Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

There is certainly another element between Dekes and me. I daresay there are two sthings that might be noteworthy. But not yet.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:41 am

Post by ooba »

NOOOOOOOOO!! DAMN IT AND LISTEN: IEC IS TRUSTWORTHY I WILL EXPLAIN WHY WHEN TIME'S RIPE FOR IT.

I never said Iece was not trustworthy. But explain how that is not a foolproof plan for testing the 1 vs 1 ?

And was that a Dionysus-grapes-ripe pun?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Axelrod »

Iecerint wrote:
Not sure why Axel is already framing AV's claimed ability as if it will fail (ala "don't target a secondary lynch suspect"). :?

Assuming you are telling the truth, then it's guaranteed he's going to fail, yes? You have a 100% scum (or Non-Greek with him claiming Athena) result on him, yes?

So, yes, I am assuming his "shot" is going to fail.

I do, however, want to keep all bases covered on the however remote chance that he's telling the truth by not immediately torching the person he has "cleared" before we see AV's alignment.

If he actually kills a scum with this hypothetical day-kill, well, then that would be something I'd be happy to figure out what that means afterwards.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Iecerint »

It would not really surprise me if AVscum had a kill as his superpower. It would also not surprise me if another scum had a janitor/framer role as a superpower. This is just speculation, but that's the only motive I can see in AV's behavior. That, or he just wants to WIFOM us by "clearing" a player.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

ooba wrote:
NOOOOOOOOO!! DAMN IT AND LISTEN: IEC IS TRUSTWORTHY I WILL EXPLAIN WHY WHEN TIME'S RIPE FOR IT.

I never said Iece was not trustworthy. But explain how that is not a foolproof plan for testing the 1 vs 1 ?

And was that a Dionysus-grapes-ripe pun?

I didn't mean that your plan is bad per se. But it has a pretty strong implication that Iec was lying which I right now would almost 100% rule out.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Charon just confirmed that normals cannot influence any supers.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Just let AV use his alleged super and see what happens :D
In his next post I expect a target claim.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:14 am

Post by ooba »

Well
- If he is town, he should target you (Iece) since you've claimed a Super alignment check - which does not leave room for other explanations
- If he is scum and has the ability as advertised, then that means two scum teams, so he should shoot at the person who has best chance of being on the other team
- If he is scum and does not have the ability, he should at least tell us so that we can move on to Lynch2 discussion :P
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:45 am

Post by chesskid3 »

im ok with gandalf dying too.

iirc i had him as scum
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:47 am

Post by chesskid3 »

also im amused by the backlash against CK conftown

tells me i'm one of scums misslynch candidates lolololol so much backlashhhhhh
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 am

Post by ooba »

chesskid3 wrote:im ok with gandalf dying too.

iirc i had him as scum

Nah . Gandalf is just terribly bad town .. Can't see the scum percentage in claiming and taking down a Hider .. That ability was secret and could have been used to take nearly anybody out with an early day vote ..
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

AGM wrote:Anywho, we're both getting to the same conclusion, so NO HATIN.

Also...why weren't you a N1 kill? Suspicious.

Because I’m the Black Lantern Bulletproof recruiter, duh, Oops, wrong Dana-Mod game.

I find the irony of the those two sentences coming back to back funny as all get out.

--

Mothrax wrote:Lynch two not so much.
I agree that chrono is a good candidate, but am not sold on it.

I’ve bolded the fence-sitting for everyone to see. The direct conflict between the first and second clauses there is scumtastic.

--

ooba wrote:This game gets a whole lot interesting ..
SD you go any flavor on your JK?

1. He explained the flavor previously. Pay attention.
2. Why did it get more interesting? Elaborate please.

ooba wrote:Ideally the best plan to resolve the 1 vs 1 on Iece and AV is to have
- AV shoot Iece. Since Iece claims to be a greek god, it should fail. Otherwise, Iece scum should die.
However, the only way to differentiate between AV using super and it failing and AV not having an ability is if there is a in-thread flavor confirmation of the flavor of somebody shooting.

Directing the scum-Vig theoretical shot robs us of AV actively choosing himself. Bad thought proves.

--

Iec wrote:A regular redirect doesn't make sense because they'd have to randomly guess that I was investigative, and then redirect me. It's much more likely that they used a busdrive to protect AV.

Goodposting ….
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Axelrod »

I want Gandalf to claim his exact superpower. Like, what it appeared to be was a 1-shot day-vig. that he could only be used on the vote leader and would then end the day.

But maybe there's something in the details.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:56 am

Post by mothrax »

@MoI:when I say things like that it generally means I have seen others points but need to reread for myself.

@AGM: sorry dear, you ain't my type.

P-edit: looked like an exocutioner super. I don't think I have ever seen a scum executioner, but then again, I can't remember the last time I saw an executioner either.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:59 am

Post by ooba »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ooba wrote:This game gets a whole lot interesting ..
SD you go any flavor on your JK?

1. He explained the flavor previously. Pay attention.
2. Why did it get more interesting? Elaborate please.

ooba wrote:Ideally the best plan to resolve the 1 vs 1 on Iece and AV is to have
- AV shoot Iece. Since Iece claims to be a greek god, it should fail. Otherwise, Iece scum should die.
However, the only way to differentiate between AV using super and it failing and AV not having an ability is if there is a in-thread flavor confirmation of the flavor of somebody shooting.

Directing the scum-Vig theoretical shot robs us of AV actively choosing himself. Bad thought proves.

No .. If AV is town, shooting anybody but Iece would be a mistake. Given gandalf's play on D1 - which I would have opposed - spelling it out makes a lot of sense ..

And missed the reply from SD but "got any flavor on your JK" means "Did you get any return PM(flavor) that your JK went through" - that's what I wanted to know ..

Claims and counter claims are always interesting ..
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Charon »

Vote Count

AurorusVox [1]
- Iecerint

Not Voting [15]
- Chronopie, AurorusVox, AGar, AGar, Shadow Dancer, ooba, Dekes, Gemini, AlmasterGM, MagnaofIllusion, Axelrod, quadz08, mothrax, LordChronos, chesskid3

With 16 votes in HELLFIRE, it takes
7 to lynch. Deadline is Monday, May 16th, 2011, 9:00PM PST.
Last edited by Charon on Tue May 03, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I think I didn'Ät get any flavour indicating any kind of success/outcome of my normal. But I had quite some PMs going back and forth between mod and me, so I'll check again.
To make it clear again: There is basically no leeway for AV being town, and Iec is almost surely saying the truth. So I don't even want to try to unerstand your mumbling about two scum teams and whatnot in #907.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:33 am

Post by chesskid3 »

ohw ait nvm i had gandalf as scum until his lol i can half the lynch threshold thing

but then again i can stil see that as scum power >_>
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:34 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Axelrod wrote:I want Gandalf to claim his exact superpower. Like, what it appeared to be was a 1-shot day-vig. that he could only be used on the vote leader and would then end the day.

But maybe there's something in the details.

lolololol
obv half threshold to lynch is obv
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I doublechecked - and no there is nothing that suggests submerge failed for whatever reason, there's also nothing that suggests otherwise, though.
Dekes should claim why he is so shure that my jailkeep failed.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Maybe you should not suggest your expectations in Gandalf's claim as long as he hasn't claimed ;)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:40 am

Post by ooba »

Shadow Dancer wrote:To make it clear again: There is basically no leeway for AV being town, and Iec is almost surely saying the truth. So I don't even want to try to unerstand your mumbling about two scum teams and whatnot in #907.
Are you trying to be to Iece what Agar was to you? To reiterate, Iece is one of my strongest town reads. However, if AV is town, he should shoot Iece:
- Iece uses alignment super on AV
- Supers cannot be disrupted by other powers
- Therefore only two possible explanations remain - AV is scum (or) Iece is lying scum
- Town AV shooting anybody else doesn't make sense ..

edit: I think you can guess why he's sure he was not JK'd. I don't see a reasons as to why Dekes should claim ..
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:43 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I got an idea

AV shoots someone like Chronopie

if they dont die
we lynch AV + another lynch candidate
if AV flips town then that person he tried to shoot is conftown
if AV flips scum and the person he shot no die, we lycnh them tomorrow or osmething
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:43 am

Post by chesskid3 »

But this is not a good scumgambit on Iece's part so I strongly disagree with AV shooting Iece
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:49 am

Post by ooba »

chesskid3 wrote:But this is not a good scumgambit on Iece's part so I strongly disagree with AV shooting Iece

If AV is town, he needs to shoot Iece since AV/Iece cannot share same alignment with Iece's claim
If AV is scum, then using "Strategic Assault" on Iece is a waste since obviously Iece is telling the truth and is greek. He can shoot somebody else .. I'd suggest quadz .. (Chrono remains null-leaning town for me)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”