Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

There's still the possibility that he deliberately asked you to replace in for Ranger because of the name of the role itself, though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Were you on the Replacements list before joining the game? I've noticed that you're not crossed off of the list per se, though ooba isn't either.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by LordChronos »

@AGM

What does the fact that there is apparently a bus driver have to do with the reliability of Iecerint's result on you?
I'm a talking computer.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I was last on the replacement list - I got a mass PM saying the first person to respond took the space. I responded immediately (within 6 minutes) and got the slot. So I don't think I was singled out exclusively.

I would, however, bet CASH MONEY that if your ability thinks up "random" fake names and/or alignments, Andrius thought up that one specifically for me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

LordChronos wrote:@AGM

What does the fact that there is apparently a bus driver have to do with the reliability of Iecerint's result on you?

Because bus driver's affect the reliability of results...........?

is this a trick question?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I was told explicitly that you were the new target. It's not the case that I just invented you as the alternate target. That's what LC means.

@ Ooba -- Did something similar to what AGM is describing happen to you when you joined?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I bet AV's normal power is a bus driver that informs targets of the bus drive, and that his super is an undetectable bus drive.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I doubt Ecstasy is totally random. There'd be no reason for them to fuss about alignment/rolename as what was given if that were the case (as the typo implies they did), unless Andy just wanted to make more work for himself for no reason (except for fun in-jokes).

Not saying *THIS* case is necessarily accurate; just saying that I am skeptical of your implicit thesis that it is a useless ability.

P-Edit: Why would you assume that AV is responsible for the busdrive...? O.o
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Chronopie »

So... Let me get this straight: You attempted to alignment-investigate AV, got redirected to AGM, got the result of "Jesus", got a mod-error correction pm telling you that you get role names instead of alignments.

Then today you Alignment investigated (confirmed Sanity) AV for: "Non-Town"

Is that right?

--

And did anyone get a pm related to the word "Grace"? Or perhaps that they had been Granted something for today?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Jesus makes absolutely zero flavor sense and Andrius loves flavor, so I would say it probably is random.

Your super is daycop. That's pretty fuckin powerful if your night ability is legit too.

as for AV assumption, because he is confirmed scum? doesn't matter, point is - whoever scum bus driver is, I think that's their power.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Iecerint »

That is all correct, except that I think a busdrive is much more likely than a redirect on the grounds that:

A) Redirecting me to AGM makes no sense, even if people thought I was scum and
B) scummy AVscum being busdriving with non-scum makes more sense
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Every single role in the original Greek Mythology was overpowered, so that is affecting how I interpret my role. LOTS of themes from that game have been recycled.

(NB: That game was balanced by having a gillion scum.)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Iecerint »

For example:

In Greek Mythology, I was a sanity-confirmed Cop-Mason whose Super could skip Days and whose mason's Super could skip Nights AND deny scumkills AND I could also forego investigations and become bulletproof AND other toys. I was an extreme case by far, but nonetheless...
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Your role was definitely totally overpowered. As another example, in Greek Mythology I was a cop/doc/roleblocker town JOAT with a super power to block all normal powers for a night. Not quite as good as Iecerint's, but still powerful.
I'm a talking computer.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I would bet money that Ecstasy gives BS results, actually. It's Dionysus, come on. God of Wine and Debauchery and Getting Drunk and Making Bad Decisions. (Additionally, JC doesn't fit any of the kill flavors above. Though, if JC is a legit role, Survivor would be HILARIOUS.)

However, I am now EVEN MORE TOTALLY DOWN TO

VOTE: AV
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

anyone who fucks up the VC today so Chrono/AV aren't lynch today either dies tonight or gets fucked tomorrow
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I don't think JCAGM is scum-scum. No chance at all. Busdriving scum with themselves makes no sense. I suppose it's possible that the ecstasy also randomizes targets as part of the weirdness, but at that point it's all called into doubt, anyway.

NB: This town is not permitted to lynch AV all the way until we have a second lynch victim lined up 100%.
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by Gemini »

Iece, from your description of your abilities, I would say that since reliability of the namecop is questionable, and because of the likelihood of a busdrive, that there is enough of a chance that you got an incorrect name that I agree with your initial thought. Since it appears that AV was busdriven with AGM, and AV is mod-confirmed to be non-Greek, I would say AGM is not likely to be scum with AV (ie a non-Greek god as your result indicates). This looks more like a scum busdrive than a town one, as the only good town use I've been able to do with a busdrive is bus a likely town kill target with a scummy player and that is not what happened here. I don't see scum driving two of their own in this situation, I think it more likely to drive one of their team with someone not on their team.

The ability description you gave states that the sanity is unreliable, so the result is either going to be accurate, or there is some chance that you will get a wrong result. I think if it is a wrong result, it could either be a name chosen randomly by the mods, or another player's name, but I don't think that is very relevant. I think it's much more likely that the mods would choose that incorrect result for AGM as a joke than that they would go so far as to pull a replacement in the game out of order deliberately to give them a scum role as a joke. That seems going way too far as a joke and also not quite kosher.

As far as who I would vote second, AV was my top scum read after Diddin so I'll have to do some reading back in light of the night events. We had picked out Dekes and Axelrod as people to look at in our QT during our night discussion and I will take a look at Chronopie although I'm not sure if there's even a case on him other than Chesskid having something against people with "Chrono" in their names.

Initial thoughts on seeing the deaths:

Three deaths. SB is "slaughtered," Plum is "turned to sand" and Diddin is "castrated" (yipes!)

Diddin kill could be a vig kill, but castrated is pretty peculiar flavor.

I tried looking up "turned to sand" as relates to mythology, but couldn't find anything. I wanted to say this is a non-Greek kill but can't actually find any reference to a god turning someone into sand so I can't even say for sure if this is a Greek or non-Greek kill flavor.
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Gemini »

PS I know you basically just said the first part but I didn't want to delete after writing it all out so thoughtfully. :P

Also, this is Katy writing this.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Chronopie is scummy as fuck
so is LC
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

don't even try to defend your buddy or you die too
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I was thinking Yahweh, but that's because my mind was in Judeo-Christian land.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by ooba »

Hey ..
I'm down with an AV lynch ..
Would like to lynch quadz as the second person ..

Gandalf is an idiot
and I told you ddiddn was town ..

Going through Iece claims again ..
Gemini
Gemini
Townie
Gemini
Townie
Townie

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Gemini »

chesskid3 wrote:Chronopie is scummy as fuck
so is LC

Maybe they are, but since you don't present evidence I have to get off my ass and find out for myself. That takes time, my dear, but it's first on my "to do" list.

@Quadz:
Why in such a hurry to vote for the confirmed scum? It's a sure lynch and we have need for caution and to figure out a secondary vote. Are you hopping on the sure thing early so your vote is set and you don't have to figure out which townie to try to make a fake case on?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by quadz08 »

..... Ummmmm, no. In retrospect, hopping on like that was unnecessary, since he is confirmed scum. I just hadn't thought that particular action through, TBQH.

UNVOTE:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”