mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:29 am

Post by mykonian »

RayFrost wrote:So it's all "let's guess what the mod thinks" and "this doesn't make sense to me if I were modding" stuff?

Not sure how I feel about that.

RayFrost wrote:Between DUM and Maxous, I'm torn from the perspective of being stupid. Which I am.

DUM's got this supah sweet cop abillity.

Maxous has got this supah sweet global RB.

Ability-wise, I'd say maxous should win the duel.

Reads-wise, I've got a kinda solid town read on RC from the sheer rash stupidity he's displayed. The in-hydra conflict doesn't look faked to me, which would kinda be necessary considering made up reads and the like. On maxous, I'm leaning town but not really sure on why. Feelings. I like my gut, but I've been sick lately. Who knows if I'm right. After all, I just experienced the rather gross and painful process of slowly peeling a mucus-covered sore from my nose. Mind = broken.

For the time being, I prefer maxous over DUM based on ability preference, the fact the sore makes me think of RC, and the fact DUM started a premature and moderately stupid duel on someone he didn't have claimed suspicion of (nice catch by maxous there, admittedly)

mykonian wrote:
FENCESITTING

For the people who didn't understand me. I don't blame you. Oh, before you think it: Rayfrost isn't stupid. If there is one thing he pertinently isn't, it's being stupid.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

Taking a break; halfway through.

Katsuki should claim before I provide reasoning re: myko, I think. I'll go ahead and post my whole elaboration later tonight if she hasn't by then, though, since we only have ~30 hours til duel deadline.
C-Worl
C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum

C-Worl
she/they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 am

Post by C-Worl »

I wasn't lieing about my claim. That is who I am, that is all I got. Apparently the mod didn't love me enough.
Please don’t reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Maxous »

^
Moar elephant dodging
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Vi »

Iecerint 1517 wrote:Also, please point out whether you two claimed Neighbors earlier in the game.
You would have to be blind to have missed my sudden "also Kats is Town" turn as well as my "I know what's going on with RayFrost" turn. There's another crumb in there too.

I told Kats to claim here since she's avoiding the thread. I'll see how long that lasts.

@CSL: I'll still call your duel stupid.

RayFrost probably definitely needs to die Tomorrow.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Katsuki »

I just finished an exam...

Sima Yi here, ability of INTERROGATION.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Katsuki »

I'll comment on things once I read through the thread, going out now.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Vi »

Katsuki 1530 wrote:I just finished an exam...

Sima Yi here, ability of INTERROGATION.
...and...
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Vi »

(I can't believe I'm doing this.

...why do I always wind up saying that every time I wind up Neighborized to someone?)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Gammagooey wrote:In further news of whyRayfrostwhy:

Rayfrost wrote:Mod: Do D) abilities count as A abilities? By this I mean to ask if it's possible to use both a D and an A ability on the same "night" phase.

Why did you ask this question?

I didn't know the answer.
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by RayFrost »

mykonian wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
For the time being, I prefer maxous over DUM based on ability preference, the fact the sore makes me think of RC, and the fact DUM started a premature and moderately stupid duel on someone he didn't have claimed suspicion of (nice catch by maxous there, admittedly)

mykonian wrote:
FENCESITTING

For the people who didn't understand me. I don't blame you. Oh, before you think it: Rayfrost isn't stupid. If there is one thing he pertinently isn't, it's being stupid.

Yup. FENCESITTING ALL ACROSS THE SKY.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Vi »

RayFrost wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:In further news of whyRayfrostwhy:

Rayfrost wrote:Mod: Do D) abilities count as A abilities? By this I mean to ask if it's possible to use both a D and an A ability on the same "night" phase.

Why did you ask this question?
I didn't know the answer.
You shouldn't need to know the answer.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Katsuki, there is not a great deal of time. The day-ending duel deadline is tomorrow, and Vi still needs to make her shot. Please claim fully within the next few hours.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Vi wrote:You shouldn't need to know the answer.

I don't. Doesn't mean the same for others, and I figured I should ask. *shrug* Sue me.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Whee finally I get to claim...

SIMA YI BITCHES

A. Interrogation: Neighborize ability
D. Unparalleled: Select player - their action can not be tampered with that night.

N1: Didn't get action in due to inhim power (died unexpectedly)
N2: AGM - died
N3: Rayfrost --> Vi

Off to make food.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Great! Just waiting on Vi to shoot now.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I must have missed your claim somewhere..
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

He claimed when he was dueling T-bone, go iso him.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Oh I remember now.

I'll throw up a list of claims sometime tonight.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Yeaaah went back over some stuff and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be voting Max to win tommorrow, the thing with me as a lyncher and trying to figuring out Vi's role and his early play definitely looks townier than DUM's play, even adding in DUM's shenanigans with the duel today more likely coming from town.

Myk is a fine shot even though I don't think he'll flip scum- Iec is probably the best shot at actual scum at this point IMO and gives an extra shot at hitting scum today with his extra shot if we're wrong, and although I'm still fairly paranoid of Katsuki-scum given that he could have just claimed the bounce neighborize to try and make Ray's claim more legit.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Here are the remaining claims IIRC while we're waiting on Vi:

1.)Katsuki -- Neighborizer with Interrogation flavor -- Sima Yi
2.)Vi -- Daykiller, currently Neighborized with Katsuki by way of RF -- Cao Cao
3.)Iecerint -- Duel-canceller, activated vengekiller -- Cao Pi
5.)Gammagooey -- Free dueler, roleblocker -- Xiahou Dun
9.)Drunken Unicorn Master -- unactivated Cop -- Zhang Liao
10.)mykonian -- Backup role, currently Hated s/p killing Cai Wenji -- [some random dude who doesn't even have a unique character model]
12.)Maxous -- unactivated one-night nightkill-stopper -- [some random dude who doesn't even have a unique character model]
16.)RayFrost -- nexus, unactivated self-redirector -- Zhong Hui
17.)C-Worl -- unactivated roleblocker -- [some random dude who doesn't even have a unique character model]

Thoughts for now re: claims specifically:

1. There is DEFINITELY scum in the random-dudes. Of them, I think myko is most likely to be scum because Cai Wenji being Hated makes no sense whatsoever and either Sun Ce or Sun Quan makes good sense as some kind of "back-up" role. Focusing on rhetoric about RF when a duel's already been declared + lurky play where possible + stolen duel earlier in the game pretty much seals the deal.

2. DUM, did you ever claim the name of your Cop ability?

More when we've got one more flip.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Eh, I'll go ahead and post my big post. There's not time, and today should not go on without my posting it.
IECERINT'S BIG POST wrote:When I received my D) ability, SX included a specification that I appeared to have interpreted it incorrectly. Rather than select a vengekill target AFTER dying, I choose a player BEFORE dying, and that player dies along with me after I die, whenever that should be. (The original wording is ambiguous about when the choosing would happen.) His way of clarifying it was that it was analogous to making myself one-way lovers with someone rather than vengekilling.

At this point and throughout the day I've been (slowly) PMing SX for clarifications regarding how I can use conditionals to set-up ability activations. Of particular interest is what happened after a series of queries that I sent after I became suspicious of Vi re: the "daykilling scum" hypothesis. Though I didn't think TOO much of it at the time, I was surprised by one specific allowance: I could use "Cut Through: I" (that is, an abbreviation of "Cut Through: Iecerint" such that it would activate "before" the daykill was used), and it would constitute a result where Vi would be killed by my subsequent death. However, I could NOT assign a vengekill during twilight.

I didn't dwell on it until a little after that, but that makes NO SENSE if Vi's ability works the way she claims it does. I shouldn't be able to interrupt her post and act in the middle of it like that; the point of conditional/triggered activations is to accommodate strategic intentions with the slower pace of MS play, not to introduce a whole new microgame. I'm extremely confident of this interpretation because when I tried sending SX more complex conditionals (like, if such and such is true AND this is false AND I've used Prince of Chaos, etc.), he specified that anything too crazy was kind of beyond the intent of the mechanic.

Given the above, the simplest reason I was allowed to use "Cut Through: I" as the basis of activation is that Vi's in-game kills are fake. They have no DIRECT connection to the player dying. They are masking one faction's otherwise-silent daykill.

[The following text is a bit deprecated -- this was written pre-claims -- but I still think it's worth including.]

While I'm not CERTAIN about her scumfriend, I SUSPECT that it is DUM. Consider the following:

1) The timing of DUM's claim.
2) The flavor-character of DUM's claim.
3) Vi's intent to kill DUM or C-Worl D3 AND...
4) ...Her shifted intent to kill C-Worl or myko today.
[<--- This part was mistaken; I had mis-remembered D3]
5) DUM's quick move to solidify anti-Gamma sentiment as soon as Ludi flipped, even though much of the anti-Gamma argument applied with equal validity to Vi.

I can elaborate on what I mean by any of this upon request. I want to keep this reasonably short.

tl;dr

Vi is confirmed scum. If she is not, I will eat my hat irl. She's probably Liu Bei if she's telling the truth about not being able to be dueled, which I assume she is.

I wanted to see how Vi would use her "daykill" if I put pressure on her a little, but feigned ignorance of the totality of what was going on -- I thought she might kill a scumfriend to throw off a Iec who only kinda knew what was up -- but there are fewer than 24 hours, so I'm posting it now.

Thoughts on the duel in a separate post.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Basically, I think DUM is scum for the above + the random duel on unclaimed Maxous, of all players. His team probably thought the Cop D) would be enough to give him the benefit of the doubt (same on the claim timing). One thing worth noting is that if he flips scum, his team probably doesn't have Katsuki on it, because I think she'd be able to come up with something more plausible (being that she knows the flavor a little).

Voting for Max to win is probably best.

I'm not sold 100% on Max, though, so I considered No Winner for awhile, but I figure it may be worth letting him stop the nightkill, anyway, since we can't kill Vi today, anyway, and he's on Vi's daykilling scumteam if he's scum. If he fails to stop it, Gamma can duel him tomorrow. THOUGH -- we might want to get clarification on whether Max can use the ability the same night he activates it.

If myko flips scum, and I think he will, that will make my Max worries go away a little. Other than the above, my main concern about Max is claimed-based -- he claimed a really fancy, flavorful ability and a does-not-actually-exist-in-the-game role. While I don't think ALL the nothing-roles are scum (e.g. T-Bone's Xu Huang claim was decently flavorful), I do think the juxtaposition of "blah" character and "UWA" ability is contrary to how theme games are made. Game-makers give fancy stuff to legitimate characters; that's what makes it fun for fans, etc.
Drunken Unicorn Master
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Drunken Unicorn Master »

RC here, and a few things I need to say:

a) What are you guys talking about? I clearly stated that I was going to duel Maxous at the soonest possible opportunity.
b) To whoever said I haven't expressed suspicion of Maxous before, check my ISO again. I clearly expressed suspicion.

In fact, Vi made a point of pointing out this very thing to somebody ELSE who wasn't paying attention:

Vi wrote:
Maxous wrote:I would like a conclusion for Reaper Charlie's suspects. He accused everybody but Ludi and C-Worl of being mafia.
Katsuki is looking like she is playing buddies with Drunken Unicorn.

The case for mykonian is weak and/or not well explained. mykonain's lurking in this scenario is a null-tell.

Except for how it's not.

I'm also pretty sure DUM has said "mykonian, Vi, Maxous" for a while now.

There you have it folks. That was AT LEAST 200 posts ago. So it's not like I just pulled it out of my butt.

Anyway, on to other, more important things.
Expect massive differences in our posting styles, but just in case it's not clear: We are SO town. :)
Drunken Unicorn Master
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Drunken Unicorn Master »

Maxous wrote:I would like a conclusion for Reaper Charlie's suspects. He accused everybody but Ludi and C-Worl of being mafia.
Katsuki is looking like she is playing buddies with Drunken Unicorn.

Though your request was already answered by Vi (and quoted again in the post above this), I must ask: Any particular reason why you refer to me/us as Reaper Charlie in the first sentence, but Drunken Unicorn in the last? There seems to be absolutely no pro-town benefit to doing that.

Maxous wrote:So yeah I think Iecerint is town - no particular reason..just do.

I would like RayFrost to explain why dueling and/or killing him is dangerous. I am tempted to call his bluff. That subtle defence on T-Bone still stands out to me.

Please quote/rehash RayFrost's defense on T-Bone? I wouldn't be surprised if RF was scum with T-Bone. In fact, I remember saying something like this before.
Expect massive differences in our posting styles, but just in case it's not clear: We are SO town. :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”