Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Moving for house sitting hit a bit of a snag. Will have a post tonight
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

Thor665 wrote:@Rag - Pretty much when I read all that wall what I get is "I don't have reads on anyone, except maybe Ant and a gut town read on Pere. Whoop-dee-doo.
You've also correctly identified that I play differently Day 2+ from how I play Day 1. I submit - doesn't everyone? It's kinda the point of Day 1.

I have reads on everyone. The only fully null reads I have are Magua, Master, and Mike.

Not everyone plays differently on day 1, especially not to the degree that your play changed. Your change in play was something that I felt may have been relevant in future analysis, which is why i noted it. Could you explain why you're playing the way you are right now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Rag - you're starting up a meta case on me while admitting lack of awareness of my meta. If you want it to stick don't you owe it to yourself to go research a handful of recent games I've been in to see whether or not I have a playstyle shift.

I'm playing the way I am right now because right now we have infinitely more information than we had Day 1.

and most of your reads are null - you blathered a lot on them but when you say stuff like Town/scum...well, that means you've got jack all as a read on that player. aka - null.
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Ragnarokio »

Town/Scum is more relevant in future analysis than Null is, because null means that someone's behaviour is untelling, and town/scum means that someones behaviour could be either town or scum, and as time goes off you can often eliminate one of those sides. Even excluding the town/scum reads, I still have reads on half the players.

I wasn't attacking you because your play changed, I noted that the nature of your play change could have been relevant information in the future.

The main thing that's making me suspicious of you is your lack of obvious direction. Yesterday you were probably playing in a way that had you more concerned with gaining information or moving the game forward than in expressing your true thoughts or in catching scum. Today you've slowed down a lot, but I still haven't seen you do anything new. You aren't pushing any cases. You're still just sitting around prodding at random things, for the most part. Same as day 1, you're just being less aggressive about it.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'd like to go through and review everyone thoroughly, but the holiday weekend and ultra-condensed employment prevent me from doing such. So briefly,

danakillsu - I didn't like how the lynch shifted off dana yesterday and I presumed him scum, but now I'm uneasy and suspect that we could be sprinting towards another mislynch.
Channeldelibird - Hasn't stood out to me much, probably because he's been completely absent today
Ant_to_the_max - Also been fairly absent for most of the day. What can I say? Lurkers hinder the town.
PerigrineV - Stood out the least to me, despite being an active player. Perhaps scum with Magua, based on interaactions within the game.
Mastermind of Sin - Gives me a strong town vibe, but no evidence of innocence.
Thor665 - Gives me a townish vibe.
Ragnarokio - Seems townish to me, but nothing confirmed.
ooba - I dunno. Could be scum.
Magua - Seems smart and helpful, but has made some suspicious plays when impatient. Would not be surprised to find scum here.
Empking - Contributes little; either lazy scum or lazy town. Either way, unhelpful.

Rag, Ant, Dana, and Magua are the four players with votes already pegged onto them. My vote on Emp is apparently not going anywhere. I don't like lurkers, and Ant's been lurky, so I looked into whether or not I should jump on. However, the wagon consists of Magua getting a vibe, and Rag not liking the non-agressive and inattentive nature of his playstyle. That's not enough to elicit a vote from me. I've already explained that I don't want a Rag lynch today, so that leaves me to decide between dana and Magua.

unvote Empking, vote Magua
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Ragnarokio wrote:You aren't pushing any cases. You're still just sitting around prodding at random things, for the most part. Same as day 1, you're just being less aggressive about it.

:? Yeah, no.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

PeregrineV - Why the dana vote? Who's case are you agreeing with on her being scummy? Also, who's case are you going with on Rag as well?

Does anyone else feel like he is being a bit opportunistic here? For the most part, his focus this day has been elsewhere, but now seems to be sliding onto the two popular wagons near the end here.

MoS/MBF look a bit more on the townish side to me from the change from D1 to D2. I don't think either of them are a viable lynch today.

I am torn on Ragnarokio. I am trying to skim through and find the cases on her and evaluate if my townish read on her D1 was wrong or not.

I am thinking that Magua/Peregrine are the best two for a lynch today (somewhat leaning towards Peregrine.)

PeregrineV wrote:

Just because I didn't think Dana was scum doesn't mean that I "killed the chance" to lynch him. There were 11 other players voting people, and I have no control over RC- only my own vote. So, it sounds accusatory, like I did have control over it.

This bothers me. It is like he is trying to avoid being connected to the issue. He had his vote on dana for 8 days, but thought he was "scummy, but probably town". Also, note that he only switched off dana, they day of the deadline to start a non-existent wagon. Not pro-town here.

PeregrineV wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:I don't like the way Ant switches back and forth between voting MoS and defending MoS. And MoS is sort of returning the favor, but neither is doing it directly.

Hmm???
iirc MoS has gone from scum to null for me throughout this game and I don't recall ever "defending" him.

Let me see what I can dig up.

Anything?
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ragnarokio (2): danakillsu, Empking
Ant_to_the_max (2): Ragnarokio, Magua
danakillsu (3): ooba, Thor665, PeregrineV
Magua (3): Ant_to_the_max, Mastermind of Sin, mikeburnfire

Not Voting: ChannelDelibird

Notes:
Prodding CDB.
With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline is Thursday June 2nd at 11:59 PM (EST)
green shirt thursdays
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:48 am

Post by Empking »

Mod: If CDB ends up requesting replacement will we get an extention?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yes.
green shirt thursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 3:29 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Oshit. Sorry. I am still here. Will have something for you this evening hopefully.
#greenshirtthursdays
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:10 am

Post by danakillsu »

Can we just all get clear on the fact that I am male, please?
More Ragnarokio votes would be appreciated. In fact, Thor, I'm surprised you for one are not voting her already.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

@dana - along with Rag dinging me for not being after people that last comment really ranks up there on the 'is no one reading my posts today' meter.

I'm pretty sure I started the Rag rampage today. I'm now not voting her. I think that's a sign of something. Hopefully of personal brilliance, but I'm still sure it's a sign of something.

I'm still against the Magua wagon, it doesn't feel right.
I have no opinion on the Ant wagon because I suxx0rs. Maybe later today I'll try to un-suxx0r. He feels scummy but I don't grok the actual reason for the lynch and that leaves me befuddled on it.
Rag wagon, and the people just now noticing that mbf looks town all suxx0r waaaaay more than i do though, so that's a bonus.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Magua »

Empking wrote:It'd bev that I was looking for towncred surely? (Though TBH anything that looks like foreknowledge of a flip is not looked well upon in the current meta.)

Yes, obviously if you were scum it'd be for towncred. My point was that I get a scummy feeling from you calling me town, but I can't elucidate why I do.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:I am thinking that Magua/Peregrine are the best two for a lynch today (somewhat leaning towards Peregrine.)

Why is Peregrine a better lynch when you are voting me, and there are three votes on me compared to 0 on Peregrine?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:13 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

What's the rule for deadline? Is it most votes means lynch, or no lynch without majority?

More Ragnarokio votes would be appreciated. In fact, Thor, I'm surprised you for one are not voting her already.

I already told you not to do that, Dan.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Magua »

Reading is tech:

V)If half the living players approve a No Lynch (Vote: No Lynch), then no player shall be lynched and the game shall enter Night Phase.
If deadline is reached and no one has received a simple majority of the votes, no one shall be lynched.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Magua wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:I am thinking that Magua/Peregrine are the best two for a lynch today (somewhat leaning towards Peregrine.)

Why is Peregrine a better lynch when you are voting me, and there are three votes on me compared to 0 on Peregrine?

As someone who spent time yesterday yelling at people who were on solo wagons nearing deadline, I'm sure you can appreciate Ant's vote staying on you over Peregrine, who currently has 0 votes.

...or are you so desperate to not get lynched that you'd encourage others to abandon the best practices you advocated yesterday?
Permanent V/LA.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Magua »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:As someone who spent time yesterday yelling at people who were on solo wagons nearing deadline, I'm sure you can appreciate Ant's vote staying on you over Peregrine, who currently has 0 votes.

...or are you so desperate to not get lynched that you'd encourage others to abandon the best practices you advocated yesterday?

All of those things you state would indicate that I'm a better lynch than Peregrine.

But that's not what Ant said.

Why did you feel the need to answer the question for him?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:PeregrineV - Why the dana vote? Who's case are you agreeing with on her being scummy?

Well, if you look at Dana day1 and Dana day2, do you see a difference? We have more information to work with (all of day1), yet his activity has decreased in both quality and quantity. I feel like it could be because with 2 dead town, scum doesn't have to work as hard? No hard evidence yet. :(
Ant_to_the_max wrote:
Also, who's case are you going with on Rag as well?

Rag I was hoping to motivate (if town) into participating more. It seems like a fine line between town apathy/active lurker/minimilist posting. I know he
can
do more, I'm just trying to figure out why he is not.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
Does anyone else feel like he is being a bit opportunistic here? For the most part, his focus this day has been elsewhere, but now seems to be sliding onto the two popular wagons near the end here.

So, you don't think there is maybe a reason why the wagons are there?

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
MoS/MBF look a bit more on the townish side to me from the change from D1 to D2. I don't think either of them are a viable lynch today.

Did you notice Dana's shift D1 to D2? Any comments on it?

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
I am torn on Ragnarokio. I am trying to skim through and find the cases on her and evaluate if my townish read on her D1 was wrong or not.
I am thinking that Magua/Peregrine are the best two for a lynch today (somewhat leaning towards Peregrine.)

Have to disagree with both of these choices for now.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:

Just because I didn't think Dana was scum doesn't mean that I "killed the chance" to lynch him. There were 11 other players voting people, and I have no control over RC- only my own vote. So, it sounds accusatory, like I did have control over it.

This bothers me. It is like he is trying to avoid being connected to the issue. He had his vote on dana for 8 days, but thought he was "scummy, but probably town". Also, note that he only switched off dana, they day of the deadline to start a non-existent wagon. Not pro-town here.

I have the same connection as all other players. :roll:

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:I don't like the way Ant switches back and forth between voting MoS and defending MoS. And MoS is sort of returning the favor, but neither is doing it directly.

Hmm???
iirc MoS has gone from scum to null for me throughout this game and I don't recall ever "defending" him.

Let me see what I can dig up.

Anything?

Still on the to-do list. I'm not going to half-ass it, but it's something that is pecking at the back of my mind. I'll be sure to share, whatever the results.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Magua wrote:

As someone who spent time yesterday yelling at people who were on solo wagons nearing deadline, I'm sure you can appreciate Ant's vote staying on you over Peregrine, who currently has 0 votes.

@Ant- Um, regarding my post above this one, here is one example.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I see. Then we need a lynch in 48 hours. There won't be enough drive to lynch Ant or Rag today, so the wagons left will be between Magua and Dana. Since Magua and dana won't vote themselves, it will be an even four votes on each player, leaving Ragnarok, Empking, and ChannelDelibird to decide today's lynch.

So, yeah. Hurry up.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Magua »

mikeburnfire wrote:I see. Then we need a lynch in 48 hours. There won't be enough drive to lynch Ant or Rag today, so the wagons left will be between Magua and Dana. Since Magua and dana won't vote themselves, it will be an even four votes on each player, leaving Ragnarok, Empking, and ChannelDelibird to decide today's lynch.

So, yeah. Hurry up.

Or we could lynch Ant, who is, y'know, scum.

(Dana is possibly scum. But Ant is more scum.)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Magua - I went back and looked, and your Ant case appears to be "gut" and nothing else. WTF?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Magua wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:As someone who spent time yesterday yelling at people who were on solo wagons nearing deadline, I'm sure you can appreciate Ant's vote staying on you over Peregrine, who currently has 0 votes.

All of those things you state would indicate that I'm a better lynch than Peregrine.

But that's not what Ant said.

Why did you feel the need to answer the question for him?

Because I feel the need to point out the ridiculousness of what you just said. I could care less who you were addressing it to. This is about you, stop trying to make it about someone else.
Permanent V/LA.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Magua »

Thor665 wrote:@Magua - I went back and looked, and your Ant case appears to be "gut" and nothing else. WTF?

Er? All of my cases are gut. That's how it rolls.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Because I feel the need to point out the ridiculousness of what you just said. I could care less who you were addressing it to. This is about you, stop trying to make it about someone else.

Let's walk through this.

1. Ant_to_the_max says "Magua is a good lynch, Peregrine is a better lynch."
2. Magua says, "Why do you say Peregrine is a better lynch when you are voting for me?"
3. Mastermind of Sin says, "lolscumflail"
4. Magua says, "I asked him why he's saying something and doing something else."
5. Mastermind of Sin says, "lolscumflail"

You could argue that I'm trying to badger him into voting Peregrine. You could also argue that I'm trying to badger him into voting me. Your comments, specifically, are pointless. The real question you should be asking is why I'm not trying to badger him into voting dana, because dana is the only viable alternative wagon to me at this point.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”