Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

OK, my bad.
So you basically claim useless random role that confirmably caused a town death for the gain of a double lynch...

Also hellfire is a strange flavour for a greek goddess... The greek underworld is the hades. "Hell" strongly suggests a christian reference.

Maybe you should just treestump yourself...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

He gave full flavour?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

AlmasterGM wrote:
quadz08 wrote:I figured it would either be really good or
really bad,

If you thought it could be REALLY BAD, then why would you use it AT ALL? Especially when you had FOUR OTHER OPTIONS.

He already explained that, Alma.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

How did he explain it? He just said, "I'd want it done early in the game." That doesn't explain the fact that he could have just not used it at all. It also doesn't make sense that he would use hellfire FIRST when he didn't know what any of his other powers did. Why not test the waters before you jump in with something named fucking HELLFIRE?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

It's also a really shitty town power in general, like someone just said. Super = Tree stump? Boring. Trade one town for double lynch (of which two of them could possibly be town)? Terrible. Not to mention, he doesn't know what it does, so if he had accidentally used it near the lategame, scum would have just waltzed in and quickhammered everyone.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by LordChronos »

quadz: Did you ask Charon about what Hellfire/Spring/Winter/Summer/Autumn do?
I'm a talking computer.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Dekes »

Do not use the tree stump power for the sake of mod confirming yourself. If you're town, we'd effectively use a townie either way.

Third the question if you know what your other seasons do. Also, was there any season on Day 1? I find it odd that there was no indication of there being a season on Day 1.

That being said, like SD said, Hellfire has no link whatsoever to the Greek Pantheon. Claim is fishy, but at least very confirmable.

Shadow Dancer wrote:So you basically claim useless random role that confirmably caused a town death...

When did this happen? Flavor indicates that no one died by a Hellfire.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Katy »

I am pretty wary of this claim. It really is a whole "one of these things is not like the other" situation and it looks an awful lot like you tacked the power you have actually used onto an existing fake claim. After all ... Spring, Summer, Winter, Autumn and ... Hellfire? That is really weird. It's like ... all of the claim makes sense, except for the part that we can actually verify exists.

However, your claim seems to come with multiple ways you could potentially verify it. I'd really like to know what the other seasons do, especially as I am feeling a little hopeful about Spring if this is a real claim. If it's something good for town then that is a way you could prove yourself without having to stump yourself. Will Charon not give you any info at all? If the season would be announced by the mod just as Hellfire was, well I'd find your claim pretty believable if we woke up tomorrow to an announcement that it was Spring. At the very least you could use your super to confirm yourself and you should do that if it will mod confirm you and you are going to be lynched. I would rather you not have to use that if you can be confirmed by your normal, but I think that between a mislynch and a tree stump if it came down to that, I would rather have the latter.

I'm not sure what to do now - this claim is giving me second thoughts. I also agree with the above that the idea that Persephone died by Hellfire is merely speculation and not confirmed. I see nothing to indicate that Hellfire caused Plum's death and her kill flavor is "turned to a pile of sand" which is not only an odd flavor, but also I would expect to see "ash" rather than "sand" if the Hellfire caused her death.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Gemini »

Katy wrote:I am pretty wary of this claim. It really is a whole "one of these things is not like the other" situation and it looks an awful lot like you tacked the power you have actually used onto an existing fake claim. After all ... Spring, Summer, Winter, Autumn and ... Hellfire? That is really weird. It's like ... all of the claim makes sense, except for the part that we can actually verify exists.

However, your claim seems to come with multiple ways you could potentially verify it. I'd really like to know what the other seasons do, especially as I am feeling a little hopeful about Spring if this is a real claim. If it's something good for town then that is a way you could prove yourself without having to stump yourself. Will Charon not give you any info at all? If the season would be announced by the mod just as Hellfire was, well I'd find your claim pretty believable if we woke up tomorrow to an announcement that it was Spring. At the very least you could use your super to confirm yourself and you should do that if it will mod confirm you and you are going to be lynched. I would rather you not have to use that if you can be confirmed by your normal, but I think that between a mislynch and a tree stump if it came down to that, I would rather have the latter.

I'm not sure what to do now - this claim is giving me second thoughts. I also agree with the above that the idea that Persephone died by Hellfire is merely speculation and not confirmed. I see nothing to indicate that Hellfire caused Plum's death and her kill flavor is "turned to a pile of sand" which is not only an odd flavor, but also I would expect to see "ash" rather than "sand" if the Hellfire caused her death.

I am REALLY sorry I keep doing that. I usually sign straight into the Gemini account to read this thread, but when I get a PM on my normal account I keep forgetting to sign out and then back in.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

My thoughts - I dislike the claim and don't want to switch based on it. I'm not really moved to not vote Quadz at this juncture.

Count me in as a vote for tree-stumping. Otherwise I want to hang him.

Quadz
- if you intend to Treestump you need to do so
BEFORE
real voting starts. Otherwise you could quite possible hurt Town.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by quadz08 »

AGM wrote:If you thought it could be REALLY BAD, then why would you use it AT ALL? Especially when you had FOUR OTHER OPTIONS.

It was 50/50 good/bad. I was not gonna let something that could have been really good pass me by. And I used it early specifically because I wanted to give us time to recover if it WAS bad.

Iece wrote:Give flavor on your normal.

The only flavor was the name, "Seasonal Disorder." I am, however, the Goddess of the
Seasons

SD wrote:OK, my bad.
So you basically claim useless random role that confirmably caused a town death for the gain of a double lynch...

Also hellfire is a strange flavour for a greek goddess... The greek underworld is the hades. "Hell" strongly suggests a christian reference.

Maybe you should just treestump yourself...

First, Plum's death being caused by my normal is far from confirmable. That's pure speculation on my part.
Second, 'hell' is not solely a Christian reference... it's the most common English term for the underworld of any religion. (except for possibly 'underworld' or 'afterlife' I suppose.)
Third, I don't think stumping myself is productive. While it prevents a mislynch, it makes me a huge problem lategame. I can't be alive during lylo, as it would cause town to lose (I'd have no vote, but would still count towards the lynch threshold, I believe. This means that in lylo, scum just has to never vote for one of their own, thereby forcing a no-lynch or town-lynch, and then kill the next night, winning the game.)

AGM wrote:It's also a really shitty town power in general, like someone just said. Super = Tree stump? Boring. Trade one town for double lynch (of which two of them could possibly be town)? Terrible. Not to mention, he doesn't know what it does, so if he had accidentally used it near the lategame, scum would have just waltzed in and quickhammered everyone.

First, explain how I would 'accidentally' type up a PM that says "Imma use hellfire." Second, there's a reason I used it on N1.

LC: My role PM specifically states that I do not know what any of the seasons do.

Dekes: There was no season on D1. I asked Andy what would happen if I A) did not submit an action, B) was roleblocked, or C) was killed. He told me that if anything were to happen that prevented me from submitting an action (there not being a N0 being one of those things), there would simply be no season.

P-Edit: Gemini, I had the same thought about the Hellfire vs. Seasons thing when I got my role PM. The Demeter-Persephone-Hades connection was the only way that made sense in my head, hence my speculation on Plum's death. I agree that the flavor doesn't really match that well, though.

P-Edit 2.0: MoI, I honestly don't see the benefit to stumping myself other than avoiding my lynch; it merely forces us to waste a vig-shot, or else pushes lylo forward a day. Honestly, my mislynch is not worth the consequences of stumping myself, IMO.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

quadz08 wrote:
P-Edit 2.0: MoI, I honestly don't see the benefit to stumping myself other than avoiding my lynch; it merely forces us to waste a vig-shot, or else pushes lylo forward a day. Honestly, my mislynch is not worth the consequences of stumping myself, IMO.

Stumping traditionally does not work as you are describing. Stumps generally become untargetable non-entities that don't count to lynch thresholds. You get to chat but have no direct impact. See Harry Potter Large Theme Mafia for a traditional Tree-stump.

So unless you specifically confirmed with Andy that your ability works differently then I'm inclined to say ...

Stump or Die.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I'll check with Andy. My only experience with a stump works the way I described.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

DO NOT STUMP

He's confirmable town, and why the fuck would scum have a power that allows two lynches?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Iecerint »

gandalf5166 wrote:He's confirmable town, and why the fuck would scum have a power that allows two lynches?

This much is my thought, especially since the details of the ability are expressly communicated in-thread. I think a scum version of them would be more likely to keep that information hidden.

That said, I'm a little surprised at the utter lack of flavor for his abilities. If anyone else has that kind of circumstance, I'm inclined to request a softclaim of "also very limited flavor." If Quadz is scum, scum already appear aware that this type of claim is okay OR they won't try it again, so I think the harms are pretty minimal.

I also agree that Hellfire flavor makes no sense.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

My abilities have no flavor outside the ability names, and like quadz's, they seem self-explanatory.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Charon has informed me that if I stump myself, it DOES affect the lynch threshold. For example:

6 players alive, including stump-me. 5 votes to go around. It would be 3 to lynch in that case, not 4.

With that knowledge:

The leaves change with the seasons, but I, Demeter, am Evergolden.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

My GOD why the fuck did you do that?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Iecerint »

That does appear to have been a bit premature...
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Charon »

The fires seem to subside for a brief moment, and all the leaves on the trees detach themselves from their branches, and encircle
quadz08
. He is wrapped in a cocoon of multi-colored leaves, and the multi-colored light blinds you.

When the light dies down, the leaves are scattered around him, and
quadz08
shines with a new radiance.

quadz08, Demeter, is aligned with the Greek Pantheon.
Last edited by Charon on Tue May 10, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Charon »

Vote Count

AurorusVox [1]
- Iecerint
Iecerint [1]
- AurorusVox

Not Voting [13]
- Chronopie, AGar, AGar, Shadow Dancer, ooba, Dekes, Gemini, AlmasterGM, MagnaofIllusion, Axelrod, mothrax, LordChronos, chesskid3

With 15 votes in HELLFIRE, it takes
6 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, May 16th, 2011, 9:00PM PST, at gandalf5166's house. Bring presents.

AurorusVox is V/LA until 5/14.

Please note the new vote threshold.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by ooba »

I would have probably asked Quadz to stump anyway, given that his normal was way above the standard power curve seen so far. I mean Hellfire gave us two lynches - which I would have equated with a superpower than normal (and it's just one of the options of the normal).

Lynch2: Mothrax
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:15 am

Post by chesskid3 »

that was retarded calling it now ooba is scum and wins easily
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:19 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

AlmasterGM wrote:How did he explain it? He just said, "I'd want it done early in the game." That doesn't explain the fact that he could have just not used it at all. It also doesn't make sense that he would use hellfire FIRST when he didn't know what any of his other powers did. Why not test the waters before you jump in with something named fucking HELLFIRE?

As I said: He explained it. You just don't like his explanation. Me either. It certainly puts him into some confirmation trouble now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”