Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Thor665 »

And you used it on Socio instead of someone we already had a wagon on? Shame on you for suck play.

Also, a little birdy tells me that you hate VT play - thoughts?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

@Klazam - If self-voting is scummy, why did you never mention marble self-voting in the RVS and continuing to keep his vote there for a while?

@DGB - I dont think I have done any specific self-meta in this game, although most people in this game/tournament/whatever know my prefrences inside and out.

Part of marbles last post bugs me a little, especially the area where he seems to attack Sotty for saying both himself and Klazam are scum reads when he also has a scum read on Klazam. Something there just makes me feel like he is trying to shut down the suspicion without responding to points.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Thor665 wrote:Also, a little birdy tells me that you hate VT play - thoughts?

Your source is a bird, and the information you got passed through a bird's brain.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:55 pm

LlamaFluff wrote:@DGB - I dont think I have done any specific self-meta in this game, although most people in this game/tournament/whatever know my prefrences inside and out.

It's rubbish, in any event, because you could bank on your preference being known to gain an advantage by choosing against said preference. So announcing one's meta has a manipulative component in it, like a Trojan Horse.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Thor665 wrote:Also, a little birdy tells me that you hate VT play - thoughts?

Your source is a bird, and the information you got passed through a bird's brain.

So you're saying it's true or false? I'd like it to pass through a second bird's brain for clarification ;)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Thor665 wrote:So you're saying it's true or false? I'd like it to pass through a second bird's brain for clarification ;)

It's fun to have a PR, but I don't object to vanilla - that's what I get most of the time. I don't "hate" vanilla. Otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Also, you just self-meta'ed as much as me and for the same reason (being asked to), so now you need to add yourself to your scum list ;) I'll consider your thoughts there.

Meanwhile, why not help us lynch Klazam? He has a creamy nougat center.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Thor665 wrote:He has a creamy nougat center.

Delicious.

Sociopath?

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Klazam »

Sotty: My vote was on mith, because he's mith. I addressed the secret tell in my next post. I dont think that's called "completely ignoring the tell".
Also, from Equi’s words and reading other team mafia games, I believe it’s supposed to be a team meta tell, which I am not sure how to process, because I don’t see it myself.

LLamaFluff- To answer your question- I can see a RVS selfvote. Seen it happen so didn’t read too much in it, but a selfvote after pressure is a bit meh.

unvote
, though. Explanation down below.

Chris B- Null, I don’t have much on Chris. Needs time.
Sotty7- Null. Not enough too. Initial nonrvs post feels townish.
Thor 665- Feels strongly town. Selfmeta is kinda useless, but posting makes me feel he is town.
DrippingGoofball- Null. Questions: What favorite scumtells do you see in sotty’s post? It’s obvious you think that Socio would take a scum role, regardless of game. True or false?
SocioPath- scummish, jumping on me without stating reasoning. Not posting much content too.
Equinox-Very aggressive on “The Tell”, due to wanting to get out of RVS, seems like. Jumps off IP due to IP’s self vote putting him at L-1. Does not explain why the LlamaFluff vote was made, until a bit later. I’m leaning town on equinox due to his early play. I want to hear more about the Sociopath vote. Is it only because of the misrep you talk about?
InflatablePie- I don’t like his posting, but the scumtells he gives off is weak, though. That’s why I’m unvoting him. Null-slightly scummy
mith- metascearching in ISO 2, then an abstract pairing thrown out about Thor/Lmarble in 3. Summarizes the LlamaFluff case against Equinox. Not enough to glean alignment.
DemonHybrid- feels town (mostly gut)
Llamarable- looks very meta-focused. I cant really read him. Null.
LLamaFluff- Feels town- makes good posts, with obvious thought behind them.
Sevei- said she’ll post later today. NEEDS MOAR POSTING. Null.

So in summary:

Scummy:
Sociopath

Null/town:
Everybody else.

Based on this:
vote sociopath
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Klazam »

And i can assure you all I dont have a creamy nougat center.

(I have a honey-filled beehive, though)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Hive kicking is a town tell, haha.

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Klazam »

Nope. It's a tell of stupidness.

/Back to the game, could you answer my questions?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

DrippingGoofball Post 115 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Socio is town.

He's not. A player that jokes THREE TIMES that he's scum, is scum. In his brain, he is very nervous about the necessity to be deceptive, and he is releasing this tension by "jokingly" telling the truth.

So Sociopath is scum.

One down, two to go.

Okay, I'll review, I'll admit to power reading the game so I don't remember him doing this three different times. I do like seeing players claim scum in thread though. In turn, you should review your Equi town read cause she pretty much just outted herself as scum in 116. Contesting your town read of her is one of many bad bad things she posted.

Equinox Post 116 wrote:Sotty7, I'm going to say the same thing to you that I said to LlamaFluff; if you didn't get it, sorry, you ain't getting it. I can't get any more specific without risking modkill. You know. That's probably getting too close. Bleh. Dun kill me plz.

Weak, weak, weak. If it wasn't a scum tell you could talk about, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T MENTION IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Why? Because it gives scum perfect excuse to semi seriously wagon someone for top secret reasons. Now I have no clue if your push on Pie was legit or what, all I have is you talking down to people “who don't get it” and you now completely ignoring the info generated from your “gambit”.

That's one thing I am starting to loath about Team Mafia already. Lolteammetacan'ttalkaboutitLol

Equinox Post 116 wrote:DrippingGoofball is probably scum. Hai Goofball. No, I'm not obvtown, sorry.

lolwut

Equinox Post 116 wrote:Ah, right. Sotty7, I
did
wait for him to post; his post and my evidence connected pretty strongly, so yeah, he's tooooown.

lolwut. No you didn't. But that does remind me Post 80 is extremely gloatly.

Equinox Post 116 wrote:I disagree with a lot of post 112. Let's start with... the stuff about me because the other stuff will take up time and that's something I need moar of right now. So, first off, I have been giving reads as I've been getting them with as much rationale as I could reasonably provide, so don't give me crap about that.

I wasn't riding you about giving no reads, I said you were up tight and you are. This does not resemble anything like Equitown I have seen before. Normally you roll your sleeves up and get down to business to busting heads. In this game you have been abrasive, condescending and extremely OTT. Why?

Chris B Post 118 wrote:Now, with regards to Sotty's point - I don't think Equi was defending me, as much as making a big deal about identifying a team.

I actually don't think she was defending you either. The gloating was too rich and natural for that.

Gonna make this a two parter. Equi marble are looking great for scum right now though.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

DH wrote:AtE? Why? By that logic, anyone who's accused other people of lying or implied such has used AtE. You just basically used a boilerplate term without even regarding the meaning of it.

You know me personally. You're my friend on FB and we've played offsite before multiple times. By saying "you're smarter than this", that's a form of appealing to my emotions. Of course, I should know you know better than to try that with me, but Occam's Razor is making my thoughts stop there.

DH wrote:I also questioned about 4 other people and I never posted suspicion on them.

You're not getting my point. It's not the questioning part, it's the "BUT LOOK AT ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE, AND YOU'RE SINGLING ONE PERSON OUT" part.

DH wrote:It fit the context and it definitely wasn't out of nowhere, so I don't get your claim of IIoA.

You said "everyone can be scum". That's like me going around saying "everyone can be town", or "people vote for other people", or "scum can talk at night". It's obvious and isn't really content.

DH wrote:I never said it was a trap for LlamaFluff and you completely misrepresented my statement on that.

Comment you're/I'm referring to:
It was supposed to be obvious and it's something Llama completely passed over.

The post in question, addressed to Llama:
I'm not denying that Equinox could be scum, however, it's weird that you believe that it's an Equinox-IP team due to Equinox's behavior, yet you won't vote for or mention IP and instead debunk the wagon. Why?

Considering context and your suspicion of Llama, the above comment certainly reads like you just defended your obvious statement with "IT WAS A TRAP!".

DH wrote:I didn't even read the amount of votes that mith had before I posted a vote on him.

I don't care. There was a VC posted shortly after your vote: you at least HAD to have seen that before changing your vote to me. Right after Klazam switched sides, too.

DH wrote:So, I'm guessing you don't find "Do you see any scum-motivation behind his posting, and if so, why?" as a valid question and I haven't the slightest as to why you think that. I think it's a very fair and valid question.

Except obviously he does, and that's why he's voting him. Seriously DH, that question was the epitome of active lurking. Or was at least very very stupid.

Question for you, DH. If you're not part of the scum on my wagon, then who is? Preferably in order of most likely to least likely, thanks.

---

Thor665 wrote:Okay, DH can be town.

... I hate you.

Equi wrote:Oh, also, InflatablePie, I don't vote people I think are town. :lol: Dunno how you got that.

Oh, because I totally wasn't being sarcastic or anything...
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Llamarble Post 121 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
Why should I believe you are town is a a filler question if ever I saw one. Poor. Also passing on the last question.

It's not filler because people chose their own roles and making people talk about how they made their choice has potential to be revealing.

What was revealing about Mith's answer? Actually, talk me though everyone's answer and what impression it gave you of them.

Llamarble Post 121 wrote:I thought I'd wagon myself to spur discussion. I haven't done it before.
And why does this bother you now as opposed to right after I did it?
I simply didn't really contemplate moving my vote when I posted my meta-thoughts.

Everyone ignored you. What does that tell you? Also did you realize that I hadn't posted until just a minute ago? I was away most of Sunday night prepping for an interview I had today which is why I was delayed to the game after my RVS.

The fact that you made a serious post while keeping a ridiculous vote on yourself suggests to me a disconnect. You followed this up with your first serious vote being a sheep of the Equi/Thor push on Pie. Yeah, I wasn't impressed.

Llamarble Post 121 wrote:You don't like Klazam & I think he's scum too. So why am I scum again? Your thought process feels incongruous.

Walk me though this cause I'm not getting it.

Llamarble Post 121 wrote:"I noticed a supersecretmetatell" is a weird BS thing to make up, but yeah if it was BS, it was townish BS (except she's stuck to it and Thor apparently also found it). Also you're complaining about Equinox complaining about the wagon you just finished complaining about. Again I am seeing 'this is something I can jab at' instead of coherenttownperspective.

This is a lot of empty words of nothing. Why is it townies BS? As for the complaining deal what are you talking about?

Lots of jibberish topped off with an OMGUS vote? Loving my vote even more now.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Thor, what was the scum tell you saw? Same as Equi now she has explained it a little?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Oi, something I want to point out to everyone. Whether you think I'm town or scum, there seems to be a lot of people that seem to be iffy on my lynch. A -lot-.

We should keep an eye on them.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I don't want you lynched Pie. I think you are likely town at this point.

Klazam's post 133 is giving me some town vibes as well, reads like newbtown trying to get a foot in the game. Offering up a list of reads out of the blue like that is good, but the fact "everyone else is null" is pretty poor. Reads very natural though.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Sotty7 wrote:Thor, what was the scum tell you saw? Same as Equi now she has explained it a little?

Honestly, I was doing it for him saying 'Conform' and not confirm, and to wagon. When she claimed she had an actual tell, my thought was - sweet, somebody on a team knows alignments of other peoples on team and we can roll this one along.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

So you're happy to take her explanation on face value?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Why wouldn't I be?

I don't see it as any more likely to come from scum as town. If I took issue with it I should take issue with every single post DGB has ever made on Day 1 in her entire Mafia career...wait....maybe I should take issue with it ;)

But; yes, I am happy to take the explanation at face value.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I guess I could have worded that better but I think you get the gist of what I am saying.

Maybe I am wrong about Equi but my gut is crawling. What's your opinion on Marable?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Sotty7 wrote:I don't want you lynched Pie. I think you are likely town at this point.

Nice to know. I worded that statement the way I did because I know some people think I'm scum, and was addressing everyone, not just you.

Regardless of my alignment, however, the people fencesitting on me should be looked at - most likely, either they're scum waiting to jump on a townie wagon or scum waiting to have a fallback to bus their buddy, depending what your read of me is.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Sotty7 wrote:Maybe I am wrong about Equi but my gut is crawling. What's your opinion on Marable?

I look at the body of work there and do not see an optimal scum strategy. Gut is gut, but that's my take.

Llamarable; I actually thought his meta question was decently logical. There is a certain type of player likely to be drawn to Mountainous and I do think VT and cop-free Mafia lovers are amongst that class so trying to sniff them out seems logical. I'm slightly biased because he lurvs me for my obv. VT preference meta - but at the same time I consider the work he took in actually bothering to research that a bit for himself speaks reasonably well for him. I'm still sticking with a town read on him, the worst you've done is ding him for not explaining things enough, but his answers make sense to me.

Could you expand on the Klazam town read? I can feel the 'mislynch wagon' vibe there I suppose, but I don't get any actual town vibes off the Bee at all. I actually thought his reads post was terribad.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I have no issue with marable's question on why did you pick this game, but his "why are you town?" question is utter crap. That's the question that underpins every post that is made in a mafia game, coming out and directly asking it defeats the purpose imo. Also, what answer do you expect to get from that question, that is in anyway informative? Mith's "I'm town because I was assigned town" is a perfect example of my that question is bunk. It's filler.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Klazam is town, I got some pings from him when I read the thread. However, post 133 just feels really genuine to me. It's only one post though.

I still need to re-read Socio but I'm juggling a couple things at once atm so that might not happen till tomorrow

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”