox »

Hey, Thor665. I'm pretty sure your face isn't going to get owned, so how about putting your vote where you think it's supposed to be? Don't care if you disagree with my read, but you tossing responsibility to "game momentum" ain't going to sit well.

(In other news, I'm going to be doing some mith and Sotty7 reading today... for real.)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yay, equinox. :goodposting:
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Equinox - if you actually think me saying "I think he's town" magically will absolve me of guilt you are being quite silly and strange. Also, game momentum *is* an important facet of the game, and I'd rather not spend a second Day Phase dorking around on the DH question.

The reason I brought up my beliefs is for the sole and single purpose of grinding it in everyone's faces tomorrow so I can get the lynch *I* want to happen to actually happen. I don't expect it to absolve me of anything, but I do expect it to show that I was right twice in a row, so why not three times?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Equinox »

I think I'm already silly and strange for stubbornly sitting on my own little wagon. Still, look at the vote counts and DemonHybrid's reaction here. You said yourself that you think he's town, yet you're still willing to let him sit at L-1?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I dunno, ask me a third time and maybe I'll change my mind ;)

I tried to shake us up with the Sotty wagon, I tried to make a Sevei wagon, through both there is this kind of odd chant about DH because he defended DGB. Well...yes, he did. It's going to be an issue for every day he's left alive, and I would rather just chuck him into the meat grinder now than try to stumble into a mith lynch (which I don't buy into much either - but his case is more defensible) or I could sit on Sotty going 'waaaah, waaah, you all smell of old socks!' which would certainly be emotionally gratifying, or I could just actually advance the case to L-1, see some reactions, and possibly end a Day that should have ended about five days ago.

Do you think I'm passing up a wonderful case that could happen?
Do you think I'm passing up on some wonderful and insightful discussion?
No? Okay then.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yes. mith could happen and my case is wonderful. :(
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I agree that mith could happen. I also don't think he's scum.
I see your case as less pants on head movement than the DH case, but that's why the DH case will not die until he does.
Everyone can feel free to prove me wrong by getting off this wagon if you're unhappy with my logic for supporting it - that would be fine with me. Or we can embrace the hoo-hawing. Whichever.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”