RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I think he's town, but I'm not prepared to fight for him if it means waiting that much longer to get a move on. He won't be getting my vote, but if a majority of the players have him in their top two, then fine. Let's just be on with it though.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:56 am

Post by GreyICE »

RedCoyote wrote:Kcda is definitely going, no question. Zinger is a mislynch, but, whatever. I'd be willing to lose Zinger if we could just move to the next phase. Amrun or Grey would be better for the second slot.

Are you claiming to have certain knowledge of how people will flip in a two faction game?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Maxous »

1. smargaret - explained. (hopefully)

2. Zinger - Overly concious about people's opinion of what he says, too interested in people forgetting Ranger's actions and trying to discredit Doombunney's questions towards him by pointing out that Doombunney is also suspected. I see that as a mafia tactic.

3. Imaginality - I'm a bit suspicious that he only mentioned that he thinks KCD may of been rolefishing
after
the discussion is brought up again between Amrun and KCD. Why not earlier when he replaced in or soon after? Opportunistic maybe. Quite unsure about this also. I thought he might of been trying to twist Tragedy's words a bit to make her statement appear suspicious. So.. unsure of him.

4. Exe- Unsure about his attempt to push a case on Doombunney and how his attitude seems to be: Ghostwriter 'strongly looks town' therefore his actions should not be questioned etc.
8. GreyICE
9. GhostWriter
10. Amrun
11. Tragedy
12. KCD

If you are below the line I have no intention of lynching you today so don't worry too much about the order.

VOTE: Lynch
<=
Only one vote left
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:00 am

Post by GreyICE »

smargaret wrote:RC, I don't think anything's changed since I last posted my list a page ago. Zinger is obvscum now, and Maxous isn't doing much better than Chronopie.

I still need to get the bottom five sorted out, and
I will be semi-LA through Monday afternoon
, but I will PM a list to the mod as soon as I get it hammered out in case you surprise me by voting to lynch. If a vote to lynch hasn't passed by the time I get home, I'll probably vote then.

Will let smarg hammer lynch based on this.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.13

LYNCH (7/8): GhostWriter, imaginality, Exe, Doombunny9, Amrun, RedCoyote, Maxous
NO LYNCH (6): MrTrow, smargaret, Tragedy, Zinger2099, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

Deadline for Discussion Phase is 03.05.2011, 19:00 CET
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Exe »

Alright, so here's what I have to say.

I'm still seeing Max, Doom, and Zinger as the obvious top 3.

My whole Ghostwriter-ignoring thing is just that I don't feel like doing a more detailed reread on one of my town reads when I am ready for a flip.
Here's the deal. Even if GW's actions are similar to Doombunny's, his overall play has been far more pro-town, and he's not going to be in my top 2 or 3 reads anyways. And so, seeing as those are the main ones which matter, I see no reason to go overanalyzing D1 tells when I am confident in my top 3.

Tomorrow, after a flip, I guarantee you I will reanalyze each player and determine whether or not flips & associative tells need to change my read on GW. However, at this stage of the game, I see no reason for this.

Let's see a lynch.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:06 am

Post by smargaret »

I am willing to hammer to lynch, but I think we really need to agree on who's in the first spot, at least, to prevent scum from putting two townies up there that nobody really wants lynched. It appears that that person is Zinger from the last couple of pages; if everyone else agrees then I'll hammer.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:08 am

Post by GreyICE »

I also want to make this 100% official.

The ONLY claims that will let Zinger live even one day if we hammer lynch without a claim and he is in the top 2 are:

Mason
Vigilante

Anything and
EVERYTHING
else I will ignore as I gleefully scream at people to lynch him. EVERYTHING. I hammered motherfucking FATE without a fucking claim, I can and will laugh as I do the same to Zinger.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Exe »

smargaret wrote:I am willing to hammer to lynch, but I think we really need to agree on who's in the first spot, at least, to prevent scum from putting two townies up there that nobody really wants lynched. It appears that that person is Zinger from the last couple of pages; if everyone else agrees then I'll hammer.

Yeah, last game where we tried this, scum controlled the vote every damn time.

If scum put two terrible reads at the top, it'll be obvious.

Let everyone vote the way they want. This way, we can analyze votes. If you polarize everyone, you remove accountability for anything.

@GreyICE: That's why I love playing mafia with you.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

@GreyICE I am neither Mason nor Vig. I'm just a Casual Bystander.

I had this huge post typed up about why everyone shouldn't lynch me and as I reached the TL;DR part at the end I came to a realization. Everyone
should
lynch me.

Really, if you think about it, even though I am town my lynch will probably lead to the most info to be gained out of every player because EVERYBODY has made some kind of opinion about me. Looking now at everyone's cases against me, I can already see how my lynch will lead town down the road to victory.

So I've scrapped my defense. I can still win as town even while dead, and if my death brings about a win there is no better reason to die. So for that reason, I hammer myself!

VOTE: LYNCH

With my 'last post before death' I will put up cases against my top 3 suspects and why.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Tasky »

LYNCHCOUNT 1.14

LYNCH (8/8): GhostWriter, imaginality, Exe, Doombunny9, Amrun, RedCoyote, Maxous, Zinger2099
NO LYNCH (5): MrTrow, smargaret, Tragedy, Kcdaspot, GreyICE

__

You decide that it's time for someone to hang. The only question is, who will it be?

Get your lists in until 04.05.2011, 22:00 CET. I'd like to remind everyone that every list I haven't received until then will be randomized.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Tasky »

You take your time to decide, and suddenly everybody is pointing fingers:

Zinger2099 (7): smargaret, Amrun, GreyICE, Doombunny9, imaginality, Zinger2099, Exe
Kcdaspot (5): RedCoyote, Tragedy, Doombunny9, imaginality, Zinger2099
Amrun (4): RedCoyote, Tragedy, GhostWriter, MrTrow
smargaret (3): Amrun, Kcdaspot, Maxous
Maxous (3): smargaret, GreyICE, Exe
RedCoyote (1): Kcdaspot
Exe (1): Maxous
Doombunny9 (1): GhostWriter
GreyICE (1): MrTrow

Zinger2099 and Kcdaspot are now on the block. Each one of you has now ONE AND ONLY ONE post in which they may say what they want.
Approximately 48 hours from this post, I will lock the thread again and you (all) will vote to lynch.
Last edited by Tasky on Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Tragedy »

^('.'d)

Good bye, Kcdaspot. [You spelled "Thread" wrong with "threat"... Lolol. Threats..]
Apparently, the vote with Smarg/GreyICE/Exe all matched. No coincidence here, or is it...
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Tasky »

^thx, fixed.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

1. smargaret - explained. (hopefully)

2. Zinger - Overly concious about people's opinion of what he says, too interested in people forgetting Ranger's actions and trying to discredit Doombunney's questions towards him by pointing out that Doombunney is also suspected. I see that as a mafia tactic.

3. Imaginality - I'm a bit suspicious that he only mentioned that he thinks KCD may of been rolefishing afterthe discussion is brought up again between Amrun and KCD. Why not earlier when he replaced in or soon after? Opportunistic maybe. Quite unsure about this also. I thought he might of been trying to twist Tragedy's words a bit to make her statement appear suspicious. So.. unsure of him.

4. Exe- Unsure about his attempt to push a case on Doombunney and how his attitude seems to be: Ghostwriter 'strongly looks town' therefore his actions should not be questioned etc.

Little surprised that Zinger vanished from the top 2 here. What promoted Exe up from #4 Maxous?

Zinger self voted, so I think that's basically a scumclaim.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Exe »

Alright so Zinger voted for himself, and his last post was huuuuge AtE. Not to mention, Kcd as a second choice is not even a contest. Zinger is who should hang.

FoS
Maxous for taking Zinger (number 2 on your claimed list) off of your top 2. In fact, you took 2 of your top 3 out of your actual vote list. Care to explain why?

Is MrTrow actually here? I feel like his list was randomized because GreyICE as a top 2 is lulz.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Exe »

Also, forgot to say P-Edit, but I was ninja'd by both of you.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Exe »

GreyICE and I are on the same wavelength this game, lol.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Amrun »

Exe wrote:GreyICE and I are on the same wavelength this game, lol.

You, GreyICE, and smargaret are on the EXACT same wavelength, apparently...

Why Maxous, all three of you?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Exe »

I explained my read on Maxous. Both he and his predecessor gave only cursory reads and missed major points. They both attempt to give the illusion of scumhunting without actually contributing anything.

A counterquestion for you Amrun:
In your ISO post 57 you said your suspicions of Smarg had culminated in him being your #1. You seemed pretty sure at the time.
In your post 62 however, he's back to only 4th on your list without much reasoning for the drop.

Was there any reason he dropped? It reads a lot like you forgetting the person you were attacking at the time...

Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

... meh figures...

Roleclaim

ELITE BODYGAURD

I have a unlimited Time machine. I can only use it for night phases.

I can
Roleblock
twice. If i target someone they can even use their time machine let alone use their power.
I can
Vig
once. I can (should) go anywhere in time and vig someone so that their actions never happen.
I can
Protect
once. If I choose to do so, and if my target is targeted with a kill, I sacrifice myself for them.

I hesitated BADLY. This is a HUGE power role. If i did not claim here I could be certain to go down. I did this to guarantee that i would not die due to lynch. If that happened on D1 it would effectively take me and my PR out of play.

Now that I have claimed, the mafia must kill at least 5 members of the town to have a chance to take me out of play for good.

I will also out my top 3.

1. Smargret
2. RC
3. Doombunny

Zinger was not on there but he's #4. Too easy of a mislynch.

SMARG:

You really make no sense as town.

too few posts.
and as i said just a general agreement with whoever is the aggressor.
The ONLY post with a paragraph was to build a semi-case on mist.
Scum trying to build cases on easy targets... I hope you die next.

RC:
What mainly earned you a spot here is that disregarded a answer and pushing for an answer TO THE QUESTION THAT WAS ALREADY ANSWERED.
I ask again what was SOOOO terribad about that answer? Quote stripes, but with content (PRAISE THA LAWD) but you blatantly drew attention to the fact of NOT READING CHRONO'S POSTS. Yeah i know the slot obvtown NOW. But what wasn't out of place for you with his posts?
:|
srsly...

annnnnnnnd
Doombunny:
What tears it for me is that i'm on your top 2. YET YOU ADMIT THAT MOST OF THE CASE ON ME IS CRAP? AM I SCUM OR AM I NOT? applause for keep a consistent read through out the day but COME ON. if you thought I was scum shouldn't I be number 4? 3 at least?
sneaky ass tunnel.

Good luck with the decision.

KC. Out.
Last edited by Tasky on Wed May 04, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Amrun »

Exe wrote:I explained my read on Maxous. Both he and his predecessor gave only cursory reads and missed major points. They both attempt to give the illusion of scumhunting without actually contributing anything.

A counterquestion for you Amrun:
In your ISO post 57 you said your suspicions of Smarg had culminated in him being your #1. You seemed pretty sure at the time.
In your post 62 however, he's back to only 4th on your list without much reasoning for the drop.

Was there any reason he dropped? It reads a lot like you forgetting the person you were attacking at the time...

That question was more directed to the others, who didn't explain it as well as you did. I included you since you all had the same votes, which I find strange (esp. Grey and smarg).

Here are the timestamps of those posts:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:38 pm (57)
Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:09 am (62)

That's almost a week. A lot of stuff happened in the game in that time period. I didn't fully explain, no, because it was a very busy time for me at school and it was basically all I could do to read and post my read-summaries at the time. It wasn't that I dropped smarg off my radar, it's that other people were currently being more suspicious. She jumped back up later (obviously). (Not a super satisfying answer, but it's the answer I have, nonetheless.)
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:11 am

Post by GreyICE »

Amrun wrote:

Chronopie was horrible.
Maxous writes long walls which contain little content. Not impressed.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Maxous »

GreyICE wrote:
Little surprised that Zinger vanished from the top 2 here. What promoted Exe up from #4 Maxous?

Exe wrote:
FoS
Maxous for taking Zinger (number 2 on your claimed list) off of your top 2. In fact, you took 2 of your top 3 out of your actual vote list. Care to explain why?

The switch was due to Zinger's roleclaim. Instead of claiming he is a vanilla town he referred to himself as
just a casual bystander
. I.E. he flavour claimed.

Without any flips or night periods I don't see how a mafia would know a flavour term for Vanilla Town. Being a mafia-aligned casual bystander makes little sense. (They are not bystanders)

For arguements sake even if he was a mafia goon with the flavour 'casual bystander', as mafia would you

a) Make a safe Vanilla town claim?
or
b) Take a needless risk in flavour claiming?

I highly beleive his claim is genuine. I can't think of any reason why the mafia would know that term.
Hence I put Zinger bottom of the list.

So in this context, Exe gives reasons why Doombunney is mafia and seems convinced about it but keeps two particular people on top of his list who
1) I know is town
2) I'm like 95% sure is town.

I suspect him more than Imaginality now, thusly I put him above Imaginality

As it so happens I think KCD is town as well but given the choice between somebody I'm near positive is town and somebody I think is town, I will have to vote for him.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Amrun »

GreyICE wrote:
Amrun wrote:

Chronopie was horrible.
Maxous writes long walls which contain little content. Not impressed.

Agree about Chronopie; disagree about the bolded.

Maxous: That's actually a very good point about Zinger. Why did you not say it before?

At this point, though, I don't think we can trust that mafia doesn't have that information, especially with fakeclaims being fairly standard mod-provided material in the current meta.

His self-vote is more damning than everything else that made him scummy combined and we can't afford to let Zinger live.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”