Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Faraday »

Xyl's a policy lynching pro, yes.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@NS- In Border of Touhou and Mafia Xyl pushed for a policy lynch on zwet for pretty much the entire game. There might be more history behind it but that's the only specific part I know of.

Given the activity so far the battery shouldn't be a problem d1, plus there are enough people that if moth doesn't step it up there can just be a mass vote-switch to lynch him and then go back to quadz or someone else if they scum it up a few notches in the meantime.

Personally I think if he's in the lower 50% of players in town-i-tude by the time another lynch is about to happen we should string him up, barring a lynch happening within a day and a half or so.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Parama, I'm not saying you're a easy vote because you are a bad player. It is because you are posting in a way that pisses people off. Mr big shot forum bully style. Most people react to that kind of posting negatively regardless of actual content. Plum attacking you after going after Niki isn't surprising in the least.

Nobody Special Post 267 wrote:Sottyrulez: Without getting into your specific Role PM, do you think that perhaps every player's Role PM would share certain similarities? Why or why not?

Having played in nearly all of Vi's modded games, her role PMs have been very similar in the last few games. So yes, I do think the PMs would share certain characteristics. I'm not seeing the point of this question at all however. We are not going to talk in any more detail about the wording in our role PM.

I prefer a Vas lynch over a quadz lynch at this point. He appeals to the player list on Parama and pulls the old "waa waa waa, why me?” trick with him and mothrax. His vote on mothrax is super weak and I don't even know who he thinks he is scum at this point. That's not the town Vas I have come to love.

Unvote, Vote: Vas

Parama you should get back on this wagon seeing as your vote is so lonely. Lets rock some competing wagons.

Still very much like Plum scum but not a lot is happening there right now.

~Sotty

Preview edit: In this game right here, Vi said Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game and it basically did. Ability fits claimed name perfectly.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Dammit, ninja'ed by Gamma. But if you look at the player list of that game you'll see a lot the scum were good policy lynches. Xyl pushed most of them though
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Just throwing this out there: What if AGM is lying?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

No, I don't know what he'd have to gain from it (if he is). It's just something that came unbidden into my mind.

Thanks for all the Xyl info.
....what?

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Parama »

My lonely vote is a vote on scum :/
It's lonely but also confident.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Sotty wrote:I prefer a Vas lynch over a quadz lynch at this point. He appeals to the player list on Parama and pulls the old "waa waa waa, why me?” trick with him and mothrax. His vote on mothrax is super weak and I don't even know who he thinks he is scum at this point. That's not the town Vas I have come to love.
What's so bad about appealing? I'm not too confident in my ability to read Parama, so I'm asking other people. This is scummy, why?
I've already adressed the "why me" stuff, so don't give me that bull again.
I don't get why my mothrax vote is weak. Care to say why?

Sotty, you haven't exactly seen me get wagoned before. It's a bit bad to think I'd be playing similarly when in both games we played in(SAIII, WWF), I was lurking 80% of the time.

MoI wrote:Other than either propping up your ego what scum-hunting do you expect to achieve throwing crap like this?

"Perhaps he's testing your reaction to assess you alliegence. That's totally valid, right?"

MoI wrote:1. You pop in the thread and go “Weeeeee, policy lynch Mothrax” and comment on nothing else.
2. You are claiming to be getting a read on him with this vote. Yet you aren’t questioning him about his posts.
3. Unless prodded with a pointy stick you’ve more or less avoided actively doing any scum-hunting (yes … I said it again) or giving solid reads.
4. Your scum suspicions more or less revolve around those pressing you. You can’t even claim Newb status to hide behind that.

1. Adressed this, I don't comment on anything that don't stand out to me. You like to keep complaining about shit I already talked about?
2. Because he's not posting yet. Duh. How the fuck am I supposed to ask him anything when all he has done is "I'M ANGRY AT AGM, BTW QUADZ IS SCUM.".
3. Glad to know you know you're repeating yourself.
4. Heh, t'is how I work.

It's weird that you are attacking me for my playstyle when you know damn well how I play. We have butt heads enough for you to get a feel on how I play, yet you're still attacking me for the same shit you have attacked me when in ALL games we've been in I have been Town.

MoI wrote:You obviously missed the sarcasm.

Faraday didn’t make his first post and vote saying “Herp, Policy lynch”. You did. Continue to pretend that your votes are analogous though.

Furthermore your vote languishes on Mothrax while you’ve actively called others scummy. Faraday is at least moving his votes around to players he’s calling scum.

One shows Pro-Town intentions. One doesn’t. Can you figure out which is which?
This link between you and Faraday is all sorts of weird.

I don't get why you are explaining Faraday's play for him. Although there are more pressing matters to be done namely...
*turns away from MoI*
HEY GUYS LET'S PLAY A GAME. IT'S CALLED SPOT THE CONTRADICTION.

In the two MoI quotes above, (all from the same post!) MoI has given contradictory stances on what he thinks about me!

The winner receives my bro-love and a possible Town read!(provided you are not scum, and your name is not Faraday)

Seraphim wrote:VV, let's fight again, that was fun.

Sure! Let's fight about MoI, mothrax and Parama. Read up on them, and then get back to me.

Tags fixed. ~Vi
Last edited by Vi on Thu May 05, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Parama »

VV: My game was better
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

ERgh. Failtags.

I cast Summon Vi. I use the magic spell "Modfix!"

PEDIT.

Parama wrote:VV: My game was better
What game are you talking about? :|
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Equinox wrote:
Katsuki, why do you even join games at all?

Okay, I'm starting to rage a little at how hard it is to read some of you people. I'm looking at Katsuki, Nobody Special, Parama, Plum, and VasudeVa.

For some strange reason these two statements don't mesh together too well for me.

The list also is a flexible pool of players that Equinox can go back to later to call either scum or town at her leisure.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Faraday »

town null town null scum are the correct reads for those people atm anyway.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by singersigner »

It seems as though I've been misunderstood and/or people haven't read what I wrote. I'll explain when I'm not on quadz's phone.

No I haven't caught up fully yet.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Regfan side of the head here. I've been reading through this thread for the past hour attempting to catch up, finally done so and I'm going to be V/LA for the next 2-3 days so G will have to take control then as well.

I have a lot of town reads but G thinks it's better to withold them for now so I'll do so. I don't like the VV votes, intially I did but his last few posts scream town. I've played with him before when he was scum, he tends to avoid the case against him rather than full on confront it. I can understand the Quadz votes, leaning scum on him though I think there's too much focus on him right now, he's likely to become easier to read later into the game. Paramas arrogance and rage is a town-tell, Magua you should know better than to vote him here.

Lets take a look at VP's post for a second. In this post he:
1. Fencesits over Niki Minaj providing a massive overexplanation over why he has a null-read on her.
2. Asks "Does he always play defensively like this when he's town?" in regards to Quarz. I've read over this multiple times and everytime I read it the phrasing seems to imply he thinks Quadz is town however he votes Quadz in this post.
3. States he isn't going to be sure Sotty is town unless he dies and flips town? Okay...that's just fluff.

In this post he states he'll stop posting for the sake of the game, this is at 1:21pm. He then posts at 1:30pm, 5:07pm, 8:35pm, 8:39pm, 9:05pm and 9:47pm with none of these posts providing showing active signs of scumhunting.

Unvote, Vote VP Baltar
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Plum »

Faraday wrote:Maybe twice? But I read a bunch of his games for judging the scummies, it's more of a 'town tell' in general than a parama tell, I'm not saying it's specific to him, town are more likely to get actually angry in general and I think it's hard to fake.

Fair enough. Frankly the read I get off it is FAKE though. Capital letters the way through.

Re: Playersize: I usually expect Town-Parama to take a different role in the Day game than he's taken here thus far. Many factors might account for that, including but far from limited to allegiance.

VPB - I say if Mothrax starts seriously lurking we lynch him for all we're worth. At this rate we have a fair amount of Battery-time ahead of us.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I'm inclined to agree with Duplicity's statements about VV.

I just remembered MaCO as well.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Equinox »

Katsuki wrote:For some strange reason these two statements don't mesh together too well for me.

The list also is a flexible pool of players that Equinox can go back to later to call either scum or town at her leisure.

If you join a large game and then proceed to whine when it hits 2-3 pages that there are "too many walls" for you to read, I have the right to complain.

I can go back later and call anyone, regardless of whether or not they are on my rage list, either scum or town at my own leisure. That's not scummy; in fact, it's called "scum hunting." You know.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Katsuki »

"HALP I CAN'T READ THESE PLAYERS SO I'LL JUST PLACE THEM HERE SO THAT I CAN CALL THEM WHATEVER ALLEGIANCE IS MOST USEFUL TO ME LATER ON"
is not scumhunting.

It'd be just like me going through and saying I can't read a single player. It's not scumhunting.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, wow, it's totally scummy to say I need to reread some players.

I've got nothing further to say to you if that's seriously how you think.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Kat, why are you focusing on Equi when I said essentially the same thing?
....what?

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Magua »

Nobody Special wrote:Just throwing this out there: What if AGM is lying?

Then he gets lynched D2, and that would be win.

Now, the two questions for you NS:

Q1. Would you vig someone N0?
Q2. Do you think mothrax is town?

Duplicity wrote:Paramas arrogance and rage is a town-tell, Magua you should know better than to vote him here.

If you think my vote is scum-motivated, feel free to vote me. Otherwise, my vote goes where I damn well please.

Parama can do tunneling and arrogant. Parama does this in Consulmaker II, so I'm familiar with that. (Parama spent pretty much the entirety of the game tunneling on a single town.) I'm not familiar with Parama-scum play, but, then again, my vote isn't on Parama for meta-reasons to begin with.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Magua wrote:Now, the two questions for you NS:

Q1. Would you vig someone N0?
Q2. Do you think mothrax is town?

1) If I were 1-shot, no. If I were unlimited, yes.

2) Far too early to tell, reliably. I need more to work with. Gut is leaning slightly town, though (meta).
....what?

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Magua »

Nobody Special wrote:1) If I were 1-shot, no. If I were unlimited, yes.

Great. So assume that AlmasterGM N0 vigged mothrax, except, now, the town has to agree or it didn't happen.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

No, no, NO. He appears to be a 1-shot that's restricted to the first day.

AGM, correct?
....what?

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Magua »

Yes, it is one-shot, yes, it is today only. That changes nothing of what I said.

Assume that AlmasterGM N0 vigged mothrax, except, now, the town has to agree or it didn't happen.

Does town agree? Mothrax is dead, costing us nothing. Just like if Almaster vigged him N0.
Does town not agree? Nothing happens.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”