Sup Gorilla, will you post? :3

Vote Count

• Scott Brosius: 3 (Hiraki, Kublai Kahn, Skyquiem) L-5

Skyquiem: 2 (Scott Brosius, Mana_Ku) L-6
    Ranmaru: 1 (RisingPhoenix) L-7
    Kublai Kahn: 1 (mastin2) L-7
    Mana_Ku: 1 (Ranmaru) L-7
    Silver1337: 1 (DeityKabuto) L-7

Not Voting: 5 (inHimshallibe, [winger], Silver1337, gorilla, Reya Cookiebringer)

With 14 players, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline countdown timer:
(expired on 2011-06-17 18:39:00)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sun May 29, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Hiraki »

Okay Ranmaru.

I'm going to say this again, before I get really annoyed.

You don't have to post one post when one little point of movement happens.

I'm aware that Gorilla has not said much.

However, making a post when X comes in and doesn't comment on the thread is going to piss everyone off really quick and badly.

For the intentions that you are not lynched off of valid and rageful reasons, I'm going to ask you to stop.

I'm waiting on Mastin's future post. Looks delicious.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Ranmaru »

It doesn't hurt, so back off.
[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 7:43 am

Post by [winger] »

Okay, so I've reread, and honestly nothing has popped up that has struck me as scummy. RisingPhoenix is playing the same way he did in our last game together (Elite Scumhunting Unit), which gives me town vibes from him.

DeityKabuko's early claim is terrible, but unfortunately probably makes him town as well.

Mastin versus Kublai Khan is boring and all based on meta, so I'm not going to really give it a good thought.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Offtopic Ramble:
Why, oh why, does Ranmaru make me think about ZazieR or Ythan ._. If it was possible, I'd have asked the mod to include how many posts Ranmaru has made in a certain period...

And I'm very disappointed that almost nobody mentioned silver's last post. He's stating that somebody shouldn't be used against him in it.

Besides Silver, there's another player who has caught my attention.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Hiraki »

Ranmaru wrote:It doesn't hurt, so back off.
It puts more crap in the thread(that's not needed mind you) and makes you look like you have more fluff then content.

I think it does.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:13 am

Post by gorilla »

Ranmaru wrote:Hi Gorilla! Post thoughts now?

I'm thinking you need to start posting content instead of whitenoise junk, and the fact that you're asking others for thoughts but not really following up on the questions makes me think you're scum

leaning scum on scott for the dumb outrage/push on the hydra.

silver reads more noob than scummy

I don't get why DK was made to claim on page 1, that was really dumb

I don't have anyone else I particularly feel like commenting on atm
RisingPhoenix
RisingPhoenix
Goon
RisingPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:20 am

Post by RisingPhoenix »

DeityKabuto wrote:Failing to do so would only give Ranmaru a reason to vote me.

You should vote Ranmaru then
Otherwise I'll have a reason to vote you.

... See where I'm going?
FUJIYAMA VOLCANO!
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

I'm missing something~
Why no vote?
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Mana_Ku wrote:I'm missing something~
Why no vote?

@Gorilla >.<
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:49 am

Post by gorilla »

because I don't feel like it right now
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Ranmaru »

gorilla wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:Hi Gorilla! Post thoughts now?

I'm thinking you need to start posting content instead of whitenoise junk,
and the fact that you're asking others for thoughts but not really following up on the questions makes me think you're scum

leaning scum on scott for the dumb outrage/push on the hydra.

silver reads more noob than scummy

I don't get why DK was made to claim on page 1, that was really dumb

I don't have anyone else I particularly feel like commenting on atm

Parroting. You lurk alot too.
Unvote Vote: Gorilla

DK wasn't MADE to claim. Lrn2read. He asked to claim, Mastin said yes, so he then claimed.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:02 am

Post by gorilla »

I misremembered how things went, w/e

just because someone else said it doesn't make it true: you've been posting for the sake of posting. I'm lurking in the early stages of day 1 and I don't care how you perceive me for it, I'll comment when I see fit.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:14 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Vote gorilla

gorilla wrote:because I don't feel like it right now

It's best to have someone who doesn't care about the game lynched (Anti-town) than nobody at all. Wagonny wagon! Oh yes!
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:17 am

Post by gorilla »

I care about this game, I just don't feel like voting. You misunderstand me. I suggest you look for scum elsewhere.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Ranmaru »

gorilla wrote:
I misremembered how things went, w/e

just because someone else said it doesn't make it true: you've been posting for the sake of posting. I'm lurking in the early stages of day 1 and I don't care how you perceive me for it, I'll comment when I see fit.

What??? Explain how you misremembered how things went.

No I haven't, there is more to me than meets the eye. Your only lead is that you THINK I am posting to just post. What else do you think of me then, if you aren't parroting?

You are lurking so that when you see others give suspicions, you can simply prey off of their suspicions and simply agree without having to really give a genuine opinion yourself. You have viewed many many times but never did you say this before Phoenix or Sky has brought up points against me.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:18 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

gorilla wrote:I care about this game, I just don't feel like voting. You misunderstand me. I suggest you look for scum elsewhere.

Fine.

Unvote
Vote Silver1337

Explain how lurking is your style of play to me.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 am

Post by gorilla »

Ranmaru, I read page one when the thread opened and thought mastin had goaded DK into claiming, not that DK had offered to claim. I hadn't re-read that page when I posted again.

I think you're annoying, possibly scum as I said earlier.

Thank you for explaining my motivations to me, I like others to tell me what I'm doing because I'm not aware myself. I'll post when there's something for me to say. Yawn.

preview-edit: DK, I just don't always get into games right away with the voting and the arguing etc. A number of players have yet to post and I don't feel like my reads will be worthwhile until things get moving. I figured this game I'd wait with my vote until I have decent reason, and just talk until then.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Ranmaru »

gorilla wrote:Ranmaru, I read page one when the thread opened and thought mastin had goaded DK into claiming, not that DK had offered to claim. I hadn't re-read that page when I posted again.

I think you're annoying, possibly scum as I said earlier.

Thank you for explaining my motivations to me, I like others to tell me what I'm doing because I'm not aware myself. I'll post when there's something for me to say. Yawn.

preview-edit: DK, I just don't always get into games right away with the voting and the arguing etc. A number of players have yet to post and I don't feel like my reads will be worthwhile until things get moving. I figured this game I'd wait with my vote until I have decent reason, and just talk until then.

My playstyle shouldn't be based on finding my alignment. I'm an active poster and if you read my completed games you could notice that. Don't like it, too bad. Possibly scum? That's not a reason, that is a possibility, and that falls in null because then you are REALLY saying "You can possibly be scum or town, dunno".

Oh I'm sure you WOULD. You are being hypocritical here because you also have been trying to say that my motivation per say is to fake contribute. Why shouldn't I try to read what your motivation is?
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 10:15 am

Post by gorilla »

I read the game you replaced me in where you were far from an active poster (lol). you didn't ask for a reason, you asked for my thoughts, I gave you them. when I say possible scum, I mean I had a scum lean on you.

I'm saying your representation of me is inaccurate and silly

You're actually coming off as more badtown than scum right now though, contrary to my initial impression
RisingPhoenix
RisingPhoenix
Goon
RisingPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 10:32 am

Post by RisingPhoenix »

Hey ranmaru, enlighten me, what's your opinion on ANYTHING in the game?
FUJIYAMA VOLCANO!
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Ranmaru »

@Gorilla:

That was situational. I was very busy with school and such, I consider that my worst game.

I was talking about LEADS man. I then say "What else do you think of me" regarding leads. I'm sorry if I didn't come off as clear. I meant, what other leads do you think may cause you to believe I am scum?

Why do I come off that way now, as opposed to your previous read of me?

@Phoenix: Khan isn't scum like Mastin says. Dk's early claim was really bad. Sky's first head is taking quite a while to post to "reveal" themselves. Gorilla's a parrot. The pokemon thing was just a joke. That is my opinion so far. I'm against pl's. Town's a bit slow activity wise.

Besides your thoughts on me, what is your opinion on anything else in the game?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Ranmaru »

RisingPhoenix wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:Failing to do so would only give Ranmaru a reason to vote me.

You should vote Ranmaru then
Otherwise I'll have a reason to vote you.

... See where I'm going?

Uh, voting a confirmed townie not a good idea genius.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Skyquiem wrote:Scott, I will allow head one to answer your question regarding references to games in which scum pushed on a secret hydra however I still would like for you to answer why you never once thought to ask us our reasoning for not revealing our heads.

Mastin, the person that posted the long wall and the smiley is head one, that's his only post thus far and from previous knowledge that's not how he generally posts. Can you explain your newb-town read on Silver, I'm having trouble seeing it.

Ranmaru, have you ever been scum in a completed forum mafia game, either here or at an alternate site? If so can you provide the link to the game.

- Head Two.

I do not see a pro-town reason for not revealing your heads. Therefore asking would be futile. Why can't you reference the games? You were the one who brought it up.

DeityKabuto wrote:
gorilla wrote:I care about this game, I just don't feel like voting. You misunderstand me. I suggest you look for scum elsewhere.

Fine.

Unvote
Vote Silver1337

Explain how lurking is your style of play to me.

Why would you move your vote off of him because he asked? At least you are pretty much conftown.

Ranmaru is looking town to me, I think his posts have more content than people are giving credit for. Gorilla looks scummy after that exchange.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
RisingPhoenix
RisingPhoenix
Goon
RisingPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 11:05 am

Post by RisingPhoenix »

Ranmaru wrote:Khan isn't scum like Mastin says. Dk's early claim was really bad. Sky's first head is taking quite a while to post to "reveal" themselves. Gorilla's a parrot. The pokemon thing was just a joke. That is my opinion so far. I'm against pl's. Town's a bit slow activity wise.

First is unexplained, second and third are IioA, fourth as such can be called hypocrisy, fifth and seventh is fluff, sixth is completely null.

See how easy it is to take any post and call it whatever you want?

Let's use the same subjects: My turn.

I think you're coasting on asking others to contribute while not providing any contribution of your own.

I think the Mastin vs Khan debate is a waste of space; Under the precept Mastin has at least an ounce of grey matter his "Khan was scum, thus he is scum" push is a joke, Kublai pushing a PL on Mastin is, frankly, understeadable (walls are anti-town, Mastin is unable to summarize thought patterns, thus Mastin is anti-town), but I wouldn't take that as a basis to advocate a lynch on Mastin, at least until day 2 or 3 and we notice he has YET to post anything readable. Regardless there's a fairly acceptable chance that Emp would've shot in Mastin's direction given the latter's known playstyle. Can anyone confirm or deny Empking's N0 vig policies? All this to say, lynching Mastin day 1 would be IMO poor play.

I think DK dug his own grave when he asked day 1 if he should claim, as that was a very clear indication that he had a PR he thought he should share with the class. Plays surrounding the policy of claiming said PR could have been handled better (supposing he hadn't claim, there'd have been a chance for scum to wifom themselves into thinking he'll be doc protected as the one outed role). People saying "the claim was terrible" is NOT people posting content. We know it was, get over it.

The debate surrounding the identity of hydras is a stance. Considering they got the role after forming the hydra, saying they want to hide their scum meta is IMO paranoia. It's just as likely they want to hide their identity to be able to play without having to fear having a bullet put through their skull because their name begins with Gl and ends with ork and they're thus qualified as giant threats. Heck, "Best Scum Performance" and "Best Third Party" winners and nominees systematically get giant target drawn on their back because they're "dangerous", so the town will lynch them over the smallest technicality. Similarly, strong town players getting NKed instantly because they don't suck have a damn legit reason to want to hydra: They're here to play a game, not speculate day 1 then get shot before the real thing is on. I think the people pushing for a head claim are paranoid. Not town, not scum, just paranoid.

Gorilla being a parrot is akin to you being a "what do you think about this thing I haven't addressed?", except he sounds more legitimate than you do, because at least he's putting an idea on the table, even if it's borrowed.

I'll give you the town is slow, since you're at what, L-6?
FUJIYAMA VOLCANO!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”