SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 8:16 am

Post by SocioPath »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Thor's willing-to-lynch on baseless meta arguments is scum smelling a lynch, and digging his heels in for the kill.

DrippingGoofball wrote:No one else on my team cared for Mountainous. And I'm a team player.

SocioPath picked the scum game, though.

VOTE: Sociopath
DrippingGoofball wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:SocioPath picked the scum game, though.
Wait...
THE scum game?
What are you implying?
Oh this is good.
Unvote
Vote: DGB

A game with a scum role, that's how you ended up here. :roll:
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Chris B
Chris B
Townie
Chris B
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Chris B »

Just a quick heads up that I've had some pretty major family stuff going on. As a result, I'm skim reading right now. Just wanted to check in since I ill-advisedly said the 24 hours thing. Whichever way the lynch goes, I'm looking forward to some proper information coming out of it (hopefully).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mith wrote:DGB seems to be grasping for a lifeline with the Thor stuff, and I’m finding it really hard to be bothered about preference meta anyway… (This argument is veering in the direction of self-meta, which DGB herself called a scumtell. Double meh.)

Yeah I know. But I've been backed into a corner by meta arguments that are patently false. You gotta fight fire with fire, or in this case, fight fake rubbish with real rubbish. It's still rubbish. BUT - do you see town motivations for Thor to be doing this? He's seriously WILLING TO LYNCH on unsupported, false information that he claims to have conveniently gotten from his team mates. I'm really worried that you're not picking up on this.

mith wrote:DGB: I thought SP made a good point wrt you negating [can’t remember who]’s town read by calling it a null tell for SP. If you think SP’s behaviour is scummy, what would you have expected him to be doing as town?

Help me here, this browser sucks and I'm limited with my ability to have multiple windows (I can't seem to open two windows, even by clicking on the program bar), and I'm stuck with it until Sunday only. Looking things up is a major hurdle right now.

mith wrote:See also post 257; I want a response to those points.
OK, I have to post, and go back to the orginal post to follow this link. Have I mentioned how much I loathe this browser?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 12:54 pm

SocioPath wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Thor's willing-to-lynch on baseless meta arguments is scum smelling a lynch, and digging his heels in for the kill.

DrippingGoofball wrote:No one else on my team cared for Mountainous. And I'm a team player.

SocioPath picked the scum game, though.

VOTE: Sociopath
DrippingGoofball wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:SocioPath picked the scum game, though.
Wait...
THE scum game?
What are you implying?
Oh this is good.
Unvote
Vote: DGB

A game with a scum role, that's how you ended up here. :roll:

I don't know why I bother answering scum. You damn well know the difference between early game, let's-get-the-game-going stuff, and the real reason I am voting for you (you declared yourself to be scum, twice), and what Thor is doing.

If you were town, you'd support me. But I'm town, and I'm voting for you, so that changes your perspective, does it not?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Chris B wrote:Just a quick heads up that I've had some pretty major family stuff going on. As a result, I'm skim reading right now. Just wanted to check in since I ill-advisedly said the 24 hours thing. Whichever way the lynch goes, I'm looking forward to some proper information coming out of it (hopefully).

Again, I can't check stuff easily with this browser, is anyone keeping an eye on this guy? Has he done anything?

He doesn't care about the lynch, but he's looking forward to MAYBE hopefully get some information from it? When someone is within hammering rage???? That's what we're getting????????

Is this really his first game here (I assume, Townperson status), or is he an alt well versed in the dark arts of lurking?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:03 pm

mith wrote:
See also post 257; I want a response to those points.

Is this the right link??? There's nothing I see there for me to answer. Nothing to do with me. Am I going blind? Or are you addressing someone else?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:32 pm

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Chris B wrote:Just a quick heads up that I've had some pretty major family stuff going on. As a result, I'm skim reading right now. Just wanted to check in since I ill-advisedly said the 24 hours thing. Whichever way the lynch goes, I'm looking forward to some proper information coming out of it (hopefully).

Again, I can't check stuff easily with this browser, is anyone keeping an eye on this guy? Has he done anything?

He doesn't care about the lynch, but he's looking forward to MAYBE hopefully get some information from it? When someone is within hammering rage???? That's what we're getting????????

Is this really his first game here (I assume, Townperson status), or is he an alt well versed in the dark arts of lurking?

RE-POSTING.

This.

Is.

Bugging.

Me.

IMMENSELY.

Chris B
Chris B
Townie
Chris B
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Chris B »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:

RE-POSTING.

This.

Is.

Bugging.

Me.

IMMENSELY.

I.

DON'T.

Care.

I'm posting partially to explain why I'm not hammering you. I haven't had a chance to go through your posts, along with Sociopath's, since his insanity yesterday, as much as I would like. Whichever way your lynch goes, we're likely to get some information. That doesn't mean I 'don't care about the lynch', it means that I'm not convinced enough to put my vote onto you.

If you're town, stop thrashing about wildly, throwing shit in every direction and hoping it'll stick.
Chris B
Chris B
Townie
Chris B
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Chris B »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

Oh, and don't put words into my mouth. Alternatively, show me where I said 'maybe', since you deemed it worthy of capitalising.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Because I'm fucking pissed off at my job, I'm just answering this:

mith wrote:DemonHybrid: “Just wanted to show that I'm not bullshitting and active lurking.” - Oh how I hate statements like this. Townies don’t need to “show” they aren’t bullshitting/active lurking, they just don’t do those things.

Sotty keeps replying "DH needs to do this, DH needs to do that", so let me rephrase it then if you don't like such a statement. I just want to show that I haven't died in a car accident. Is that better? Because it's the same thing.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:[Thor]'s seriously WILLING TO LYNCH on unsupported, false information that he claims to have conveniently gotten from his team mates.

So your current theory is that my team said nothing about you and I made the whole thing up?

One of them has reported in and said it was a read s/he saw first advanced by ABR in Metropolis mafia and claims validity from her/his own observations. I'll offer more as others check in.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Thor665 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:[Thor]'s seriously WILLING TO LYNCH on unsupported, false information that he claims to have conveniently gotten from his team mates.

So your current theory is that my team said nothing about you and I made the whole thing up?

Jeez, I really want to focus on this for a moment and how crazy it sounds. Even if I was scum and wanted a mislynch on DGB why wouldn't I ask my scumbuddy meta team partners for legitimate reasons to string her up? We (or rather I alone) would just make something up? What's that...that sound in the distance...it sounds like...flailing,
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Going to get caught up here, might get it done tonight, tomorrow for sure at the latest.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Thor665 wrote:So your current theory is that my team said nothing about you and I made the whole thing up?

Did I hit a raw nerve? Amirite? It's perfectly realistic. You have this vague idea that you can use unsupported metas to cast aspersions on a player towards your goal of getting a non-scumpal lynch, and you say your superteam-mates said it, so you're not responsible for the misrep. Your reaction sounds like I got it right.

Thorscum wrote:One of them has reported in and said it was a read s/he saw first advanced by ABR in Metropolis mafia and claims validity from her/his own observations. I'll offer more as others check in.

What good is it if ABR or anyone else says what MY PREFERENCES are? And that someone else "observes" my preference? How can you observe my preference, unless I have stated it? I certainly never shared my preferences with ABR. You're looking worse with every post where you try to defend an indefensible position. You're relying on a Chinese Telephone to lynch a player, like a good little scum.

On Monday I should be able to show you where I have actually stated the OPPOSITE preference to that which ABR, your birdies, or voice in your head imagined that I have.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Chris B wrote:
Oh, and don't put words into my mouth. Alternatively, show me where I said 'maybe', since you deemed it worthy of capitalising.

There were no quotes. It was not a quote.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@DGB - it's perfectly realistic if I'm a moron, sure. Observational data can still deduce preferences. That's how people can buy presents at Christmas and (reasonably accurately - barring socks and ties) accurately purchase something the other person likes. Please try again.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Sevei wrote:I would rather wait to hammer until after DGB's V/LA; it's just seems more polite. In the meantime, we can talk about how scummy Marble is, though.

*twitch*

@mith - Please explain the DGB case.

I find myself in agreement with marble about a few things, which continues to throw me for a loop especially regarding DGB who I view as slightly more scummy than SP, but really not all the bad, yet most of my team sees her as more scummy.

unvote
Vote Sevei
Co-host of The USL Show
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Sotty7 »

The fact that DGB is willing to attack Thor's meta reasons for voting (easy) all the while mostly ignoring Socio's case on her (hard) makes me willing to leave my vote on her.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh yeeeeeeah.

(had to done eventually)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:58 am

Sotty7 wrote:The fact that DGB is willing to attack Thor's meta reasons for voting (easy) all the while mostly ignoring Socio's case on her (hard) makes me willing to leave my vote on her.

Thor's meta reasons are easy to attack because they clearly come from scum. Do you think Thor is town, but he's easy to attack, or he's scum caught in an obvious krap attack?

I'm reminded of a recent theme game http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 79&start=0 Metropolis where ABR made this huge case on me that I knew would lead to my lynch, and that defending myself would be pointless, and my last remaining time in the game was best spent hunting scum. I self-voted, tried to find scum, and that was it. The only reason I'm not voting myself is out of respect of the rest of my superteam. I didn't feel like arguing with ABR. It's very unpleasant, I've done it before, and I didn't care to do it again.

I don't care to argue against Sociopath anymore than I care to argue against ABR. For the record, both ABR and myself were town in that game.

I don't see anyone else making cases, aside from myself, but I'll be more convincing dead, than alive at this point, and my experience says that even after my flip, my cases will be forgotten.

Everyone is happy sucking Sociopath's teat of an OMGUS case and getting rolled over by scum.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:45 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

D1VC9:

DGB (6): Socio, Thor, IP, Equinox, Sotty, mith
Llamarble (2): Sevei, ChrisB
Thor (2): Llamarble, DGB
Sevei (1): LlamaFluff

Not Voting: DH, Klazam

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Chris B
Chris B
Townie
Chris B
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Chris B »

We've been one off a lynch for some time. So I want to ask this question to the following:

Socio
Thor
IP
Equinox
Sotty
Mith

Why should one of the rest of us hammer this lynch? In no more than a paragraph, please.

And a separate question to:

Sevei
Llamarble
Llamafluff
DH
Klazam

Why haven't you hammered yet? Again, no more than a paragraph, please.

My answer to the last question is twofold - I've not had the time I wanted to go into things (apologies - it's been a truly sucky weekend. I've ended up doing a lot of work I wasn't planning on to relieve pressure on someone who needs to look after someone else. Family stuff, basically.), and because I'm annoyed at DGB's last set of posts against me, I feel my judgement is a little clouded, and I could end up voting for someone who is town based on what I perceive as stupidity rather than malice. (Seriously 'that wasn't a quote'? After paraphrasing what I actually said, but using that word in capitals, in along with my actual words? Yeah, that's either scummy or just bad play).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

Chris B wrote:Why should one of the rest of us hammer this lynch? In no more than a paragraph, please.

If you don't want to - don't.
If you do - do.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Chris B wrote:We've been one off a lynch for some time. So I want to ask this question to the following:

I want to know why there is so little scum hunting going on. Your questions are pretty loaded in the direction of gelling my lynch into a foregone conclusion.

It should be pretty clear that there is a proportion of scum that doesn't want to hammer a townie.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Chris B wrote:Why haven't you hammered yet? Again, no more than a paragraph, please.

I dont really think she is scum. I have an amazingly hard time reading the people who are sparratic in thier thought processes at times, but I really am not seeing much in the form of scumtells from DGB, just more frustration (null I know) but the action from this frustration I really dont see being scum since they are not as concerned in staying alive as they are of trying to force the game in a direction that she wants it to go in, which far more likely then not comes from town.

Dont hammer her, vote Sevei instead, I would love to see some pressure over there since this is way more quiet then town-Sevei that I know.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”