Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Korlash »

Well I looked over the first post and didn't see an investigation immune role. There is a commuter possibility which if given to scum would make them immune, but that would result in a "no result" investigation. There is also a jailkeeper with the selfish modifier possibility, but once again that would lead to a 'no result' investigation. As there is no evidence to suggest a framer could work in reverse I see no way for scum to appear town to a cop.

While I wouldn't say my intent recently was in fact to defend you, simply to point out yet another one of Iam's flawed attacks, I would have no qualms doing so due to your post 2026 which highly suggests you as town to me.
But
I can't overlook I'm a compulsive misinterpreter of things, so I
could
be wrong. Still, I don't base my opinions or actions on the highly likely scenario I am wrong... that would just be stupid.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

your right I don't see godfather on first page either. guess I can forget I brought it up.

You are only scum if iam is scum too

Also I saw this on first page:

Hider: At night, choose a player to hide with. You will only die if they die.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

I don't know if xtoxm really could investigate or only thought he could since that was on first page. he probably hid with no case or CKD that night if thats the case. No case was kinda going after xtoxm near start of day 2 so maybe that was it the entire time. xtoxm may have only thought he could investigate just like everyone else thought he could. ugh well i'll figure something out and find scum when i get chance to catch up later
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 8:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

username 2071 wrote:Iam, if you were only two-shot, why did you not claim IMMEDIATELY that you got your second result?

I have an opinion about this, but I want to wait and see what username says.

---

Korlash 2073 wrote:But I think you're a little too hard on Starbuck though. I think a replacement who comes into a 70+ page game like this one would more then often end up the way she has, regardless of the role given.

I don't think so. She saw the page count coming in. If she didn't want to bother with the length of the game, then she didn't have to replace in. Simple. Replacements are lovely if they actually want to replace. If she was going to be too busy to play the game, fine, but just don't join us then. The ball is totally in her court. If she doesn't want to face my calls for an "easy lynch", then all she has to do is give us a little effort (the very thing she implicitly told the Mod she'd do when she agreed to join the game).

Your unwillingness to bend here really doesn't suit you, Korlash. I mean, I juxtapose Fate and Starbuck coming into this game (and they came roughly the same time)... it's night and day, my man. I'm not saying Starbuck would necessarily be so lackadaisical as scum, but I'm coupling this with other behavior in the game. Overall I do not like that role slot. I don't care if it was the Queen Elizabeth playing with us; I'd still be satisfied with that slot being lynched as of right now.

---

PF 2074 wrote:Given I still only see xtoxm going to spyreX/fate or Korlash

That's too far back and still full of WIFOM given inHim's flip. You're going to have to sell us hard on either of those lynches.

PF 2076 wrote:

Oh, wow.

---

Fate, step it up. Important crap is going on in this thread. You need to be here.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 8:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I am gonna need surgery to remove the egg off my face after this game. This will be second time not carfully reading and remembering the front page of a game has made me look dumb

IAM's claim coupled with DGB = town, Korlash = town and Korlashes overall play leads me to believe IAM and Korlash are both town. IAM would of had to think up the idea to make that claim a long time ago given circumstances and I don't see that being likly.

Fonz is def still town roleblocker. 2-3 of Red, Fate, Star is scum and I can figure out which is most likly tonight
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kublai Khan wrote:
As the rise rises, you quickly gather in the town square and count how many are left. You are down from 16 to 13.

Soberly, you identify the dead...

The first is Xtoxm. He tried to avoid the violence that infested the town, but it caught up with him.

The second is curiouskarmadog. The mild-mannered man manifests as a mafioso.

The third is nocase. He was brash. He was rude. He was a townie.

Xtoxm, a
Hider
, was killed on Night 2.
curiouskarmadog, a
Mafia Suicide Bomber
, was killed on Night 2.
nocase, a
Vanilla Townie
, was killed on Night 2.
--
Role Name:
Hider

Active Abilities:

• Hider: At night, choose a player to hide with. You will only die if they die.
    • Weak: You die when you target any player with a "dangerous" win condition.

Passive Abilities:

• None

Groups:

• None

Victory Condition:

• You win when all players with a "Dangerous" win condition have been removed from the game.

And I guess I ain't so dumb after all. still with no GF on first page IAM and Korlash likly both town. Xtoxm could have gone to spyreX but when i think about what no case did during that day I think he is possible too so I am no longer going to push that angle.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Korlash »

I'm assuming you figured out him being weak did in fact give him that investigative ability, so I won't bother to point it out myself.

poker wrote:You are only scum if iam is scum too

yup. And so are you. So until he flips the vicious, disgusting, tramp of a scum he is.. wait wait, sorry... old habits... *breaths deep* Ok, if he does flip scum then all cards are off the table, until then buddies for life! la la la!

Red wrote:I don't think so. She saw the page count coming in. If she didn't want to bother with the length of the game, then she didn't have to replace in. Simple. Replacements are lovely if they actually want to replace. If she was going to be too busy to play the game, fine, but just don't join us then. The ball is totally in her court. If she doesn't want to face my calls for an "easy lynch", then all she has to do is give us a little effort (the very thing she implicitly told the Mod she'd do when she agreed to join the game).

Then you negate your own argument... She saw it before she replaced in and therefore knew whether she wanted to play or not. So her role shouldn't be an influence on that. And even if it is, do you honestly think a person getting the scum role would want to play the game less then a person getting a VT role? Maybe it's just me talking here, but getting a scum role is fun, reading the thread to find ways to screw people over and murder people for science sounds appealing to me. Reading 80 pages just to be a VT sounds like a boring, challenging, eye gouging existance befitting only the worst of the worst in the twelfth circle of hell.

Red wrote:Your unwillingness to bend here really doesn't suit you, Korlash. I mean, I juxtapose Fate and Starbuck coming into this game (and they came roughly the same time)... it's night and day, my man. I'm not saying Starbuck would necessarily be so lackadaisical as scum, but I'm coupling this with other behavior in the game. Overall I do not like that role slot. I don't care if it was the Queen Elizabeth playing with us; I'd still be satisfied with that slot being lynched as of right now.

what do you mean doesn't suit me? Are you calling me fat? Jerk... >.>

And I don't think that's a very good comparison. Fate would be the second side to the terrible coin you're flipping here. Starbuck hasn't read the thread but is hardly trying to convince us she has, whereas Fate seems to read a bit then come out full scale with a theory or something based on that tiny bit. I mean one could argue both not reading the thread while not posting and not reading the thread while posting a storm are both equally damaging to the town.

I do understand your feelings on the slot, hell just basing it on Runner might even have me halfway agreeing with you, but to compare both fate and Starbuck and not come to the conclusion that Fate is worse would be false.

Poker wrote:Fonz is def still town roleblocker. 2-3 of Red, Fate, Star is scum and I can figure out which is most likly tonight

See the same argument that would suggest Iam is town to me also suggests fonz is scum. Without a scum RBer the mafia wouldn't have a way to deal with Xtoxm on their own, aside from the kill. actually that might cover it... Still gives the possibility for a Hider/Doctor collaboration essentially giving the town an unkillable cop until he either targets scum or the doc dies. man, think of the possibilities that would have given us...

Sorry, just rambling to myself here. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that the game does appear to be heading that way. between the three of them though I still prefer Red over the other two, followed by Fate. Red has the obvious connection to Cyber and Fate... well I haven't been able to drop all my suspicions of Spy you know. Star does have Runner and Weatherman as predecessors, but I still feel she would be the bigger gamble.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:45 am

Post by The Fonz »

PF, there IS a godfather listed on the first page.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Godfather: If investigated by a Cop, the result always be "Not Dangerous" (unless the ability is blocked, etc.). If investigated by a Gunsmith, the result will always be "No Result"

note to self, never ever post while on the clock at work again. that is only excuse i can give for idiocy today.

I wait to see if Khan answers my question or not just out of curiosity
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Korlash »

Oh hey a third list... ha even I missed that one. given what it says for the weak modifier and the GF role a hider should still die if they target a GF. The GF does nothing to change its own win condition, merely results of investigations, weak modifyer, while works as an investigation tool, does not give results and therefore shouldn't be effected.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

PokerFace wrote:
Godfather: If investigated by a Cop, the result always be "Not Dangerous" (unless the ability is blocked, etc.). If investigated by a Gunsmith, the result will always be "No Result"

note to self, never ever post while on the clock at work again. that is only excuse i can give for idiocy today.

I wait to see if Khan answers my question or not just out of curiosity

You've pretty much worked out the answer for yourself already. A hider wouldn't die if they hid behind a godfather unless they had a "Weak" modifier. Mafia members have a "Dangerous" win condition regardless of how they investigate.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by The Fonz »

And a weak modifier would show up in the flip, yes?

yes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

and it did fonz

I am caught up but I'm still deciding between Red, fate and star.

Why did you not claim earlier iamuser?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Fate »

I am sorry I'm letting you down in this game Red, tomorrow's my day off and so help me I WILL get to this.

I've been reading though, the only important thing I've seen so far is Iam apparently claiming cop, us realizing that Hider doesn't even fuckin clear townies or find scum...DERPXTOMDERP, and Poker saying that Fonz' claim helps narrow down the vig for scum (which the obvious flaw is that if Fonz IS SCUM the scum already have narrowed it down with their blocks.)
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

No fate. Xtoxm was Weak Hider and could clear and condemn others thanks to the weak part.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Fate »

The fuck are you high on Poker.

So basically youre Bulletproof OR double killed.

No dying behind scum or ANY OF THAT nonesense
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Korlash, I don't know how else I can honestly explain to you that I don't want a Starbuck lynch out of practicality alone. I mean, because you strike me as a prudent individual, then that's part of my argument, yes, but perhaps that's just me misreading you.

To be unequivocal, yes, I see Starbuck as our more conducive chance at a scum flip, but, more than that, I do genuinely dislike that slot as town.

I'll grant you I have been somewhat mum during the middle of the game on my suspicions on this slot. Weatherman/Ojanen struck me as fairly protown, but they've always been kind of lingering on the backburner for me. You've implied that you feel the same way (I don't know if the same sort of lacking of Weatherman/Ojanen/Starbuck talk has been present in your posts like it was with me though, I'd have to investigate that).

Anyways, I need to bring more people into this argument (the problem is, of course, I see Fonz and PF as much more likely scum contenders than I do Korlash. Additionally, since both slots are replacements, they won't necessarily be as adept at understanding the peaks and valleys of that slot as a whole). In any case, Fonz, PF, do you guys see where I'm coming from? This is a lynch we can coalesce around, sure, but, more than that, I think there's a darn good chance that we'll get a scum flip out of it (for reasons I've touched on numerous occasions over the course of this game).
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by iamausername »

The Fonz wrote:Hang on. Wait a second.

Iam, if you were only two-shot, why did you not claim IMMEDIATELY that you got your second result?

I guess you wouldn't take "I don't really have a good reason" as an acceptable answer.

Well, I could say that I was hoping to hang on for one more day, because the devastating effect that clearing two innocents has on a scumteam becomes considerably more pronounced the later it happens, due to the decreasing size of the pool of potential mislynches. That's certainly a reason that someone might not claim immediately after exhausting all their shots. It's a risky tactic, but a potentially lucrative one.

But I did want to claim yesterday, I just wanted to do it as part of an organised massclaim, because I was hoping that someone else would have any kind of information at all that could add to mine and create an equally devastating effect on the scumteam. And when that didn't happen, I decided to take the gamble (though I nearly ended up claiming anyway to save DGB from the lynch). I don't know that it was the right decision, but it was a decision.

RedCoyote wrote:
I have an opinion about this, but I want to wait and see what username says.

What an odd thing to say.

Korlash wrote:See the same argument that would suggest Iam is town to me also suggests fonz is scum. Without a scum RBer the mafia wouldn't have a way to deal with Xtoxm on their own, aside from the kill. actually that might cover it...

There's no reason we couldn't have a roleblocker on both sides, though.

Fate wrote:The fuck are you high on Poker.

So basically youre Bulletproof OR double killed.

No dying behind scum or ANY OF THAT nonesense

PokerFace wrote:No fate. Xtoxm was Weak Hider and could clear and condemn others thanks to the weak part.

Kublai Khan wrote:
Role Name:
Hider

Active Abilities:

• Hider: At night, choose a player to hide with. You will only die if they die.
    • Weak: You die when you target any player with a "dangerous" win condition.

Passive Abilities:

• None

Groups:

• None

Victory Condition:

• You win when all players with a "Dangerous" win condition have been removed from the game.

If I assume Korlash, Fonz and Poker are all town, I'm left with Red/Fate, Red/Star or Fate/Star as the only potential teams, and Red/Star makes zero sense given the events of today. Which would mean that Fate is scum. Probably with RedCoyote, in fact. Fate/Star doesn't make a lot more sense than Red/Star.

But there's still that D1 Chevre wagon weighing on my mind. I still struggle to believe that scum would ignore it for so long. And also the fact that the events of today kind of suggest that RedCoyote isn't scum with anyone but PokerFace, because why else would he be so zealous about derailing the Poker wagon?

Hey, PokerFace. Any chance I could get a list of your scum games? I want to check something. I'm going to track them down either way, but if you could speed the process up a little, that would be a big help.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 1:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Fate »

Yeah Weak is a MODIFIER that was NOT on Xtom's flip.

Unless modifiers don't flip which would be horesshit.

So DGB was one of your innocents, what night? And Korlash last night?

Its important for my read through, especially if you're spouting this "RED+FATE SCUMBUDDIES 4LYFE" nonsense that sounds a fuckton like an attempt to break up a town alliance.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Korlash »

Hider was a modifier on Xtoxm's flip, Iam targeted DGB night 1, and targeted me night 3, Constantinople is now known as Istanbul, and, hate to break it to you, the hokey-pokey has been scientifically proven to be less then and not equal to what it's all about.

Just a few things I thought you ought to know...

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

Weak appears on the actual role pm flip, but not on the first page, which can be confusing. I don't think either side can be seen as scummy for relying on the source they did, this argument is a complete waste of breath.

I can kind of see the sense in waiting if Iam thought there would be a massclaim... yesterday was such a clusterfuck, with everyone pretty much spending most of the day debating the merits of massclaim, and not actually massclaiming, nor engaging with arguments about scumminess, until suddenly there was a deadline and a default wagon.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fate the modifier weak was given with Xtoxm's flip go back and see khans post and or when i backtracked and realized posting while preocupied with job was dumb
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Fate »

Iam MISSED an investigation???

As in didn't submit shit N2?

LOLWUT
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

he claims to be 2 shot only cop. he used shot 1 on night 1 and shot 2 on night 3. he doesn't have any more
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Fate »

That's horseshit.

HORSESHIT.

Unvote:
Vote: Iam

I don't even care what his explanation is. Unless its LOLODDNIGHT TWO SHOT COP, he dies. Even in that case he dies too.

There's no reason as fuck except no fear of a nightkill to not investigate two nights in a row.

ADD THAT TO THE FACT that he waited another night to claim?

Korlash's night spec makes SENSE now, and if nothing else Iam himself should've at least FEARED the night kill given how many people thought he was town.

Instead he exploited his towniness to make a bullshit claim that would let him survive a little bit longer.

THAT AND this "Red+Fate" theory? Oh man... its STARBUCK AND IAM.

That means Fonz is actually town.... (both for balance and for day play).. sorry Fonz (>_< I know this ruins any respect I had left after hydras you had for me as a player and scumhunter... but I DID COME AROUND at least at the end).

I'm having a hard time swallowing Katsuki being town this game, but the way Iam says 'well Starbuck COULD be scum but only Fate/Red make sense today' is such bullshit fence-sitting on his buddy I don't even.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”