Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I guess it would be similar to the first. Basically, I'd be protecting that person from an ABILITY.

@Sky: Sorry for my reasoning for you being a bit bad. I still had some scum vibes from you.

Also I try not to rely on gambits. This is why I went against it.

I was hoping to get to L-1 tho...

Btw, is it odd we have a JK, and me, a BG?

Vote Count

• Ranmaru: 3 (RisingPhoenix, Mana_Ku, inHimshallibe) L-5
    Reck: 2 (Kublai Khan, Scott Brosius) L-6
    Scott Brosius: 1 (DeityKabuto) L-7
    RisingPhoenix: 5 (Reck, Hiraki, mastin2, Slaxx, Ranmaru) L-3

Not Voting: 2 (Silver1337) L-7

With 14 players, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline countdown timer:
(expired on 2011-06-17 18:39:00)
[/quote]
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Skyquiem wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:BGs don't function like a normal doctor, ever.

UT probably got confused by the role.

The role he's claiming reads as some form of redirection which from memory are banned in normals. Looking for the article I read.

You are correct. Anything that can distort a normal report (besides godfather and possibly miller? are banned)
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Skyquiem »

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Normal_Game
Mechanics which are explicitly Non-Normal include:

* Those affecting a role's alignment (no Cults).
* Anything which significantly affects the core mechanic of majority/plurality lynches (no Kingmaker, for example).
* Anything resolving with a random element, with the exception of missed night choices. It must be included in the public ruleset if you are resolving night choices in this way.
* Post Restrictions (other than those included in the ruleset, such as "No quoting your Role PM").
* Lying to the players, including False Role Reveals and "Scum Masons".
* Night action redirection (no Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, or Redirector).

* Alignments other than Mafia/Werewolf, Pro-Town, and Serial Killer (no Survivor,
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Ranmaru wrote:I guess it would be similar to the first. Basically, I'd be protecting that person from an ABILITY.

@Sky: Sorry for my reasoning for you being a bit bad. I still had some scum vibes from you.

Also I try not to rely on gambits. This is why I went against it.

I was hoping to get to L-1 tho...

Btw, is it odd we have a JK, and me, a BG?

It actually makes sense. Doc+JK or RB+JK would be uh, no. but BG+JK is fine.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

That's why I didn't really want to send an action n0, I don't want scum giving an inno because of me. Really?

Ah. Btw, Again, I now have a town read on Slaxx. I liked the push, even though at first I didn't like his reason coming in.

Reck, may have been gambiting. Take it with a bit of salt.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I know redirectors are banned in normals but the idea of "the kill targets you instead" could easily be misconstrued as "the action targets you instead".

Town's reaction to a mason claim, when it is being claimed by someone who up until that point hasn't been suspected by that townie, isn't go to "Bullshit, you're BOTH scum".

Scum's reaction is, though.

Scum attacking a mason, whose buddy claims to stop his lynch, is to immediately go "BULLSHIT". Town's reaction is "Oh fuck, maybe I'm wrong then".

RisingPhoenix is confirmed scum plz lynch etc

At least my gambit caught us scum.
green shirt thursdays
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Skyquiem »

I need to do a another good re-read, I don't see your Manu_Ku scum-read Slaxx, care to explain?

Yeah Reck, I agree his reaction was incredibly weird but I still am nowhere near ready to end the day.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Yeah, hold up. Let me wait for my super fucking awesome Arnold Palmer Monster Energy drink thingy to cool, then I will sip it and write up my thoughts on what has happened so far.

Also, this has been an enjoyable game so far, so I thank you all for that. Its been a while since I have played a game that didnt make me want to go lay down in a dark hole.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

You're welcome :P
green shirt thursdays
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

You are welcome. (for finding me scummy :P)
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Also I honestly don't know what I did differently from my other games as opposed to here.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

You're not scummy IMO that's why I fucking gambited to save you
green shirt thursdays
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Ah, thanks. I was considering going with it, but I have gone with something similar before, and lost town because of that.

I was planning on waiting for l-1 to claim for opportunistic scum.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Or rather, to claim to CATCH opportunistic scum on my wagon.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Also, if I was killed instead of you, you'd most likely catch heat for it.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

xRECKONERx wrote:Things to note about RisingPhoenix’s iso (because I don’t feel like wallposting):

- Opens up the game with an IGMEOY on me… the next post where he mentions me, he says he has a “gut town read” on me… only to turn around and go “but last time I had a gut town on him and was wrong”. He effectively fence-sits on me, while also not giving any substantial reasoning for his reads of me.
- He pressures Ranmaru early on, which is in my opinion, scum applying pressure to a weak link while ignoring/staying away from the obvious VI (Kabuto) for +townpoints if he gets lynched. What’s even more hilarious, though, is that he attacks Ranmaru for both fence-sitting AND not giving full reasons for his reads, when he did the exact same things in regards to me.
- After he realizes he has some grounds to attack Ranmaru, he pretty much locks himself into a scumtunnel and does nothing else the entire game. Observe
o iso 03: tries to convince DK to vote Ranmaru
o iso 04: asks Ranmaru an open question
o iso 05: responds to a Ranmaru post
o iso 06: responds to a Ranmaru post
o iso 07: responds to a Ranmaru post + asks Hiraki why he voted RP
o iso 08: responds to Ranmaru’s question of “who has played with Empking”
o iso 09: asks why everyone is ignoring Ranmaru
o iso 10: promises a big general analysis on Ranmaru + attacks his reads
o iso 11: questions Ranmaru’s reads
o iso 12: tells mastin2 to vote Ranmaru
o [ a few useless fluff posts]
o iso 15: ah, NOW he finally posts a case on Ranmaru
o iso 16: banter with Ranmaru about the case
o iso 17: more attacks on Ranmaru
- After his original vote on Ranmaru, he breaks off twice: once to ask Hiraki a question (then never comes back to him), and just now that I’ve thrown down a vote on him.

Summary:
RisingPhoenix locked himself into a tunnel early on and hasn’t shown the slightest bit of desire to pull out of it. Ranmaru just
screams
easy mislynch to me… but he’s a mislynch that can actually put up a fight and thus not make an attack/tunnel on him look like a big scummy lion eating a wounded gazelle (which is what the DeityKabuto lynch would look like). If Ranmaru gets lynched, then he put up a fight and flips town and there’s a lot of suspects besides RisingPhoenix. If the wagon shifts elsewhere, RisingPhoenix can keep going “WAHHH WHY IS NOBODY LISTENING TO ME ABOUT RANMARU!” until the other lynch happens, which would then result in RisingPhoenix starting Day 2 with “Will you please listen to me about Ranmaru now?” and parking his vote on him again. Ranmaru is, quite frankly, a safe place for scum to hide. And to top it all off, RisingPhoenix’s meta does not match up with Elite Scumhunting Unit at all.

Conclusion:
RisingPhoenix is scum.

Quoting this for emphasis.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Well, I laid it out there for you.

unvote
Vote risingphoenix

Wait, you're saying you have gone along with a gambit before? Sense your actions do not much make.

Holy shit Hiraki, I cried.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Alright, so I am working off the assumption of Recktown and Rantown right now. If Ran somehow isn't town (pretty sure he is for now) that will show soon enough. I really don't think Reck would stick his neck out this far for a scumbuddy, or for a townie AS scum, so he is pretty town to me right now. So now since I have two people I am pretty confident are town, its pretty much like Day 2, which is when piecing the puzzle together gets fun. So I think are main bit of information right now is to look at the wagon:

Ranmaru
: 5 (RisingPhoenix, Skyquiem, Slaxx, Mana_Ku, inHimshallibe) L-3

I still am not quite sure why this bandwagon was hard to get going if it was on town. But it went decently fast and then stalled. I feel like there are 1-2 scum in here. I think what would make the most sense is Risingphoenix + InHimShallIBe. If Rising is scum, I am clearing Sky. He wouldn't sheep a scumbuddy onto the bandwagon like that. So right away we have:

Maximum of one scum in (RisingPhoenix, Skyquiem) with RP being the likely candidate. Sky (particularly the mystery head since I can never read Reg) has given me gut town vibes and has been coming to a lot of the same conclusions about all this stuff.

Mana_Ku and InHim had the most awkward entrances onto the bandwagon. Actually, Mana's wasn't that bad. I remember it being worse. I could see one of (inHimIShallBe, Mana Ku), and more likely IHISB, on the tail end of the wagon. This might be why the wagon slowed: the last person to be voting was scum, and they didn't want to be caught with two buddies on the wagon, with one at the tail end. I also think that if Ran happens to flip scum, one of (Mana/inHim) might be going in for the midwagon bus. This is more of speculation, but I think it makes sense.

Anyway, that leaves two scum within the pool of

(Mastin, Gorilla, Kublikahn, Hiraki, Silver, Scott), assuming Diety is town. Kubli and Mastin aren't scum together, so this leaves 1-2 scum in the pile of

(Gorilla, Hiraki, Silver, Scott).

If anyone has strong town reads on any of those four let me know why now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Skyquiem has also given me gut town vibes.

So vote RisingPhoenix, the other option there.
green shirt thursdays
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Slaxx, I,happen to have a strong town read on inHim.

Also your name autocorrects to Aladdin.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Skyquiem »

Town Reads

1. Reck - Town:
I don't see him attempting to gambit like that as scum, it's far too risky and could severely backfire.
2. Deity Kabuto - Town:
I don't see myself doubting the legitimacy of his jailkeeper claim, the timing and context of it read as geninue as does the fact that there is minimal scum-motivation for instantly claiming a role like that out loud the largest one being the possibilty of being counter claimed in a setup such as this.
3. Manu_Ku - Town
: Her reaction attempt on us reads as a town-tell, I don't see her attempting to form a bandwagon without any reasoning attached as scum as she would know it would lead towards attention and focus being draw towards her as well as the possibility of a counter-wagon.
4. Gorilla - Leaning Town:
This is highly meta based but I read his intial comment in the game as well as his continual frustrated attitude as a town-tell. I don't see him attempting to fake forgetting his role and he wouldn't forget it as scum.
5. Khan - Leaning Town:
Khan vs Mastin read as T v T throughout most of the early game although that's changing to a degree now with the reduction of our town-read on Mastin. His scumhunting attempts and questions read as productive and geninue as does the fact I believe he would have shot Mastin N1. [H1] I don't really get that very often- I suck at Town reads D1. This is a good thing- I will kick myself in the ass if he turns up scum- but I don't plan on not changing my mind about him during the course of the game [/H1]
6.Silver - Leaning Town:
I'm currently reading him as newb overcautious town, the fact his FoS's weren't those that everyone else was jumping on reads as a town-tell. I would have expected a newer player to either vote Rising or Ranmaru in that position as scum to attempt to either push a msylnch or fit in with the crowd.
7. Slaxx- Leaning Town:
His throughts and thought process throughout the game has been very similar to ours and his aggresiveness in pushing a lynch is a massive town-tell of his, as scum he's normally more hesitant.

Null Reads

inHimShalllibe - Null:
I'm having difficulty reading him due to his severe lack of content, from what I've observed that's his general playstyle regardless of allignment as well.
Hiraki - Null:
Can never get a solid read on him.
Mastin - Null:
His play has been up and down through the game so far finding it hard to get a solid read on him.
Ranmaru - Null:
Leaving him here until I finish reading into his role-claim.

Scum Reads

Scott - Scum:
His play this game has consisted of hydra hunting as well as ignoring all the leading wagons, this is the opposite of what I've seen of his town play in the past. We're both fairly confident in this read.
RisingPhoenix - Leaning Scum
: I had a town-read on him due to his aggresion on the Ran lynch earlier but his reaction to the mason claims as Reck stated doesn't read as geninue.

Leaning towards a Scott+Rising + 2 of Hiraki/Mastin/inHim scum-team. I'm ready to vote whenever you are H1. I'm heading home now so I won't be on for 5-6 hours.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Pretty sure I am on RP.

If not,
vote RP
RisingPhoenix
RisingPhoenix
Goon
RisingPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by RisingPhoenix »

Geez, that wasnt predictable at ALL!
Reck, you're terrible when it comes to BSing claim. I wont tell you you're doing what you're accusing me of because itd make you cry, but im telling you regardless.
I'm saying I'm coming for Reck tomorrow if Ranmaru flips town because he's trying to line up my lynch with that of Ranmaru, even though town is town is a common scenario (statistic, etc)
Ranmaru not even understanding his own fakeclaim is lulzy
Reck thinking he's obvtown because he managed to fool 2 and a half player with his BS is lulzier
This wagon on me with a lack of a case (I disproved that quote above my post already, which Reck has failed to give a response to, big surprise there!) is lulziest.

So... back to the scheduled program!
Do you want to retract your claim and come up with something less credible Ranmaru? It'll be hard, but you can do it!

To whoever said it: No, BG+JK does not make sense, stop being dense. JK alone is already pretty overkill, BG on top is just crap.

EDIT: Inhim, you're voting me because...?
EDIT: Slaxx, the irony of talking about wagon speed and voting me is... yeah.
EDIT: I know you basically dont do anything beside gut stuff, considering your posts are full of crap, but make an effort for a change and answer my disproval of your "case"
EDIT: Skyquiem, because I didnt fall for the most obvBS claim ever I'm scum? REALLY?
FUJIYAMA VOLCANO!
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

BG+JK isnt crap. I am pretty sure JK is balanced slightly against town, while BG is slightly balanced for town. Someone with more experience with setups comment on this?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Also, my vote was hammer. Oops xD

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”