RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

That and I really do feel MoI should die first and foremost.
don't you feel silly now?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Thinking about it, there are a few players on the list of the dead that could conceivably have the Solism domain. Fate, Furcolow, and Adel come to mind as possible possibilities.

I think that Occam's Razor states that lynching MoI is the optimal play here. Two contradictions to his claim emerge from both VP and RayFrost, though some questions should be answered first.

1. Has anyone worshiped Austerity?
2. Is everyone agreed to the plan?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'm not quite sure what plan you're talking about. The worship plan or the lynching plan?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Seraphim »

The worship plan.

There's a lynching plan?
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

Why do people keep pushing Fate as Solism exactly? It's quite obvious he'd be Fervor and Will based on personality.

As for MOI, I see after I've read the thread.
Fate+The Angelic Presence known as
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Faraday »

dudes plum's still scum. we're just gonna let her away with it? really?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Faraday wrote:dudes plum's still scum. we're just gonna let her away with it? really?
No, we lynch Plum tomorrow.

Fara, how is MoI NOT scum given his claim?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Seraphim wrote:1. Has anyone worshiped Austerity?

We did N0.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Sorry, I meant on N1.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Faraday »

Seraphim wrote:
Faraday wrote:
Fara, how is MoI NOT scum given his claim?

idk why does he have to be scum? a roleblocker pretty much explains everything doesn't it. i mean you see him completely making up something that he knows is gonna get him in trouble as scum? what? that doesn't make any sense.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Seraphim »

MoI wants VP lynched. This much is clear. So he claims an ability which makes it look like VP is an SK, without dispute.

Then, lo and behold, Ray counters that roleblocking claim!

So either the roleblocker was roleblocked, which is highly unlikely, or MoI was flat-out lying and was caught. Either way, this does not bode well for him. Why shouldn't we lynch him?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Faraday »

well I think he's town? lol that's about it, I guess.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Faraday »

my v/la was cancelled so no worries now.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Since it is blatantly obvious that I am getting lynched I’ll just leave you with a list in passing. Lynch / Vig the following players and you should have a good shot at winning.

VPB
DA
Rayfrost
AGM

If that doesn’t do it then hit the following -

Plum
Seraphim
Parama

If any scum is lurking in my Town-reads it is likely either Sottyrulez or NS.

--

DA wrote:The role that you had been handed is completely anti-town. Each player has multiple casts, so scum powers would have to be great to counter this. Your choice to globally block all powerful casts (3 Faith+) is scummy as hell.

Wrong on both counts. Scum are more likely to be able to effectively take advantage of high Faith casts than Town. And you of course aren’t bother to look at all at scum motivation for claiming as I did.

DA wrote:
VP is not the play today, nor tomorrow.
Plum is the only other wagon I would accept besides MoI, but even MoI doesn't want to bus her yet so I guess we'll just have to remove him, go with the faith plan, and see what happens.

The bolded is yet another example of Fate buddying up to scum. If you were able to spend more time worrying about finding scum as opposed to eliminating players you dislike you wouldn’t find yourself on the losing end of games so often.

Of course this advice only applies if you are Town. As scum buddying up to the Serial Killer is a great tactical move.

--

VPB wrote:Plum, what exactly would be my motivation for killing townies over tigers at this point?

As a Serial Killer? Oh, I don’t know … playing to your Wincon. You keep saying you have no chance to win. That’s true because you got busted. But you pretending you would want to kill Tigers as a Serial Killer at this stage is absurdly stupid. Your only shot it to kill as much Town as possible until the dual Mafia / SK threat screws Town over. It’s obv obv obv.

Your excuse that you can be lynched if you don’t shoot a Tiger doesn’t change this. Tomorrow come daybreak when you’ve failed you’ll have some great excuse as for sure why your Target was scum and just give you one more day.

Why most of Town is dumb enough to delay killing more or less a confirmed SK I’ll never know.

VPB wrote:Wall posts are unnecessary.

Reading isn’t a hardship. Unless you are younger than 6.

VPB wrote:As much as you guys want to say VP parked his vote and did nothing, I was actively calling for quadz' death from the start.

No, you absolutely did. 987 details exactly how. Yet you have been afraid of actually trying to show why any of that post is wrong since I posted it.

--

Seraphim wrote:We aren't lynching VP today. This argument is fucking retarded.

Nope its not. The argument of specifically wanting to keep a Serial Killer around is fucking retarded beyond all sanity.

Seraphim wrote:Fara, how is MoI NOT scum given his claim?

You can’t name one thing concretely scummy about my claim. At all. Anything you try to say is concretely scummy can just as easily be explained as Town without confirmation bias.

Is my Donation ability scummy – hell no it would be increadibly easy for scum to abuse.
Is my Delay Cast scummy – Nope
Is my Moderation Cast scummy – Given it is global, limited and not directed … hardly.
Is my Persistance of Memory Cast scummy – Nope

Yup, not a bit.

Seraphim wrote:So either the roleblocker was roleblocked, which is highly unlikely, or MoI was flat-out lying and was caught. Either way, this does not bode well for him. Why shouldn't we lynch him?

Yep, I can’t wait to see how stupid this looks when I flip.

--

Rayfrost wrote:What makes you believe nobody special's D1 play was particularly townish? It was a net null to me.

NS showing any significant signs of reads and activity at all is a huge Town tell for him. Just because it is Null for most players doesn’t make it Null for NS. His Day 2 and lack of Day 3 play have eroded him to the bottom of the list but he's still Town currently.

Rayfrost wrote:You might o it later in the thread, but I didn't see any up 'till then, and I find that suspect as it's proper for town to defend people they think are town.

Sorry, nope. You aren’t ever going to find me actively defending a Town read this early in the game. I pursue my scum-reads. Don’t think that’s Town? Oh well … I’m more worried about finding scum than arguing your particular brand of playstyle.

Rayfrost wrote:The issue isn't the fact you failed to vote quadz so much as the method in which you avoided it. Again, from my read through of the first ten pages of the game.

If I was scum partners with Quadz I would have bussed him into oblivion at the first sign of trouble Day 1. Self-meta is useless but the fact that you are trying to say my not voting him is scummy is absurd. Anyone who has played / modded with me as scum can absolutely vouch for this.

Also – actually reading the game as opposed to just sheeping the crowd is tech. You should try it once in awhile. Assuming of course you aren’t scum. Then hell … keep not reading.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Did MoI just argue that I wasn't reading the game when my read on him was based upon reading the game?

lol
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Full claiming of your own volition with no pressure is "getting busted."

lol
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

MOI all you've done since claiming is go "WELL X, I WONDER HOW STUPID THIS'LL LOOK AFTER I FLIP".

I really can't discern any town train of thought from how you've been constantly pushing that line of thought. Would you like to explain? It's almost like your "I'LL MAKE AN AVATAR BET THAT I'M NOT SCUM" in Blackest Night, where YOU WERE SCUM.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:08 pm

RayFrost wrote:Did MoI just argue that I wasn't reading the game when my read on him was based upon reading the game?

lol

Rayfrost wrote:This is my saying
my feel of your posts in the first ten pages of the game
was not-good-feelings. Although you had the same read for quadz as I did, what
I saw in the first ten pages of posts
was not any real defense of him

Lol ... somehow I missed where 10 pages was the full game.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by RayFrost »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Rayfrost wrote:What makes you believe nobody special's D1 play was particularly townish? It was a net null to me.

NS showing any significant signs of reads and activity at all is a huge Town tell for him. Just because it is Null for most players doesn’t make it Null for NS. His Day 2 and lack of Day 3 play have eroded him to the bottom of the list but he's still Town currently.

I must have very different experiences with NS than most people here, as I actually have a
positive
opinion of his town play and find he's mega-super-lurky-with-no-content as scum. What's he doing here?

MoarIndignation wrote:
Rayfrost wrote:You might o it later in the thread, but I didn't see any up 'till then, and I find that suspect as it's proper for town to defend people they think are town.

Sorry, nope. You aren’t ever going to find me actively defending a Town read this early in the game. I pursue my scum-reads. Don’t think that’s Town? Oh well … I’m more worried about finding scum than arguing your particular brand of playstyle.

Okay, I'll concede that we may just have very differing theory positions on this and drop it as a point.

MagnaCumLaudi wrote:
Rayfrost wrote:The issue isn't the fact you failed to vote quadz so much as the method in which you avoided it. Again, from my read through of the first ten pages of the game.

If I was scum partners with Quadz I would have bussed him into oblivion at the first sign of trouble Day 1. Self-meta is useless but the fact that you are trying to say my not voting him is scummy is absurd. Anyone who has played / modded with me as scum can absolutely vouch for this.

Also – actually reading the game as opposed to just sheeping the crowd is tech. You should try it once in awhile. Assuming of course you aren’t scum. Then hell … keep not reading.

Hold on a sec while I actually use meta for this........
Someone inform me if this is his meta
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Demonic Angel wrote:MOI all you've done since claiming is go "WELL X, I WONDER HOW STUPID THIS'LL LOOK AFTER I FLIP".

I really can't discern any town train of thought from how you've been constantly pushing that line of thought. Would you like to explain? It's almost like your "I'LL MAKE AN AVATAR BET THAT I'M NOT SCUM" in Blackest Night, where YOU WERE SCUM.

Yes, that's all I've done. I certainly haven't given reads or stated my positions on matters. :roll:

Yup indeed. Kats you really aren't trying to discern anything.

You swoop in, make a quick post about a post from another game that has no particular relevence or close similarity to this game and pointlessly capitalize things as if that makes your point more correct.

Good work. You can go back to lurking as scum as opposed to addressing actual scum-motivations or play.

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Faraday »

Yeah, Magna busses like a champ most of the time. Though I don't recall him doing it in American Gods, so it's not like he has to bus.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

I disagree with your statement to attempt to label it as having no particular relevence.

See Fate? This is why MOI is still scum after that claim.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

Faraday wrote:Yeah, Magna busses like a champ most of the time. Though I don't recall him doing it in American Gods, so it's not like he has to bus.

He bussed like a champ in Return to Liten.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Seraphim »

VP could have easily just claimed a killing ability once he had said he killed hito. Instead he fullclaimed. If was an SK, wouldn't he want to keep a low profile? I mean, it's obvious there are plenty of vigs. Why out himself like he did when it was clear that Magua and the rest of the town was fine with him not claiming?

Also, the bussing thing seems pretty silly when you consider that it seems like hito was willing to burn through town-cred to defend his claim.

VP: can you tell us how much faith you had on nights one and two, minus the faith boost you got last night?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Demonic Angel wrote:

He bussed like a champ in Return to Liten.

Actually I overdid it there. I probably shouldn't have actively led the lynch on my last partner in hindsight. Meh .. it got me cred and made Llama make a really tough choice in LYLO. Which to his credit he made correctly.

Speaking of Liten and its players - where exactly is AGM? I know from other games he's done with his Semester or something. Move him up my lynch list to right under VPB if he doesn't make any solid posts today. He loves to lurk as scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”