Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Plum »

VP Baltar wrote:I don't give a damn about scumhunting...after I called 3 scum and killed 2. I can't be trusted clearly.

Let me rephrase that. You give a damn about scumhunting in general in this because you're the SK. You don't give a damn about my alignment despite your fervent exclamations that I'm scum and that I should be lynched or killed. Dress it up in as many sneers as you like, but you haven't pretended to care to engage with discussions about my alignment today because you've already decided I'm a decent target.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count X:
Fight for your life!
:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-3) ~
VP Baltar,
Demonic Angel, Seraphim, AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
ooba,
RayFrost
Plum (L-5) ~ sottyrulez, Faraday, VP Baltar
RayFrost (L-6) ~ Parama, Magua,
Plum

VP Baltar (L-6) ~ MagnaofIllusion, Plum
Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special, ooba

-Nobody Special has been prodded...

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(67%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Seraphim »

It's pretty lulzy that the targets of the two top competing wagons are both voting VP at this juncture.

Hmmmmmm....
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Demonic Angel wrote:

He bussed like a champ in Return to Liten.

Actually I overdid it there. I probably shouldn't have actively led the lynch on my last partner in hindsight. Meh .. it got me cred and made Llama make a really tough choice in LYLO. Which to his credit he made correctly.

The hell is the point of this paragraph anyways?

This is the exact fluff that you stick into your posts as scum that has my scumread on you not fading.
Fate+The Angelic Presence known as
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Seraphim wrote:It's pretty lulzy that the targets of the two top competing wagons are both voting VP at this juncture.

Hmmmmmm....

What's even more lulzy is your attempt to assert in some way that indicates we're scum partners. Really ... it's that sad.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Demonic Angel wrote:

This is the exact fluff that you stick into your posts as scum that has my scumread on you not fading.

You are complaining about me fluffing?

Insert face-palm pic here.

My ISO from today has more content than all three Days of your lighthearted little banter. Subtract Fate's contributions and NS probably has more game relevant content than your slot.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by RayFrost »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Did MoI just argue that I wasn't reading the game when my read on him was based upon reading the game?

lol

Rayfrost wrote:This is my saying
my feel of your posts in the first ten pages of the game
was not-good-feelings. Although you had the same read for quadz as I did, what
I saw in the first ten pages of posts
was not any real defense of him

Lol ... somehow I missed where 10 pages was the full game.

Nvm, you aren't reading my posts
don't you feel silly now?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Um, your point?

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by RayFrost »

My point is your point is invalid.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

That said, I'm really getting a town vibe from MoI due to his recent posting. A RB possibility is there, and, to be honest, I still need to finish reading the thread.

I trust faraday more than I trust myself, atm.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Urgh, my head explode.

Every time I think about MoI, I get conflicting reads. I think he's town then think he's scum and on and on.
Unvote

I'm reserving my stance for after I get my head clear and I read this entire thread.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Demonic Angel wrote:

You are complaining about me fluffing?

Insert face-palm pic here.

My ISO from today has more content than all three Days of your lighthearted little banter. Subtract Fate's contributions and NS probably has more game relevant content than your slot.

This post is a perfect example of why you're not town.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

Also, not only did you completely sidestep the question, but you also tried to turn it into an attack.

Go die.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I don't know about scum partners but it certainly indicates something regarding your desperation.

Maybe if you were actually trying to lynch scum rather than trying to buy town cred by being the big SK hunter, there would be something to your argument.

Something else I've thought of: why would he use this clock-draining ability to gain faith instead of making a kill which would be more in line with his win condition? Why not one kill a night guaranteed instead of gambiting with this clock-draining ability to try and get...two the next day? What's wrong with one?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Plum »

Seraphim wrote:Something else I've thought of: why would he use this clock-draining ability to gain faith instead of making a kill which would be more in line with his win condition? Why not one kill a night guaranteed instead of gambiting with this clock-draining ability to try and get...two the next day? What's wrong with one?

It's probable he has an inherent Factional kill which he can use simultaneously with either a Cast or a regular Active Ability, in which case he could kill while powering himself up for whatever Cast would be most beneficial the next Night.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Seraphim »

But that's just conjecture, just like ooba's ridiculous "You need seven faith to win!" theory.

His play runs contrary to what he should have done as an SK and it's fairly ridiculous to say otherwise without more information.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

plum needs votes, fyi.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

ooba coming up with ridiculous theories is a mad strong town tell in my experience. (he's town anyway but if he's doing that lol, he's such a conspiracy theorist)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Magua »

Faraday wrote:dudes plum's still scum. we're just gonna let her away with it? really?

Opinion on VP Baltar please. And confirm for me you find Plum to be scummier than MoI and RayFrost.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Plum »

Seraphim wrote:But that's just conjecture, just like ooba's ridiculous "You need seven faith to win!" theory.

His play runs contrary to what he should have done as an SK and it's fairly ridiculous to say otherwise without more information.

He's lied about his actions and his powers don't line up for a Vig. You think you're shaving with Occam's Razor but you're holding it wrong and have nicked yourself.

Faraday. Are you willing to play this game with me or not. Is all.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Plum wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:I don't give a damn about scumhunting...after I called 3 scum and killed 2. I can't be trusted clearly.

Let me rephrase that. You give a damn about scumhunting in general in this because you're the SK. You don't give a damn about my alignment despite your fervent exclamations that I'm scum and that I should be lynched or killed. Dress it up in as many sneers as you like, but you haven't pretended to care to engage with discussions about my alignment today because you've already decided I'm a decent target.

Look, Plum, I like you and I think you're a great player, but frankly the amount of desperation in your posts is simply too ridiculous for me to believe coming from town. I've played with you recently in close quarters and you're damn thoughtful. You're not here. Like, at all. Your entire reason for attacking me in the first place was "QT slip therefore he's Tigers." And you clung to that like a life preserver until my claim basically destroyed that. At that juncture, a town-Plum would likely check her biases at the door and make some reconsiderations. But what happened? Now I'm lol-SK that can kill multiple players a night, drain the battery, gain permanent faith by being worshipped and I'm probably NK-immune too I'm sure. Plus I'm going to claim my kills were redirected for what reason I can't even tell AND I willingly outted myself when we're nowhere near lylo. None of this makes any kind of logical sense. So yeah, I don't really feel like engaging you on your terms when your general approach has been that no matter what I say it's some newly contrived way I'm scum.

Same goes for you MoI. The reason why I'm bashing your play so hard is because I find it completely ridiculous that you ignore all logic if you're town. It's completely ludicrous and you're standing there with a straight face going 'Gee VP, why don't you want to debate the merits if this monstrosity of lunacy I'm unable to let go of?'

Hell, I even gave you guys the benefit of the doubt and said go ahead and think of me as an SK if you'd like. I can't win even if that were true! So what does it matter? You want to be right because you think I'm an asshole or because you're scared I'm going to shoot you? Honestly, I don't even know why I'm bothering to type all this out because I can already guess what either of your responses would be.

PEW PEW

Also, to everyone else, be thinking of your top vig picks for tomorrow. Since it's going to be a shortened day, I want everyone to be ready to make suggestions on who they want me to kill and why. You could be the lucky winner! (Don't say them today, because then scum can WIFOM on the NKs) And, in case it wasn't painfully obvious, other town vigs should probably hold off shooting...at least until we crunch some numbers and see where two kills by me tomorrow night would put us at.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I see no reason for us not to run this day down to around ~10%.

We're essentially starting D4 here, minus the flips.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Plum »

VPB, I respect you, too, but I'll cut to the chase: If you honestly think it's weak to pick up on and attack a direct slip of the exact sort your buddy made in a game that ended only very recently, evaluate the statements of the dead scum and find that their behavior towards him is perfectly plausible behavior towards a buddy. If you honestly. Then fine, I suppose I'm not living up to what you think I should. I was willing and happy to continue to evaluate your behavior in terms of the apparent slip and make reconsiderations, but you were far and away my best initial lead for today because of that.

Your claimed powers mirror the sort of powers Vi would give an SK in this situation and do
not
mirror the sort of powers Vi would give a Vig (the more so in a game with what appears to be multiple Vigs). Your claimed actions did not line up with the way you claimed them in terms of what you claimed to have done Night 0 and your motivations for having done so and your reaction Night 1. Given that I do no believe a Vig with your powers is at all likely and given that I think your behavior and claims regarding what you did Night 1 and Night 2 indicate that you are lying to us, I think SK is what you are very likely to be. This does not mean that I trust exactly your Faith-expense claims or your exact powers - but given that I trust you killed Hito and I don't trust you to be Town Vig, I don't trust you. That means I know you're working against the Town with your kills given the number of dead scum at this time and while it does not mean I know why you claimed when you did. The fact that in general claiming such a thing at this point in a game would not be optimal does not give me pause: You may have made a suboptimal play, or your role may vary in a way you have not revealed which would make this claim more viable, or you may have been willing to risk it due to other factors, and you may well have to try to milk the Town's trust as long as you can by whatever means you think you can get away with (I happened to name something you might claim in such an attempt and warned the Town not to give you leeway based on your claim if you tried to make such excuses). Any one of these is plausible and they are plausible in combination - much more plausible than you being Town, and, that being such, I'm not ready to trust you when you say you cannot win. Again, I was not convinced of your scumminess absent the way your claimed powers made much less sense for a Vig than for an SK and absent you lying about your actions/motivations for actions/reactions to actions. It's not about you and it's not about contrived reasoning.

I'm ready for Seraph's idea-that-everyone-will-be-happy-with-and-will-net-scum, then. Maybe it will make us all a bit sunnier towards each other.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I haven't lied at all. I don't get why you keep using this rhetoric like I was caught out on a lie. Every action and ability I've claimed is 100% true. You are welcome to not believe anything I've said, but that doesn't make it a lie.

Also, the argument that 'anything is possible,' while being true, is the exact kind of thing scum say. I think given the facts and my general openness about everything regarding my role, you don't have that much reason to suspect I'm not telling the truth about the abilities I've listed. Two of my actions are already confirmed. There isn't really that much wiggle room to say I'm playing some huge gambit.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Faraday »

Magua wrote:
Faraday wrote:dudes plum's still scum. we're just gonna let her away with it? really?

Opinion on VP Baltar please. And confirm for me you find Plum to be scummier than MoI and RayFrost.

town vig. posibillily of sk but hito shot makes much more sense from vig, but that's pro anyway who cares let's get him to kill scum we can lynch him later if game's not over. oh yeah, plum's ahead of ray. moi as scum is not something I see. how would you rank the 3 of them?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”