PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:03 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Hoopla wrote:There have been a couple of things SpyreX has done that has irked me.

Thank christ I'm not the only one. I thought it was just me.

Kise wrote:I think it's silly to believe a claim can clear you in a game where all alignments can posses all abilities. SSBF would be my next choice after Amrun. Wagon go? PLEASE. I'm like a cancer patient, remember.

Have you played in a PYP before Kise? I don't remember seeing you in any, but certain roles appearing at certain points make people confirmed.

For instance, in PYP 4, I was confirmed town because I was cop so far down the list. Scum have no reason to go for the role that low down as it wouldn't be preventing town getting it, and it would be expected for town to have it by then, so would have been a waste of their roles. While for town it's good to go for important roles low down on the basis of not just confirming if they're in the game for later importance, but also to actually keep them in the game is everyone above you has gone "The people above me will already have picked it" only for the top person to go "I best not pick it in case I'm killed".

So, while I agree that the claim alone isn't enough to clear someone, looking then at their position in the draft order and those around them, can help confirm someone. In this case Amrun is pretty much known town at this stage because of it.

Also, why didn't you attack others who have used the claim to say Amrun is town since it? Hoopla's done so, and after Hoopla's post I realized it, so why aren't you attacking us for the same thing?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:24 am

Post by GreyICE »

Scum would go for Gunsmith that far down, but only if they were also much higher as well.

This would strongly implicate a Kise/Quadz/Amrun scumteam, since I can't see Prana as scum (TBH by the end you weren't scummy in SEMG, but lynching town was fine for my win condition so etc.)
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

SSBF: why did you pick 3 as your second number? Actually, why 1,3 overall?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Kise »

I have no reason to attack you, especially if you're already sitting on my townlist throne and I've got scumbags beneath our feet wandering the streets. If that's your individual opinion on reasonable ways to PYP, so be it. I made it a point to call it silly. Know that. I do appreciate a more detailed insight on how you feel, though. Thanks for staying town.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

Kise wrote:I have no reason to attack you, especially if you're already sitting on my townlist throne and I've got scumbags beneath our feet wandering the streets. If that's your individual opinion on reasonable ways to PYP, so be it. I made it a point to call it silly. Know that. I do appreciate a more detailed insight on how you feel, though. Thanks for staying town.

I don't see amrun's play as town, but I just can't see scum blowing their pick #1 on the second most worthless role for them (#1 being the goon cop).

Your posting, outside of the first two, didn't occur until the amrun lynch fell apart. I'm curious that nothing worth commenting on happened in that time.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:06 am

Post by Slaxx »

unvote, vote: SSBF

He gets rope then. No compromises here folks.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I actually agree with most of the logic of Hoopla’s 295 but I’m not sure the conclusion holds because….

Hoopla wrote:And if Amrun has a scumbuddy above her, why didn't they take Gunsmith with a higher pick if they wanted to block town?

Because there were better, more useful roles for them to take higher and at pick #6 where things are more unpredictable it makes sense to take a flyer on snatching up a pro-town role for their own use and to block the town from getting it.

~~

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:She's probably the scum's only POwer Role.

I’d love to hear why this is a reasonable assumption at all.

~~

I don’t know what to make of GreyICE, given I’ve only seen him as town in games I’ve read and played with him and in those games he either was rather yelly or just followed me around like a lovestruck puppy dog. I also find it curious that he claims to be extremely worried about me and yet he’s failed to completely interact with me in anyways; surely he’d try to force me to interact on his terms and not sit back and let me “blitz” him again.

~~

Kise wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I disagree distinctly with the logic being presented about the gunsmith dropping that far; I had it slotted behind both vigs and the tracker and on par with the RB and JK.

I could be wrong in sensing that you believe Amrun's selection coming from a townie... but if I'm right, where is that unvote?

No, the only thing I believe for sure is that it’s legitimate for the gunsmith to fall that far and in that spot it’s worth a flyer from town or from scum with a partner with higher on the list; I think scum would’ve looked for the RB/JK at #6 if that was their highest pick though.

However, I’m no longer confident enough in the Amrun lynch to leave my vote on her.

UNVOTE:
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Kise »

@PranaDevil: 328.

c_C

Yet…
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:00 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

Amrun ( 2 ) Lady LambdaDelta, Faraday,
Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
Faraday ( 0 )
GreyICE ( 3 ) Hoopla, SpyreX, Amrun,
Hoopla ( 0 )
Kise ( 1 ) GreyICE,
Lady LambdaDelta ( 2 ) quadz08, Super Smash Bros. Fan,
Papa Zito ( 0 )
PranaDevil ( 1 ) Papa Zito,
quadz08 ( 0 )
Slaxx ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Super Smash Bros. Fan ( 2 ) Kise, Slaxx,
No Lynch ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) PranaDevil, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Total Votes ( 13 )

Deadline: May 29th at 11:00 EDT
0 Days Banked
With 13 able to vote, 7 needed to lynch.
Last edited by zoraster on Tue May 17, 2011 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

DDD, Prana, hoopla, spyrex: you seem to have a consensus the JK would be the best scum role and their #1 pick. Is it really better than the vig?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

@DDD: Amrun is scum. I'm positive of it. Her posts do not come from town.

So I'm not using that line as reasoning why she is scum.

I'm saying Amrun is scum, therefor this is likely.

Understand? The logic is entirely based upon Amrun-scum.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:56 am

However, I was mistaken in assuming that scum would only chose gunsmith if they had no power roles above them.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:59 am

Post by PranaDevil »

GreyICE wrote:DDD, Prana, hoopla, spyrex: you seem to have a consensus the JK would be the best scum role and their #1 pick. Is it really better than the vig?

I never said that.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:@DDD: Amrun is scum. I'm positive of it. Her posts do not come from town.

So I'm not using that line as reasoning why she is scum.

I'm saying Amrun is scum, therefor this is likely.

Understand? The logic is entirely based upon Amrun-scum.

Then drop your logic. Amrun isn't scum. You're thinking solely on the basis of posting, that HAS to be joint with what roles were taken, and numbers picked, along with draft order. You can't ignore any part of that, to do so is to fail miserably.

Kise... what do you actually expect me to say to that? You are calling someone out for saying Amrun is town for the same reason myself and Hoopla have said... so why would you only target that person, and not us? It makes no sense, at the very least you would query it with us even if you felt we were town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Amrun »

LLD, the logic doesn't make sense.

And Kise: in one of your posts, you said I had not mentioned SSBF's post before what you quotted. That is patently untrue. I talk about it more in thhat same post, and also in an entirely different post right after SSBF's post occurred.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 am

PranaDevil wrote:
GreyICE wrote:DDD, Prana, hoopla, spyrex: you seem to have a consensus the JK would be the best scum role and their #1 pick. Is it really better than the vig?

I never said that.

Nor I.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:09 am

The logic for you chosing Gunsmith as town?

Perfect Sense.

The Logic for you being the only scum Power Role?

Not so much. I'll admit I wasn't thinking straight when I came to that conclusion.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Kise »

@Prana, I'm not calling anyone out. When I said it's silly to cut Amrun slack, I WAS TALKING TO YOU AND HOOP, not SSBF.

@Amrun, I counted one instance where you went over it.

Yet…
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:20 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:The logic for you chosing Gunsmith as town?

Erm...

Kise wrote:@Prana, I'm not calling anyone out. When I said it's silly to cut Amrun slack, I WAS TALKING TO YOU AND HOOP, not SSBF.

That makes much more sense. Though you're still wrong. Hoopla's point makes perfect sense as to why Amrun is town.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:

I never said that.

Nor I.

Okay, what roles do you two expect to be high picks for scum specifically?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:48 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Rolecop and Gunsmith would have been my picks if I were scum. Rolecop as they can find out roles easily, and Gunsmith because they can, again, find roles easily. Jailkeeper is useful, but I doubt it would be their number 1 pick.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Kise »

MOD: Although you have me listed correctly for voting SSBF, I'm also accidentally in the unvoting section. Prana is the one unvoted, but he'll be voting Smash soon.

Right?

Yet…
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:52 am

Absolutely disagree with Prana, I'm taking the vigs and the blocking abilities in that order as scum and would consider the tracker somewhere in there just to prevent the town from getting it.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:56 am

Post by zoraster »

Kise wrote:
MOD: Although you have me listed correctly for voting SSBF, I'm also accidentally in the unvoting section. Prana is the one unvoted, but he'll be voting Smash soon.

Right?

Clearly my auto sort thing is having trouble, so I'll be doing it manually. That just means it won't be sorted by number of people voting until I figure out how to fix my spreadsheet. Anyway, fixed now.

------------
This is a reminder of the following rule.

Copying from a QT (or pretending to do so) is against the rules.

The Rules wrote:2. You may copy INTO a QT from a game thread, but you may not copy and paste OUT OF a game thread from the QT. In other words, you cannot coach someone in what they should say in a game exactly. You may provide pointers, reads, etc. but may not write their posts for them.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 6:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

PranaDevil wrote:Rolecop and Gunsmith would have been my picks if I were scum. Rolecop as they can find out roles easily, and Gunsmith because they can, again, find roles easily. Jailkeeper is useful, but I doubt it would be their number 1 pick.

Interesting. Prana, the vigs can probably 'find' power roles in a much more useful way for scum. Does the danger they represent to scum and the power levels of the vig in scum hands versus the very benign possibility of a town rolecop really make it the top pick?

Also if Gunsmith only finds 3 roles, and with bad accuracy (finding the N2 vig on N2+, N3 vig on N3+ is pretty useless) is it such a high pick in your opinion because of the power in town hands? Is it really a good reason for being suspicious of Amrun?

DDD's list basically parallels mine.

DDD, if you were picking roles for a scum team and the highest you had was 4th pick, what would you pick with 4th pick?

Why is the tracker so powerful? My experience in mini normals has been it's relatively benign.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2011 6:24 am

Post by PranaDevil »

The vigs are each one use only, and only on those specific nights. Making the players essentially no more than basic goons on any other night. They aren't all that powerful for scum. While in town's hands again, they're only one use, and there's much more chance of a misfire anyway.

Gunsmith doubles up for scum in that not only does it prevent the scum finding them, but it also means they can find (potentially) the town vigs, rolecop, goon cop, and thus off them if they need to.

Also, GI, keep up, I pulled my suspicion of Amrun ages ago. You asked what I expected to be high picks for scum. Just because I think that's what the scum would go for doesn't mean it IS what they went for. Obviously they didn't go for the Gunsmith otherwise Amrun wouldn't have it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”