Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 12:24 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Do you think the other scum were on EP?

Yeah, it's a possibility.

Magua wrote:Scum going after RC know that RC's not really scum. They shoot him, he flips town, they're not really surprised. But they want to fake a townie reaction. They have this idea that the townie reaction is to be consistent, still believing that RC is scum even with the mod flip. So out comes "confusion".
I read "I'm confused" to mean something more akin to "I don't know who to suspect now that RC is confirmed town". Perhaps that was a poor assumption on my part.

Can you please explain in deep detail why Dana and Ep were both strong townie wagons? What does that mean? That both are town? Or that there is a lot of town members on both wagons?
In the scenario described, we are speculating that dana is town, and Peregrine is scum. Since the wagons on EP and dana were strong at the end of day 1, a scum would not bother getting involved and throw his vote elsewhere.

MoS, why is that good-posting from Magua? Do you agree that what ooba said is scummy? If so, whay are you still voting dana.

I don't think I've commented on Rok yet. It seems to me that she is making a lot of effort to 'draw out' scum. However, her vote on Ant wasn't just testing the water. She legitimately thought Ant was scum, based on his short-term reads, his lack of aggression, and active lurking. Now she's saying that it was purely an attempt to extract information. Not only is this contradictory, but it also means that she has no scum reads on anybody at this point. I need to see more from her and quickly.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

PeregrineV wrote:@Thor- I like the investigative questions. However, how about a
little
lot of opinion on the game, players, actions, etc?

You're saying I haven't been doing this, or you want a recap, or what? I haven't been fond of wallposting for quite a while now.
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

mikeburnfire wrote:
I don't think I've commented on Rok yet. It seems to me that she is making a lot of effort to 'draw out' scum. However, her vote on Ant wasn't just testing the water. She legitimately thought Ant was scum, based on his short-term reads, his lack of aggression, and active lurking. Now she's saying that it was purely an attempt to extract information. Not only is this contradictory, but it also means that she has no scum reads on anybody at this point. I need to see more from her and quickly.

Don't know how you got the impression that I didn't have a scumread on Ant. I was mostly trying to find ammunition to fight him with in the future, when a wagon on him would have higher potential for success, or, if he did something that convinced me he was town, to drop my scope on him completely and focus on something else.

PeregrineV wrote:
@Rag- what are you town/scum reads? And why?

Ant is my primary scumread, because he hadn't contributed anything meaningful on day 1. He posted more when he defended himself, which could be telling of a scum finding contribution hard that suddenly found a good excuse to post. Promising to read back probably isn't telling, but it's still a small pet peeve of mine, since that's what i usually do when I'm having trouble contributing. His conduct at the very beginning of this day, and in combination with that, channel's opinion on his player-wide analysis makes me doubt my read a bit. My feelings should become clearer in the near future.

I have a handful of miscellaneous town reads that I don't see the point in sharing right now.

Most of the other people in the game are null, with one or two raising some minor suspicions that I intend to look further into so as to form a solid opinion.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:14 am

Post by ooba »

I don't have a single solid read this game - either scum\town. RC was the closest and him flipping town didn't help. I'm upto page 15 in my re-read - thoughts within the hour.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:23 am

Post by danakillsu »

Ugh. I can't be on the same wagon as PeregrineV. And mbf HAS stopped ignoring me at least, so
unvote vote: Ragnarokio
. It looks like you've pretty much folded here, and admitted by silence that your reasons for doing some things make little to no sense from a town perspective. That's good enough for me.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Can you please explain in deep detail why Dana and Ep were both strong townie wagons? What does that mean? That both are town? Or that there is a lot of town members on both wagons?
In the scenario described, we are speculating that dana is town, and Peregrine is scum. Since the wagons on EP and dana were strong at the end of day 1, a scum would not bother getting involved and throw his vote elsewhere.

Well, in post 626, you had Dana listed as one of your "biggest suspects". Please walk me through the transition from "biggest suspect" to "townie" from post 626 to 629. It honestly seems like a bad slip on your part, because leaving off the word townie and your post makes more sense. But since you included the word, it has raised flags with me.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Thor665 wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:@Thor- I like the investigative questions. However, how about a
little
lot of opinion on the game, players, actions, etc?

You're saying I haven't been doing this, or you want a recap, or what? I haven't been fond of wallposting for quite a while now.

I'm ok with walls. I'd like to hear your thoughts on current game events, the latest lynch and NK, and your reads on the players, and kind of what influences those reads.

Have you already been doing this? I know you were out for a bit, but with a new day=fresh hunting time!

Dana wrote:Ugh. I can't be on the same wagon as PeregrineV.

:lol:

@CDB- I'm going for a fuller RC review later on, just want to see how your is coming.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Pere, here's my recap of the lynch, the nightkill, and what's going on today. ::deep breath::

EP is dead, he was town, probably at least one player on that wagon is scum and I'm betting Rag.
ReaperCharlie is dead, he was town, I tend to suspect he was killed more for general town goodness than a particular pushed case though might reappraise that after a few more flips.
I am wondering why you're not voting Rag.

Anything else?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Thor- I do have more, but my kid is bugging me to go to the bookstore, so it'll have to be later.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Apologies. RL stuff. Plenty of time today though so will be reading and posting in a bit.
#greenshirtthursdays
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:49 am

Post by mothrax »

votecount 1.6
Chuck: If you want to go through life emotionally constipated and alone then suit yourself. I'll let you go back to protecting the greater good you freaking robot!
Casey: We met in Rome. In a flower shop. Ilsa was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.
Chuck: I knew it. IT'S ALIVE!

Ragnarokio (3): Thor665, Empking, danakillsu
Ant_to_the_max (1): Ragnarokio
danakillsu (2): mikeburnfire, Mastermind of Sin
ooba (1): Magua
mikeburnfire (1): PeregrineV

Not Voting (4) ChannelDelibird, Ant_to_the_max, PeregrineV, ooba

Notes:
MoS is V/LA untill the 23rd.
Prodding Empking
With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline is Thursday June 2nd at 11:59 PM (EST)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Magua »

ooba wrote:I don't have a single solid read this game - either scum\town. RC was the closest and him flipping town didn't help. I'm upto page 15 in my re-read - thoughts within the hour.

:(
Ragnarokio
Ragnarokio
Goon
Ragnarokio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Ragnarokio »

danakillsu wrote:Ugh. I can't be on the same wagon as PeregrineV. And mbf HAS stopped ignoring me at least, so
unvote vote: Ragnarokio
. It looks like you've pretty much folded here, and admitted by silence that your reasons for doing some things make little to no sense from a town perspective. That's good enough for me.

I was thinking that starting an attack that had no chance of success would be less preferable than gaining information, and holding off until said attack would have a higher chance of ultimate success. I think now that I probably should have voted him anyway, at least until I would be forced to pick one of the major wagons instead.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Thor665 wrote:@Pere, here's my recap of the lynch, the nightkill, and what's going on today. ::deep breath::

EP is dead, he was town, probably at least one player on that wagon is scum and I'm betting Rag.
ReaperCharlie is dead, he was town, I tend to suspect he was killed more for general town goodness than a particular pushed case though might reappraise that after a few more flips.
I am wondering why you're not voting Rag.

Anything else?

Ok, the more.

Reads on all remaining living players, and what actions or words helped to develop that read.

The better question is, why are you voting Rag? You used "probably" and "betting" to pick Rag out of the lineup. Can you give a case I can get behind before asking me to vote him?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Magua »

Magua wrote:
ooba wrote:I don't have a single solid read this game - either scum\town. RC was the closest and him flipping town didn't help. I'm upto page 15 in my re-read - thoughts within the hour.

:(

@ooba:
Promised reads please. I see you posting in other games, please post in this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

PeregrineV wrote:Reads on all remaining living players, and what actions or words helped to develop that read.

I'll give you this.

danakillsu - Null
Channeldelibird - Town
Ant_to_the_max - Null
PerigrineV - Null
Mastermind of Sin* - Null
Thor665 - Handsome
mikeburnfire - Town
Ragnarokio - Scum
ooba - Scum
Magua - Town
Empking* - Scum

I refuse to spend the time to justify every read I currently have to the level you just requested it. If you can justify why I need to do so when you haven't asked anyone else to do so I'll consider it. Until then - no.

PeregrineV wrote:The better question is, why are you voting Rag? You used "probably" and "betting" to pick Rag out of the lineup. Can you give a case I can get behind before asking me to vote him?

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure of my read. You can sit around and wait for a cop to claim if it makes you happy, or you can sheep me.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Thor, I'm getting a town vibe from you, but why do you have CD and Magua as town reads? They seem fairly 'null' to me. Additionally, I can understand your reasoning for suspecting Rag and Ooba, but where does your scum read of EmpKing stem from?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Empking actually comes 100% from MarchHare for reasons already stated - for the slot I have a scum read, for the player I have nothing.
Magua and Delbird are there for active scumhunting and logic use I see, understand, and agree with.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

mikeburnfire wrote:MoS, why is that good-posting from Magua? Do you agree that what ooba said is scummy? If so, whay are you still voting dana.

This:

Magua wrote:
Ragnarokio wrote:I wanted to see how ant and others would react if I attacked ant without putting a vote behind it. I at least thought it had a higher potential to yield useful information than a direct vote would have been. If Ant was scum, a wagon on him probably wouldn't have been successful at that point in the game, so it wasn't worth trying to lynch him anyway. My vote was on thor because I hadn't removed it from the previous bandwagon.

Wait...what?

No.

That makes no sense.

Magua literally took the words out of my head.

...and this:

Magua wrote:
Ragnarokio wrote:@Magua: Alright.

So...you agree with me? That it makes no sense?

Does this bother you at all?

Expanding now on the "confusion" bit:

Townie Thought Process: I think ReaperCharlie is scum. He's scum scum scum. Oh, he died and flipped town. Guess I was wrong. I need to reevaluate stuff.

At no point is the town "confused" about what's going on. What's going on is simple. I thought EP was scum. He flipped town. That didn't confuse me. It made me sad, but it didn't confuse me.

The scum thought process is different. Scum going after RC know that RC's not really scum. They shoot him, he flips town, they're not really surprised. But they want to fake a townie reaction. They have this idea that the townie reaction is to be consistent, still believing that RC is scum even with the mod flip. So out comes "confusion".

This is bollocks.

Exactly what I was thinking as well.

Also, dana's scumminess > ooba's scumminess.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Also, not impressed by Empking's level of contribution since replacing MarchHare.
Permanent V/LA.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Post by ooba »

Town
PerigrineV
Ragnarokio
mikeburnfire

Null-Town
Thor665
Ant_to_the_max
Mastermind of Sin

Null-Scum
Magua*animorpherv1*
Empking*MarchHare*

Scum
Channeldelibird
danakillsu

Vote: dana

This is mostly vibe based off a few posts but I'll try and give you an insight into how I arrived at this..

Per and Rag solely based on posting vibes.

CBD goes out of his way to mention Thor - play akin to scum player linking himself to a townie
- "RC/Thor is null."
- "The Thor wagon is pretty worthy. I approve of it. Good luck with it - I'll make myself busy exploring my own line of investigation in the meantime." -> Till this point I was thinking it was scum commenting on scum
- "Either way Thor looks fairly town now." -> This was for the dayvig - this is where I thought it fits the pattern of scum on town

Page 14
- RC starts the pressure on dana, ep follows
- CDB and dana attack Per
- MarchHare goes out of the way to attack Thor
- MoS joins Per wagon - later acquits himself by joining dana wagon at end of day and D2 suspicions
- Also this VC tells us a lot
danakillsu (4):
PerigrineV, mikeburnfire, ReaperCharlie, Mastermind of Sin

Energetic Penguin (3): Magua,
Thor665, Ragnarokio

ReaperCharlie (2): MarchHare,
ooba

mikeburnfire (1): danakillsu

Not voting (3): Channeldelibird, Ant_to_the_max,
Energetic Penguin

- Ant goes into town list because I don't see scum doing a stupid hammer like that ..
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:55 am

Post by Empking »

Ooba; Is Thor being a town read dependent on CDB being scum?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:53 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Eh. Really sorry for promising and not delivering. Will reread as soon as I can.

ooba's last post reads fairly townish but contains no explanation of why my behaviour is more likely to be scum linking himself to town than it is to be town.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”