Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Demonic Angel wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Faraday wrote:giving reasoning = t0own points. katsuki tell me i'm being trolled. PLZ.

Not just that; giving reasons he [quadz] agrees with gets you [generic] more town points. It's the sort of analysis I'd [DDD] expect from a magic eight ball; not a serious mafia player.

This post needs some pronoun clarification.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I haven't gotten to the part where demon angel replaces in, it seems. That and I don't bother reading opening posts. Sue me. The first sentence is a more accurate representation. The later mention is "my reads up to page 11"
don't you feel silly now?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by quadz08 »

DDD: My agreeing with them didn't give them more townpoints. That was just a bonus comment. Apologies if it appeared otherwise.
Ummm... so, as town, you feel the need to suggest, in a scummy way, that you're town?

RayFrost: I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that I am town if you've only read half the thread.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Mothrax: what are "those," exactly?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Oh, and apologies for the triple post, but Sera: good job on only responding to one part of my earlier post. And 'responding' is being used very loosely in this case.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

quadz08 wrote:DDD: My agreeing with them didn't give them more townpoints. That was just a bonus comment. Apologies if it appeared otherwise.
Ummm... so, as town, you feel the need to suggest, in a scummy way, that you're town?

As far as I can tell you're the only one reading that as scummy.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by RayFrost »

My read based off of half the thread's worth of posting by you. Shocking, I know. I mean... my
certainty
about this. Not being sarcastic.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Regfan side of the head herer, slightly high, very hungover but I've managed to catch up finally.

VasudeVa, basic mafia instincts don't change between normal and marathon games, people still attempt to use the same avoidance or defensive mechanisms.
Singersinger, I see no benefit in policy lynching becuase it means defering lynching the scummiest player in the room just to remove someone that may actually be beneficial.
Quadz, the fact VPBaltar didn't cease posting is a scum-tell because he said doing so is not in the towns best interest, stated refrainment from doing so while not forfulling this in any way.
Scottyrulez, I have no read on Seraphim whatsoever though I believe G has a slight-town read on him, not sure why.
Seraphim, can you explain Plumtown to me?
Katsuki is town, fairly positive on that.
Quadz, null on Parama? What do you make of his reaction to the vigtest?
So much filler posts here. Ugh.
Nicki Minaj, I agree with most of these reads, though you'll need to explain Parama-scum. Posting my reads was done because personally I don't understand the concept of withholding reads unless you're waiting for someones reaction - which I wasn't doing at all.
Parama, this post is pathetic, literally Vezo level of posting terrible. State your three biggest scum and town-reads with reasoning behind them in your next post.
RayFrost, first of welcome. Second of I could be a sucker but I read this as a geninue town-tell, mafia are likely to have pre-game chat which includes a link towards this thread.
Magua, thank you. Jesus christ these filler posts were getting annoying.
Mothrax, this post just solidifies my town-read on him, don't see scum suggesting to have themselves lynched at all.
Faraday, I disagree with the entirety of this post, he's been less-pro town this game then I've ever seen him, a lot of that has to do with his lack of activity in the past day or two.
Scottyrulez, haven't had a chance to discuss this with G yet but Quadzs against DDD seem like a weak-buss attempt. He's saying DDD is scum and then turns around saying he finds multiple other players scummy and he's willing to vote elsewhere ie. Parama.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by quadz08 »

DDD: And I've expressed that those who don't think it's scummy can go hang out in the idiot corner.

RF: Fair enough, I suppose.

P-Edit: I still don't understand why that's scummy, Dup. VPB said it was in town's best interest for him not to post; in order for continuing to post to be a scumtell, that statement would have to actually be true, which I don't think it really is.
As to Parama, his reaction to the vig thing was, well, null. Honestly, his reaction was how any intelligent player, town or scum, should react.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Magua »

@Quadz:
I'm interested in your thought process throughout these three posts of yours:

quadz08 [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3023795#p3023795]#499[/url] wrote:
Yes, seriously. I have null reads on all 3 of them [Parama, VasudeVa, Plum], actually. Nothing real scummy, nothing real townie. No reason for me to waste space bringing them up.

quadz08 [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3024154#p3024154]#588[/url] wrote:
btw, I would approve of a Parama lynch based on VI/anti-town-ness. See: Parama's most recent post.

quadz08 [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3024502#p3024502]#633[/url] wrote:
As to Parama, his reaction to the vig thing was, well, null. Honestly, his reaction was how any intelligent player, town or scum, should react.

If you find Parama's vig-response to be null, what is it you do find about his play to be antitown?
What was it that Parama did that made you move him from null to antitown?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Rayfrost please tell me what you see in quad's iso that makes you think he's town, because I don't see anything resembling town in it. And if you say that it's because of the OTHER voters on the wagon then you should Really know that if he's scum there will be other scum bussing on his wagon by this point.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Page 22.

Vote: DemonicAngel

People that shouldn't be dying even if someone claims daycop with a guilty result (hint: the daycop's scum): MoI, Equinox, VPB, Magua, Hito, Gamma

People that are town but not nearly as clearly obvious ubar town as the above: Faraday, DDD, Quadz, Mothrax (mothrax is town due to associative tells based off of those voting him rather than his individual play), Parama, sotty, plum

Scum that should be lynched even if someone claims daycop with an innocent on them: D[ark]A[rts], VV, AGM

People that are scum but not nearly as clearly obvious ubar scum as the above: singer, nicki minaj

Null with more flavors than baskin robin's: Everyone else
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'm too lazy to go grab the posts, but...:

His push toward DDD seems highly unreasonable for scum to do. His points (though wrong) don't feel contrived in that regard, and the conviction he put into his case there doesn't have the urgency or flailing aspect to it that would be likely to come from scum that's so close to being sent to the grave. His posts lack the cornered feel that I'd expect scum to have when run up so far, and I honestly didn't understand the original suspicion on him in the first place.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by RayFrost »

To be honest, I didn't have any kind of real read on him when I posted my "Quadz is town. Discuss."

Discuss.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Magua »

I want to wait for Quadz's answers about my questions on Parama, but I'll hijack this to say that here:

RayFrost wrote:People that are scum but not nearly as clearly obvious ubar scum as the above: singer, nicki minaj

You are dead wrong. Both of these are town. Please stop being wrong in the future.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Magua wrote:I want to wait for Quadz's answers about my questions on Parama, but I'll hijack this to say that here:

RayFrost wrote:People that are scum but not nearly as clearly obvious ubar scum as the above: singer, nicki minaj

You are dead wrong. Both of these are town. Please stop being wrong in the future.

Shhhh. Duck your head and wait for them to speak. There is a time and place for everything, young padawan.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by RayFrost »

AlmasterGM wrote:It should absolutely be allowed to be posted, in my opinion. The only reason it wouldn't be postable was if it was considered "out of game communication," in which case it should have been a modkill. That didn't happen, which makes it postable. But I'll wait and see.

This needs to be said:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GAME-RELATION OF THAT PM TO THIS GAME, MAKING THE QUESTIONS, ANALYSIS AND/OR READS BASED OFF OF ITS EXISTENCE STUPID AND UNRELIABLE. FURTHER USE OF THE PM IN QUESTION FOR THIS PURPOSE WILL LEAD TO A SCUM READ.

CEASE. AND. DESIST.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

The contents of the PM itself is irrelevent.

The action, however, is relevant.

Agree or Disagree, Rayray?
Fate+The Angelic Presence known as
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Equinox »

RayFrost wrote:THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GAME-RELATION OF THAT PM TO THIS GAME, MAKING THE QUESTIONS, ANALYSIS AND/OR READS BASED OFF OF ITS EXISTENCE STUPID AND UNRELIABLE. FURTHER USE OF THE PM IN QUESTION FOR THIS PURPOSE WILL LEAD TO A SCUM READ.

Seeing as you have the biggest culprits of this in your town lists, I take it you don't have a problem with people using it in the last 26 pages?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

RayFrost wrote:His push toward DDD seems highly unreasonable for scum to do. His points (though wrong) don't feel contrived in that regard, and the conviction he put into his case there doesn't have the urgency or flailing aspect to it that would be likely to come from scum that's so close to being sent to the grave. His posts lack the cornered feel that I'd expect scum to have when run up so far, and I honestly didn't understand the original suspicion on him in the first place.

Umm. I disagree?
If I was scum in quad's position I'd find DDD at least a decent target- nobody's posting about him so it would be "scumhunting" on someone who hasn't gotten much attention, people can't really argue with the fact that DDD hasn't given much content like they can with "I think his posts are legit townz cause etc.", and he isn't likely to explode with content and make his read look shitty in the near future.

RayFrost wrote:To be honest, I didn't have any kind of real read on him when I posted my "Quadz is town. Discuss."

Discuss.

*shrugs*

As a final note I giggled at this.
Ray Charles wrote:People that shouldn't be dying even if someone claims daycop with a guilty result (hint: the daycop's scum):Gamma
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Equinox wrote:
RayFrost wrote:THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GAME-RELATION OF THAT PM TO THIS GAME, MAKING THE QUESTIONS, ANALYSIS AND/OR READS BASED OFF OF ITS EXISTENCE STUPID AND UNRELIABLE. FURTHER USE OF THE PM IN QUESTION FOR THIS PURPOSE WILL LEAD TO A SCUM READ.

Seeing as you have the biggest culprits of this in your town lists, I take it you don't have a problem with people using it in the last 26 pages?

I don't recall anybody saying what I just said about the PM, soo... not really. It's kinda like the flavor speculation in OoT mafia where I came in and told everybody to stfu about it. Except using this PM as a method for supporting / weakening a read actually is a tell on the players themselves. My stating in the big size is essentially the stfu about it post. People not stfu-ing about it = scumtell because it's not game related.

@ Katscum: Disagree. PM'ing a player about not-game-related stuff is not-game-related. It'd be like me telling equinox my scum meta based off of [inert recently completed games]... except it (the PM mothrax sent) is actually
less
relevant. (Random fact: I actually
did
talk with equinox about this and point out my tells in a real AIM conversation once, though the only game we were in together at the time is one we were hydra'ing in)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Gammagooey wrote:
RayFrost wrote:His push toward DDD seems highly unreasonable for scum to do. His points (though wrong) don't feel contrived in that regard, and the conviction he put into his case there doesn't have the urgency or flailing aspect to it that would be likely to come from scum that's so close to being sent to the grave. His posts lack the cornered feel that I'd expect scum to have when run up so far, and I honestly didn't understand the original suspicion on him in the first place.

Umm. I disagree?
If I was scum in quad's position I'd find DDD at least a decent target- nobody's posting about him so it would be "scumhunting" on someone who hasn't gotten much attention, people can't really argue with the fact that DDD hasn't given much content like they can with "I think his posts are legit townz cause etc.", and he isn't likely to explode with content and make his read look shitty in the near future.

DDD isn't someone I'd consider a good target or reasons I'm not sure you considered: 1. DDD is an active player, even if he isn't a prolific poster, 2. DDD has yet to display :badlogic:, 3. there are numerous other people that have lacking content. I'd consider the fact eople haven't really attacked DDD and are essentially considering him town-ish to make him a roughly equal target with, say, seraphim. Neither seem particularly reasonable targets if you're going to push, especially when there are easier targets like NS, mothrax, AGM, katsuki, etc to attack if you're going to be scum looking for an "easy target" (Note because I just realized that someone might be dumb enough to make this argument: I am not saying that any of the people who are in the "Easy target" list are town - just that they'd be easy to attack without much suspicion if you chose to do it, regardless of the target's alignment).

G[reat]G[oomba] wrote:
RayFrost wrote:To be honest, I didn't have any kind of real read on him when I posted my "Quadz is town. Discuss."

Discuss.

*shrugs*

:thumbs up:

Sticky Rays wrote:As a final note I giggled at this.
Ray Charles wrote:People that shouldn't be dying even if someone claims daycop with a guilty result (hint: the daycop's scum):Gamma

Eh?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Dammit rayfrost read the thread better/have a better memory. Reread my iso #3.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Gammagooey wrote:Dammit rayfrost read the thread better/have a better memory. Reread my iso #3.

Oh,
that
. Okay, I get it now. To be honest, I misremembered you as sykedoc for miller even though syke isn't in this game. :oops:
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

RayFrost wrote:
@ Katscum: Disagree. PM'ing a player about not-game-related stuff is not-game-related. It'd be like me telling equinox my scum meta based off of [inert recently completed games]... except it (the PM mothrax sent) is actually
less
relevant. (Random fact: I actually
did
talk with equinox about this and point out my tells in a real AIM conversation once, though the only game we were in together at the time is one we were hydra'ing in)

Except, said PM was a result of in-game actions.

We are not talking about casual conversations such as AIM. We are talking about a PM that directly stemmed through game events.

Your response to Equinox was also extremely weak.
Fate+The Angelic Presence known as

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”