Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Well I mean if he is scum gunsmith at least we caught scum? But yeah 6 is pretty low, I feel like its towns best PR.

What do top scum normally go for??
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Gunsmith has a LOT of false positives - but, the negatives are 100% town which means it should have damn well been picked earlier than that.

Go check my very first post for all that sweet information.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I disagree distinctly with the logic being presented about the gunsmith dropping that far; I had it slotted behind both vigs and the tracker and on par with the RB and JK.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Wait....you're suggesting town and scum both want the same PRs?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Amrun »

If Faraday gets on before I complete my post, I have the following questions for him:

-In your own words, why do you think I am scum?

-Who else do you think is scum, and why?

I also want to know why Kise thinks I'm scum, and if DDD has any thoughts of his own on me that aren't parrots of LLD and any other thoughts on the game at all.

Working on the real post.

I was honestly surprised I got gunsmith. I considered going for n3 vig because it was safer I thought but decided to go for broke because I think gunsmith is a really cool role and I've never had it before.

p-edit: My team and I thought there were several other better roles, such as role cop, that would go first.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Which you?

There's some differences but really any PR the town really want the scum would consider spite picking and etc.

Gunsmith at 6 though... that's tough (and I don't agree with DDD about order but)

P-Edit:

.... your team thought role cop would go over gunsmith?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Slaxx wrote:Wait....you're suggesting town and scum both want the same PRs?

No, but that tracker is a better town role and the vigs are better scum roles and thus the other side have a distinct benefit to snatching them up to prevent the other side from securing them as well as any utility they have for that alignment.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I also do not agree with that order.I mean I guess scum stealing the vigs from town make them a dangerous force...two extra night kills are fucking intense, takes a whole mislynch away from town. Idk. this is why I didn't want to be fucked with the setup shit, but ohai, its relevant now. Lmfao.

My original question, to clarify, was directed at DDD.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

The you was directed at Faraday, but I would like you (Spyre) to answer as well.

And yes, my team thought role cop would go over gunsmith. We did realize going for gunsmith at six was ballsy but we went for it anyway and it paid off.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Kise ( 2 , 2 )
PranaDevil ( 3 , 1 )
GreyICE ( 7 , 1 )
quadz08 ( 8 , 13 )
Hoopla ( 9 , 1 )

Lol@bad format, but I just can't see how no one on this list chose gunsmith.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Faraday »

Hold on. I'll get to this when I finish Skype Mafia. GreyICE is a very probable buddy.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You want me to answer the questions you asked Faraday orrr is there some other mis-you-se (ZING) this page because we've all done screwed it up once now.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yes, answer the questions I asked Faraday.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Are you serious?

Really?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Faraday »

I've already said why I think you're scum, your early play w/r/t Greyice is bad. Your OMGUS thought process rings hollow.

And there's almost 100% a scumbuddy above you in the draft. I think it's GreyICE from play.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by Faraday »

I don't see Amrun's team 'being ballsy' by themselves.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I have read the game, but I'm going back to analyze it. Currently on Pg. 7, hoping to finish up tomorrow or Wednesday.

We should give Amrun a night to test his claim with the tracker following behind him to validate his claim. If Amrun Day 2 does not return a result/claim roleblocked and is targeted towards a night kill, he should be lynched. If Amrun does return a result, he is probably town.
---
Spoiler: Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta #98 wrote:First off, could you sit on the fence any harder SSBF?

LLD is scum because she attacks Amrun! But she makes good points~!

Amrun is scum for the points LLD made~

Seriously, bro?
Neither of these are fencesitting.

1. I voted you because the scumminess of your push on Amrun and other things I brought up outweighs the slight town moments enough to where I feel a vote is justifiable.

2. I said that some of Amrun's posts were scummy. I did not, however, called him scum, neither did I parrot the three points I made in the thread.
Lady Lambdadelta's #98 wrote:1) Are you saying it is antitown to try and create discussion and content? Also, since you agree with me that Amrun is scummy, how is my attacking him and pushing him here scummy?
You're spouting contradictions. This is what the question was designed to do. It was designed to get Amrun posting content and reads, so I could get a read on him. And he reacted scumily.
1. Obviously not. However, remember that mostly anything that isn't fluff is content, whenever that is replying to a question, asking questions, etc. As such, I have the right to call questions scummy and I did in your case. Producing content =/= it will be from town.

2. Like I said, I do not see those attacks from a pro-town view. It's not really realistic to expect players to have solid reads in the first page of the game when we're in a stage where not much information regarding players is around. The rest of my reason I've already explained, I'll repeat and expand upon it if necessary.

3. Not a contradiction. As said before, not once did I say that Amrun was likely scum, only that some of her actions was scummy.
Lady Lambdadelta #98 wrote:3) Uh, SSBF? Do you know how to read? Maybe you should read the repeated posts where I not only denounce GI's Logic, but also call him scum.

FURTHERMORE, the GI post wasn't a read based on a single post like Faraday's was. It was a setup speculation read.

So the situations are entirely different ANYWAY, and your connection and "contradiction" isn't actually there.
Regardless of whenever or not you think circumstances are different, I don't see how that makes GreyICE's post better then Faraday's. GreyICE's is worse because she dismissed anyone with a #6 in the draft with a 50% chance of scum with flawed logics and without taking into account other factors. The fact that you ignored that bothered me and still does to this date.
Lady Lambdadelta #98 wrote:Case Debunk'd. Next?
I'll give you #2, but it does not remove you from the scum list. Your fence sitting accusation is non-existence, I still don't see your attack coming from town, and I still find it hypocritical that you called out Faraday for certainty while doing the same toward GreyICE.
Lady Lambdadelta #109 wrote:1)Posted Setup Speculation in an attempt to look more town.
The same can be said for SpyreX, who went even more into set-up speculation then Amrun. If Amrun is scummy for it, then so is SpyreX.

Amrun wrote:I liked sss's points on LLD, but the way he backed off of me was strange. It's sort of like he wants to go with the crowd ... but then that doesn't add up with the rest of his post. So idk.
There was only one vote on LLD before I came to vote. That's hardly following the crowd. If I wanted to follow the crowd, I'd had voted you instead.
quadz08 wrote:SSBF's post is bad.
His point on GI has been made a jillion times,
and his points on LLD are all poor. He gives decent reasoning for Amrun-scum, then backs off with "but I'm not certain about it." I agree with his conclusions, but his logic to get there was terribad.
- Bolded. Agreeing with a person on a bad post does not make it parroting as long as you provide your own reason for it and not just snip off other people's reason. When I brought up my reason for my slight scum read on GreyICE, I was the very first person to call out GreyICE for uncomfortable amount of certainty in his post in voting Lady Lambdadelta. That is original thought.

And you're hypocritical for saying that I'm parroting others, especially with a reason like this:
quadz08 wrote:GreyICE's first post is useless, WIFOM-filled, and has no real merit.
Now this is unoriginal thoughts on a player. You basically summarized other people's thoughts on this and played it off as your own. There is nothing new you brought to the table with that post.

- I did that because his play (As of this post), when looking at it independently, can come from scum, but when I look at other's interaction with Amrun, I find an as likely, if not more so, circumstance that LLD-scum used the opportunity to trap Amrun-town into a pit where LLD-scum can throw suspicion on him and gain town cred for herself as Amrun is lynched. I highly doubt that both are of the same alignment, so I'm going with my theory that if Lady Lambdadelta is scum, Amrun is probable town and vice versa. I'm choosing the one I think is scummier, and that's the one I have a vote on.
GreyICE wrote:I like the idea of us as a town voting on the vig shots. That way if the shot goes astray, we know that the vig is scum. While vigging a scumbag isn't proof of town (ASOS) not vigging who we vote is proof of scum. Agree/disagree?
I have two problems with this. First off, there are no definitive ways to determine if a person is scum, not even choosing to vig Player A instead of Player B like ordered. Secondly, asking the vig to claim is a very bad idea, so how are we going to determine who the unclaimed vig is who choose to kill someone else?

On paper, the theory looks good, but it won't easily work out for those two major reasons.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Faraday »

SSBF comment on the issues at hand. Thanks. You can catch up later. I want your thoughts on Amrun's claim.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

Spyre, I didn't address it to you originally for a reason. How about just who else you think is scum? That's better for you.

What about "my OMGUS thought process," Faraday?

And what do you mean by post #265?

p-edit: Read his post, Faraday.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Conciseness: Its a virtue.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I don't see Amrun's team 'being ballsy' by themselves.

Que?

----

-In your own words, why do you think I am scum?

You've been absolutely loosey goosey from "Here's a vote with a reason / I dont have stances!" down the train to "R in RVS doesn't actually mean random" taking a stop at "LOOK AT YOUR META (I'm 100% wrong)". If I need to make an essay on reasons sure but lets not dance because I'm tired.

-Who else do you think is scum, and why?

GEE I JUST DONT KNOW

Preview Edit:

REALLY? That's the question you actually wanted from me? I could have kinda seen the other side maybe but not having an idea of who I think is scum??
Show

Proud member of BaM
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Amrun »

I do. I just wanted you to make a nice concise list for me.

I didn't ISO you before I asked you questions and this is what I get. >.> I ISOed the others to make sure I remembered what they said and attributed it properly.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

GI, Quadz, Parana - there is at least one scum in there. Book it.

I want more out of Zito n Hoop. They're makin me a little paranoid but not slam dunks.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And this is obvious but needless to say:

No one hammers until the 5 above check in. If one of them hammers and Amrun flips town they just claimed scum and we can skip D2.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

We should give Amrun a night to test his claim with the tracker following behind him to validate his claim. If Amrun Day 2 does not return a result/claim roleblocked and is targeted towards a night kill, he should be lynched. If Amrun does return a result, he is probably town.

The hell is this?

No, seriously.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”