chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

ooba wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Pedit: because it's guaranteed to be incorrect, so i find it funny that he's calling me scum because of "bad reads"
when his are going to suck
Ok - just noticed this - How the fuck are you so sure I'm town?

where in the fuck did i say you were town?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Iecerint wrote:I don't think so...the order doesn't mean anything...any given order is just as likely as any other order....

I guess if you think Andy isn't very good at statistics and would deliberately subvert that for aesthetics, it might mean something.

But I don't think you can realistically attack ooba for failing to know about Andy's heart.

while it is true that any given order is equally likely
16 17 18 makes you reconsider
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I think chesskid's "point" (if you can call it that) is that town would be skeptical of such a coincidence occurring after lots of independent thought, whereas scum would be tempted to get lazy and just chuck people from a list into the scum catergory until there were enough there to look legit.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Iecerint »

If anything, I think scum are more likely to construct lists using arbitrary rules like the order in which players are presented. I know I do that more as scum ("Gosh, Town looks full. This one'd better be Neutral...").
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

exactly. it is actually a legitimate argument.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

...so then why did you put it in quotes
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

i thought it was really fucking stupid but then I explained it and it made sense
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

and you of all people are not entitled to question anybody's thought process
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

eh why not
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think I was unclear. This is what I meant:

Town who does this: Puts people into categories

Scum who does this: Makes it prety

Ooba did not make it pretty. He fits the town pattern more, deliberate subversions notwithstanding.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by ooba »

chesskid3 wrote:
ooba wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Pedit: because it's guaranteed to be incorrect, so i find it funny that he's calling me scum because of "bad reads"
when his are going to suck
Ok - just noticed this - How the fuck are you so sure I'm town?

where in the fuck did i say you were town?

You didn't say "He made up shit reads" - which would imply you thought I was scum .. You said "my reads sucked" implying town ..

@AlGm
PoE. All the others I don't want to lynch because of Play/Ability
Out of the 6 people I have as scum, AV is all-but-confirmed, and stronger scum reads on {Chess,Quadz,AlGm}. A stronger scum read on you because Ranger ignored this game for some reason while posting in others.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by ooba »

Plus there is the Jesus result, I find it hard to believe And would just make up a fake-result for Iec based on your past games as God/Jesus ..
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

eh that's semantics

I would say scum have shit reads (unless they're powerbussers), because it's easier to say
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Post by Gemini »

So ...

I don't believe AV's fakeclaim for a second. But I'm happy to have him attempt to prove his super. If he kills a scum, I'm happy to reevaluate my position.

Gandalf is on crack, but actually his story about the redirect is consistent with his posting from yesterday where he did indeed have Iec as his #3 scum suspect. The only thing I can't figure out is how his power is a town power. Why do we need a dayvig who can only kill the person who's already on their way to being lynched? It's a force-lynch, which makes a lot more sense as a scum power. I kind of believe him about the redirect though and this type of thought process is consistent with what I expect from Gandalf town.

As far as AGM, the redirect doesn't change the speculation about the sanity of the result. It's in the ability description that the result is unreliable so it doesn't matter what happened to affect it, there's still a chance it's not accurate. I won't lynch on the result alone, but it definitely makes AGM's alignment an open question because we don't know how reliable that result is.

Chronopie I have read and I want to check something with Mockingjaye before I say any more about him because I had an idea about something.

My candidates for Lynch 2:

Axelrod
: This guy is very much flying under the radar. Posts don't have much content and most are commentary on stuff without much in the way of reads, accusations, cases, votes and other typical scumhunting tools. He didn't take any strong stances against anyone yesterday or seem to have any strong opinions and besides RVS, his only vote was on BabySpice at a time when she was rolling towards a lynch. His overall game play reads classic scum actively lurking to me and he's my next strongest lynch choice after AV.

Quadz:
I was at first thinking it was unlikely that he and AV could be on the same team, but in looking at his voting record, Quadz was all over the place yesterday voting and unvoting so that there's nothing to connect or rule out a connection between him and anyone. He posts fairly often and some of it looks like scumhunting, but he never pressures anyone too hard or sticks on one person too long. I don't have a strong scum read here, but MJ and I both agree he is suspect

One more observation I had is that if AV is scum, Dekes looks like a possible buddy based on his big wall post where he voted multiple people. His treatment of Dekes there looks like a possible weak bus and distancing, especially given all of AV's other targets D1 were either confirmed or probable town. Reading Dekes in ISO, however, he doesn't read all that scummy to me, so I'm not putting him as a lynch candidate, just keeping an eye for now.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:14 am

Post by AGar »

As we've already figured out, I have doublevoting for the day. Thanks CPie.

So obv Chrono is town. Scum with a "Lolyoucangrantdoublevoter" would be broken.

Gandalf's super is essentially confirm-town ability, as it's not lowering the threshold, it's just... whoever has the most fucking votes dies. It's a LYLO killer.

AlmasterGM wrote:Are we ACTUALLY discussing this "JESUS" result as being legitimate?

The game is called the BATTLE. FOR. OLYMPUS.

NOT BATTLE OF RANDOMASS RELIGIOUS FIGURES.

OLYMPUS.

JESUS ISN'T IN THE FUCKING GAME

NON-GREEK GODS/GODDESSES ARE MAFIA FACTION.

Leaning scum on AGM, mainly because Andrius doesn't seem like the kind of person that would be like "Hmm, insane dude investigating someone... LOL THIS NAME." Insane flavor cop is really.. really borderline sketch of an attempt here.

I don't like AV though...

Lynch1 - AV
Lynch2 - AGM

Problem solved? There's at least 1 liar in this group.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:57 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

All the ‘Insert Power X means I’m confirmed Town’ talk needs to stop. There are no such thing as Powers that 100% confirm someone as Town by their use.

Chronopie and Gandalf seem very likely to be Town based on how the Powers work but do not get “ignore play even if it is terribly scummy and refuse to look at near MYLO / LYLO” cards.

--

Based on Chronopie’s answers regarding ‘Grace’ and the doublevote I’m putting my Lynch2 vote down on

Lynch2 – quadz

Although based on play so far I would support AGM as my second choice.

--

Chesskid wrote:common sense would indicate dekes is RB immune

Really … that’s the most obvious conclusion? What does being RB immune say about Dekes’ alignment?

Chesskid wrote:Also no I am not a fucking retard but thanks for playing w/ regards to blocking a Jailkeeper

Elaborate … GO!!!

Chesskid wrote:NEVER SEEN iT AS TOWN ROLE

Then you need to expand your game experience. Ythan in Weeds Mafia was a Town JOAT with a 1-shot Executioner ability.

--

AGM wrote:Are we ACTUALLY discussing this "JESUS" result as being legitimate?

The game is called the BATTLE. FOR. OLYMPUS.

NOT BATTLE OF RANDOMASS RELIGIOUS FIGURES.

OLYMPUS.

JESUS ISN'T IN THE FUCKING GAME

You clearly aren’t this stupid. I know better. Not liking this at all.

--

Gandalf wrote:LOLOLOLOLOL WHO WAS RIGHT

Ok … I’d like you to point to the kill that comes from Poseidon.

--

mothrax wrote:@MoI:when I say things like that it generally means I have seen others points but need to reread for myself.

Then the Pro-Town play would be to not clutter the thread with fluffy statements that have no meaning and just reread and actually come to a conclusion.

--

ooba wrote:Claims and counter claims are always interesting ..

Only when it involves Roles and not use of powers. Because there are several explanations as to why SD can be telling the truth about his target and Dekes still took his ‘action’

ooba wrote:Are you trying to be to Iece what Agar was to you? To reiterate, Iece is one of my strongest town reads. However, if AV is town, he should shoot Iece:

You are approaching this from a AV is Town scenario. Likelyhood of that is slim given what we have witnessed (Iec’s claim and AV’s response). So forcing AV to choose a “suspect” gives us potential relational information.

ooba wrote:Iece - I'm town
as always
- not sure what you're seeing ..

Oh really? Bolded – been hitting the Weed too hard ooba? :D
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:11 am

Unofficial Lynch 1 / Lynch 2 Counts

If you didn’t bold yours I might well have missed them …

Lynch 1

AV – ooba, ShadowDancer, MoI, LordChornos, AGar

Lynch 2

Quadz – ooba, MoI

Chronopie – chesskid

Gandalf – ShadowDancer

AGM – AGar

@PLAYERS – Everyone needs to get a Lynch 2 vote down.
If you are Town and not participating you are doing it wrong. Once we get a concensus on the second lynch we can actually vote off AV-scum and our second candidate.

--

Chesskid wrote:really? really? What's the probability 3 consecutive players on the playerlist are all scum. fuck i'll be generous, 7 scum. PIck any scum. 6/10*5/19 lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you lose

Anyone who spends any more time on this crap needs a slap.

This is a pure Appeal to Probability – “the odds that randomly generated roles would slot three scum next to each other is so low it couldn’t have happened”. Pure fallacy.

It’s a stupid argument and Chess looks to be flailing around looking for any tidbit he thinks he can find to implicate ooba.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Dekes »

chesskid3 wrote:common sense would indicate dekes is RB immune

Not that I know of.

If anynone noticed. I didn't came out yelling "SD's a liar!", because I think it's possible that both scum and town have a reason to block SD's action. But we can make this easy:

Does anyone want to come forward and claim that he or she might be responsible for SD's jailkeep not working on me last night? If not, SD is a liar and needs-a-lynchin'.

Whoever said, "Jesus is a God". Wtf? I mean, Iece claimed beforehand that his results may not be accurate. And then he gets a result of a non-God? I see no reason whatsoever to see AGM as scum based on Iece's claim alone.

lynch2: quadz
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:29 am

Dekes wrote:Does anyone want to come forward and claim that he or she might be responsible for SD's jailkeep not working on me last night? If not, SD is a liar and needs-a-lynchin'.

So you think that SD is an absolute liar if he is Town and scum doesn’t come forward to claim blocking him? I'd like to see you explictly state you don't think that is a possibility.

Dekes wrote:Whoever said, "Jesus is a God". Wtf? I mean, Iece claimed beforehand that his results may not be accurate. And then he gets a result of a non-God? I see no reason whatsoever to see AGM as scum based on Iece's claim alone.

1. If you want to get into a Divinity discussion with someone as to whether Jesus, part of the Holy Trinity, counts as a God please do so. Outright dismissing the possibility is rather short sighted.
2. AGM’s play is terribly bad because he’s focusing purely on the aspect that “Jesus as foreign God” can’t possible exist because this is the ‘Battle for Olympus’ as opposed to scum-hunting.

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Dekes »

I don't think, SD's town. True, scum will probably remain silent if they're responsible. On the other hand, we can give SD another night to confirm his role.

Yet the main focus on AGM seems to be due to the cop result which was confirmed to not be sanity confirmed. Terribly bad = scummy. See Baby Spice. Plus, I actually see bits of scumhunting in AGM's ISO.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Dekes »

EBWOP:
= should say /=
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:43 am

Post by AGar »

In the interest of a few people throwing votes quadz's way, I'm going to ISO him to figure this out. MoI - do you have any other reasoning behind that (I'm guessing you do?) other than Chrono's "grace" thing?

Dekes wrote:Does anyone want to come forward and claim that he or she might be responsible for SD's jailkeep not working on me last night? If not, SD is a liar and needs-a-lynchin'.

Uhhhhh no?

No player stepping up to claim blocking SD != SD-scum.

Again, it would be BORDERLINE BASTARD MODDING for SD to be anti-town of any kind.

Before even reading quadz, Dekes jumps up to Lynch2

Lynch2: Dekes
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:48 am

Post by AGar »

Yeah, I'm not seeing quadz as lynch 2. I'm gonna need specific points here to sell me on this one.

Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

TO MAKE THIS CLEAR YET ANOTHER TIME: IEC IS VERY MOST LIKELY NOT LYING. ANY THEORIES BASED ON THE NOTION OF HIM NOT TELLING THE TRUTH ARE A ONE WAY STREET WITH A PRETTY SOLID WALL AT THE END.

@Gand: Tell me how Executioner/busdriver confirms you as tow in any way. Also tell me why you did not use your super on me, if you are even now still so darn sure that I should be lynched. And lastly explain why you don't want to full claim after you already claimed both your powers?

@Chess: Are you implying that you JKed me? If so - why?
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Dekes »

SD being town makes me cringe, but eh.

Btw, Gandalf, why didn't you redirect SD, who you consider to be SK, to Iece? That would seem more sensible than trying to redirect a scum read, who might not even perform the kill.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”