Team Mafia: Pick Your Power (Game Over)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Right. If SSBF is scum, where are the rest? This is exactly my point. If you want to clear everyone else on behavioural tells, you still need to be able to reasonably match SSBF with others. Does your confidence in SSBF being scum outweigh the chance of scum doubling up?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If by the rest you mean "the last that isn't Faraday and SSBF?"

You/quadz/Prana.

Which, gosh, would be pretty easy to make all of that happen if these go through and I'm even half right.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

SpyreX wrote:If by the rest you mean "the last that isn't Faraday and SSBF?"

You/quadz/Prana.

Which, gosh, would be pretty easy to make all of that happen if these go through and I'm even half right.

I meant who's the scumteam with SSBF.

What if SSBF flips town? What should the vig do?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Vig LL.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Slaxx wrote:Vig LL.

How does that even make sense?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I said if SSBF flips town then swapping to DDD isn't bad.

I'd probably still shoot Faraday if it were me.

(OHH GOSH LOOK AT SPYREX MAKING HIMSELF THE ONLY ONE LEFT)

And if I'm stupid you're being awesomely pedantic "Ohh you said shoot SSBF and Faraday but what does that MEAN as far as scum".

No vig LL TIA.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Hoopla »

We need Prana to come in and claim his target. I'm going to come back later with my ideas for the N2 plan.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm not vigging LL ffs.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Slaxx is the N3 vig?

Clearly he has shown he can't be trusted with this power.

We will be controlling his shot tomorrow. To hell with his "hard-on".
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:16 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Last night's target was Slaxx. He went nowhere (hence why I was so interested to know what role he had last night, as I didn't think the vigs or roleblocker would have got down so low.)

quadz08 wrote:Based purely off of this list, Hoopla is immediately scaring the shit out of me. I find it very hard to believe that scum didn't pick a high number, and Hoopla is the only high number alive that isn't me, who is town.

Erm... Hoopla is a high number alive who is town? How do you "know" she is town here?

Spyrex, I wont follow your plan, pretty much based on one thing. SSBF is town. I've already said as much repeatedly so far. He's not scum with Quadz or Kise, leaving me and Hoopla. Thus he's only scum if one of us is.

I'd rather we lynched Quadz, and had Hoopla check DDD or Spyrex.

Vig should take out SSBF overnight, he's still not scum, but it will lockdown the 1s completely, and town that's never here is only going to make getting a lynch tougher if he's around come the end. (Plus it'll shut up all the "SSBF is scum" people).

I'll obviously track a random power role and see where they go.

Kise blocks a random choice of SSBF, DDD, Spyrex, LLD, and Faraday. Two wont be hit, but there's over 50% chance that any individual one will be, meaning scum will be forced to send their kill (if they send one) via one of the power roles. Which could lead to me tracking them.

And LLD, Zito. How exactly do you expect the plan to figure me into it outside of me using my role? The only option to figure me into it would be in the "lynch/vig kill Prana" option. Which is utterly fucking stupid.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:12 am

Post by Hoopla »

Organising actions in a manner that definitively proves something is going to be difficult, given the roles we have. Even if myself or Prana were to catch a guilty result it comes down to a 50/50, as the claimer could potentially be the liar. Our main advantage lies in the abilities of the vigs and the blocker, as opposed to the Goon Cop and Tracker. Although I know I am town, I have to accept that the town cannot know this for sure, and as such, could be skeptical of my results. Likewise for Prana. He in particular has low odds of achieving a meaningful result, but I see his role more like a rook in chess, blocking the path of a desperate king trying to escape check. Although he won't catch scum killing someone, he shepherds the killer into the pool of VT's, which is covered by our blocker, or takes the NK himself.

The unfortunate dilemma here is depending on both of these players being town. For a night plan of any description to be successful, you need to bank on a couple of "probably's" sometimes, and I think enough people have Kise as a "probably" town, to make that half of the plan work. If Kise shoots his blocks across the pool of VT's like a net, scum must risk using one of their roled members (if they have any) to send the kill or risk getting no kill. This is how we solve the Prana issue. Prana targets a claimed PR of his choice (not Kise). If Prana is town, scum are taking a massive risk by sending one of their roled players to make the kill, thus their only safe move in this situation is to kill Prana, meaning we don't have to deal with him.

If Prana is scum, he will be alive the next day. And the only thing we need to work out is if he is scum, or if scum gambled with a kill covered by a town-Kise/town-Prana situation. We get three more flips at the start of Day 3, and really 1 or 2 of them should be scum. I think at this stage we will be able to work out via PoE if hypo-alive Prana matches or doesn't.

In most instances where he is town, he should die, which is a positive result, as it keeps our other PR's alive. Scum would have to be ballsy to try and set him up.

For my action, I will target an unnamed VT. We don't want to let scum know how urgently I need to be killed. The ugly scenario here is that the Role-Cop acts like a Godfather. I don't think it's too likely scum would have played this game, but it's a possibility.

We need to start chipping away at the 1's and 6's at some point - my preference is for the 1's, considering we have two scummy players in SSBF and SpyreX sitting there. We also know, that only one of them can be scum. I think the appropriate course of action is to lynch one of SSFB/SpyreX (assuming others agree with Spy being scum if SSBF isn't), and if we lynch scum it clears the other and we vig quadz. If we lynch town, we vig the other 1 we didn't lynch. I think this will guarantee us at least one scum, with the possibility of two scum.

What does everyone think about this?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:14 am

Post by Hoopla »

PranaDevil wrote:
quadz08 wrote:Based purely off of this list, Hoopla is immediately scaring the shit out of me. I find it very hard to believe that scum didn't pick a high number, and Hoopla is the only high number alive that isn't me, who is town.

Erm... Hoopla is a high number alive who is town? How do you "know" she is town here?

Whoa. Nice catch.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Faraday »

I think a SSBF lynch is still the way to go here.

Since I expect him to flip scum I think it clears SpyreX and DDD too via the numbers.

It's a total party over here on this wagon, you guys should join me.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:29 am

Post by Hoopla »

Who do we vig, Faraday?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 am

Post by PranaDevil »

The only flaw we have with any plan is that if Kise targets 3 of the 5 VTs, AND Kise is scum... he only needs to leave at least one scum VT free for the kill to go through, then claim he blocked that person instead. (Unless I targetted him, but that means if another scum was a non-VT, they could go instead).

Of the 1s, I favour DDD as scum on a PoE basis. Namely SSBF isn't scum (I've stated why I feel this way repeatedly by now), and Spyrex gives me more town vibes than DDD does.

Of the 6s, Slaxx and Zito strike me as town, and unless they target someone the town hasn't directed them to target, they are town. (If either target a power role, they're autoscum).

I personally like the idea of closing down the 1s, as Slaxx can take out the scum left in there the following night without issue, and we can concentrate on lynching other scum.

I'm sold on Quadz being scum, and he should be lynched. Tonight we can shut down the 1s without much issue, and that just leaves the final scum in the 6s, and I doubt either of the vigs are scum (scum wouldn't have expected them to drop so far), meaning LLD or Faraday is scum. Quadz is unlikely to be scum with LLD which means likely scum team is:
Quadz, DDD (Though Spyrex is an outside possibility, which will be found if we close down the group), Faraday.

There is an outside shot of Kise/Quadz being scum together, which means we could be on the wrong track by closing down the 1s or the 6s, but it's a chance I'm willing to take at the moment.

P-edit:
Faraday, who are likely to be SSBF's partners then?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Faraday »

I'd vig Prana. Can definitely see him and SSBF as buddies. Mostly through POE, I don't see LLD and Kise being scum with him for behavioural based reasons. Spy and DDD are clear via numbers.

I mean granted that Quadz play is poor, but honestly I can't believe he'd be allowed to get a scum pm from that team.

That leaves [Slaxx/Zito/Hoopla/Prana]. Hoopla looks really fucking town. I guess that means one of our vigs and you? Oh wait it's not Slaxx either.

Uh. When I type that out it seems a little too easy but I'm not sure second guessing myself is the way to go. I'll see what my gang say but I still don't see how SSBF can't be scum from his play up in here.

Like there's no WAY SSBF can live untill tomorrow.

I mean even if him and quadz were the same level of scumminess doesn't a SSBF lynch work better in terms of who the vig should be targeting tonight as an SSBF scumflip clears a number of people.

I think between Kise lockdown and using the vigs as a second lynch we got this.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:03 am

Post by PranaDevil »

and an SSBF town flip blows the game wide open again because everyone pushing him can be classed as scum, while everyone defending him has the WIFOM "They knew he was town" shit going on.

Also, the vigs are unlikely scum, unless they're claiming vig while someone above them claims Vanilla, which would be stupid. But it would allow them to perhaps look townier by getting the Vig role that low down.

So... the vigs are town. That leaves LLD and Faraday in the 6s... both of whom want SSBF dead over everything else... and we're looking for an SSBF partner...

Which now brings us to the following:

SSBF is now only scum if BOTH me and Hoopla are.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:05 am

Post by PranaDevil »

And oh look... Hoopla has professed a willingness to get rid of SSBF...

We are now at a stage where only ONE player can be SSBF's partner, and through PoE, no bugger else can be.

*headdesk*

Unless you are claiming Zito is claiming vig when actually SSBF is the vig and Zito has something else of course... which would be, erm... stupid in a severe sense.

SSBF = town, definite town. 100% as close to confirmed town as we bloody well have. It's just a shame the tit isn't actually playing the game.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Papa Zito wrote:DDD, Quadz has done some things, who's scummier of the two?

It's not exactly a good comparison to compare something from quadz to the nothing that SSBF has provided. quadz' big catchup post is pretty dreadful and missed on what I consider a fair amount of things. I think my big issue is where are his town reads; I mean he flacks at least half the players for doing scummy things which I can understand to some extent but the only thing keeping me focused at all is my belief in SpyreX and LLD town which narrows things somewhat.

I'm having a hard time buying the tracker claim from SSBF; I didn't think there was anyway the tracker fell that far. I think the fact that the vigs fell that far actually makes me feel good about the top of the order; if I was scum and was high on the list I absolutely would've wanted extra bullets.

~~

SpyreX wrote:I said if SSBF flips town then swapping to
DDD
SpyreX isn't bad.

Fixed that for you, old chum.

~~

PranaDevil wrote:And oh look... Hoopla has professed a willingness to get rid of SSBF...

We are now at a stage where only ONE player can be SSBF's partner, and through PoE, no bugger else can be.

Yes, bussing is such a completely foreign concept that if it happened in this game it would be a revelation in gameplay. Please try to step things above the quadz level please.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Faraday wrote:Like there's no WAY SSBF can live untill tomorrow.

SSBF promised content by Wednesday or /out. Why not just wait and see.

DDD wrote:I didn't think there was anyway the tracker fell that far.

So you think it's a fakeclaim then? Then he's what, goon?

Also why did you just call Spy town and then for a Spy vig shot?

Hoopla wrote:my preference is for the 1's, considering we have two scummy players in SSBF and SpyreX sitting there. We also know, that only one of them can be scum.

How do we know this.

P.S. Happy birthday!
P.P.S. Banking everything on the numbers business is, as a famous philosopher once said, moonbeams. Can we play mafia plz tia.
Kappa
Just Monika
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:20 am

Papa Zito wrote:
DDD wrote:I didn't think there was anyway the tracker fell that far.

So you think it's a fakeclaim then? Then he's what, goon?

Also why did you just call Spy town and then for a Spy vig shot?

I think it's certainly possible someone is lying trying to cover up going for a more pro-scum role, namely the JK.

It's in the context of a SSBF lynch and a town-flip; if we're "locking down the 1's" SpyreX has an infinitely greater chance of being scum than I do and thus if the options are him getting vigged or me getting vigged; it's an easy call.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I think it's certainly possible someone is lying trying to cover up going for a more pro-scum role, namely the JK.

Zoraster wrote:Day 1:
GreyICE the Town Jailkeeper was Lynched

You mean that JK?

DDD wrote:It's in the context of a SSBF lynch and a town-flip; if we're "locking down the 1's" SpyreX has an infinitely greater chance of being scum than I do and thus if the options are him getting vigged or me getting vigged; it's an easy call.

gawd the numbers

We can spin just about any stupid idea we want with the damn numbers.
Kappa
Just Monika
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:25 am

Papa Zito wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I think it's certainly possible someone is lying trying to cover up going for a more pro-scum role, namely the JK.

Zoraster wrote:Day 1:
GreyICE the Town Jailkeeper was Lynched

You mean that JK?

I'm trying to figure out what exactly your point is, so in the meanwhile I'm just going to say yes.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:26 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Papa Zito wrote:Can we play mafia plz tia.

You do realize you have to play Mafia differently in PYP than elsewhere BECAUSE of the numbers right? You can't just say "oh there be numbers, ignore them". They are important, they're useful, and paying close attention to them actually, y'know... WINS THE GAME.

Spyrex and SSBF can't be scum together because they both picked 1. If you pick the same first number as someone else you drop down the list. If three people pick the same number, you drop even further. By suggesting that two scum would possibly pick the same first number, you are saying "Scum deliberately put themselves in a position to almost guarentee being vanilla", in a game with multiple roles that would screw them over... this makes no sense.

Therefore we can safely deduce that, on the basis of scum (and their entire teams... meaning 12 people in total here) not being totally stupid and all hurr durr, that they each picked seperate first numbers. So if we find one scum in the 1s, we can confirm the other 2 are town. Just like if we find one scum in the 6s, we know the other 3 are town.

Anyone in here going "the numbers aren't important to look at, lets just lynch a scum read regardless of those" might want to take a look over the previous games and then tell us that the numbers are unimportant.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I'm trying to figure out what exactly your point is, so in the meanwhile I'm just going to say yes.

You're saying you think SSBF claimed Tracker to cover up for the flipped town JailKeeper.

wat

PranaDevil wrote:Anyone in here going "the numbers aren't important to look at, lets just lynch a scum read regardless of those" might want to take a look over the previous games and then tell us that the numbers are unimportant.

Ok.

If we have to have this conversation: Why is the second number not important?
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”