Post by Ranmaru »

Expand on that.

Vote Count

• Scott Brosius: 3 (Hiraki, Kublai Kahn, Skyquiem) L-5

Skyquiem: 2 (Scott Brosius, Mana_Ku) L-6
    Kublai Kahn: 1 (mastin2) L-7
    Mana_Ku: 1 (Ranmaru) L-7
    Silver1337: 1 (RisingPhoenix) L-7

Not Voting: 6 (inHimshallibe, [winger], DeityKabuto, Silver1337, gorilla, Reya Cookiebringer)

With 14 players, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline countdown timer:
(expired on 2011-06-17 18:39:00)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sat May 28, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Skyquiem »

Scott, I will allow head one to answer your question regarding references to games in which scum pushed on a secret hydra however I still would like for you to answer why you never once thought to ask us our reasoning for not revealing our heads.

Mastin, the person that posted the long wall and the smiley is head one, that's his only post thus far and from previous knowledge that's not how he generally posts. Can you explain your newb-town read on Silver, I'm having trouble seeing it.

Ranmaru, have you ever been scum in a completed forum mafia game, either here or at an alternate site? If so can you provide the link to the game.

- Head Two.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

For some reason, I'm getting an awkward sensation that is pleading me to place a vote on you.

Vote Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:00 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Hmmm. Explain this awkward sensation you have.

Give me your thoughts on Mastin, Khan, Silver, Hiraki, and Mana ku.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

mastin2 wrote:If you couldn't tell, I'm generally portraying Scum 1 as semi-newbish (but possibly with some experience--probably off-site, but potentially one or two games on-site), Scum 2 as relatively new but somewhat experienced, and Scums 3&4 as experienced. Khan in this situation as either 3 or 4 would essentially do what he did in Emerald City:

*If a previous scum player brought up the option of killing mastin*. "I wouldn't be afraid of him. He's a pushover if you know how to touch on his buttons. He's arrogant and has an easily exploitable ego. I've done it before. He's not a threat to us."

Why do I think this is what Khan did?

*HEADDESK*
I know exactly why you think that. It's because you're still playing Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City. Here's the short list of everything everyone should know about mastin2's case on me...

1) When M96 started, mastin2 made a short list, declared several scum on it for no reason.
2) Because he had played a game with me before and I was scum, he concluded that I must be scum again. (Sound familiar?)
3) Despite the fact that there were 3 night-kills on Night 0, he theorized that since he roleblocked me and I've been scum before, he MUST have prevented a fourth kill.
4) Stuck to that theory no matter what. For the rest of the game he was alive. In the Dead QT thread. In the post-game. Today, probably.
5) mastin2 was, in fact, scum in Mafia 96 (different scum-team).
6) mastin2's current theory about how I must be scum 3 or 4 and quote about how I claimed I could manipulate mastin2 were taken directly from the beginning of Mafia 96 Vermillion scum thread (Link - Post 6).

Now I did semi-joke about policy lynching mastin2. I know it's not going to happen, but if you read Mafia 96 you can watch as he literally sucked the fun out of the game for me with his massive repetitve walls. His logic is so horrible that I can't help but be drawn into a stupid debate with him. I play mafia to win, yes, but mainly I play for fun.

If I had any ability to kill mastin2 during Night 0, I absolutely would have done so with ZERO HESITATION.

tl;dr - mastin2 is literally calling me scum in this game because I was scum in another game. And is using my actions in that other game as the reason for calling me scum in this game.

I'm pretty sure his threatened wall will be recappable with the same two sentences once you strip away the repetitive bullshit he will festoon his arguments with.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 1:14 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Mastin, Khan, Silver, Hiraki, and Mana ku.

Mastin - Townie - I say he is a townie, because he is playing like Mastin as a town, and he is the only one putting effort into his posts other than Khan.

Khan - Townie - I am getting a town feeling from him, although I get an Anti-town feeling from his posts, he is town.

Hiraki - Not posting much content, potential scum candidate.

Silver - Post #100, scum feeling, scum tells, yes.

Silver wrote:Also, I lurk a lot. It's my playing style and doesn't indicate whether or not I'm mafia.

I rofl'd.

Skyquiem - Potential scum candidate

Mana ku - Null

Scott Brosius - Stronger scum feeling, weak content, a guy to keep an eye on

Also, why did you want my reads on these people in specific, the irony of that could be implying that you want the scum and your scumbuddies to have information on who the Town suspects so far so you can plan ahead.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 1:17 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I wanted to know your thoughts because you haven't really posted much. What you say can go either way and makes it null, not scum. You are just stating a possibility.

You still haven't explained your awkward sensation. You are fine with explaining your reads, but not your awkward sensation of me?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Hiraki »

Ranmaru wrote:Expand on that.
If you're being scummy, you can be anti-town.

Since this game may have an anti-town faction, anything that's anti-town at this point is scummy.

Even so, why don't you think we should get rid of people that are anti-town? Or at least, why is this argument having a point?

Also, I love how Diety is able to call me scummy for not posting content, while not doing the same himself, and not saying much about Ranmaru, his vote.

(b")b
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Being scummy may be anti-town, but not the other way around.

Anti-town means that the person may be either scum or town, but are also being 'hurtful' to town. (For example, Dk here being a
possible
town Jk, and then not even explaining his vote on me; What he is doing is hurtful to town but it doesn't make him scum, just something that you should press and look into further)

But your point about multiple factions seems good, actually. Sorry if you do actually know what Anti-town means. I'm used to looking for scum, so I'll concede to that.

Yes, I don't know why he is able to explain his reads and yet doesn't really have a good reason to back it up. That is anti-town, and so was his pre-mature claim.
RisingPhoenix
RisingPhoenix
Goon
RisingPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:20 am

Post by RisingPhoenix »

Hiraki wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:@Hiraki: Please don't be a hypocrite. You haven't said much yourself.
I'm not being a hypocrite.

I've at least managed to get 8 posts out about the game, while the person who enters on Page 4 gets barely 5 lines, most of them lacking use.

I'd say most of these posts are pretty devoid of content, they're all a single line that is just "I like this" or "I don't like that"
of strange guttural keyboard smashes, which is what I was calling you out on. I may have less posts than you, but that doesn't mean your posts are worth more than my own, considering you've yet to provide any form of content to this game. Funny how you're leaning scum on me for not posting content while not posting content yourself. Oh wait, that's what you just told Kabuto isn't it?

@Ranmaru: I'm kind of tired of you just asking people to provide content/reads/opinions/positions in your stead. That's the vast majority of your ISO. fake content is fake as hell.
Unvote
Vote: Ranmaru

@Kabuto: If you think it's strange she wants your reads, why the F are you giving them to her? You're voting her, think she has ulterior motives, and LISTEN TO WHAT SHE'S ASKING? (when it's not even a town-sounding request!)
FUJIYAMA VOLCANO!
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Skyquiem »

There's no point having a debate over the definition of words such as anti-town and scummy, if you're unsure what they mean go read the wiki.

Ranmaru, asking questions such as what's your reads on x, y and z without following up on what exactly led to those reads or refraining from commenting on them yourself leads nowhere and really is a pointless line of questioning to take. On top of that there's no reason to interrogate DeityKabuto this early on when he's almost certaintly town.

Khan, no offence but I care not for your previous issues with Mastin therefore I request that you two deal with your personal hatred for each other in private messages and not let it effect the game. I believe I've asked this already however I'll restate it on the off-chance you skimmed my previous post, what are your thoughts on everyone thus far?

- Head two.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Fair enough. Those are the only questions I can think of to ask. But you bring up a good point.

I think Khan did fine in bringing that up. We should let Khan defend himself to crappy reasoning, Sky. I think you can understand that his post wasn't all personal.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Btw Sky, what did you think of the game I linked you, since you asked for it.
Skyquiem
Skyquiem
Goon
Skyquiem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Skyquiem »

I understand that his post wasn't entirely personal but he was pre-emptively attempting to defend a meta related case from Mastin when it wasn't needed. If Mastins case revolves around terribad logic such as Khan was scum in the past therefore he's scum here no one will follow it to begin with.

I got to about page thirteen of the game you linked and was unable to draw any comparison from it to your play this game or any of your previous games though I believe that's mostly due to it being your first game ever rather than anything else.

- Head Two.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I think he has the right to call bullshit on Mastin though. I know Mastin's reasoning wasn't good, but it's good that Khan points out what Mastin may have been trying to do in addition to seeing what Mastin may try to explain.

Yes, it was. I have been in a ton of games since then. Here, and offsite. As you could see, I was usually attacking weaker players or gunning for inactive/lurker/useless lynches. Eventually the whole town imploded though. If you would like links to other finished onsite/offsite games, I could post those as well.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Hiraki »

Skyquiem. Are you honestly a hydra?
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:26 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

RisingPhoenix wrote:
Hiraki wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:@Hiraki: Please don't be a hypocrite. You haven't said much yourself.
I'm not being a hypocrite.

I've at least managed to get 8 posts out about the game, while the person who enters on Page 4 gets barely 5 lines, most of them lacking use.

I'd say most of these posts are pretty devoid of content, they're all a single line that is just "I like this" or "I don't like that"
of strange guttural keyboard smashes, which is what I was calling you out on. I may have less posts than you, but that doesn't mean your posts are worth more than my own, considering you've yet to provide any form of content to this game. Funny how you're leaning scum on me for not posting content while not posting content yourself. Oh wait, that's what you just told Kabuto isn't it?

@Ranmaru: I'm kind of tired of you just asking people to provide content/reads/opinions/positions in your stead. That's the vast majority of your ISO. fake content is fake as hell.
Unvote
Vote: Ranmaru

Wouldn't that make me scummy not giving my reads?

Failing to do so would only give Ranmaru a reason to vote me.

Unvote
Vote Silver1337

Silver, explain yourself.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:27 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

^ quote messed up, my text is at the part "Wouldn't that make me scummy not giving my reads"
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Ah I see. Be careful because quotes messing up with that person's vote can be mis-counted as your vote.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Hi Gorilla! Post thoughts now?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:22 am

Post by mastin2 »

I have seen nothing to suggest any of my reads should change at this point.
mastin2 wrote:
Spoiler: List, Ordered Roughly Most Town To Most Scum
Deity
Gorilla
Mana
Ranmaru
Silver
RisingPhoenix
Scott

Reya
inHim
[winger]
Hiraki
Sky
Khan
Just for reference. Pretty much unchanged by the dialog we've had.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Mastin what are your thoughts on Khan's #130?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Ok, Gorilla left. ;-;
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:31 am

Post by mastin2 »

3: I had forgotten that I made crazy theories even back then. :P
Khan wrote:4) Stuck to that theory no matter what. For the rest of the game he was alive. In the Dead QT thread. In the post-game. Today, probably.
This part's false, in that the theory might've been the start for my suspicion on Khan, but was far from the only thing which was off about him. Rather, pretty much everything he did was living, breathing scum to me, and I was right. Only, because I got trapped in a Wall War, I couldn't prove it because nobody was reading my posts. (For instance, VP WAS manipulating my words blatantly. There was no way to look at my posts the way VP did and come to the conclusions he did. People believed his interpretation because he was more concise.)
5: Said as much in-thread.

6) mastin2's current theory about how I must be scum 3 or 4 and quote about how I claimed I could manipulate mastin2 were taken directly from the beginning of Mafia 96 Vermillion scum thread (Link - Post 6).
Quite intentionally, I might add. That was kinda the point.

The rest I'll be addressing in my future post.

(But to answer Ranmaru who just ninja'd me, they pretty much confirm my read. Brief reason as to why, is that Khan's trying to degrade the quality of my play and convince OTHERS that I'm full of BS. Rather than convince ME that I'm wrong. There's far more to it than that, of course, and I'll be elaborating in the case.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”