Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:41 am

Post by RedCoyote »

You really think anyone is going to pat you on the back for spending two seconds looking at the Mod's end-of-day vote counts? How droll. You've been in this game for 18 days and you never casted a vote, never so much as gave this game the time of day. Either get out of here or give us something real to chew on.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

82 pages is a lot and I'm also in the middle of outprocessing out of the military.

I tried to start reading, but it started to drag, so I started doing things a bit differently that I usually do. Trying to research those left in the game, rather than trying to read the whole game and get frustrated.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

But that's okay because as scum, you'll latch on to that to make me look scummy and get an easy lynch out of it.

Vote: RedCoyote
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Fate »

Ah fuck no.

Seriously fuck no.

"I haz no time for this game, tried reading it but didn't care, but LOLTHISGUYSSCUM"
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Fate »

RedCoyote wrote: and you
never casted a vote,
ne

Starbuck wrote:But that's okay because as scum, you'll latch on to that to make me look scummy and get an easy lynch out of it.

This is hilariously scummy.

Starbuck is called out on for not ever voting or doing ANYTHING at all, CHANGES her play accordingly (to avoid suspicion) AND VOTES the person who pointed out that change in the same post.

Scummiest thing I've ever seen.

I'm going to catch-up right now, but I don't see my vote going anywhere outside of Starbuck, Katsuki, Fonzi.

Don't we have three lynches left?

MHMM GGGEEGEE.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Starbuck »

I have no problem with the lynch being on me if that's what the town decides is the best action.

I know I really haven't brought anything to the table. It's been awhile since I've replaced in to a game longer than 20-30 pages.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:03 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Korlash 2043 wrote:Also, how many people have to point it out before you stop? Just saying...

Cute.

I actually love this and hope we get to play together again soon, but I'm just saving my adoration of you and others for post-game.

Korlash 2043 wrote:Well I like to think the same about Poker. so if I believe you, that's you and fate gone, and if you believe me, me and poker, I think that makes Iam a hell of a lot better candidate no?

Then I guess we'll just have to lynch between Starbuck and Fonz, lashy. I told you I don't want you to make me choose between PF and username. Despite your pleas, I will not choose username over PF today. I mean, we can continue to beat around the bush, but my mind is pretty set.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Starbuck wrote:But that's okay because as scum, you'll latch on to that to make me look scummy and get an easy lynch out of it.

Easy lynch? You suck.

Starbuck wrote:I have no problem with the lynch being on me if that's what the town decides is the best action.

I know I really haven't brought anything to the table. It's been awhile since I've replaced in to a game longer than 20-30 pages.

Now we're going to go with 'look how noble and self-sacrificing I am?'
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Korlash »

No one even cares Iam committed cop fake claim fuck up 101... figures.

Does anyone have anything better on starbuck then "not posting anything"?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't know. Maybe. You live and die on "slips" like those. Listen, Korlash, we should force the mafia to make a move here. We should take out Starbuck here. No one has investigated her. As far as I know, Fonz hasn't blocked her. She claimed VT. It's a solid shot. PF is another solid shot, but if you feel strongly that he's town... I can respect that because I can totally sympathize with that. That's what makes Starbuck a logical alternative. I don't want to see Fate go. You don't want to see PF go. username and Fonz both of PR claims. I don't think Starbuck is our Vig given how little of a presence that role slot has had on this game (and I don't think the kills match up either, let me know if you want me to go into more detail about this).

Lynching Starbuck will put the scum in an awkward position with their NK if she's not scum.
Lynching username will give the scum a free shot at you and a possibility that you'll flip as the Vig if he's not scum.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

Has everyone claimed yet?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Alot of posting and I have been fairly busy only been able to skim but I will post this since even fonz lost track

Claim list for easy reference:

Fate = Vanilla
Poker = Vanilla
Star buck = Vanilla
Red Coyote = Vanilla
Iamuser = 2shot cop
Fonz = Roleblocker
Korlash = ????

So yay Korlash has to claim still
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

Thought so. And then I claim my block.

Jesus Christ, why is it so hard to conduct a nice, clean, quick massclaim nowadays?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Korlash »

I'm a townie with no role relevant information, if that's not good enough we'll call it French vanilla... wait no, that's too French. Can I be chocolate? Wait, what's the one I like... with all the colors... rainbow sherbet! Yes, I'm a Rainbow Sherbet Townie! With Jimmies on top... in a cake cone, no waffle... yeah... That's the stuff.

@Red: You would also be a solid shot, and unlike Starbuck would actually have evidence to suggest you being scum. (That I have seen at least) I don't like how you want to essentially do a random lynch in hopes the mafia does something we can catch them on tomorrow... I also don't see how the scum are in an awkward position if she flips town but it's probably best not to talk about it. I would like to see some actual reason to lynch her aside from "We do it and cross our fingers... what can go wrong?"

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hmm odd thought just popped into my head. Vig obv killed Bob last night perhaps fonz should withold his block and only say it if it outs scum.

because let's say Fonz reveals he blocked Jim

Now scum know Jim =/= vig

basically we may want to weigh the worth of fonz saying who he blocked and when
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

hmm actually fonz saying who he blocked also stops any vanilla from claiming vig later on. What he says can stop scum from faking later if needed. meh its your call fonz
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Korlash »

that is just the type of Cog I expect your well oiled machine mind to produce there Poker. I do have a question, how would who he blocked last night actually out scum? The only non vanilla claim didn't have a target last night, so I see no possible way it could out scum. (referring to your comment in 2064)

As for the 2065, I actually think revealing it would be more beneficial. However, this is just based on some quick calculations by me so I'm willing to listen to the others opinions on it.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by The Fonz »

PokerFace wrote:hmm actually fonz saying who he blocked also stops any vanilla from claiming vig later on. What he says can stop scum from faking later if needed. meh its your call fonz

I'm pretty indifferent. Whatever I do, RC will call it scummy :P . Happy to let the town decide.

My immediate feeling with Korlash claiming vanilla is that I would expect town to have some kind of investigative role other than the hider, especially with a scum bomb.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Korlash »

While I have to agree given what I know about the setup so far I would assume the town has a pure investigation role, I don't think it's due to the bomb. From a setup perspective the bomb is a one time us deal that has prerequisites in place which could leave it essentially useless. The extra kill would offset to the vig and SK, so I don't feel any additional powers would have to be added for that alone.

I guess this is all pointless argument on my part though over something irrelevant and beyond my knowledge... I'm finding it hard to swallow a reason, however singular it may be, that Iam may be telling the truth. I would prefer to remain ignorant...

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Korlash 2063 wrote:You would also be a solid shot, and unlike Starbuck would actually have evidence to suggest you being scum. (That I have seen at least) I don't like how you want to essentially do a random lynch in hopes the mafia does something we can catch them on tomorrow... I also don't see how the scum are in an awkward position if she flips town but it's probably best not to talk about it. I would like to see some actual reason to lynch her aside from "We do it and cross our fingers... what can go wrong?"

Moi? Lynched? Hah, surely you jest. Korlash would never allow that to happen to me, so just back off.

But seriously, in regards to the rest of your post, I absolutely have solid rationale behind a Starbuck lynch. First of all, her indignant attitude today. She's making it seem like I'm the bad guy for asking her to participate in the game or leave it. If she was town, she'd sympathize with my want of her slot to give us more information. As scum, it's probably more likely that she'd get feisty in an attempt to play on your earlier inklings that I'm scum. She probably thinks she can get whoever is town between you, PF, and Fonz to vote me if she needs to (I don't know whether this is actually the case or not, I'm just guessing this is what she's thinking when she uses her hostility). You couple that with a scumbuddy moving on the wagon, and that might very well be a lynch.

As I said earlier, the combination of her and Ojanen has been absolutely uninvolved in these past three lynches and this game as a whole. I don't have to tell you how solid of a strategy it is for scum to play the lurking card as long as they're allowed to get away with it (and immediately start producing activity as soon as someone calls them out on it). You have to admit, regardless whether you think this is scummy or not, it's certainly not a pro-town tactic.

Prior to these two ladies, we had Runner. Now, had I have gotten my way, I'd have loved to see Runner lynched on the first day. Let me give you a recap as to why (because it was sometime ago):

Runner 115 wrote:I don't see the cases on Gorrad and Chevre here, can anyone help?

Here's some help: why don't you figure it out for yourself and decide whether it is bunk or not. Why are you asking other players (who are potential scum) to pick up your slack? Either this is a big, fat newbie card (even though he was on the website six months prior to this game starting), or he's trying to act diplomatic. Either way, he should have his own reads. I called him out for this, but if that isn't bad enough...

Runner 137 wrote:No one wants to step up? All I'm seeing is 1 line of nothing and a big vote on one of these 2. Honestly, these 2 are the ones making some sense here.

...he rubs it in our faces again. He's acting like he wants to call the cases on Gorrad and Chevre crap (probably because he knows they are both town), but he doesn't have the balls to challenge any of the wagons. He's making it look like he's inquisitive, but in reality he's probably just laying the groundwork for a future rise against the people voting Gorrad and Chevre.

Runner 137 wrote:And curiouswhatever, is that what you do to players like Dutch? We're humans; we all make mistakes. You could have just told him to answer your question(s?) instead of voting him, like Jerbs.

This is a big time, out-of-the-blue defense of dutch. I have no idea what sparked this, but I absolutely hated it when I first saw it. This comment really got this man moving up my list quickly.

Runner 198 wrote:I see the case on farside, Gorrad, and Antihero, Seraphim. See a few other votes around, don't think they're cases though - mainly Jerbs and Dutch one.

This is just him doubletalking in a response to me. This is what shot him up to number 2 on my scumlist. He said, just a couple of pages ago, that he didn't see the case on Gorrad. As of this post, apparently he does see it, but refuses to really comment on it. The only thing I know for sure about him at this point is he's confident enough in his dutchtown read that he was willing to fight ckd to defend dutch's humanity.

He replaced out not long after this, but you get the idea.

---

Actually, we probably don't need Fonz to claim. If scum truly aren't going after Fonz (
because he's on their team :cool:
), then this will put the scum in even more of a bad situation. A Starbuck lynch is just looking better and better, guys. We rid ourselves of that deadweight, force the scum to make a move between Fonz and the Vig once more, and we should be in good position. What could go wrong?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Post by Starbuck »

The Fonz wrote:Whatever I do, RC will call it scummy :P .

At least I'm not alone in this.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by iamausername »

Gah.

Unvote

PokerFace just totally sabotaged his own scumteam's chances of finding the vig for no reason whatsoever.

Either that or he's not actually scum.

I need to think about this.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hang on. Wait a second.

Iam, if you were only two-shot, why did you not claim IMMEDIATELY that you got your second result?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Korlash »

Red wrote:Actually, we probably don't need Fonz to claim. If scum truly aren't going after Fonz (because he's on their team :cool:), then this will put the scum in even more of a bad situation. A Starbuck lynch is just looking better and better, guys. We rid ourselves of that deadweight, force the scum to make a move between Fonz and the Vig once more, and we should be in good position. What could go wrong?

I can think of a number of things... I do agree with your suspicion of Runner though. He was one of the few to stand out in my initial re-read way back when, overshadowed by Spy of course. Had my own issues with Weatherman at one point too. But I think you're a little too hard on Starbuck though. I think a replacement who comes into a 70+ page game like this one would more then often end up the way she has, regardless of the role given. But then I've never seem lurking as particularly scummy so I doubt I'm the best person to weigh in on this one.

Even with the newly added evidence, your push on Starbuck still seems like one of those "lets cross our fingers here guys" which negates everything you've presented and make me feel bad about the lynch.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am still yet to read alot from the last 2 pages but I am curious about something. Given I still only see xtoxm going to spyreX/fate or Korlash I feel I should see if I can get an answer to this even though I have no idea if there is a GF in the setup or not

@Khan, if a hider targets a Godfather does the hider die?

if a hider would live then xtoxm must have gone to fate and fate is scum. If hider would die then I got nothing. Do I think Korlash is a GF? Not particularly, I actually don't think he would be defending me at all if he was scum. In my skim he seems to be defending me or at least refuting IAMuser's arguments on the chevre wagon and how long scum would not ride it.

Speaking of arguments with scum riding wagons CKD and spyreX were going after dutch while Weather was defending dutch before. Assume Fate/spyreX are scum with CKD and we got possibility Starbuck is scum and didn't want to jump on dutch with them. This would make my previous reasons for thinking she is town, false

I'll catch up on things tonight

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”