Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'll humor you...
unvote

I'm interested to hear your case for AGM+Kdub scum team.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'm serious about that by the way. Rhinox, please never play mafia again.

Leaving someone at L-1 right after GI didn't hammer was possibly the WORST. FUCKING. MOVE. I have EVER seen.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 am

Rhinox wrote:I'll humor you...
unvote

I'm interested to hear your case for AGM+Kdub scum team.

MY CASE?

HOW ABOUT THAT HAMMER KDUB JUST DROPPED?

THAT CASE ENOUGH FOR YOU DUMBASS?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:AGM, fuck off,.

u mad?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Rhinox »

hmmm... I type too slow.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Kdub »

The fake roleblock was all AGM's idea BTW. I think it was actually kinda dumb in retrospect :neutral:

Guess it worked out though.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Fate »

You converge finally to a decision. A final decision that would decide the fate of this town.

"It's him. The gangster. He's definitely up to no good."

One of you rushes him, and by a flash of insight he takes your attack and uses it against you. He flows like water in the chaos. Ducking, weaving, striking, he leaves a trail of minor injuries in his wake.

"Hahahaha I'm getting pretty good at this! One day you'll see me in action Stella! That's my promise!"

A bullet tears through his body, as bullets often do. He collapses on the ground, never to see his sister again.

"She'll be happy right? Without me...with eyes... which was more important anyway? Ah..."

LadyLamdaDelta has been lynched. She was Roko, Townie [Enabler]

Final Vote Count

Rhinox (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (3): AlmasterGM, Rhinox, Kdub
GreyICE (0):
Kdub (0):
AlmasterGM (1): LadyLamda

No Lynch (0):

Not voting: GreyICE

A win condition has been reached.

Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Fate »

A beautiful woman stands over Roko's body, grinning terribly.

"Well well, look's like this town is all ours then huh? Now to enjoy some real solitude. No past, no future, and finally no present."

She spins around, shooting VT right through the head. Alisa crashes into her from the side, and grabs the gun. She jams it into Faye's head, trying to fill herself with rage.

But she can't hate her enough. There was an emptiness in Faye's eyes that disarmed her... Faye wasn't a bad person. Alisa couldn't blame her for any of this... A gollum-like figure pounces on her back, choking her, and the gun slips out of her hands. Soon she is unconscious and Faye finishes her off.

"No wonder you depended on Jet for so long... you're just as weak as you were then. Hmph."

"Yaaay yaaay we won Faye Faye!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!! What do we do now!?"

Rhinox was killed in endgame, he was VT, Townie [Busdriver]
GreyICE was killed in endgame, he was Alisa, Townie [One-Shot Hider]

AlmasterGM survives and is victorious! He was Edward, Red Dragon Clan Computer Hacker [One-Shot Redirector]
Kdub survives and is victorious! He was Faye Valentine, Red Dragon Clan Informant [One-shot Vote Thief]
Vi remains dead and is victorious! He was Vicious, Red Dragon Clan Enforcer [One-Shot Assassin]

The Red Dragon Clan has won the game!

"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Fate »

Dead QT
Behind the Scenes

Set-up is in the Mod QT.

Most of the comments are there as well.

A few hidden mechanics/FAQ role questions:
-The bounty would NEVER be on Spike, Jet, or Vicious.
-If there was no longer a unique bounty in play, Big Shot the show would've been "canceled" and no more bounties would've occured.
-Probably a few more that I'll think of as it comes
-Hider did die if he hid with a miller
-Enforcer enabled the scum to have daytalk
-One-Shot Assassin was a one-shot Ninja/Strongman, not an additional shot.
-Scum could not kill and submit an ability on the same night, even if they were the last scum left.
-Astrologer got random information each dawn about actions that resolved last night/

The design was supposed to be that if town ever caught a break and lynched scum, the scumteam's power dropped exponentially. Each was a key member, one having Day-talk, the other having information on who was the bounty each day, and the last being the roleblocker.

So if you got one? You're in good standings. Two? That cripples the last one who can no longer use their power role and kill. I also didn't want anyone to be "role confirmed" or meta confirmed or any of that. The closest I came to that was GreyICE who WAS confirmed town to UK just to have at least one person that was town to help everyone out with PoE. That backfired when UK didn't 100% clearly describe her role information (even though it was immediately obvious to the scumteam that she was Jet Black) that cleared Grey, and then died N1.

She died because she was killed, and as LLD speculated, she could bodyguard anyone she wanted (and she bodyguarded LLD N1 >_>).
Nacho tracked Toasty going nowhere before he died, IIRC.

With those two dead back to back, all of town's non-bounty power was eliminated. Well Antitown still had his one-shot find out who the bounty is, which I THOUGHT he would use when the bounty was on Faye Valentine, but he never sent in the action and then died.

What made me sad:
-Spike dying D1. I always random.org the set-up three times religiously, and the first time Vi was Spike and I was tempted to roll with it >_>
-No one ever lynching a bounty
-KDUB NOT BUSSING AGM, GETTING TOWNS HOPES UP, THEN TROLLING THEM ALL WITH A VOTE STEAL THE NEXT DAY, he loses his scum MVP for that that's for damn sure ;_; I'm giving it to Vi who just by way of reputation had rippling effects for days and got Jahudo's mislynch sealed
-Town MVP...uhhh.... Toasty? From going from lynchbait to NK drawing?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Kdub »

Bussing AGM for my bounty reward would not have worked because I wouldn't have been able to kill + vote steal on the same night (which is why I asked in the scum QT). So if I did a vote-steal on N5 to get a quicklynch the next day, it would only get me to a 3-player endgame on D7, right? Also, Toasty could have screwed me by giving a double vote to a townie.

I'll read through the setup and associated QTs tomorrow. I'm fine with posting the scum QT if AGM and Vi are OK with it.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

inb4hate.

Really didn't have any strategy other than as soon as I got my scum role PM I knew I was going to buddy with GreyICE and let him blast the path to victory. The roleblocker gambit was not planned - I faked roleblocker because my jailkeeper fakeclaim blew, I didn't understand how the roles were formatted on the first page, and I had already been stalling a lot, so I decided to claim something close to my actual role rather than VT so I didn't fuck it up. Then I figured so long as I was doing that I might as well troll GreyICE and LLD a bit for beating me in Brotherhood of the Wolf (and I thought it would be fitting to gambit in a game moderated by Fate), so I faked the guilty. The no lynch was NOT part of the plan, but fortunately it all worked out okay in the end.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Kise »

Kdub wrote:Well, I just spent about 10 minutes typing up a post, hit preview edit, then realized I wasted my time.

tl;dr version:
VOTE: LLD

Genius.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

@Fate: thanks for town MVP, I guess....lol
@Kdub: Well if you read the dead QT, I wanted to kill AGM in order to get the bounty, so that even if he had been town my extra vote would have given us an advantage. Unfortunately, I had to figure out a way of suggesting it without drawing to much attention to myself.
Also, I find it strange that although you lurked, your posts all said "town" to me. Compared to both the AGM slot and the Vi slot, I don't think I would have seen you as the third scum.

Rage: GI, I hope we can come from this civilly,but I was quite pissed off early. The whole pope thing ticked me off as well, and I think if I hadn't been so angry early game my reads and cases may have been better. On the plus, at least you helped catch Vi. Everything else:not so much.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

I just read the behind the scenes thing lol
Fate, your pretty good at predicting what's going to happen. Also, I figured at least one of the main characters would be scum (Andrius told me not to fall for flavor :O) but I didn't ever consider that they could be the scum team O.o
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Read the dead thread.

My lord the Rhinox hate.

All of which was apparently justified.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

But he was obvtown and I stand by it. UK, if you can't read people like that as town... jesus.

AGM shot EXACTLY the person he could NEVER shoot to get me to lynch UK :P Which didn't matter because Rhinox drops his vote ITT.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

*lynch LLD
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 11:15 pm

@Deadthread:

Whoops, wasn't scum. :roll:

Honestly, I'm not going to recant my suspicion of GI, frankly because he abused his conf.town way too much, and mislynches galore came up.

AGM's gambit was Fucking obvious, and I'm rather upset that no one caught it.

Seraphim can kiss my ass and get lynched day one again :3. You weren't a bad lynch because you claimed non town. Claiming non town= death. Every time.

Rhinox, how about next time you're in lylo, you don't be a derp and leave your vote on someone in L-1, then leave.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:28 am

Post by Seraphim »

We had this discussion before in the QT but claiming anything else was going to turn me into NK bait, and I needed two days. If you didn't lynch me, we could have lynched scum....just saying. My gambit actually did net me Vicious.

I have some words for GreyICE.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:40 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

You shouldn't've let Kdub get away with quicklynching me.

Also, who the hell is 1 information role + bodyguard vs. mafia roleblocker supposed to be balanced? The vote thief alone tips the balance in favour of scum in terms of bounty powers too.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:41 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

EBWOP : how the hell*
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:45 am

Post by Vi »

Everything I have to say is in the dead thread.

A few things I outrightly DIDN'T say are in the dead thread too, like LLD being scum. :D
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 1:44 am

Post by GreyICE »

Well, dead thread doesn't like me.

Can't say I blame em, but can't say either Jahudo or CES was a bad lynch either.

So... whatever.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 3:38 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vi wrote:PikachuGM is actually a competent player. I'm impressed.

<3.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

This is a tough post for me to make.

First off, I want to give props to kdub, AGM, and Vi. Well played all of you. Vi, I never believed you would have claimed miller as scum. After your flip, when I objectively looked at your play, I shoulda been able to read you as scum. You never so quickly label me as town when you're town, but frankly with the slump I was in, I was happier to get through D1 not being a target of yours. Kudos for getting the best of me again :P. AGM, I mean, it was either believe you or don't, after you claimed your result. I made a call, it was wrong. I don't regret it. There was so much nothingless to your slot before you showed up, that it made you a tough read. Nothing to go back and look at objectively. No questions to really ask you. Maybe on the day of the no lynch, I shoulda ask you who about who you thought LLD's scum partner was. And Mr. under-the-radar himself, Kdub. Actually, I shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss the possibility of you and AGM being scum. There is a reason I will get into, but I don't want to take away from the fact that you won because I and others never really thought you were scum by making excuses.

There are some things that need to be said. And this is the tough part, because I spent all evening and night yesterday for real IRL hating life because of this game. I'm glad Fate took his time getting the endgame up and I'm glad I read the dead QT first, but my emotions are still flowing a bit. I'm not upset that we lost and I'm not upset that it was my LyLo vote that caused the loss. I'm very disappointed and hurt at some of the hate that was flung at me this game. I do take it personally because I actually fucking give a shit about this game and this site I waste so much of my life on.

And I really don't need to hide it, you all know I'm referring to GI and LLD, GI for comments throughout the game and LLD for recent comments. I showed restraint in game, pretended like it didn't bother me (mostly, the "go f yourself" comment leaked out but believe me I was showing a huge amount of restraint then), because I was able to tell myself, oh one of you are probably just scum trying to get under my skin or maybe you're just trying to get a reaction out of me, or heat of the moment or whatever and it would pass, but you guys really do seem to think this poorly of me and that does kinda hurt, because I don't particularly feel that this level of hate is justified. I'll be the first to admit when I did not have a great game, and this certainly was not a great game by me, but it wasn't my worst either. And I sure as hell am not solely responsible for the town's loss and I'm not just gonna sit by as the scapegoat and get shat on.

LLD, you think I didn't consider immediately unvoting after GI didn't hammer? But I made a snap decision, that there was no way I was going to believe anything you came up with to argue for a AGM+anyone else lynch after ranting for 2 days about how sure you were that the scum were AGM and GI. The outcome wouldn't have been any different. If you wouldn't have been pushing so hard for the AGM/GI pairing, then maybe I wouldn't have come into the last day with my mind set that the scum team was either AGM/GI or LLD/Kdub. If finally confirmed-town-to-me GI wouldn't have been so sure about AGM/reck town for 3-4 days, maybe I wouldn't have put as much weight on his opinion and be able to see that GI-town doesn't rule out AGM-scum. Point is, I made a decision, it was wrong and I feel bad, but I don't regret making the choice. But I didn't make the choice in a vacuum, as much as I failed to make the right choice, you LLD failed to convince me I was making the wrong choice.

GI, man, I don't have anything against you personally. I do think you need a slice of humble pie, though. I do have a problem with how you played this game though. Did you ever give me a straight answer anytime I asked you something? Seems like everytime I asked you something, you'd not answer the question and tell me how much of an idiot I am. Maybe I was way off base suspecting you as much as I did, but I always came back to the right answer. I could see that attitude towards me if you thought I was scum, but you seemed to generally think I was town moreso than scum. If someone's going to vocally think I'm town, but call me an idiot instead of convincing me I'm wrong in a logical, rational manner, I'm always going to assume I'm being strong-armed and manipulated into being a puppet and I'm not the type of player thats going to sit around and let that happen. And if I missed where you were trying to logically and rationally refute me anytime in the game, then I am sorry and I'll upgrade my bad play to horrible play with confirmation bias. But if you're so close minded and arrogant that you can't be introspective of your own play and understand why I was stuck on you and why I felt the way I did and the parts of your play that made me think that, then you're really not as good of a player as even I was giving you credit for. I mean, the concept of claiming cop as a hider, and getting Vi lynched, that was some good play. Maybe even great play. I mean, you had role and setup help and all, but I give you props still. But I take the props away because your cockiness about it got in the way the rest of the game, and ultimately played a part in the loss seemingly without you willing to take the responsibility for it.

What I am really trying to say is, mafia is a team game, and maybe there are times when 1 person is solely responsible for a loss, but I don't feel that was the case this game. I acknowledge my part in the loss and I really do feel bad about it. I don't invest months into game to be happy about losing. Most times when I lose, I can at least say it was an enjoyable game, but I'm sorry to say that was not the case for me this time for me. I don't have a lot of respect for GI and LLD right now, but that certainly doesn't mean I'd never play with both of you again. I'd ask that you don't judge me based on this one game. I don't think I've played with either of you before this one, so I'm sorry you guys got stuck with me on one of my off games. I care a lot about the games I play and I'm always trying to improve my game. I care enough that what other's think about my play matters. LLD, if you really want to blacklist me based on one subpar performance, if you really think my play was that bad and I'm that horrible of a person, and you feel that warrants a blacklist, then thats pretty unfair to me IMO. I'm not a jerk, I don't play against my wincon, I'm passionate about games, I'm active, I do my best and actually give a shit about games and how I play and whether I win or lose. If despite all that you really think I shouldn't be playing mafia and you never want to play a game I'm in ever again, if that's really how you feel, then I'm not going to lose sleep over it because you're probably not the type of player I want to play with either then. GI, I'd have rather you'd have been scum. Would have been huge props to you for being able to get under my skin and totally manipulate me. If you really feel I'm that big of an idiot, then I look forward to the opportunity first chance I get to use that to my advantage when I'm scum against you. :twisted:

tl;dr: I'm probably sounding like a whiny little bitch, but I poured my whole heart and soul into this post, and I hope you guys actually take the 2 minutes to read it and understand what I'm saying. I don't wanna cause drama and fight, but I had to get some things off my chest because this game really affected me emotionally. But you can't keep a Rhinox down. I'll redeem myself one wy or another.

P.S. Fate, sorry if I'm being a downer on your game. I enjoyed the concept of the bounty mechanic even if it was never used and you should not take my lack of enjoyment of the game as any fault of yours. I'd play in another game of yours anytime.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”