Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Gammagooey »

READS:
quadz is showing that I am clearly good at random voting with him calling out vote-switches on him without doing much else.

AGM I really wish had waited until around halfway through the day to bring up the policy lynch- if moth hadn't been posting much content/was moderately scummy then he'd get insta-noosed instead of him knowing that he has to be around to have a chance of surviving. The policy lynch choice is fine but provable power that would be really dumb to give to scum is making my GLARE-O-VISION act up- there's no reason at all why it couldn't be a scum power, it would basically just be one less town member for free assuming AGM-scums. Also I hate his I HAVE TO RESPOND TO ALL THIS NONSENSE but that's more personally irritating than it is scummy.

similar early reads as to faraday- seraphim is town and ooba is a town lean.

Nicki is more likely town than not IMO- mostly gut

Plum has me paranoid with the big ol' wall post pointing out a how scummy Nicki is on page 3- It's page 3, and most of the points are pushed about as far as they can possibly be taken- it's like trying to make a case on someone and going through their whole iso to find every point instead of looking at the overall play to find out whether or not they're scum. And there's no mention of anyone else in the game except my domain thing being shiny.

I wanna see more posts from Duplicity.

Aaaand I should PROBABLY be voting sotty until they explain what flavor they have exactly but I don't feel like moving my vote from quadz right now.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Actually yeah the more I think about it the more it looks like sotty was trying to make the miller claim look better instead of just saying what was in the role PM.

Vote: sottyrulez
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:35 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Gamma, what game are you talking about? I don't remember being in a marathon with you.

I do remember being in a sykedoc marathon game, but that was the one where me, Nikanor and SaintKerrigan were Town aligned "Mafia" mason docs going against VP/Amished/magnus_orion etc. :? Hmm.. actually, I don't remember the other players though... although it that's the game you're talking, I'll ask you a question. How did that game end? I know how it ended, I wanna know if you know too so that I'll know if we were on the same game.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I was in that game, I think the 7-player was right before it.
I actually have a screenshot of the town aligned mafia one ending but not the 7-player one >:[

SK and you lynched Amished, the bad cop, for town winz.
Also in that game we lynched VP Baltar-scums d1 with like 9 votes out of 12 players.
It was amazing.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:39 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Eh?

The flavor is a passive ability called Trollspeak, this ability returns allegiance investigations as mafia and no result to all other investigations. We also can not be neighborized due to this passive ability.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VP Baltar wrote:@DDD - what do you think is the optimal town strategy with the domains? Is there any advantage to mass claiming domains as someone (Seraphim?) suggested? Are we better randomly worshiping and casting? Same question goes to anyone that played in POWERFUL WIZARDS mafia...or whatever it's called.

If someone has a useful and falsifiable reason for domain and/or alignment claiming then I'd be in favor of it, but far too often you do something like that and people try to play outguess the mod isntead of scumhunting.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, oh I remember that game now. That was ridiculous.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:44 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Well, that's accurate. I still don't remember you in it though but my memory's always bad anyway. (Trololol VP scum D1 lynch.)

...actually, I don't know why I even asked this after you outright claimed your breadcrumb. :? Where was I going with this again? -_-
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Gammagooey »

sottyrulez wrote:Eh?

The flavor is a passive ability called Trollspeak, this ability returns allegiance investigations as mafia and no result to all other investigations. We also can not be neighborized due to this passive ability.

So does it actually say in the ability something like 'due to lack of understanding you can't be neighborized & your allegiance will be seen as mafia' or is it just the ability name and then a description of what it means game-wise?

@VV- i dunnoooooo.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@VV-Also you probably don't remember me because I died n1 both games.
*fist shaking*
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:51 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I paraphrased the passive ability in about the same detail as how it's written in the role pm.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Eh.
I'm not SUPER happy with that but quadz is still scummier than you and I can see it making sense so

Vote: quadz08
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:03 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Gamma is town. Overly paranoid, but town. I can see where he is coming from and our info seems to match up.

Unvote, Vote: Plum

Yeah I like this vote

~Sotty
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:@DDD - what do you think is the optimal town strategy with the domains? Is there any advantage to mass claiming domains as someone (Seraphim?) suggested? Are we better randomly worshiping and casting? Same question goes to anyone that played in POWERFUL WIZARDS mafia...or whatever it's called.

If someone has a useful and falsifiable reason for domain and/or alignment claiming then I'd be in favor of it, but far too often you do something like that and people try to play outguess the mod isntead of scumhunting.

Yeah, though I think anyone trying to outguess Vi is pretty much guaranteed to lose anyhow. The reason I see for claiming domains is so that people can be more well informed about who they are boosting each night. I don't think there probably needs to be coordinated boosting, just putting that information out there so at night it can be like "well I generally think player X, Y and Z are all town and they all share the Will domain, so I'll worship that tonight."

If no one played in Powerful Wizards mafia (did Plum? I thought she played all Spyrex games), then I guess I will have to look into it myself to see when and if domains were ever claimed in it.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:27 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Greetings to everyone I know …. which is more or less everyone in the game.

Gamma, DDD and Rayfrost get individual salutations for being the only players I’ve never played a game with.

--

Unfortunately I think Katsuki is Town. I wanted her to be scum because she’s an easy catch but without Fate or LLD to mindlessly defend her there is no way as Scum she’d go out of her way to antagonize me with her ‘Random’ first vote.

Gamma is obv-Town.

I’m in support of a Mass Domain claim. IMO it will allow people to more carefully consider their worship choices based on their Dayplay reads.

AGM’s claim is a whole big bag of Null. Not choosing Nobody Special as obv-Policy Lynch is meh. If Mothrax plays Pants on Head scummy we use the free lynch to test AGM’s claim. Not an Alligence tell at all that I can see.

--

Quadz wrote:P-Edit: Miller claim is +townpoints for sottyrulez.

It should be at best Null dependent on Sottyrulez’s play.

What do you think of Gamma’s ‘delayed’ Miller claim?

--

Equinox is a gut scum read – the 39 to 41 exchange is terribly bad.

“Nicki is asking fluffly horrible questions” (while Nicki is under pressure)

Faraday – Are you scum Equinox?

“Oops, made a mistake. Nicki is Town, wagon Quadz instead”

Equinox wrote:Anyway... hitogoroshi, AlmasterGM does have a point. This is a silly power to give to scum; it's not like scum particularly benefit from double day.

Please explain who scum would not benefit from a free mislynch if Mothrax is Town. I’m dying to know. Because AGM hasn’t claimed anything that gives him insight into Mothrax’s alignment as his choice.

--

Plum wrote:Why do you refer to this as 'theory speculation' given that it's an open question about mechanics, not a speculation (unless you mean to imply the speculation that alignment Evil = scum)???

Way too strained an effort to stratify the question’s basis when the premise (Evil may equal scum), at least form my point of view, may hold water.

Nothing in my role-PM makes any indication that Evil isn’t possible scum. Gamma’s late Miller claim combined with his claimed Alignment seems to support this. Scum points to Plum.

Plum wrote:This is not a straight 'No' sort of answer to 'are you scum'. That is scumpoints right there.

What response would you expect? There is one obvious answer to that question regardless of the player’s true Allegience – “No I’m not”

Unless you are anticipating a Lie Detector (which in a game like this is certainly possible) it’s at best a Null question with scum-hunting upside.

--

Hito wrote:What is this I don't even

Faraday is town for 45.

So Faraday is Town for voting Quadz, ostensibly because he is scum. Yet your vote isn’t on Quadz when you posted this and you didn’t change you vote. It instead is on Nobody Special, who had yet to post.

Yeah, that’s scumtastic. Damn, Nicki beat me to that observation.

And Hito’s response at 86 not impressive. I don’t buy at all the premise that “Is this a serious vote?” is a scum-tell. Sorry, seen it too many times from Town. Thus Faraday’s reaction to 44 isn’t obv-Town.

--

Nicki wrote:Um...yes? Because every player in this game should be a high priest of a Scummer, as opposed to the Scummer himself?

Mina dear if that is the case why would scum Zach not know that fact?

--

AGM wrote:You have to think of things in terms of catchability as well. In Trader and Bomb, he was easyscum. If I have a free policy lynch D1, I'd much rather use it on the person who you can never read and doesn't contribute than the person who will soon reveal himself to be obvscum.

In this player list do you have any expectations that scum-NS will not lurk like a champ? Seriously – it doesn’t take much for him to settle into a nice little groove of doing nothing.

AGM wrote:Also, even if mothrax wasn't NUMBER ONE choice, I'd still say he's at LEAST 2 or 3. So I don't see why we are complaining about a free lynch (remember, it's FREE).

1. Maybe because few people hold your personal feelings about Mothrax?
2. A free lynch is only good if it is likely to hit scum. Otherwise it only benefits scum. It's not like Mothrax is inherently bad on a Shotty / Furc level.

--

VV wrote:Well this is easy.

Vote: mothrax

I'll probably be voting for quadz after we're done with mothrax.
hito seems Town. Town hito is a wall posting baddy. Never seen a scum hito before so YMMV.

Scummy bad vote plus the rest of his post dedicated to saying nothing about Hito that’s effectively solid.

Into the scum pool with you.

--

VPB wrote:I dont' really buy all the people going "policy lynch = ZOMG BAD"

Why? Policy lynches should be reserved for the Worst of the Worst. The Furculows and DrMyShotty’s of the world. Realistically the only player on the list even CLOSE to that stature is Nobody Special.

--

Sottyrulez wrote:Paraphrased, our flavor with being a miller is that Troll speak effects the reading of our Allegiance.

Hmmm. I don’t see anything remotely flavor related in my Role PM. In light of the sample Miller PM not having flavor and Gamma’s statement I’m finding this suspect.

Sottyrulez wrote:The flavor is a passive ability called Trollspeak, this ability returns allegiance investigations as mafia and no result to all other investigations. We also can not be neighborized due to this passive ability.

Not sure that a description of an ability should be classified as flavor. Sottyrulez allegiance needs further examination.

I do like the Plum vote ... hmmmmm.

--

TL : DR
– Equinox and VV are strongly leading the scum pack. Plum and Hito are in the pool. Need to see more from Sottyrulez.

VOTE: VV – Bandwagon away ….
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:36 am

Post by sottyrulez »

MagnaofIllusion Post 139 wrote:
Sottyrulez wrote:Paraphrased, our flavor with being a miller is that Troll speak effects the reading of our Allegiance.

Hmmm. I don’t see anything remotely flavor related in my Role PM. In light of the sample Miller PM not having flavor and Gamma’s statement I’m finding this suspect.

Sottyrulez wrote:The flavor is a passive ability called Trollspeak, this ability returns allegiance investigations as mafia and no result to all other investigations. We also can not be neighborized due to this passive ability.

Not sure that a description of an ability should be classified as flavor. Sottyrulez allegiance needs further examination.

I do like the Plum vote ... hmmmmm.

I'm not sure how the description of our passive ability Trollspeak doesn't look like flavor. You're picking on semantics and that's silly. We don't have lines and lines of flavor or anything. It's one line explaining to us we're a miller. Zorblag is known for Trollspeak, so it's a sprinkle of flavor.

Someone (Hito I think) asked what the flavor with our miller claim was. So.... I'm not seeing your problem here.

~Sotty
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Faraday »

MAGUA VOTE QUADZ RIGHT NOW
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:43 am

Post by sottyrulez »

hitogoroshi Post 95 wrote:Just thought of something. sottyrulez, any flavor as for why a Priest(ess) of Troll is a miller?

sottyrulez Post 118 wrote:Paraphrased, our flavor with being a miller is that Troll speak effects the reading of our Allegiance.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:43 am

sottyrulez wrote:I'm not sure how the description of our passive ability Trollspeak doesn't look like flavor. You're picking on semantics and that's silly. We don't have lines and lines of flavor or anything. It's one line explaining to us we're a miller. Zorblag is known for Trollspeak, so it's a sprinkle of flavor.

Someone (Hito I think) asked what the flavor with our miller claim was. So.... I'm not seeing your problem here.

~Sotty

My issue is that you construed it as flavor. I don't see that at flavor at all. From your description the ability reads something like this.

Trollspeak - You will show as Mafia to any Allegience investigations. You cannot be Neigbhorized.

Doesn't make sense to me. Sorry if that confounds you.

That said you never answered Gamma's question (or if you did I missed it) regarding the Neighborize feature of you role. Can you clear that up or point me to a post number?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@VP- I was in Wizards, we massclaimed spell schools and abilities d2 and set up a night action plan. It KINDA worked- we had a mass block one night and no kill after lynching right on MYLO that gave us an extra lynch because of it, but the most obvious town in the game was secretly scum and no killed instead of actually blocking that kill so uh...yeah.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:48 am

Faraday wrote:MAGUA VOTE QUADZ RIGHT NOW

Are you psychic and somehow know that Magua is on the forums? Because he hasn't posted yet.

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Faraday »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Faraday wrote:MAGUA VOTE QUADZ RIGHT NOW

Are you psychic and somehow know that Magua is on the forums? Because he hasn't posted yet.

yeah, he was browsing the forum and i wanted another quADZ VOTER BUT NOW HE'S GONE.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Faraday »

lol i wish i was psychic :(
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:52 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Do you mean this?

Gammagooey Post 133 wrote:
sottyrulez wrote:Eh?

So does it actually say in the ability something like 'due to lack of understanding you can't be neighborized & your allegiance will be seen as mafia' or is it just the ability name and then a description of what it means game-wise?

Because, yes we did. On the same page no less.

sottyrulez Post 135 wrote:I paraphrased the passive ability in about the same detail as how it's written in the role pm.

We are getting way too close to quoting our role PM than I would like in post 129 so that's all you will get from us.

To be clear, I used Hito's word flavor in response to his question. I also think having a ability called Trollspeak is a little sprinkling of flavor into our PM seeing as Troll is known for that.

Rereading through Gamma's miller claim, it actually looks very similar to ours, and in light of him claiming alignment, I'm going to point out that our alignment is also lawful evil which is another reason we believe him to be town.

~Sotty
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:54 am

Ok, it wasn't clear in my read-through. Thanks.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”