Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Axelrod »

AlmasterGM wrote:Scum:

AurorusVox
quadz08

'kay.
AlmasterGM wrote:AGar
Shadow Dancer

That just seems a little too gambitty for me to believe.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

AlmasterGM wrote:
SD wrote:If you use your super without claiming the target
and we lynch you it still sounds like a nice tradeoff.

SD wrote:Have you used your Super already, Alma.
(Not only in case we lynch
you but also because if you are telling the truth you are a likely NK and for tripple protection to work it should not matter when you use it, which means you should use it now).

SD wrote:Great news: AGM's claim just became quite a lot more believable recently.
strongly advocate against an AGM-lynch today.

Explain.

Not yet. But I think I will explain at L-1 when also Ooba does his claim.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:04 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I guess if he was using an ability, or something. To me it just seemed like he was going LOL I CHANGED MY MIND.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

AurorusVox
quadz08
AGar
Shadow Dancer

So I am scum... And Agar is too, because obviously for me to be scum he'd need to be my partner... Are you serious?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:07 am

Post by ooba »

*facepalm*
Stop pushing SD folks ..

Lynch 2 VC

Quadz (6)– ooba, Dekes, Gemini, MoI, LC, AGM
LordChronos (2) – Chesskid
AGM (5) – AGar, Quadz, ShadowDancer, Gandalf, Chronopie
Gandalf (2) – Mothrax, AGM,
Iecerint (1) - AV
Not voting (2) – Iecerint, Axelrod

With Axel's prob vote, Quadz its time for you to claim

edit: I'm not claiming at L-1 of the lynch - There's just something I need to do after we are sure on who we're lynching but before the actual lynch goes through!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Thoughts on Quadz:
- His vote on me was a really lame waggon hop
- His push for justifying policy lynches was just bad
- I don't understand his AGM 3rd party advocating at all.

Other than that he doesn't seem overly scummy to me. Could some one with a more dedicated case please explain it or point me to a previous post ere it's laid out?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@AGM: If you want to dorp a real WIFOM-nuke, you claim a (fake?) target for your super :P

I still ike a Dekes lynch.
Axel is coasting nonstop.
And mothrax seems a good candidate, too.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

lynch2 Dekes
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:14 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Shadow Dancer wrote:
lynch2 Dekes

Case in point ....

the likelyhood that we shift the Lynch2 wagon to Dekes at this juncture is next to minimal. This is just like Chesskid's obsession with LordChronos. You may be right. You aren't going to push your preferred Lynch2 through posting as you have. Either build something to stand on or stop screwing around.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

OK. I promisse to ISO mothrax and Dekes until tomorrow and give a case on those two.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:21 am

Post by ooba »

- Of all the three you've listed, mothrax is def. scum with his L2 voting first on me, then on Gandalf.
- The "I def. wasn't RB'd" made me turn around on Dekes.
- Have a town read on Axel - wasn't thrilled with him not putting down an actual L2 vote - but at least his thoughts on who he thought were scum were always clear ..
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

If you iso them you're going to find SOMETHING, if only through confirmation bias ... why do you think they are scum right now?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Gut.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:33 am

Post by chesskid3 »

ooba wrote:*facepalm*
Stop pushing SD folks ..

Lynch 2 VC

Iecerint (1) - AV

edit: I'm not claiming at L-1 of the lynch - There's just something I need to do after we are sure on who we're lynching but before the actual lynch goes through!

YEAAAAAAAA IM A DOUBLE VOTER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Hmm... Can we manage it somehow that Ooba and me and preferably also Agar and Charonmod are online at the same time to perform the whole lynch/claim procedure?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Chronopie »

chesskid3 wrote:
ooba wrote:*facepalm*
Stop pushing SD folks ..

Lynch 2 VC

Iecerint (1) - AV

YEAAAAAAAA IM A DOUBLE VOTER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Good thing that the count isn't official. I'd say you can has double vote over my dead body, but no, not then either.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Dekes »

Iecerint wrote:Dekes, have you made comments about gandalf somewhere, other than to deny having been roleblocked?

Nope. I'm as confused as everyone else about gandalf. If he wants too keep quiet about it, it's maybe because it doesn't profit town now. I get that feeling. But he definitely has to stop stressing this issue by responding to it every single time.

mothrax wrote:Seriously, the first 15 posts are filled with speculation about claims, dead sections, and buddying to other players. Then there is some gandalfbrand content that is almost always scummy anyways. Then you go back to the fluff anf then, oh look, more setup speculation.

Lynch2: Gandalf

The way how are you keep avoiding pressuring ooba, yet still calling him scum on a constant basis, is quite telling. You voted CMAR way back based on a pretty weak reason and you refuse to update that case although I and somebody else (Magna?) have asked you to do so.

Any comments about AGM seem futile now as it boils down to whether you believe his claim or not. AV and AGM both claiming doc is definitely odd, but at least AGM's SUPER is immensely more believable. If he's a doc, he's in a danger anyway. Plus, quadz was the superior lynch before that already.

quadz08 wrote:I think that AGM using his supposed ability before his lynch is a good idea. I also agree that it should be solely AGM's decision.

Basically translates into "I believe AGM's doc claim but let's lynch him anway." Coincidence that you're the second biggest wagon?

While I didn't like Axel's laying low and staying in the background initially, I do get town vibes from him after all, just something I can't put my finger on. May be because he hasn't played a lot of games in the past year and he maybe used to a different site meta. His latest posts are goodposting.

AGar
Shadow Dancer

Have you read D1? Besides AGar being obvtown he practically signed a death sentence for the other if one of them flips scum.

Gemini input
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I must say mothrax looks not just bad but abysmal.
All of her reads are either:
- entirely unexplained/unmotivated
- cheap waggon hops
- or seem forcefully constructed.
Then there are some qualifications that leave behind an odour of forcefully avoiding any inconsistencies.
And some entirely unhelpful off topic comments and setup speculations.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:37 am

Post by quadz08 »

MoI wrote:You somehow don’t think Iec is a target regardless of whether AGM dies today?

And leaving AGM-Town alive means Iec lives to fight for at least 1 more day. Who knows, perhaps he will be able to do something useful down the line that doesn’t involve his regular Power.

I also agree with the assessment that Quadz calling AGM 3rd Party and not scum is suspect.

What I'm saying is that if AGM isn't lynched, and is actually a doctor, he
should
be protecting Iece, the claimed cop. If AGM is SCUM and is lynched, it's not improbable that there's a doctor. Except that thinking about that again, that logic is completely wrong. :/ Nevermiiiiind...

Also, as to the JC = 3rd party thing, I suppose that yes, the scumteam could be a cocktail of random other deities. I just assumed it would be a group from the same mythos, so when I saw JC (who doesn't really have other Gods to hang out with) my brain immediately yelled "3RD PARTY" at me.

Agar's 1290 is bad. Like, really, really bad. It's what AGM pointed out in his 1293, plus it's a symptom of something I've noticed AGar doing for a while now: buddying the shit out of me. Reading back on how I called JC as 3rd party, his reaction makes no sense. It's legitimately unintelligent, and AGar is an intelligent person. Read through his ISO; he's been buddying me for most of the game (I think it actually started during confirmation). It's almost like he knows I'm gonna flip town... just keep that in mind if I'm lynched today.

SD needs to claim whatever info he got. If he knows AGM is town, then be out with it.

Dekes wrote:
Basically translates into "I believe AGM's doc claim but let's lynch him anway." Coincidence that you're the second biggest wagon?

No... that says "I think we should lynch him, but IF WE'RE WRONG THIS IS WHAT TOWN-AGM SHOULD DO." Nice misrep, though.

P-Edit: I agree with SD on mothrax.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

EBWOP: Why did write "qualifications" there O_o It's meant to be "clarifications"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Quad: Yes, I see your point about the 3rd party result. But keep in mind that mythology includes more than just "real gods". Cerberus for example is not really a god. And Christian mythology, though formally only including one god, also includes lots of (arch) angels, demons and stuff. On top of that the christian god is some rather odd triple split personality. I'll love my head off if we have a scum team of father/son/holy spirit. AV's flip will certainly help us decide on the question of mafia's mythological link.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Dekes »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Great news: AGM's claim just became quite a lot more believable recently. I strongly advocate against an AGM-lynch today.

Shadow Dancer wrote:AV's flip will certainly help us decide on the question of mafia's mythological link.

You keep on contradicting yourself on that matter. Clear answer: Do you want AGM to get lynched or not? Do you think AGM is Jesus or not?

@Quadz
The second part of your original statement where you said it should be AGM's decision on whom to use his power implies to me that you believe his claim.
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Gemini »

Dekes wrote:Gemini input

Ask and ye shall receive. I am back and off V/LA now.

I'm still for lynching Quadz. The case on AGM seemed based not on him being scummy but on him almost willfully not trying to be pro-town, combined with Iec's result. I think that the events of the past few pages have kept me solidly on the Quadz lynch side of things. I found it interesting that once Quadz voted for AGM, LC immediately voted as well and then suddenly the momentum changed. I might be willing to explore Chesskid's theory tomorrow.

Quadz reaction to everything reads to me as scum trying to hurry another target into the lynch position and gloss over the fact that he is the next main lynch target, something he didn't ever seem to confront head on. His insistence that Jesus is a third-party role I also found really odd, he really does seem to state it as a fact:

Quadz wrote:In case you haven't noticed, the cop result on AGM gave us a 3rd party result. They aren't scumbuddies.

This seems to me a VERY odd thing to say. We have been specifically told that mafia are non-Greek gods so I can't think why anyone would leap immediately to the idea that Jesus IS a third party role unless they knew more about how the mafia is composed than the average townie.

Add to that his fixation on SD far beyond it being reasonable to keep going after him, his justification for that (and for lynching BS) being that he was always for a VI lynch day one (coupled with his not being able to strongly back that up) and his hurry to jump on AV wagon as soon as he was "confirmed" scum, I think there are more than enough reasons to put our vote there or AV as needed. I'll be online working until late tonight so I can monitor the thread for voting plans, but tomorrow I may not be around as it is my day off.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I think AGM is quite likely to speak the truth. I cannot 100% confirm him as town, but he should not be today's lynch. If AV flips as holy spirit or somethings things would look quite different of course. But at this point in time I'd say he's likely town.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 11:07 am

Post by AGar »

AlmasterGM wrote:
AGar wrote:I didn't take note of that.

Hm.

I'm really not big on Quadz as Lynch2, but I'll get behind it if that's the popular vote.

Gimme a day to re-read this whole mess. I feel like I'm missing big pieces here to the puzzle. I'll be back with a more appropriate Lynch2 candidate in the next 24 hours.

This post is scummy. Both the agreement to just do whatever popular opinion dictates part AND the quickness with which you read and dismissed my claim as :MOONBEAMS:, but then came back to it in a new light the minute someone else prompted you to part.

I think your claim is still bogus-like, but MoI puts a good point on the table about your lynch2 vote. I really don't want to lynch quadz, but I'm not going to sit here and pigeonhole the town going "NO! CAN'T LYNCH!"
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”