mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by mothrax »

Ok, so I am posting this before I do my reread, so screw me.

re the PM debacle:
I was angry at AGM for more reasons than picking me as a policy lynch. Looking at the playerlist I am obviously in the bottom half, probably the bottom 5 when it comes to skill levels. That said I understand why AGM would place me there. I obviously disagree, but AGM doesn't know all of the things that have been going on in my RL as of late. I have made poor decisions joining the games I have and for that I appologize. Now, as for the last few days, no I have not been "trying to coast" as AGM put it, I have actually been taking finals, taking care of my mom who had an emergency surgery on wednesday due to complications and working 45+ hours to be able to afford rent/bills since she isn't able to work. This is not a "don't lynch me" excuse, if you find that scummy, by all means go ahead, as I should have been posting in this thread. That said, I have been reading along on my phone when I could and have a general idea of the happenings, but want to reread before I post more.

@faraday: I am uncomfortable with you being so hell-bent on me being town. Is it awesome that you have strong town read on me? Yeah, I appreciate the white knighting. However, if I weren't me, I wouldn't have a town read on me.

@the lynch mechanic: If lynching me benifited town in any way, I would say hell yeah do it, however the only thing that it does is give scum an extra chance to mislynch with the double day.

Also, I have no problem with the PM being posted if Vi allows it.
(fwiw I wish it would have stayed private as it was intended to be, but as it is not, might as well make it fully public.)
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

If you are not in the right state of mind/do not have the time to play, perhaps you should replace out?

You understandably must have a lot on your plate right now, but maybe playing mafia right now may not be the best thing for you at this moment.
Fate+The Angelic Presence known as
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by mothrax »

I appreciate it, but playing mafia right now is a welcome diversion. The past few days were just really hectic, what with my thesis being due, finals week and my mom's surgery. She is pretty self-supporting at this point and my thesis and finals are done, so I am ready to get back into it.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

It should absolutely be allowed to be posted, in my opinion. The only reason it wouldn't be postable was if it was considered "out of game communication," in which case it should have been a modkill. That didn't happen, which makes it postable. But I'll wait and see.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by mothrax »

A Case in Four Part Harmony
by
mothrax

First, you have quadz ISO #2 which I have already waxed philosophic on once, but to restate: THIS IS SCUMMY! like uberscummy overreaction to one vote. "Is this serious because I need to know so I can play defense zomg"

Secondly, in ISO 3 we have the lovely "quickvoteswitchingisbadgais!" No, no it is not. There is not only one scum in this game (one would assume) so this gives players the ability to pressure more than one scum read. Were you just worried they would catch your buddy too?

(side note: ISO 7yes, yes it is, because it was overreaction and overdefensive.)

Third: to disect ISO 9 piece by scummy piece:
The first line concerning DDD is scummy. The language in it is just begging for town approval before he goes all out. I for one use "reads scummy
to me
" much more often as scum. It gives you a chance to go back later and say "thats just me but since other people don't think so I am going to go back on that read"
His response to the Faraday/Magua/DDD quotenest is sooooo ubercontorted it isn't even funny. I skimmed that part once and could tell it was a joke... seriously? +scumpoints for trying to stretch a joke into a scumtell.
asking about alignments does not "not do us any good" IMO, and this reads like you are trying to push the town away from a line of questioning to cover your own rear. Setup speculation is good for the town (when used in conjunction with real scumhunting)

Also, your points on Dup and hito are "they are town but they could be scum." Do you enjoy waffles?
Oh look, you did it again with NS "I want to call him town but he is never town." You are just leaving all kinds of options open aren't you.

hmmmm... I actually agree with the bottom of ISO 10. The top, not so much. How is Active Lurking a scumtell and Lurking not?

Quadzscum wrote:I've since admitted that the 'pressuring multiple players' bit is not scummy, and I don't know why my brain decided to tell me that it was.

Please show me where this was.

Brilliant! For the smashing finale we have this little gem from ISO 15:
quadzscum wrote:btw, I would approve of a Parama lynch based on VI/anti-town-ness. See: Parama's most recent post.

This comes at the end of a rather long post that makes me lol. The entire post is defending himself and then tacked on at the bottom is this lovely piece of work. Let's translate this shall we?
"ohai guyz, lets get the attention of of me, oh look, a wild Parama appeared, Lynch it!"

And there you have it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Faraday »

@faraday: I am uncomfortable with you being so hell-bent on me being town. Is it awesome that you have strong town read on me? Yeah, I appreciate the white knighting. However, if I weren't me, I wouldn't have a town read on me.

Don't care. I see you as town and will defend you to the death. I don't let people put shit on my town reads if possible. This is one of those cases.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Faraday »

Mina: Katsuki is town for voting quadz. No wafflng, no garbage, just came in and voted him. The reason I caught her as scum indefcon was cos she was pulling her/he scumreads completley out of her fucking ass, and made no sense. I don't see that here, she doesn't post a lot of words, but that's not a bad thing, her vote is pro town.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Seraphim wrote:

I'm saying lynching mothrax is a bad idea because A. it's impossible to get an accurate read on him and B. from what I can read he's town.

Errrrm, A is a pretty good reason to take the double day if it applies.

Stating B does not resolve against A. Color me confused.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

Yeah I'm happy with mothrax town.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Faraday »

Mina: In hindsight a lot of my magna read is metaish based. I think there's a fundemental difference between the way he played storm/clash early and here, just take a look, do you really not see a difference?. he's fairly nitpicky regardless of alignment, but look at his play there, he's nitpicking really bad things, things that don't even seem all that alignemnt relevant, whereas i et the impression here the things he is trying to figure out are sincere. There are a couple of other things he hasn't done, that make me lean town, i.e. things I think he'd be doing as scum, but I've no interest in revealing them as he's a town read. Why don't you think he's town? I don't understand that, he actually looks more pro town than i've ever seen him in a game.

now srsly, go torture someone else.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

Jesus christ i feel so dirty for typing a paragrapg.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

Aha faraday hates making long posts about as much as I do. :P
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Also on catchup Quadz is looking much scummier. His points on DDD as accurate as they are, apply to many other players including himself at the point he made that vote. It's particularly the fact that he goes after DDD for something he's also guilty of doing that doesn't sit well with me.

Willing to vote him, but not ready to end the day at this point.

- Zach
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

So um guys. I'm on page 7. I'd give my current reads on stuff from way back there, but my reads would be so change-y that I'd rather just stick with reading. For the quick version of the reads I've got: you guys should be voting one of VV, Duplicity, or... VV.

Not going to vote until I'm one reading.

Salutations to MoI, though. By the by, I feel like breadcrumbing for no reason. Isn't that just peachy? I won't, though. No point. Breadcrumbs may come later, though. Be on the lookout... or something. Content may come within the next 24 hours too. Maybe. Depends on the weather (I wish I was speaking in a figurative sense here....).
don't you feel silly now?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by quadz08 »

mothrax wrote:A Case in Four Part Harmony
by
mothrax

First, you have quadz ISO #2 which I have already waxed philosophic on once, but to restate: THIS IS SCUMMY! like uberscummy overreaction to one vote. "Is this serious because I need to know so I can play defense zomg"

responded to this already

Secondly, in ISO 3 we have the lovely "quickvoteswitchingisbadgais!" No, no it is not. There is not only one scum in this game (one would assume) so this gives players the ability to pressure more than one scum read. Were you just worried they would catch your buddy too?

responded to this already

(side note: ISO 7yes, yes it is, because it was overreaction and overdefensive.)

oh noez? this is a minor tell, and you based your whole future read of me around it. I mean, seriously, did you even look at any other players, or did you just hop back in and go "oh, I said this guy was scummy 15 pages ago, and everyone else still thinks so. I'll just stick with tunnelling him!"

Third: to disect ISO 9 piece by scummy piece:
The first line concerning DDD is scummy. The language in it is just begging for town approval before he goes all out. I for one use "reads scummy
to me
" much more often as scum. It gives you a chance to go back later and say "thats just me but since other people don't think so I am going to go back on that read"
His response to the Faraday/Magua/DDD quotenest is sooooo ubercontorted it isn't even funny. I skimmed that part once and could tell it was a joke... seriously? +scumpoints for trying to stretch a joke into a scumtell.
asking about alignments does not "not do us any good" IMO, and this reads like you are trying to push the town away from a line of questioning to cover your own rear. Setup speculation is good for the town (when used in conjunction with real scumhunting)

I'm glad you do that. I don't.
And, by god, I've EXPLAINED THAT ALREADY. Twice, I think. If you don't agree with me, then fine, go sit in the idiot corner. That doesn't make it a scumtell.
I have no idea what you're talking about in the third bit.

Also, your points on Dup and hito are "they are town but they could be scum." Do you enjoy waffles?
Oh look, you did it again with NS "I want to call him town but he is never town." You are just leaving all kinds of options open aren't you.

Ummm... No. They aren't. I said Dup's case made sense, except for one bit. Never mentioned his alignment. I said Hito read as town, but I disagreed with one of his ideas.
The NS bit I'll give you. I have no idea what to think of him.

hmmmm... I actually agree with the bottom of ISO 10. The top, not so much. How is Active Lurking a scumtell and Lurking not?

Active lurking is a scumtell because it shows that you're in the thread, reading along, keeping up, but not commenting on the game, thereby making you unreadable, and avoiding potentially controversial points. These are both good things for scum. Lurking is not a scumtell, it's just anti-town.

Quadzscum wrote:I've since admitted that the 'pressuring multiple players' bit is not scummy, and I don't know why my brain decided to tell me that it was.

Please show me where this was.

Looking back at my iso, I suppose I never actually said that. I admitted that due to being busy and stressed, my reads were affected oddly. In any case, I'm admitting it now.

Brilliant! For the smashing finale we have this little gem from ISO 15:
quadzscum wrote:btw, I would approve of a Parama lynch based on VI/anti-town-ness. See: Parama's most recent post.

This comes at the end of a rather long post that makes me lol. The entire post is defending himself and then tacked on at the bottom is this lovely piece of work. Let's translate this shall we?
"ohai guyz, lets get the attention of of me, oh look, a wild Parama appeared, Lynch it!"

And there you have it.

First: my whole post is NOT defending myself. I make 3 or 4 points about other people directly before the Parama thing. Nice misrep, though.
Second: I have felt for a while now that lynching anti-town players early is good for town. Yes, I get plenty of flak for it in every game I bring it up. I will stand by that opinion until I am proven wrong. (just for the record, Parama is not VI; that was poor term use on my part. Anti-town is a much better descriptor.)

SottyRulez wrote:Also on catchup Quadz is looking much scummier. His points on DDD as accurate as they are, apply to many other players including himself at the point he made that vote. It's particularly the fact that he goes after DDD for something he's also guilty of doing that doesn't sit well with me.

Tell me what I accused DDD of that I am guilty of myself. I'm quite curious.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Guys, quadz is town.

Discuss.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Holy crap. Did you guys throw a huge party or something?

Uh, yeah, I'm just putting this here to see how long it takes for me to read however many pages it is that I need to catch up and then do all that stuff I said I would. Hold me accountable, please. I don't want to get lazy halfway again and then leave for a whole day because that just kills my motivation.

I'm gonna pull an all-nighter for this, wooooo.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

RayFrost wrote:Guys, quadz is town.

Discuss.

Impossible.

Needs no further discussion.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Demonic Angel wrote:

Discuss.

Impossible.

Guys, this guy's scum. thought I'd let you know along with a progress update: page 11, parama's town, magua's town, MoI's town-ish, Plum is town, sotty is town, VV is scum, katsuki is possible but really more null scum, gamma is town, equinox is town.... You get the idea. A lot of town reads, very few scum reads.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

RayFrost wrote:
Demonic Angel wrote:

Discuss.

Impossible.

Guys, this guy's scum. thought I'd let you know along with a progress update: page 11, parama's town, magua's town, MoI's town-ish, Plum is town, sotty is town, VV is scum, katsuki is possible but really more null scum, gamma is town, equinox is town.... You get the idea. A lot of town reads, very few scum reads.

For the record, I am Katsuki.
Just with a new image.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Faraday wrote:giving reasoning = t0own points. katsuki tell me i'm being trolled. PLZ.

Not just that; giving reasons he agrees with gets you more town points. It's the sort of analysis I'd expect from a magic eight ball; not a serious mafia player.

Also quadz, yes, I have an interest in appearing town and I might even uses jokes and subtle suggestions to try and get people to take that stance. Unfortunately for your shake a magic eight ball style of analysis I have this interest whether town or scum.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by mothrax »

RayFrost wrote:
Demonic Angel wrote:

Discuss.

Impossible.

Guys, this guy's scum.
thought I'd let you know along with a progress update: page 11, parama's town, magua's town, MoI's town-ish, Plum is town, sotty is town, VV is scum,
katsuki is possible but really more null scum
, gamma is town, equinox is town.... You get the idea. A lot of town reads, very few scum reads.

bolded is mine for the lulz.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ninja'd by mothrax.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Demonic Angel
Demonic Angel
Goon
Demonic Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Demonic Angel »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Faraday wrote:giving reasoning = t0own points. katsuki tell me i'm being trolled. PLZ.

Not just that; giving reasons he agrees with gets you more town points. It's the sort of analysis I'd expect from a magic eight ball; not a serious mafia player.

This post needs some pronoun clarification.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by mothrax »

RE Quadz: I just reread your whole iso again. No, you did not explain those, and if you did they were either not sufficiently explained or not explained in a way that makes them any less scummy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”