(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

AGar wrote:
@Yos
Care to grace 628 with a response? I put, like, a whole 10 minutes into that post yesterday morning. (But seriously, I responded to what seemed like a pointed line in it, expected a response to something like that).

(shrug) I think your post 628 was kind of a stretch. The idea that scum would feel threatened by Vez to the point when they'd try to direct a vig to kill him is kind of silly; if Vez is town, then scum would probably want to keep him around to mislynch later. That being said, I dropped the subject because continuing to discuss what possible town power roles should or should not do is unnecessarily risky for very little gain here.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Porochaz »

unvote. vote Deathnote
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Porochaz »

DeathNote wrote:Why the hell was I prodded when Bamboo hasn't posted for 14 freaking days! Where is his replacement?!?!?!?

Vote: Vez

I was stupid for ever taking my vote off him.

Fuc dying tonight would be much appreciated but who knows what the odds of that happening.

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Furcolow wrote:I'm caught up now, and I have a much higher percentage of being a town-aligned-PR than Vezokpiraka's 0%.

Furcolow wrote:I am a vanilla townie, like Vezokpiraka has claimed

Furc, why'd you hint at possibly having a power role when you started getting in trouble?

I must not be seeing what you are seeing.

It is difficult to find scum when the same people post over and over. I know that I have kinda lurked for the past few days but it started because I have a difficult time wrapping my head around what the active people are talking about.
I dont see the Surye case but the people who find him scummy, I think are town. So... I suppose I approve of his lynch. After Vez of course.

For those who will ask, DN's posts have gotten worse as we have gone on, but this line takes the biscuit.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

but but, DeathNote says im town, so obviously DeathNote is awesome!
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 11:48 am

Post by DeathNote »

Whatever. My post quality hasn't changed, just my quantity.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Amrun »

In general, I'm not a fan of the "easy lynches" argument, but Porochaz is catching my attention with this, and not in a good way.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

DeathNote wrote:Whatever. My post quality hasn't changed, just my quantity.

Voting for vez over Furcolow counts a marked decrease in quality, kiddo.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Porochaz »

With respect I totally disagree, from iso 18 your quality declines.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Amrun wrote:In general, I'm not a fan of the "easy lynches" argument, but Porochaz is catching my attention with this, and not in a good way.

How is DeathNote an easy lynch?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Having just iso'd you, you seem to be unnaturally defensive of Deathnote. Both vezok and furc could be described as easy wagons, they have support behind them, DN doesn't so your point doesnt make any sense.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

Last time I played with him, I led a lynch on him. I was scum, but there were multiple scumteams and at first, I thought he was scum. By the time the wagon materialized, I realized he was town, but stuck with it anyway as I didn't really care.

His stunning defense? Claiming jester.

He was actually town.

No offense, DN, but that is quintessential VI behavior. Your play has been better than that this game, though.

He is better than vezok or Furcolow this game, but this is a strong group of players and he's clearly one of the weaker ones.

P-edit: I simply think DN is town and my top scumread is attacking him. I see town motivation in his posts and more candor than I have observed previously. In addition, you've been on both the vezok and Furcolow wagons, iirc, correct me if I've wrong, which completes my point: you have a history of attacking the weaker players, ie going for easy lynches.

I have a relative townread on him because of all the scummy attacks on him and you just joined the ranks, Porochaz.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Amrun »

I just checked. Your votes in this game are as follows:

-Amrun
-Vezok
-Furcolow
-DeathNote

At the time you voted for me, I was in the midst of exams and slacking. As soon as I made it clear that I could defend myself competently, you backed off.

When your top three suspects in this game are the three weakest players, two of which have claime, and one of which I see no case on, there is something wrong with your reads.

If they were part of other reads, it wouldn't be so bad, but by themselves, they add up to scum looking for a mislynch.

Scumhunting's hard as scum, huh, Porochaz?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Still like my vote where it is and think this vezok/furc wagon thing is just made up of people who are subconciously policy lynching. If a VI dies, its DN, even then he is down on the list quite a bit. Will try and get a bigger post in since im V/LA Thursday through Saturday/Sunday
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Porochaz »

So you think I am scummy because A. I attack someone you think is town and B. have also attacked furc and vezok thus all being easy lynches. That is despite having reasoning for all of them. You seem to have weak reasoning. I fail to see any decent scumhunting from deathnote, choosing to lurk instead of asking questions, judging a case by the players on it rather than the case itself. I think that warrants a vote and I couldn't give a flying fuck about any previous games, people learn from their mistakes, one off game does not make a player.

Once again your playing out of the big ol' book of scum. A book which should have been burned. I voted for you on the basis of your weak case on TF when you delivered it, I then unvoted. I gave you a chance because of the exams but nothing more. Yes I have attacked 2 of the weakest players. However lets not forget why, valerie claimed basically post 1, he didnt know the town role pm, he doesnt care if PR's die. Worthy of a vote. Frank lurked except when called up on it where he immediately posted and he also self voted. Worthy of a vote.

Now both have claimed and this is where my big ol' book of scum comes in. How does that make them immune from lynch? Whats more they claimed vt, so we are at no risk of lynching a power role. I fail to see your point. In regards to DN I explained the vote, there is reasoning behind it. So what you say is a factual inaccuracy. Just because my reads and reasons don't match up with yours does not mean I am wrong. I mean feel free to disagree with me but unless you have something better than "uh, I disagree, scum" or "they have claimed. they can't be scum" and are actually able to counter my points then I think you have no real right to say what my reads are. (and as a total aside when was it decided DN was a weak player?)

Now if you have a point in here then its that they are the weakest players but that only really holds up if they haven't done anything, which judging by the size of both wagons at their peak shows that there is some agreement within town that some of their actions were worth looking into.

And while we are at it, beyond your case on TF which we had to push you to get some sort of vague basis what scumhunting have you done, hmmm?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Also my e key is failing so assume any missing letters are that letter.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Surye

Not sure why my last vote didn't go through.

Could we please get a replacement on Bamboomancer. He hasn't posted in 14 days.

Surye wrote:
Kison wrote:Could we get a prod on Bamboomancer.

Surye: Who do you even suspect. You claimed a few posts back that you've been trying to contribute to scum hunting, yet this entire game day your focus has been on the Vezo issue. With twenty pages of content, who looks bad to you?

You asked me to answer, and obviously, I like Furcolow as scum right now. I was trying to resolve my internal conflict with the issues how to deal with the vez VT claim, and figure out how to get on a scumhunting track. I obviously wasn't doing a great job of that.

Just Furcolow?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Amrun »

Pretend some more that what I am doing right now is not scumhunting, Porochaz.

I never said you didn't have any reasoning on any of those. By far, your best reasoning lies in your Furcolow vote.

My point is: these three weakest players are showing up on your radar. That's understandable. What I do NOT understand is how ONLY THESE THREE PLAYERS warrant your suspicion. Sure, you attack them, with varying degrees of success. They're easy to attack. They're weak players.

I do happen to believe they're all town for various reasons, though not fully decided on Furc so I guess we can call that null.

What makes you suspicious to me, Porochaz, is that you are ONLY attacking the weakest players. You are not attacking the weak players in tandem with other better but scummy players. You're JUST attacking the weak players, and usually not with a good case, either.

And also gut, which has been twinging at your posts for awhile but I couldn't put a finger on it.

I am not impressed with your reasoning on DeathNote. I welcome you to impress me.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Furcolow »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Furcolow wrote:I'm caught up now, and I have a much higher percentage of being a town-aligned-PR than Vezokpiraka's 0%.

Furcolow wrote:I am a vanilla townie, like Vezokpiraka has claimed

Furc, why'd you hint at possibly having a power role when you started getting in trouble?

If anything that kind of gave away the fact that I was a VT to anyone who is experienced. No PR is going to say that. I felt bad looking back on that, thanks for bringing up something seriously anti-town in my having to claim due to my idiotic bandwagon growing
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Someone who needs to post more is CreamPuffEater
they would be the lynch if I was calling the shots
They completely dismissed Vezok's slip in relation to the role pm, too
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Amrun »

Furcolow, if you're town, scumhunt. You're decent at it when you try. If you're town.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Porochaz »

You see once again your reads of other players are wrapped up on how their reads match up with yours. My best reasoning is Frank, you have a null read on Frank.

Maybe you have a point, I dont feel I have focused exclusively on them, I certainly have had a look at AGar and yourself, but I have pushed harder on them, I also have never played DN before and actually don't label him/her as weak but I do think there is a lead there worth following up. By their very nature weaker players are going to be more noticeable and therefore are going to see more votes go there way. However pressure is by no means a bad thing. A lot of information can be gained from this. See Frank for an example.

Im going to go into WIFOM territory here, but what would be the point in me coming off or stop pushing the frank wagon and start a new one on another player on what you say is not good reasoning? Would you not say that I would just be making the job more difficult for myself? Im asking these questions because as scum where would my motivation be?

I see mafia as a game where you follow leads and get more information from the response from the leads and that is where the useful information lies 95% of the time. Now I use my vote in the process of that and I am not going to let weaker players have a pass, for all I know you four could all be scum together so it is worth investigating. From my DN vote for instance I don't have much info on DN as of yet. Her initial response strikes more town than scum but really Im not totally happy with her yet. I do however have a lot more info about you. The biggest bit, (regardless of whether you have scumhunted or not) being your defence on DN which from what I see is just because you think he's town from a comparison with another game. I currently don't have a proper reason as to why you feel the need to post a defence for him and then in turn attack me for voting him. Essentially have a reason if your going to do that, you don't and its making you look really bad and I will be more than likely to be putting my vote back on you as a "I want to lynch you" vote rather than a "Im applying pressure vote" once Im done with DN as your process with lack of reasoning is the scummiest thing thus far in this game.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Porochaz »

That post was badly arranged.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Amrun »

I am not attacking you because you're attacking DN alone. I see it as the final straw in a long line of attacks on weak players, if that makes more sense.

If it had been in this order: DN, Furcolow, vezok, I'd have attacked you for your vezok vote. See what I mean?

But I have, of course, asserted a town read on DeathNote because I have one on him. I will elaborate a little more than I have. In the beginning of the game, he put more effort into scumhunting than I saw him do the entire game that I was in with him before. Later, his posts have stopped having that same purpose, but they DO read as genuine to me. I think he feels a little like his head is over water and he can't grasp some of the cases that are flying around. I don't think DN-scum would admit that point blank like that. Add that to the fact that my top scumread has attacked him in a fashion that I do not read as scum on scum.

I am certainly not going to abandon my Toon Fighter vote for you, Porochaz, but IGMEOY.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Por wrote:judging a case by the players on it rather than the case itself.

Thats wrong?

Can we stop bickering about my play style and actually lynch scum. Do either of you honestly think the other is scum or are you just pissed off that neither of you see eye to eye?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by Kison »

Amrun wrote:What makes you suspicious to me, Porochaz, is that you are ONLY attacking the weakest players. You are not attacking the weak players in tandem with other better but scummy players. You're JUST attacking the weak players, and usually not with a good case, either.

What do you think of the fact Surye has gone after only vezokpiraka and Furcolow all day?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”