ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Post by ooba »

mikeburnfire wrote:Ooba, do you think we should lynch Dana then? If so, why?
Primarily that re-read was brought about by your move to empking; made me get paranoid about dana being saved as a LyLo\later mislynch .. I don't think it's true after the D2 dana views re-read ..

Yes. I definitely think dana should be lynched today. Because she's scum. Also, a dana scum flip will most definitely mean a CDB scum partner. Right now I'd put empking as the third, since Magua seems less likely with dana (I'd expect him to bus here like empking did) .. Also scum flip implies Rag, Ant are town ..

Right now the only thing a dana town flip would imply for me is that MoS is town ..
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:19 am

Post by Empking »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Well, be quick about it. Deadline is Thursday.

Empking, why dana? I know why I want to lynch him, but your vote just seems opportunistic.

I put him as a scum read previously.

Care to give us some reasoning?

Dana simply isn't scumhunting. I alsop dislike the way the wagon moved from Dana previously.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:20 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ooba, how did you come to any of those conclusions? More specifically, how does dana-scum indicate CDB scum and how does dana-town indicate me-town? As much as I approve of any conclusion that ends up getting my alignment correct, that chain of logic doesn't make any sense...
Permanent V/LA.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:25 am

Post by ooba »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:ooba, how did you come to any of those conclusions? More specifically, how does dana-scum indicate CDB scum and how does dana-town indicate me-town? As much as I approve of any conclusion that ends up getting my alignment correct, that chain of logic doesn't make any sense...
CDB was independently scummy & the dana-CDB connection was from the fact that CDB avoids the RC-led dana wagon on Page 14 .. You genuinely seem to think dana is scum - it does not look like scum going for a mislynch ..
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:57 am

Fair enough.

How do you feel about the dana-Thor connection?
Permanent V/LA.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:16 am

Post by danakillsu »

Empking wrote:Dana simply isn't scumhunting.

Pffff. This is one of those things people can say whenever they want, because it's really a matter of opinion. From my point of view, people just aren't paying attention to the scumhunting I'm doing.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Empking »

Rag wrote:
I have a handful of miscellaneous town reads that I don't see the point in sharing right now.

Most of the other people in the game are null, with one or two raising some minor suspicions that I intend to look further into so as to form a solid opinion.

I just looked through Rag's and Dana's recent posts in ISO (I've just realized that they've got aroundf the same number of votes.). This post caught my eye, it really is the pinacle of not scum hunting.

Unvote

Vote: Rag
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:30 am

danakillsu wrote:
Empking wrote:Dana simply isn't scumhunting.

Pffff. This is one of those things people can say whenever they want, because it's really a matter of opinion. From my point of view, people just aren't paying attention to the scumhunting I'm doing.

Then prove him wrong. Give us some quotes.
Permanent V/LA.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I don't get why you would change your vote just based on that. You gave absolutely no reasoning for it. Hence the o.O

Well, he's a really strong town read, and I love crumbs, so what the heck? It's not like there aren't other equally useless/scummy players we could lynch today, even on the wagon.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Asking about it is one thing. That's not what you said, though. You said "it's that you didn't diss me at all"...that's different. I still think dana is scummy, but your expectations don't make any sense. They just seem to be superfluous attacks to look like you're doing something.

I consider questioning a case to be an attack on a case. A more polite attack, sure, but the end result is the same - you're calling the case into question and trying to force the other person to justify their stance. Dana had zero desire to do that towards me.
For my reason to be on the dana wagon - gut and PoE. Of course, that's almost all of my cases in every game, but at least I'm reliable.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm not 100% sure if you're all scum, but there is something fishy going on here. Magua's connections seems to be the scummiest, though, which is why I'm voting him. Lynching any of you will give important information, though.

Lynching anyone gives info. I'm asking why you think the scum team would have 3 members voting in near lockstep multiple times yesterday and if you see that happen very often. If you do, I'd be curious to see examples, if you don't I'm curious why you think the scumteam is doing it this time. I may be dissing your case, fyi ;)

Emp hopping on the Rag wagon at this stage clarifies my desire to see him dead as well. Him or dana are pretty happy in my books.
MoI now looks townish for the first time since game start. Pretty neutral on his Magua push, I'd rather Magua get investigated or something as I think he's actually useful if he's town and don't want to lynch him off of a weird gut case that hinges on me being scum with him.
Dana should provide scumhunting evidence, I'm pretty sure all of his recent posts have been defense, deflection, and...distancing? Derping? Oh, dancing! Yeah, that works. Dancing around without actually scumhunting at all.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Empking »

Emp hopping on the Rag wagon at this stage clarifies my desire to see him dead as well.

Why?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 am

Post by danakillsu »

Isos 18, 23, 24, and 49 are a few examples of scumhunting on my part. I haven't gotten much support for any of those attempts.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

Empking wrote:

Emp hopping on the Rag wagon at this stage clarifies my desire to see him dead as well.

Why?

Why not?

But, to be frank, I see nothing in the Rag case that isn't equally applicable to you. Yet you think she's a good lynch. Bleh.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Empking »

Thor665 wrote:

But, to be frank, I see nothing in the Rag case that isn't equally applicable to you. Yet you think she's a good lynch. Bleh.

Do you think I domn't have any town reads and only a pitiful amount of scumreads? That's why I'm voting her.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

Your only reason for voting her is lack of reads advanced? You think that should make you look better?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Empking »

Thor665 wrote:Your only reason for voting her is lack of reads advanced?

Mind rephrasing that?
You think that should make you look better?

It should make me look bad in a dfifferent way.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:38 am

Thor665 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm not 100% sure if you're all scum, but there is something fishy going on here. Magua's connections seems to be the scummiest, though, which is why I'm voting him. Lynching any of you will give important information, though.

Lynching anyone gives info. I'm asking why you think the scum team would have 3 members voting in near lockstep multiple times yesterday and if you see that happen very often. If you do, I'd be curious to see examples, if you don't I'm curious why you think the scumteam is doing it this time. I may be dissing your case, fyi ;)

fyi I may be dissing your ability to play scum effectively. :wink:

More seriously though, I generally don't go looking for examples of stuff in other games. I honestly couldn't tell you how often I've seen scum bandwagon together. Might be a lot, might not be. Either way, it looks scummy to me more because it was the wagon that saved dana from lynch yesterday and less because you were on two different wagons together. To claim that you three have been voting in near lockstop is a bit of a misnomer, because you've all had plenty of votes that weren't together. However, when it mattered most, you came together to lynch a townie and saved dana, and you were bandwagoning another person again today (Peregrine, I believe?). There is definitely a connection there.
Permanent V/LA.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Emp - ...bwuh? You...I...I'm happier with you being lynched right now, and you just made me happier yet.

@MoS - So our big scum move is saving dana and Magua is the smart lynch? Bwuh?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:

Mind rephrasing that?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:02 am

Thor665 wrote:@Emp - ...bwuh? You...I...I'm happier with you being lynched right now, and you just made me happier yet.

@MoS - So our big scum move is saving dana and Magua is the smart lynch? Bwuh?

*shrug* I wasn't really getting traction on the dana lynch for some reason, so I'm putting pressure elsewhere. I've already stated I'm more than willing to switch to any of you for a lynch today.
Permanent V/LA.
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

My activity has been pretty bad, and I haven't been contributing to the game or making a lot of progress with my reads lately, so I figured I could help out in some way by throwing what I've already done out in the open.

DANA: TOWN/SCUM

-Dana has been careless and defensive throughout the majority of the game. I would normally categorize this as town behavoiur. He could also read as over-reactive scum, which makes sense especially with the RC townflip. I find his play to be short term and passionate. When he says he's found scum, he really pushes it. There isn't a
high degree of consistency to his actions, I can see this playstyle being telling of scum or telling of town depending on the player. I plan to read some of Dana's old games when I have the time.

CHANNEL: NULL/SCUM

-Throughout the majority of day 1 he was extremely non-contributive. He had a pro-town atmosphere, but aside from that he stayed distanced from the game and seemed to make a lot of excuses to not get involved. It wasn't until his sudden attack on peregrine that he had done anything of substance. I found his case on peregrine to be really bad, but differences in opinion do exist. It makes me think that it's possible he was just trying to make as much of a case as he could on someone, since he had been picking up some background heat for non-contribution. I tried to read back on some of his old games, but couldn't really find anything that related to what I was looking for.

ANT: SCUM

-Plays in a very short term way, evidentially only aware of his immediate atmosphere. Theres no over-arching intention present in his posting. He lacks aggression, and so even when he posts something that might implicate a player it just comes off as speculation. He also doesn't follow up on most of his reads and statements. Most of the contributive posts give me the feeling that he is trying to contribute to catch up in the social activity standings. The often look good on the surface but carry little content beneath.

PERE: TOWN

-Pretty much just vibes. His play seems really genuine, and he's playing in a way that would be hard to calculate.

MASTER: NULL

-Hasn't done anything that I'm able to read into.

MIKE: NULL

-Hasn't done anything that I'm able to read into.

THOR: SCUM/NULL

-Thor is a really hard person to read. At the beginning of the game he was over-aggressive and evidentially driven more by a will to move the game as a whole than to persecute or find scum individually. His loudness wore off a great deal in day 2, when he seemed to suddenly switch gears. He felt more speculative or careful in nature (for thor anyway). He managed to cut down his list of scum suspects from 7 to 2. He's not sharing most of the analysis he's doing, if there is any, and is apparently playing more politically instead. The fact that he has little direction and doesn't seem to be moving towards any specific objective gives me a bad feeling, but he's still hard to read.

OOBA: TOWN/SCUM

-I originally though Ooba was pretty townie, because he felt interested in the people he thought were scum, and had a good degree of consistency. He also seemed to agree with most of what I was thinking at the time. His reaction to Reaper's flip felt a little bit off. It's possible that his play this game has been calculated, but theres not a lot pointing to that over it being genuine. For now he's essentially null, since his play could go in either direction.

MAGUA: NULL

-Magua has been playing pretty pro-town, and not just in atmosphere. His reads feel rational and consistent, he generally matches up pretty well to my "good-hearted townie" model. This could very easily be done as scum though, and nothing he's doing is tipping me off either way, so he's a null-read right now.

EMP: TOWN/NULL

-Emp doesn't say much and I don't have a very good grasp on what he's thinking. It feels like he's doing a lot beneath the surface of the game, even if that "a lot" isn't through deep analysis or the like. This makes me think that he's more likely town.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ragnarokio (2): danakillsu, Empking
Ant_to_the_max (2): Ragnarokio, Magua
danakillsu (3): ooba, Thor665, PeregrineV
Magua (2): Ant_to_the_max, Mastermind of Sin
Empking (1): mikeburnfire

Not Voting: ChannelDelibird

Notes:
No prods needed.
With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline is Thursday June 2nd at 11:59 PM (EST)
green shirt thursdays
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:

Mind rephrasing that?

You pointed out that the way she was different is that she wasn't presenting many scum reads and also no town reads.
Ergo - your only reason voting her is lack of reads advanced?

I'll look at Rag's mini wall later. I only skipped ahead to see what she said about me and didn't read anything else, so I really can't comment there, but I suspect I'll want to.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Empking »

Thor665 wrote:
Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:

Mind rephrasing that?

You pointed out that the way she was different is that she wasn't presenting many scum reads and also no town reads.
Ergo - your only reason voting her is lack of reads advanced?

It looked like she had no reads at all not even that she was keeping them secret.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Rag - Pretty much when I read all that wall what I get is "I don't have reads on anyone, except maybe Ant and a gut town read on Pere. Whoop-dee-doo.
You've also correctly identified that I play differently Day 2+ from how I play Day 1. I submit - doesn't everyone? It's kinda the point of Day 1.

@Emp - So...yes, then. yeah, you're still scummy for that. How do you feel about her scumminess considering the following two things.
1. How she has now presented a wall of her reads?
2. How she, reasonably accurately I feel, has pointed out that I, and probably some others, haven't been constant and crystal clear in expressing our reads.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Empking »

Thor665 wrote:
@Emp - So...yes, then. yeah, you're still scummy for that. How do you feel about her scumminess considering the following two things.
1. How she has now presented a wall of her reads?
2. How she, reasonably accurately I feel, has pointed out that I, and probably some others, haven't been constant and crystal clear in expressing our reads.

It doesn't change mind because of course scum would fix the problem they were being called out for.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”