Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Surye »

SensFan wrote:
Surye wrote:You clearly missed my point. I believe his wagon will be useless regarding information, and I believe him surviving on is dangerous to town. Did I not make that clear, or do you find them mutually exclusive?

Do you think his wagon will suddenly gain information if it happens 3 days from now?

Nope, which is why it sucks we're in this position. But I do think he hurts town's chance of winning the longer he is alive, because regardless of what Zin says, claiming VT pregame IS wifom. And the misinformation and confusion will be clear to one side only, scum. That is dangerous. Add to it the PR list narrowing (and vez saying PR roles don't matter, pfft), and I still think he needs to be eliminated asap to prevent these issues. My idea was an attempt at allowing us another bandwagon and lynch today that could be more fruitful, and still take care of the vez problem, but apparently there's some game theory issues I was not taking into account in that plan, so it may be a bad plan. Which would explain why my vote hasn't moved, because my premise never moved.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Or you painted yourself into that corner and now you have to play it out.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:48 am

Post by mozamis »

Amrun wrote:I'm honestly kind of tired of the theory discussion. I agree with the round of prods. Want more content rather than theory. Differing theories are null tells and a waste of time.

quote for truth.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 am

Post by mozamis »

Porochaz wrote:Im not saying your scum. Im saying your bad for town.

If the guy isn't scum, we dont lynch him.
I totally disagree with all that "bad for town"stuff -its normally just a way of saying " I don't like this person". I do not care if he is the worst or best player in the world, if we don't think he is scum, we don't lynch him.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Porochaz »

Do you want to read my posts in relation to my other posts? I'm not recommending him for lynch (at that point) and also your wrong (and right) I don't like vezok, but he is bad for town. Every game I have played with him he has been detrimental to town. Hell he already has been detrimental to town in this game, all it takes is a bit of research. Something you haven't done, so let me do it for you -

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14357 - claimed early tried to claim in first post. General nuisance all game, replaced out in a blaze of glory.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 54&t=15261 - replaced out after 2 posts of nothing, which actually is an improvement on other games (and actually I found out I call him valerie, sorry, you will now be known as valerie, not deidre)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14803 - claimed early insisting he caught scum. He hadn't Jailkeeper down the drain.

These are the games Ive played with him, there are others who wont play with him, there are a number of mods who wont let him into their games. There is a reason why I say what I do.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:49 am

Post by SensFan »

mozamis wrote:
Porochaz wrote:Im not saying your scum. Im saying your bad for town.

If the guy isn't scum, we dont lynch him.
I totally disagree with all that "bad for town"stuff -its normally just a way of saying " I don't like this person". I do not care if he is the worst or best player in the world, if we don't think he is scum, we don't lynch him.

Yes, it would actually be a
really really good thing
if Vezok is alive in a 3p endgame. We're all just saying we want him dead because we're really mean.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Porochaz »

He also has cooties.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 am

Post by HezLucky »

Unvote, Vote: Toon Fighter

I shoulda unvoted. My reasoning for this vote is explained in a previous post.

I've got two final exams coming up, one tomorrow and one Friday. I'm completely free after that so I will post something big at that time.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 am

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

vezokpiraka wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Vote Count #2:

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. - Morpheus

vezokpiraka (4) - (SensFan, DeathNote, Surye, Albert B. Rampage)
Surye (4) - (Internet Stranger, AGar, vezokpiraka, Zindaras)

mozamis (2) - (HezLucky, MrBuddyLee)
ToonFighter (2) - (Amrun, LlamaFluff)
DeathNote (1) - (Toon Fighter)
Albert B. Rampage (1) - (creampuffeater)
SensFan (1) - (Primate)
AGar (1) - (BrianMcQueso)
Amrun (1) - (Porochaz)
Bamboomancer (1) - (Kison)

With 25 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Reminder: Votes will not be counting without preceding unvotes.

Prods will be coming tomorrow, most likely

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Does anybody know MoS's stance on cults? Agent Smith comes to mind in this game...

Poor Yosarian2 and lucky MrBuddyLee know my stance on cults.

Yos, and poro.

You keep saying I'm scum and everything I did is bad for town and that I should die.
Poro is chasing a scum read ok, but Yos isn't even voting. What are you waiting for? Are you trying to hide from wagon analysis?

Uh. I voted for you back at the very start of the day. I guess it didn't count because I didn't unvote first, even though I wasn't voting anyone? That's kind of a silly rule. Anyway, let me fix that.
unvote
Vote:vezokpiraka
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:30 am

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

vezokpiraka wrote:
Sorry this makes no sense. Let's say you lynch me here just to teach me a lesson. You then proceed to lose the game, because of bad playing and other factors. I come back to the thread and see that people who lynched me for bad play actually lost the game so they aren't players as good as they think. How does that make me want to learn to become like one of you.

If your goal is to survive, and you get lynched every time you claim at the start of day 1 for no reason, then if you have any ability to learn at all, you'll stop claiming at the start of day 1 for no reason. It's not that complicated.

That's not why I'm voting for you, but it doesn't mean it's not correct.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Bah, stupid hydra account.

Anyway, for the third time,
unvote
Vote:vezokpiraka
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Zindaras »

Yos: could you please tell me what you think of Surye, AGar, Albert and Brian?
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:36 am

Post by mozamis »

vez wagon is looking like cyber bullying.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Amrun »

Porochaz wrote:
Porochaz wrote:
vote amrun
do something original, something that others people haven't done. Maybe you could go into detail about the TF case as its notoriously thin atm. Also you havent made a post I like thus far.

This is not a question. What response do you want from this? "Wah, you don't like meeeee why nooooottt?"

No. Sorry.

I'll make a case on TF when I am good and ready to. I want to see him and others post more before I do so. That is why I seconded your request for a round of prods and made a statement asking for less theory discussion and more content.

You complaining about vezok being in too many large games, for example, is not game content. You badgering me about answering a question you haven't asked is not original content either.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote:Yos: could you please tell me what you think of Surye, AGar, Albert and Brian?

Albert looks town-ish. He COULD do this as scum, but I don't really see why he would (unless he just hates playing with Vezo THAT much.) For the most part, though, his play has that "I don't give a crap what anyone thinks because I'm town" feel to it.

Brian looks town-ish.

I'm kind of null on both Surye and Agar at the moment.

Agar could be town white-knighting someone for meta reasons, although the odds of Agar being town go way do if Vezo flips scum.

I'm kind of null on Surye at the moment. The wagon against him feels town driven, but I'm not really convinced by it. He could go either way.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Zindaras »

AGar wrote:
BrianMcQueso wrote:
AGar wrote:
Some people go into games with players they won't lynch D1
without a massive event happening, for one reason or another. For some it's Glork, for others it's Fate. For me this game, it's Vezok. One of you would have to provide something that can't happen at this point (a la, a night action)
for me to consider his lynch today
, not with so many people going "Ooh, easy wagon!" There are a million and one better candidates than Vezok right now. Like Surye or ABR.

So, you came into this game knowing you wouldn't lynch Vezok? And there's no way we can convince you otherwise? You're admitting personal bias, and you're saying the only thing to convince you otherwise is with a night action. Which is funny, considering that most people seem to be saying that actually using investigations on Vezok would be a terrible idea.

Your actions are not helping the town.

You're either braindead or scum. Take your pick.

Vezok claimed VT pre-game. Once the game opened, that put him on the no D1 lynch list for me. There are more fruitful choices than someone who claimed VT pre-game like he almost always does.

And if you'd learn to read, I said that the only things that would convince me otherwise
couldn't happen (a la, a night action)
MEANING WE HAD NO NIGHT ZERO.

Seriously. Which is it?

If he always does it, it's a null tell. I hugely dislike the way you're acting about this issue. He is no blind machine doing the same thing over and over again.

BrianMcQueso wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
BrianMcQueso wrote:@Albert You also should stop with the personal attacks. It has no place here, for many reasons.

Excuse me?

I am being nice, sir. If you think that I should censor myself from saying that someone
annoys
me, please kindly take a step back, clear your thoughts, and come back to me with a smarter reply.

I suppose I overreacted, and I was in a bad mood considering I had just been called braindead and illiterate.

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Maybe they killed you because they find you as annoying as I do.

Nevertheless, this kind of post really doesn't contribute to the game.

No. I agree with you on this. I have no interest in insults and whatever. I accede that MS is a dramafest but go do it somewhere else, please. We're stuck with what we have and we'll have to do the best we can with it. Policy lynching Vezok is just random. We can do better than random.

Surye wrote:My ideas to come up with a solution to the problems I listed seem to have struck a cord with some as scummy and anti-town. I'm okay with them not being good ideas, and to be honest, with this day already a mess, they are desperate to find something to find scummy and wagon. But the speed in which some people jumped on against me is very interesting. Especially Agar and Vez.

Zindaras wrote:WIFOM does not exist.

Also, this post contradicts both with your earlier post and your still-present vote on Vez. You apparently find the wagon to be useless regarding information, yet you're still on it. Leading the Cop is also a no-no.

Feeling pretty good about my Surye vote right now.

You clearly missed my point. I believe his wagon will be useless regarding information, and I believe him surviving on is dangerous to town. Did I not make that clear, or do you find them mutually exclusive?

If his survival is inherently dangerous to the town, there was no reason to lead the Cop to investigate him: he would have to die regardless of his alignment. Beyond that, I've seen zero proof of his danger to the town. I will concede that he's no PJ or Glork but if he's a townie then he's most certainly not a
danger

Also:

Surye wrote:Okay, reading the pregame and day so far, I like the Vez bandwagon. Since a lynch would, especially D1 with as little information based on PR due to no n0, be either best case senario, or second to best (scum, or no PR). I'm fine with taking as much time as we want on the actual lynch, however scum and town alike will be likely to lynch him, in either case. Bussing someone who claims VT, especially one that has meta from others as a bad player/policy lynch regardless of the claim, leads little information on the bandwagon itself.

I think unfortunately with his claim, we've lost a chance at a lot of information we could have acquired on D1, and we're going to end it with much less for the PRs to go on in the night.

So,
Vote: Vez

There's no "Vez is a danger to the town regardless of his alignment" there.

vezokpiraka wrote:Those suspecting AGar and me as scum: Because we all know that scums protect each other so hard that is the best way to go. Seriously if oyu are town and thikning that please go back and say it louder a few times.

As close as this comes to WIFOM, it's an utterly irrelevant statement. Also, it only makes me think that you are scum together more, rather than less.

Surye wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Surye wrote:You clearly missed my point. I believe his wagon will be useless regarding information, and I believe him surviving on is dangerous to town. Did I not make that clear, or do you find them mutually exclusive?

Do you think his wagon will suddenly gain information if it happens 3 days from now?

Nope, which is why it sucks we're in this position. But I do think he hurts town's chance of winning the longer he is alive, because regardless of what Zin says, claiming VT pregame IS wifom. And the misinformation and confusion will be clear to one side only, scum. That is dangerous. Add to it the PR list narrowing (and vez saying PR roles don't matter, pfft), and I still think he needs to be eliminated asap to prevent these issues. My idea was an attempt at allowing us another bandwagon and lynch today that could be more fruitful, and still take care of the vez problem, but apparently there's some game theory issues I was not taking into account in that plan, so it may be a bad plan. Which would explain why my vote hasn't moved, because my premise never moved.

Hi. WIFOM most certainly does not exist*. And it even more certainly is not WIFOM to claim vanilla pre-game. I'm not even sure what the WIFOM there would actually be. That he is a vanilla or not or that he's scum or not? Beyond that, misinformation and confusion do not just benefit the scum. Otherwise, we'd mass claim D1 every game. Don't be silly. PR list narrowing...is a marginal issue. Sure, it's an issue, but it makes no sense to play the numbers for that 2% and just give up on D1.

Medicated Lain wrote:Other notes:
What is up with people voting for Surye? I don't follow that, could I get an explanation?

Surye wrote:Okay, reading the pregame and day so far, I like the Vez bandwagon. Since a lynch would, especially D1 with as little information based on PR due to no n0, be either best case senario, or second to best (scum, or no PR). I'm fine with taking as much time as we want on the actual lynch, however scum and town alike will be likely to lynch him, in either case. Bussing someone who claims VT, especially one that has meta from others as a bad player/policy lynch regardless of the claim, leads little information on the bandwagon itself.

I think unfortunately with his claim, we've lost a chance at a lot of information we could have acquired on D1, and we're going to end it with much less for the PRs to go on in the night.

So,
Vote: Vez

This is the main starting point that makes the alarm bells ring for me.

1: I don't actually understand the second sentence, but that may be my sleepy state.
2: "There can be no information gained from this lynch." This is of course a patently false statement but regardless, it's just a nice way of saying "Don't analyse this vote." This basically tells me that he's shoring up his defenses for after the lynch, which I think is a definite scum-move.
3: The whole post reeks of "we should lynch vezok and not care about his alignment." This is a position which really troubles me, not just from Surye but also from Yossy and Deathnote.
4: The vote is quite wagony.

Surye wrote:The key here is there is no night 0, without that dimension, day 1 sucks information wise, especially with a VT claim. I know, I've said this, but I wanted to emphasis the n0 point.

Additionally, we can attempt another wagon, and use that for analysis, however tomorrow we'll have the vez problem, or the next night, or the next, each time, the PR roles being more at risk, and providing less over all information to the town. If you don't believe me, look at Poro's analysis and extrapolate the numbers. He has the least negative effect to the town as a day 1 lynch in this current setup and situation. I strongly believe in that.

Again, I think the numbers excuse is ridiculous and Surye feels to me like he's actively trying to force the mathematical explanation on people. Note that Vezok's alignment is never in question.

Surye wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Surye wrote:
SensFan wrote:"Let's move to another wagon for information, get them to claim, and then come back to the guy we already know we want to lynch and already claimed Vanilla" is worse.

Why?

Please tell me you do actually see the problem with that statement. Please.

I don't deny there is an issue with that situation, my problem is that I see a problem in both situations, and I'm trying to figure out what the best answer is.

• I believe VezTown really messed up, and hurt town with his action and that's unfortunate. However every town
    is
    an important number.
  • I believe VezScum is using basic wifom to cause confusion and arguing in a way that is not helpful to scum hunting.
  • I think lynching Vez D1 is pretty much a no-tell, and in further thought, this wagon is not helpful either, which as I've been saying means no information.
  • The odds of VezTown vs VezScum is what I think dictates whether it is in towns best interest for an early lynch. I have not fully assessed that, partially because of the inherent problem with analyzing what is essentially a wifom.
  • Sensfan is right, if we leave the Vez wagon for someone else, we can't have an intention of going back, as a spineless wagon is just as useless. I did not think that through.

So given my thoughts above, what does someone think of this plan (thought of it while driving home, may need some help):
  • Forget Vez wagon as ultimately useless for D1.
  • Cop investigates Vez night 1. The nice thing about this is if we only have an alignment cop, that is all we need.
  • If Vez is clean, we can backburner him, and not worry about addressing issues of action tampering, since we have no real claims yet.
  • If Vez comes up dirty, we have D2 lynch, save risking a power role, and give slight incentive to kill Vez N1 as it would prevent a mislynch D2. In this case we'd need to then begin protecting the cop.

Thoughts?

After forcing upon us the whole numbers reason, we now suddenly get a completely different plan. Besides the obvious problems with leading the Cop, we also have the issue I just explained to Surye that this plan just doesn't make any sense given the whole numbers argument. Surye wants to lynch Vezok to keep the potential pool of power roles as large as possible: this plan would actually reduce the pool quite strongly. Hence, this makes me think Surye is scum even more. It reeks of him trying to get Vezok lynched in whatever way is necessary, regardless of the arguments.

*Except for some small exceptions. This is most certainly not one.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Porochaz »

mozamis wrote:vez wagon is looking like cyber bullying.

Then you should really learn to read.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Porochaz »

Amrun wrote:
Porochaz wrote:
Porochaz wrote:
vote amrun
do something original, something that others people haven't done. Maybe you could go into detail about the TF case as its notoriously thin atm. Also you havent made a post I like thus far.

This is not a question. What response do you want from this? "Wah, you don't like meeeee why nooooottt?"

No. Sorry.

I'll make a case on TF when I am good and ready to. I want to see him and others post more before I do so. That is why I seconded your request for a round of prods and made a statement asking for less theory discussion and more content.

You complaining about vezok being in too many large games, for example, is not game content. You badgering me about answering a question you haven't asked is not original content either.

I don't dislike you. But your response does suggest you have fuck all on Toon Fighter, as I expected. I would have also liked at least some form of thing saying "that's not true these are the original things Ive done in this game" so you failed there... Oh and btw if you want less theory discussion and more content, erm... how about providing some?! So yeah wasn't really a question but there was opportunity there to make a post that was actually worth something, I left the door open pretty wide, but in the end resounding failure and you look fairly scummy as a result.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Porochaz »

So Valerie... let me try and state my feelings concisely because I think I may have failed to do so in the past.

I could take the approach Albert is taking and noone would bat an eyelid, I've made no secret that I think Valerie is a detriment to the site overall and that as long as he doesn't play in any newbie games or learns to play the game properly he will remain in my bad graces. He is too arrogant to learn and thinks his way is correct despite people willing to help him realise why he may have gone wrong. He plays what is essentially a team game selfishly and as an individual. We have fought before in games. I wouldn't lead a policy lynch on him though, that's too easy, regardless of alignment. Im not sure Id even join one, in general I don't agree with policy lynches.

That said however, if I feel he is not going to be playing to towns best interests then I think it's important that he not be around for long. This is where I felt that - (italisized)
First post: They have a 2% better chance to hit a PR and that is not such a big thing. Also on another site I play games usually have only PR so I get frustrated here when I get vanilla and vanilla again and again.
Also I don't think PRs are such a big deal. And I don't care if they get killed
. Also read Cthulu.

Second post: In this case we did indeed get a lot of reactions out of players. I didn't say the only important thing is wagon analysis.
I said it is one of the most important things.

Now with anyone else that would be scummy in itself. If I quoted that with the highlighted bit, people would be all over that. Also if we are continuing with my case, the post I quoted had made up an imaginary situation where we didn't already have a wealth of information from players and we all actually policy lynched. Now that, combined with the lack of knowledge of the vanilla townie role pm combined with the fact he claimed vt in his first post thus potentially helping to expose power roles or at least narrowing the field (it's 2% the first day, yes but then it can go up pretty dramatically after that), is why I am now voting.

So I have actual "I think he is scum" reasons for voting him and that is why I am voting for him but for almost exactly the same reasons I believe that even if he is town, he will cause problems for town throughout this game and to aid town in winning then it's best if he is not.

That said, if Amrun keeps posting the way he is, I'll be voting him over vezok soon enough.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:57 am

Post by SensFan »

Then grow some thicker skin. Seriously, this is a competitive team game. I'm not insulting vezok as a person in any way, but it is entirely relevant to the conversation if I think that his ability as a (hypothetical) Townie would be negligible at best. If I think he's not a very good player, then it absolutely should affect my decision about lynching him, and so it's well within the bounds of the game to bring up.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by mozamis »

Porochaz wrote:

Then you should really learn to read.

Whoah, easy. No need to be personal. I just think these attacks on Vez seem a bit too aggressive, rather than rationally trying to figure out if the guy is scum or not. There seems to be a lot of " I don't like him, lynch him". That can't be the best way forward.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by mozamis »

@Sensfan -see my above post. I just dont think hurling insults at the guy is productive.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im not being personal towards you, when this game is over I will harbour no ill-feelings towards you. However what Sens says is true, this is a game where we will argue about things and we will have disagreements. Things aren't always going to be nice and really my comment on a scale of 0 - 10 on a snark rating or a heated rating lets say barely hits 2, Sens not that much higher. This game is by all purposes aggressive, I'm not going to tone it down, I've never been asked to before by mod or player and I've never let it get out of control either.

I do get annoyed by people not reading though, which from my count you have done twice. It's the one thing that I hate more than anything (it says so on my old wiki page - http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... ldid=56901) (well in a roundabout way).

It's personal to vezok maybe but it has to be. Things in this game are going to get personal, like it or not. It happens in most games. I'm attacking Amrun at the moment and I am going to keep telling him he fails until he does something that doesn't.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Amrun »

Porochaz:

I do intend to make a case on ToonFighter, but I'm extremely busy at the moment. The day isn't ending in the next couple of days, so I don't see the point in making a full case right now when I have a lot on my plate. It's finals week for me.

I do have reasoning on Toon Fighter, but I've already stated the basic line of thought about it in the thread, so I don't feel the need to bend over backwards for you when you could simply ISO me to find it.

I have provided more content than several others playing this game and I plan to provide more when I have the time to. You really don't have any grounds to attack me for lack of content when I'm far from content-less while others still are. (Off of the top of my head, I'm thinking of GummyBear, but there are others.)

Why the selective attack on me when your reasoning about me can be applied to many others you are not attacking?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by Porochaz »

You could have ISO'd me to find the damn post in the first place. I did ISO you, I also read it and went "hmm, no reasoning there" and tried to get you to expand. The others have posted no content, I have asked for prods, I also have noticed that both frank and MBL have posted multiple times since the game has started. Difference is what you have been doing isn't not posting content, it's repeating what others are doing. Which is what I'm finding scummy and on top of that, the only original thing you have done all game you have thus far refused to expand upon!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”