- 1 - Amrun - (L-10)
elvis_knits
- 1 - Gammagooey - (L-10)
Magister Ludi
- 2 - RayFrost, ToastyToast - (L-9)
Maxous
- 1 - Vi - (L-10)
mykonian
- 4 - elvis_knits, CSL, DietyKabuto, C-Worl - (L-7)
RayFrost
- 1 - Magister Ludi - (L-10)
ToastyToast
- 1 - AlmasterGM - (L-10)
Vi
- 1 - GreyICE - (L-10)

Players not voting: Bastard Bros, Iecerint, InHimshallibe, Maxous, mykonian, RedCoyote

I'm a HUUUUUGE Sima Yi fan, especially after playing DW7, so I kinda want it to come into play tbh. ^^~

I asked whether you'd played all the games to determine whether it was weird that you grouped the sworn brothers but not the Sun family. DW7 makes it clear that the Sun family isn't connected in the same way that the bromance is connected (e.g. SSX spends as much time in Shu as Wu), but it's not really touched on in earlier games IIRC.
Last edited by SpyreX on Sun May 22, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I disagree that SHu has only three. Zhuge Liang (my FAVORITE CHARACTER) is also a rather principle one. According to the wiki he's in every single game.

Re toasty thinking I came to his defense: I was having more of an issue with the double standard I saw in ludi's posting than anything about his stance on you (though I disagree with his logic for his suspicion, I can't say it's a particularly scummy stance to take in isolation).
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by RayFrost »

That said, I don't feel the Zhuge Liang thing is particularly relevant to anything. I just wanted to say that I love him.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Katsuki »

If we're gonna go into that, I know virtually all the Shu generals, if only because the story of the Three Kingdoms was my childhood (my favorite book as a kid, if only because it was mainly a picture book, albeit a 300pg one). :P

No one cares about the Wu though. The only one I remembered as a kid from that country was Zhou Yu. :P

Same with Wei, only one who pops into my mind as someone I knew as a kid is CaoCao.

As for knowledge of characters, I have almost no knowledge of specific DW chars (only played DW3, and while it was my favorite game, I never owned it).

Aside from those, rest of my character knowledge (no historical context) stems from 三国杀。
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I hadn't noticed that he was implying EXACTLY AND ONLY those 3. That changes things.

Upon reread, also:
Magister Ludi wrote:It also appears you DID know
why I choose those three characters
of Shu, (being principle proponents/brothers) yet saw fit to try painting my expression of Shu as somewhat maligned or weird or anti-town. I do not think it was at all.
As for Wu, its your guess as good as mine, considering that the Quan family has four members plus sisters.

Bold added. Ludi is assuming 3 scum per team and ruling out the possibility of 4; otherwise, his comment about Wu would make no sense. O_O

Inside information, etc.

VOTE: Magister Ludi
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by Katsuki »

History wise, it wouldn't make any sense for 诸葛亮 to not be in this game...

You guys wanna fill me in on whether he was relevant in DW or not?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Actually, doesn't really matter.

Unvote, Vote: Ludi
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Give the pinyin.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I forgot I had imput on.

zhugeliang
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Oh, that's Zhuge.

Yeah, he's a big deal in DW. Rivalry with Sima Yi, etc. I prefer Sima Yi because Shu is really ineffectual and unsympathetic IMO and I'm annoyed that Zhuge doesn't ditch them or at least take over the country.

/off-topic
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I own Dw3 I think though I haven't played it for about a year and a half. Lemme check which one I actually own... might be #5. Yup #5 not #3. Oh well.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I haven't played in... at least 8 years I'd say? :cry:
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Yeah if what Iece says is true about DW flavor, then leaving out Zhugeliang is pretty bad...

My fav char in DW3 was Ma Chao. :P
Played Sima Yi and Pang Tong for fun sometimes.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Magister Ludi wrote:I've played every Dynasty Warriors game basically.
Toasty, what lead you to believe in two scum teams?

Well, from the knowledge I do have of the flavor, the fact that there are multiple families, all with different goals, suggest that our town will have more than one going against them. Given that this is a large theme, multiple scum teams is not rare. Also, a large without 2 scum teams tends to have some 3rd parties. The game being about warfare b/w families, I find find a mafia-sk setup to be less likely. Of course, this cannot be known until we get night results.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

If there are 2 scum teams of 4 that means 8 total scum out of 20 people and a possible scum majority at the start of d2 if we screw up all the d1 duels. So uh no.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It depends on whether the game was balanced town v scum or faction v faction v faction.

I think it's true that site meta probably trends 3v3 for 20-sized games, though there are exceptions.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by mykonian »

elvis_knits wrote:So far I see:

Scummiest:
Myko for wanting to charge in and duel
AlmasterG for convoluted reasoning why we should not let majority rule
Maxous for promoting the idea that if we "trust" someone we give them free reign to duel
Amrun 59 gives me slight scum twinge by saying he was calling bastard scum as a "joke"

It has been my experience that in games like this where there are strategies that CLEARLY benefit scum, and some people push these strategies, THEY ARE SCUM.

vote myko

I'm catching up now (damn guys, it was weekend). And I dislike this. A lot. First, rayfrost had to explain Elvis what was actually going on. Second, Elvis knows me a bit. I'm not the rushy type, which makes this a very silly vote. But it does show something: elvis is starting out passively. Caps don't help either, as she is just explaining with them that antitown = scum to her. She knows I'm not antitown.

vote Elvis
. For the lynch.

Maxous wrote:Hmm I want to see who mykonian is so sure of that he wants to duel right away. I have a thought but I'll wait for the response.

Gammagooey. Rayfrosts banter was to be expected, and is in this character. Gamma's answer is cautious. He doesn't join in the fun, but mostly tries to calm things down. It feels like scum unconciously holding back.

RayFrost wrote:
Magister Ludi wrote:Toasty is also worth keeping an eye on. The only reason a mind would wonder to the possibility of two ro more scum teams is if the known composition of your own scum team is not very strong or large.

As for Flavor about more scum teams, we have
Wu
with the Quan family,
Shu
with Lui Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and possibly a serial killer along the lines of Dong Zhou or Lu Bu.

Each probably interact favorably with duels somehow

"Toasty is suspect for coming up with the possibility of multiple scumteams"

"There are possibilities for scumteams and there's probably a serial killer!"

Vote: Magister Ludi

Post of the day. In spirit I'm on the Ludi wagon.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Iec I thought that 4 scum might be balanced TOTAL until Spy said that the duel could be a double lynch instead of just a force-lynch 1 person deal.
There's just waaaaaaay too much potential for snowballing effects with 2 scumteams that big and one or two potentially poor town decisions. If Spy put in that many scum on each team (I COULD see 2 of 3+a SK) then I will send Spy like 20 pictures of my avatar glaring at him post game.

I don't really see how what I did was cautious and am ever so slightly hurt by the implication that I'm not fun but the rest of myko's post is pretty cool.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Gammagooey wrote:Iec I thought that 4 scum might be balanced TOTAL until Spy said that the duel could be a double lynch instead of just a force-lynch 1 person deal.

o_O

This is crazy talk AFAICT, unless you mistyped or I totally don't know what you're claiming...
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

No for serious. Giving everyone in the game a force-lynch (which is basically what dueling is, except we can also kill both people or the activator) is an inherently anti-town mechanic, look at all the bad idea games.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I tentatively agree with gamma here. This could be very very bad for town very quickly if we say... used gamma's "we can duel twice in one day" ability and end up with four town dead D1 with (assumed two scumteams of four) scum hitting two town... well it's already a scum majority D2. Town's essentially screwed so I really doubt that scumteams are that heavily stacked if there's more than one. Though there
is
the possibility of one scumteam having larger numbers but weaker powers and the other having smaller numbers an stronger powers I guess. Really don't feel this kind of speculation's worthwhile this early on though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It's relevant because we're trying to determine whether it's scummy that Ludi assumed 3v3 and discounted 4.

I suppose he ideally would've responded to this himself BUT cat's been out of the bag for a bit by now, so ye know.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

elvis 31 wrote:We decide together who our two top suspects are and force them to duel (and anybody who refuses to duel will be auto-lynched by the town via some townie who volunteers to duel them -- an enforcer perhaps nominated by the town). We should only have two scummy people dueling each other. No townie should take it upon themselves to duel someone they think is scum

This is fine, but we don't need an "enforcer" or any of that crap. Just go with what feels right. If someone refuses a duel, however, that should and would be a serious red flag.

elvis 31 wrote:But if we see extra death after a duel, or something funny going on, then we know who to blame.

This is a good point. I hadn't considered this.

elvis 38 wrote:I think a lot of that really depends on the circumstances of who is up for duel and how scummy I think they are.

Right. You're making too much of this, hon. Just go with the flow. Things will work out right if we all take thoughtful actions and make no hasty decisions. The only thing we need to emphasize is about players not committing to a duel prematurely.

---

RF 39 wrote:We almost certainly want to duel as much as possible considering that the likelihood of empowering scum is less and there doesn't seem like a large difference in having us pseudo vote for top two scum rather than TOP SCUM OF THE YEAR THAT MUST DIE and it'd probably give more information than just having a single flip. One flip can be useful for analysis but two flips give double the information imo. It'd also be useful for seeing which people push one but not the other an seeing their logic as to why and the like. I'm having difficulty following why it wouldn't be a good idea to start off on the position that we
should
use it and then adjust as more information comes out.

Yes, this is solid. I just think, you know, you still have to see what happens during the game. Just be cool and act natural.

---

AGM 46 wrote:and/or if they are incredibly sure on a read.

No, we have a serious disagreement here. I don't agree with this. I don't care if it's DGB herself, one person should not be able to do this on a whim. If someone wants to duel, then they need the town's backing, plain and simple. Otherwise I seriously question their motivations. I mean, we'll see what happens, but that's how I'm looking at it right now.

AGM 46 wrote:Ultimately, my point is not that people who are obvtown should just go around yelling, "LOL IMMA KILL ALL TEH SCUMZ"

No, I get what you're saying, but I think you're giving yourself room to consistently throw duels out if you feel is necessary regardless of what others have to say about it. I don't like that.

---

Juls 51 wrote:
Pre-Vote
: Amrun

Yeah, that did seem a little odd, but I think she was just being cute.

---

elvis 52 wrote:I am an aggressive player and I love fast bold moves and games. I'm all in. But we have to think about what we're doing too. I have been in other games with similar mechanics that result in more than one player dead each day (like dynamite or something), and if you don't watch your arse you can lose a bunch of people in nothing flat and sometimes not have enough to go off in terms of getting other player's opinions. Then you're really in the hole, and scum are laughing. I'm not sure I want a double death on D1. I want to see a flip before committing to that amount of risk.

Whatever we do: I want every player to weigh in on who they want to duel and and why, if they want two dead or one, and who they want to lynch and why. We need that info to stack up over the days.

And no fucking way should any town player challenge anybody to a duel without a majority agreement. No fucking way. It is anti-town to act on something irreversible like deciding the duel for the town. We will get much more info if everyone decides together.

This. All of it. This is required reading for all players.

---

AGM 54 wrote:Imagine the following: you and I are both confirmed town (by cop or something). We take a straw poll for who should duel and it comes out as follows:

Two obvscum players (5) - Obvtown, good scumhunter, good scumhunter, AlmasterGM, elvis_knits
Two people who we think are town, but for some reason these 7 people think are scum (7) - obvscum, obvscum, lurker, lurker, VI, null, null

My position: Fuck the straw poll, we're lynching the obvscum.
Your position: Welp, I disagree ... but I guess we'll go with the majority.

Obviously there are considerations to be made. Nothing is absolute. That's not the argument, and I think you know that.

Plus, we're no longer talking about AGM gets it in his mind that X is sure to flip scum, so he duels before he sleeps on it. You're saying that's fine because you were incredibly sure on your read. That's just not going to work out, bud.

---

Gamma 57 wrote:Mostly because if I start a duel for a LIMITED TIME ONLY (read:today) it doesn't end the day.

That's good of you to claim. You're given duel priority as far as I'm concerned. Now we just have to worry about the other 18 people, but at least you're on record of saying this early.

Gamma 57 wrote:Aaaaaaanyway.
Vote:elvis_knits

:neutral:

---

Vi 61 wrote:Maxous 53... Fluff levels significant. Action desired.
Voting... Maxous (L-10)

I can run with this.

Viputer, please input my
vote: Maxous

---

AGM 68 wrote:This. So much this.

I don't see how anyone is strawmanning you when you said, and I quote, "if [a player] is incredibly sure on a read [then they have authority to duel]"

---

CSL 69 wrote:Only idiots charge in headfirst...

I don't really see mykonian as advocating this. I think he was just being kind of tongue-in-cheek.

---

Max 75 wrote:Alright let's go through this..
Let's say for example we the town determine Amrun and Juls to be the two most likely players to be mafia. We tell them to duel each-other and we will kill them both. If they don't do this we will lynch them one after the other.
Alas, it turns out Juls is town. If she calls this duel then she would be allowing herself as town to die without people lynching her (this is the equivalent of self-hammering as town) and therefore we get little info out of the lynch/death as opposed to analysing who voted to be her lynched.
That is why it is actually a bad move as town.

This is a fair point, but what do you say to the idea that voting "no winner" of said duel is, in effect, like voting both players? So, I mean, we're still getting information out of that.

Max 77 wrote:However the problem I would have with 2 'scummy looking' people dueling is we would be giving the winner a power-up. Plus the hassle of trying to get them to duel each-other in the first place if they suspect they are going to lose.

Eh, not the point doesn't sound as fair. You're forcing your argument here.

---

AGM 78 wrote:This is a pretty non-concrete stance on the issue. Majority rules except when somebody strongly disagrees with the majority? That's not majority rules.

Scumbucket with you.

This is right, and Toast's explanation has left me unfulfilled.

Unvote
;
vote: ToastyToast

---

Gamma 80 wrote:Personally I don't think all this is actually helpful but maybe some other people can get some reads out of this mess.

I am. This is great insight into how everyone is thinking.

Gamma, I think, like, what you're doing is good. You told us about your duel ability and aren't jumping to the gun to duel someone. That's perfectly fine. Of course, we're only a couple of pages in, but I think you get my point. This is how duels should be reached. A player says they want to have a duel above all others, the town weighs the merits of that request, and, if we see it as beneficial, then they may duel someone scummy. That's perfectly fine.

What I would have an issue with is if you just said, "Look, I have a power for today only with my duel. I choose to
Duel: X
". That would be completely wrong.

---

Juls 83 wrote:OK, I have an idea, it's probably dumb but it's a thought nonetheless. Why not play this game as normal. Then, if you are town, and you are about to be mislynched and there is no way to save yourself, you should Duel the person you have the biggest town read on so that in your death, we empower a townie. If someone hammers then they are auto-scummy. If someone refuses to L-1 duel, then an elected townie can force a duel. This should help us empower town as often as possible. Anyone who hammers is scummy. Anyone who duels without being elected is scummy. Anyone who duels someone else and flips scum should be heavily considered as scummy but not guaranteed (scum could wifom it).

Oh, wow. Even if someone shoots this down (I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work), this is good thinking. I really like this idea.

---

ML 89 wrote:C-Worls 81 looks like a vote park with an easy transition to a any forming wagon. Dislike.

Agreed.

ML 89 wrote:Lu Bu

Do not persue Lu Bu!

This is the extent of my theme knowledge.

---

Grey 93 wrote:Please read some other DK games before voting him

This. Be very thoughtful with a potential DK vote.

---

RF 99 wrote:"Toasty is suspect for coming up with the possibility of multiple scumteams"

"There are possibilities for scumteams and there's probably a serial killer!"

Vote: Magister Ludi

If he has knowledge of the theme, why not be upfront about it?

---

Toast 120 wrote:I do think he's being significantly more under the radar than I'm used to.

The game has been open for, like, 24 hours.

Toast 120 wrote:Are you suggesting that there is a connection between myself and Ludi? Please explain. I can't comment on a vote with a simple declaration.

He explained an issue with you earlier, and I have the same one. You're saying one thing but meaning another.

---

Iec 129 wrote:Ludi is assuming 3 scum per team and ruling out the possibility of 4; otherwise, his comment about Wu would make no sense. O_O

Inside information, etc.

Are you really voting him based on theme related issues? How am I supposed to analyze this at all?

---

Toast 138 wrote:Well, from the knowledge I do have of the flavor, the fact that there are multiple families, all with different goals, suggest that our town will have more than one going against them. Given that this is a large theme, multiple scum teams is not rare. Also, a large without 2 scum teams tends to have some 3rd parties. The game being about warfare b/w families, I find find a mafia-sk setup to be less likely. Of course, this cannot be known until we get night results.

See, I agree with this and I think this is was ML was getting at. Why do you have a problem with ML when I see this comment as right in line with what he said in post 89?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

tl;dr = Toast & C-Worl are scummy. Kat, Juls, and elvis seem townie. I agree with Juls' plan. Gamma should get duel priority.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

RedCoyote wrote:If he has knowledge of the theme, why not be upfront about it?

Like I aid in a later post, I retract that it's a major scumtell on his part. I still don't like it, but it's hardly a large point against him like I initially thought. He's still my primo choice for who is scum at the moment as I don't really feel that toasty's thing is a big deal and also feel that c-worl's vote is proto-typical from what I've seen of him both town and scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”